American Horror Story has had nine seasons, over 100 episodes, and countless quotables from your favorite characters. Below are some of the best American Horror Story quotes to ever grace the small screen.
What’s your favorite AHS season?
American Horror Story is a horror anthology series created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, previously known for creating hit TV shows such as Nip/Tuck and Glee.
Although each season begins a brand new storyline, many of the same actors and actresses have frequently starred in the AHS series. Prominent actors and actresses featured include Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Angela Bassett.
AHS is known for being shocking, thought-provoking, and down-right horrifying. Check out some of the greatest AHS quotes from the award-winning TV series below.
American Horror Story quotes about suffering
1. “Feel the fear and the pain, let it all in, and then let it all go.” – Cordelia Foxx (Sarah Paulson)
2. “You are going to die in there.” – Addie Langdon (Katelyn Reed)
3. “When bad things keep happening to good people, you start to question what is right and what is wrong.” – Jimmy Darling (Evan Peters)
4. “The cruelest thing of all is false hope.” – Sister Jude (Jessica Lange)
5. “If you love someone, you should never hurt them.” – Tate Langdon (Evan Peters)
6. “I have long stopped wondering why the mad do mad things.” – Constance Langdon (Jessica Lange)
7. “Mental illness is just a fashionable name for sin.” – Sister Jude (Jessica Lange)
8. “One day, I’ll bury you.” – Lana Winters (Sarah Paulson)
9. “You’re all toads in a pot which Fiona is slowly bringing to the boil, by the time you notice, it will already be too late, I’d rather burn than boil.” – Myrtle Snow (Frances Conroy)
10. “You know what I wouldn’t give to have real hands like yours? To be able to touch a girl without scaring her? From where I’m sitting you got the world on a string. So, you go home to your mansion on the hill, and you thank God for all you got.” – Jimmy Darling (Evan Peters)
11. “We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.” – The Countess (Lady Gaga)
More AHS quotes about suffering
12. “You see everything when the world doesn’t see you.” – Liz Taylor (Denis O’Hare)
13. “It’s ironic, but I never knew how to live until I died.” – Iris (Kathy Bates)
14. “One of the comforts of having children is knowing one’s youth has not fled, but merely been passed down to a new generation. They say when a parent dies, a child feels his own mortality. But when a child dies, it’s immortality that a parent loses.” – Constance Langdon (Jessica Lange)
15. “No matter how gruesome or horrible the murder, you can always find someone who’ll buy the house.” – Marcy (Christine Estabrook)
16. “From blood and pain come perfection.” – Constance Langdon (Jessica Lange)
17. “My aim was to give these wasted lives purpose, meaning, and I’ve succeeded beyond my wildest imagination. My experiments with a combination of syphilis and tuberculosis have produced results unseen in the history of medical science. When they arrived here, these patients were less than men. Now, because of me, they’re more than human.” – Arthur Arden (James Cromwell)
18. “It isn’t who you kill or who you screw. It’s the heartbreaks. The bigger, the better.” – The Countess (Lady Gaga)
19. “Now I understand. Tragedy was preparing me for something greater. Every loss that came before was a lesson.” – Constance Langdon (Jessica Lange)
20. “I’m tough but I’m no cookie.” – Lana Winters (Sarah Paulson)
21. “When witches don’t fight, we burn.” – Fiona Goode (Jessica Lange)
Also read these funny The Handmaid’s Tale quotes.
