Enjoy them as you revel in the magic, the drama, and the beauty of snowfall gathered on your window panes and fields as far as your eyes can see.
Don’t forget that warm cup of hot chocolate, those fuzzy socks, and, of course, the comfy blankie.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year for some people as the fall season fades away to winter.
The seasons have changed, and winter, with all its magic, is here to enjoy.
But for some people, it’s time to bundle up, hunker down, and count the days until spring.
These winter quotes will help you celebrate the season if you naturally love it or help you see the beauty in it if you struggle to.
Winter quotes on why you ought to love the season
Winter has a lot to offer in all its wonder.
1. “Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration.” — Anamika Mishra
2. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” — Aristotle
3. “The color of springtime is flowers; the color of winter is in our imagination.” — Terri Guillemets
4. “Imagine if fire extinguishers were full of snow. Imagine the fun we could have.” — Neil Hilborn
5. “If winter helps you curl up and more that makes it one of the best of the seasons.” — Murray Pura
6. “Scarves, mittens, and hats are a great way to express your personality in the cold weather.” — Brad Goreski
7. “Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.” — Pietro Aretino
8. “In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.” — William Blake
9. “While I relish our warm months, winter forms our character and brings out our best.” — Tom Allen
10. “The first snow is like the first love.” — Lara Biyuts
Winter quotes to arouse your senses
Allow the season to awaken your senses.
11. “Autumn arrives in early morning, but spring at the close of a winter day.” — Elizabeth Bowen
12. “I got all my boyhood in vanilla winter waves around the kitchen stove.” — Jack Kerouac
13. “I pray this winter be gentle and kind—a season of rest from the wheel of the mind. ” — John Geddes
14. “In winter, we behold the charms of solemn majesty and naked grandeur.” — James Ellis
15. “Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.” — Victor Hugo
16. “Winter is a season of recovery and preparation.” — Paul Theroux
17. “One kind word can warm three winter months.” — Japanese Proverb
18. “Surrendering to the fact of winter is a relief: I am grateful for these lingering days of cold.” — Kelsi Turner
19. “The winter is a slow time, but it’s not lifeless.” — Beth Botts
20. “‘Hear! hear!’ screamed the jay from a neighboring tree, where I had heard a tittering for some time, ‘winter has a concentrated and nutty kernel, if you know where to look for it.'” — Henry David Thoreau
Winter Quotes To Embrace The Season and Keep Warm
Cuddle up with these quotes to stay warm during the season.
21. “Even in winter, an isolated patch of snow has a special quality.” — Andy Goldsworthy
22. “The most beautiful springs are those that come after the most horrible winters!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
23. “On a lone winter evening, when the frost Has wrought a silence.” — John Keats
24. “There seems to be so much more winter than we need this year.” — Kathleen Norris
25. “O Winter, ruler of the inverted year!” — William Cowper
26. “Be like the sun and meadow, which are not in the least concerned about the coming winter.” — George Bernard Shaw
27. “I read, much of the night, and go south in the winter.” — T.S. Eliot
28. “No one can look at a pine tree in winter without knowing that spring will come again in due time.” — Frank Bolles
29. “God is day and night, winter and summer, war and peace, surfeit and hunger.” — Heraclitus
30. “We must take root; send out some little fibre at least, even every winter day.” — Henry David Thoreau
Funny winter quotes
Embrace winter with a hearty laugh with this collection of funny winter quotes guaranteed to warm your spirits.
31. “The problem with winter sports is that – follow me closely here – they generally take place in winter.” — Dave Barry
32. “Winter is not a season in the North Middlewest; it is an industry.” ― Sinclair Lewis
33. “A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.” — Carl Reiner
34. “Nothing burns like the cold.” ― George R.R. Martin
35. “There’s no such thing as bad weather, just soft people.” — Bill Bowerman
36. “Winter is the time for stories, staying fast by the glow of fire.” ― Isabel Greenberg
37. “A man says a lot of things in summer he doesn’t mean in winter.” — Patricia Briggs
38. “Flowers that bloom in the winter may not survive till spring.” ― K Hari Kumar
39. “I was just thinking, if it is really religion with these nudist colonies, they sure must turn atheists in the wintertime.” — Will Rogers
Winter quotes on the magic of the season
See why the winter season draws people in by reading the following quotes.
