American Horror Story has had nine seasons, over 100 episodes, and countless quotables from your favorite characters.
Below are some of the best American Horror Story quotes to ever grace the small screen.
What’s your favorite AHS season?
American Horror Story is a horror anthology series created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, previously known for creating hit TV shows such as Nip/Tuck and Glee.
Although each season begins a brand new storyline, many of the same actors and actresses have frequently starred in the AHS series.
Prominent actors and actresses featured include Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Angela Bassett.
AHS is known for being shocking, thought-provoking, and downright horrifying.
Check out some of the greatest AHS quotes from the award-winning TV series below.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
American Horror Story quotes about suffering
1. “Feel the fear and the pain, let it all in, and then let it all go.” – Cordelia Foxx (Sarah Paulson)
You will also enjoy our article on Wu-Tang quotes.
2. “You are going to die in there.” – Addie Langdon (Katelyn Reed)
3. “You see everything when the world doesn’t see you.” – Liz Taylor (Denis O’Hare)
4. “It’s ironic, but I never knew how to live until I died.” – Iris (Kathy Bates)
5. “The cruelest thing of all is false hope.” – Sister Jude (Jessica Lange)
6. “If you love someone, you should never hurt them.” – Tate Langdon (Evan Peters)
7. “I have long stopped wondering why the mad do mad things.” – Constance Langdon (Jessica Lange)
8. “Mental illness is just a fashionable name for sin.” – Sister Jude (Jessica Lange)
9. “One day, I’ll bury you.” – Lana Winters (Sarah Paulson)
10. “From blood and pain come perfection.” – Constance Langdon (Jessica Lange)
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of American Crime Story quotes fans can’t get enough of.
More AHS quotes about suffering
11. “We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.” – The Countess (Lady Gaga)
12. “When bad things keep happening to good people, you start to question what is right and what is wrong.” – Jimmy Darling (Evan Peters)
13. “You’re all toads in a pot which Fiona is slowly bringing to the boil, by the time you notice, it will already be too late, I’d rather burn than boil.” – Myrtle Snow (Frances Conroy)
14. “One of the comforts of having children is knowing one’s youth has not fled, but merely been passed down to a new generation. They say when a parent dies, a child feels his own mortality. But when a child dies, it’s immortality that a parent loses.” – Constance Langdon (Jessica Lange)
15. “No matter how gruesome or horrible the murder, you can always find someone who’ll buy the house.” – Marcy (Christine Estabrook)
16. “You know what I wouldn’t give to have real hands like yours? To be able to touch a girl without scaring her? From where I’m sitting you got the world on a string. So, you go home to your mansion on the hill, and you thank God for all you got.” – Jimmy Darling (Evan Peters)
17. “My aim was to give these wasted lives purpose, meaning, and I’ve succeeded beyond my wildest imagination. My experiments with a combination of syphilis and tuberculosis have produced results unseen in the history of medical science. When they arrived here, these patients were less than men. Now, because of me, they’re more than human.” – Arthur Arden (James Cromwell)
18. “It isn’t who you kill or who you screw. It’s the heartbreaks. The bigger, the better.” – The Countess (Lady Gaga)
19. “Now I understand. Tragedy was preparing me for something greater. Every loss that came before was a lesson.” – Constance Langdon (Jessica Lange)
20. “I’m tough but I’m no cookie.” – Lana Winters (Sarah Paulson)
21. “When witches don’t fight, we burn.” – Fiona Goode (Jessica Lange)
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Castle Rock quotes that will keep you scared.
American Horror Story quotes about fear
22. “I look at you and I don’t see a man. I see a sad, scared little boy so pathetic he couldn’t even kill me with a thousand nuclear bombs.” – Cordelia Foxx (Sarah Paulson)
23. “All monsters are human.” – Sister Jude (Jessica Lange)
24. “If you look in the face of evil, evil’s gonna look right back at you.” – Sister Jude (Jessica Lange)
25. “Living with secrets is not healthy.” – Oliver Thredson (Zachary Quinto)
Have you seen these stimulating Criminal Minds quotes?
Who’s your favorite actor or actress from the AHS series?
At the basis of American Horror Story’s yearly rebrand, is a transformation of what modern-day horror is.
Horror doesn’t just mean monsters that bump in the night.
Horror could very well be embedded into your day-to-day life.
Often, the things that are most frightening to the viewer have a basis of truth within them.
It’s one of the many reasons why American Horror Story has had long-running success.
They understand the basis of fears that a majority of Americans experience frequently.
Is there an episode of AHS that you frequently rewatch?
Let us know your thoughts on AHS below.