American Horror Story quotes about fear
22. “I look at you and I don’t see a man. I see a sad, scared little boy so pathetic he couldn’t even kill me with a thousand nuclear bombs.” – Cordelia Foxx (Sarah Paulson)
23. “All monsters are human.” – Sister Jude (Jessica Lange)
24. “If you look in the face of evil, evil’s gonna look right back at you.” – Sister Jude (Jessica Lange)
25. “Living with secrets is not healthy.” – Oliver Thredson (Zachary Quinto)
26. “We all fear that we will end up alone, that love will be pulled from us.” – Elsa Mars (Jessica Lange)
27. “The times may have changed, Doctor, but the nature of evil has not.” – Monsignor Timothy Howard (Joseph Fiennes)
28. “People don’t come to see freaks in the heat of day. They come in the evening. When the darkness moves in and speaks of mystery. The unknown. When logic loosens its vice grip and the imagination comes out to play. The night allows the stars to shine and we come alive.” – Elsa Mars (Jessica Lange)
29. “The point is in this whole wide wicked world the only thing you have to be afraid of is me.” – Fiona Goode (Jessica Lange)
30. “My monsters, the ones you call depraved, they are the beautiful, heroic ones.” – Elsa Mars (Jessica Lange)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Doctor Who Quotes throughout the seasons.
Funny American Horror Story quotes
31. “Welcome to the revolution, Carrot Top. As the next Supreme, I’m gonna drag this Coven out of the Dark Ages. Crotchless panties for everyone.”— Madison Montgomery (Emma Roberts)
32. “At any rate, I’m not going to kill you, well maybe after dessert. I put a lot of effort into the Key Lime Pie.” – Myrtle Snow (Frances Conroy)
33. “Everybody thinks they have style, and everybody thinks they’re funny. Most people aren’t.” – Marcy (Christine Estabrook)
34. “My hair is an eternal mystery, never to be fully understood.” – Myrtle Snow (Frances Conroy)
35. “She needed the help of a powerful voodoo queen… but that ain’t you, sis!” – Marie Laveau (Angela Bassett)
36. “Surprise bitch. I bet you’d thought you seen the last of me.” — Madison Montgomery (Emma Roberts)
37. “Don’t be a hater, dear.” – Myrtle Snow (Frances Conroy)
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational Grey’s Anatomy quotes.
Other hilarious AHS quotes
38. “Hi, I’m Tate. I’m dead. Want to hook up? – Tate Langdon (Evan Peters)
39. “Do you think I’m full of shame and regret for what I’ve done now, Sister? You could shave me bald as a cue-ball and I’d still be the hottest tamale in this joint!” – Shelley (Chloë Sevigny)
40. “This coven doesn’t need a new supreme, it needs a new rug.” – Fiona Goode (Jessica Lange)
41. “I grew up on white girl shit, like Charmed and Sabrina the Teenage Cracker.” – Queenie (Gabourey Sidibe)
42. “The dead can hold a grudge better than most Scorpios.” – Billie Dean Howard (Sarah Paulson)
43. “The world’s not going to miss a bunch of assholes in Ed Hardy t-shirts.” – Fiona Goode (Jessica Lange)
44. “Imagine that. Being a freak for being normal.” – Jimmy Darling (Evan Peters)
45. “We are a Christian country. Everybody loves a resurrection.” – Kai Anderson (Evan Peters)
Inspirational American Horror Story quotes
46. “You can write your own destiny. You can still turn away.” – Cordelia Foxx (Sarah Paulson)
47. “Goddesses don’t speak in whispers. They scream.” – The Countess (Lady Gaga)
48. “Screw high school. It’s just a blip in your timeline. Don’t get stuck there.” – Tate Langdon (Evan Peters)
49. “If you want to feel the magic of cause and effect you have to have a purpose.” – Liz Taylor (Denis O’Hare)
50. “Be in your nature.” – Zoe Benson (Taissa Farmiga)
Have you seen these stimulating Criminal Minds quotes?
Who’s your favorite actor or actress from the AHS series?
At the basis of American Horror Story’s yearly rebrand, is a transformation of what modern day horror is. Horror doesn’t just mean monsters that bump in the night. Horror could very well be imbedded into your day-to-day life.
Often, the things that are most frightening to the viewer have a basis of truth within them. It’s one of the many reasons why American Horror Story has had long-running success. They understand the basis of fears that a majority of Americans experience frequently.