40. “Thank goodness for the first snow; it was a reminder—no matter how old you became and how much you’d seen, things could still be new if you were willing to believe they still mattered.” — Candace Bushnell
41. “Welcome, winter. Your late dawns and chilled breath make me lazy, but I love you nonetheless.” — Terri Guillemets
42. “I love the scents of winter! For me, it’s all about the feeling you get when you smell pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, gingerbread, and spruce.” — Taylor Swift
43. “In the winter, she curls up around a good book and dreams away the cold.” — Ben Aaronvitch
44. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” — Edith Sitwell
45. “The fire is winter’s fruit.” — Arabian Proverb
46. “I prefer winter and Fall when you feel the bone structure of the landscape–the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn’t show. ” — Andrew Wyeth
47. “Snow flurries began to fall, and they swirled around people’s legs like house cats. It was magical, this snow globe world.” — Sarah Addison Allen
48. “Snow falling soundlessly in the middle of the night will always fill my heart with sweet clarity.” — Novala Takemoto
49. “Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake.” — Sara Raasch
Winter quotes to help you make the most out of the season
Many view it as a time for comfort foods, reading good books under a blanket, and reflecting over a big mug of hot chocolate.
51. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness. ” — John Steinbeck
52. “Winter forms our character and brings out our best.” — Tim Allen
53. “How many lessons of faith and beauty we should lose if there were no winter in our year!” — Thomas Wentworth Higginson
54. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” — Albert Camus
55. “As winter approaches – bringing cold weather and family drama – we crave page-turners, books made for long nights, and tryptophan-induced sloth.” — Sarah MacLean
56. “Spring passes, and one remembers one’s innocence. Summer passes, and one remembers one’s exuberance. Autumn passes, and one remembers one’s reverence. Winter passes, and one remembers one’s perseverance.” — Yoko Ono
Changing season quotes about winter
Change feels hard at times but can bring a lot of good, as shown in these quotes.
57. “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” — Anne Bradstreet
58 “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” — Hal Borland
59. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, ‘Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.'” — Lewis Carroll
60. “They who sing through the summer must dance in the winter.” — Italian Proverb
61. “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” — Anton Chekhov
62. “The best thing about a British winter is the cold weather, real fires, frosty mornings. I love living somewhere that has proper seasons.” — Jane Fallon
63. “We cannot stop the winter or the summer from coming. We cannot stop the spring or the fall or make them other than they are. They are gifts from the universe that we cannot refuse. But we can choose what we will contribute to life when each arrives.” — Gary Zukhav
Don’t forget to also check out these water quotes that will get you thinking.
64. “If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
65. “It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” — Charles Dickens
66. “If you think my winter is too cold, you don’t deserve my spring.” — Erin Hanson
Winter quotes to help you see the beauty in it
Winter’s beauty lies in the glistening snow, transforming the world into a peaceful and enchanting wonderland.
67. “He who marvels at the beauty of the world in summer will find equal cause for wonder and admiration in winter.” — John Burroughs
68. “Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers.” — Kahlil Gibran
69. “There’s just something beautiful about walking on snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special.” — Carol Rifka Brunt
70. “Winter is coming.” — George R.R. Martin
You might also like these peaceful autumn quotes that show the beauty of the season.
Winter quotes that make you feel cozy
These cozy winter quotes wrap you in a warm embrace while capturing the surprising warmth that comes with the season.
71. “My old grandmother always used to say, Summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.” — George R.R. Martin
72. “Snow was falling,
so much like stars
filling the dark trees
that one could easily imagine
its reason for being was nothing more
73. “Is it snowing where you are? All the world that I see from my tower is draped in white, and the flakes are coming down as big as pop-corns.” — Jean Webster
74. “Winter then, in its early and clear stages, was a purifying engine that ran unhindered over city and country, alerting the stars to sparkle violently and shower their silver light into the arms of bare up reaching trees.” — Mark Helprin
More cozy quotes for the season
Here are some additional quotes to bring that cozy feeling for winter.
75. “No animal, according to the rules of animal etiquette, is ever expected to do anything strenuous, or heroic, or even moderately active during the off-season of winter.” — Kenneth Grahame
76. “It is growing cold. Winter is putting footsteps in the meadow. What whiteness boasts that sun that comes into this wood!” — Roman Payne
77. “One need never be dull as long as one has friends to help, gardens to enjoy and books in the long winter evenings.” — D. E. Stevenson
78. “That’s what winter is: an exercise in remembering how to still yourself then how to come pliantly back to life again.” — Ali Smith
79. “But now she loved winter. Winter was beautiful “up back” – almost intolerably beautiful. Days of clear brilliance. Evenings that were like cups of glamour – the purest vintage of winter’s wine.” — L.M. Montgomery
80. “In winter, we must protect one another, keep each other warm, share our strengths.” — George R.R. Martin
More Winter Quotes and Sayings
If you can’t get enough of winter, these quotes will help you get the most out of it.
81. “You can’t get too much winter in the winter.” — Robert Frost
82. “The smallest snowstorm on record took place an hour ago in my backyard. It was approximately two flakes. I waited for more to fall, but that was it.” ― Richard Brautigan
83. “Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.” — Deborah Kerr
84. “Maybe eventually winter will finish our job for us and end the world in ice instead of blood.” ― Isaac Marion
85. “You should see my corgis at sunset in the snow. It’s their finest hour. About five o’clock, they glow like copper. Then they come in and lie in front of the fire like a string of sausages.” –— Tasha Tudor
86. “The world was furred with late spring snow. It was the soft, thick stuff that excites you unless you are driving or half dead, packing snow already falling in caterpillars off the greening branches.” ― Marian Engel
87. “Winter blues are cured every time with a potato gratin paired with a roast chicken.” — Alexandra Guarnaschelli
88. “Sometimes I would like to be a child again, and other times a woman made of snow.” — Deirdre Sullivan
89. “Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do – or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so.” — Stanley Crawford
90. “Winter is a season we all wish to start and end soon.” ― Karen Zirbes
Cozy Up With These Winter Quotes
There are few things that provide the opportunity to be “cozy,” such as a warm blanket and hot drink on a cold winter day.
91. “Trees in winter lose their leaves. Some trees may even fall during storms, but most stand patiently and bear their fortune.” ― Ming-Dao Deng
92. “When clouds are seen, wise men put on their cloaks; When great leaves fall, then winter is at hand.” ― William Shakespeare
93. “Like when you sit in front of a fire in winter — you are just there in front of the fire. You don’t have to be smart or anything. The fire warms you.” ― Desmond Tutu
94. “Pleasant is a rainy winter’s day, within doors! The best study for such a day, or the best amusement—call it which you will—is a book of travels, describing scenes the most, unlike that sombre one.” ― Nathaniel Hawthorne
95. “The winter is the night of the year.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
96. “And for the season it was winter, and they that know the winters of that country know them to be sharp and violent, and subject to cruel and fierce storms.” ― William Bradford
97. “Perhaps I am a bear, or some hibernating animal underneath, for the instinct to be half asleep all winter is so strong in me.” ― Anne Morrow Lindbergh
98. “Winter solitude—in a world of one colour, the sound of the wind.” ― Matsuo Basho
99. “Take winter as you find him, and he turns out to be a thoroughly honest fellow, with no-nonsense in him, which is a great comfort in the long run.” ― James Russell Lowell
100. “Winter is the time when one dreams of a sun that is warm.” ― Marcel Proust
What’s your favorite thing about winter?
“Do you want to build a snowman?” to borrow a quote from the movie from Frozen.
These quotes about winter give a complete view of the season, from the cozy and magical to the deep thoughts and the funniness of those who don’t enjoy the cold.
You can choose to celebrate the season by picking one, two, or more things from the winter quotes above to participate in and enjoy.
Use the season as a time of calm reflection.
Or, use it as a time to go out and enjoy the cold and snow.
Either way, take time to appreciate the changing of the season because before you know it, spring will arrive in all its glory.
What’s your favorite thing about winter?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Rather than doing nothing and getting sucked into a terrible rabbit hole, let’s explore ten ways to reinvent yourself so you – and your life – can become unstuck.
Everyday Power’s motivation section is all about developing the mindset to be resilient and persevere over whatever obstacles you have in your life.
Introduce yourself to some wise words and concepts that will provide inspiration or advice to help us fulfill our potential and allow us to live the life we were destined to live.
Did you know you can increase your productivity using neuro-associations? You don’t actually have to “do” more. Find out how!
Check out these related quote articles:
What was it about the movie that made it such a phenomenon? These Frozen quotes prove it was humor, love, and wit that kept audiences coming back for more!
If you have ever had the opportunity to watch snowflakes fall from the sky, you will love these Snowflake quotes.
Enjoy the beauty of fall and the changing seasons all year long with these Autumn quotes.
The month of January is a beloved period of renewal for many, as you will see in these January quotes.