Looking for the best Bob Ross quotes that will make your day better?
Robert Norman Ross was an American painter, art teacher, and television personality.
He is best known for his instructional television program, The Joy of Painting, which reached millions of art lovers.
Born in Florida on October 29, 1942, Ross enlisted in the United States Air Force at 18 and eventually became a master sergeant.
It was during this tenure that he discovered his love for painting.
In 1983, he began hosting The Joy of Painting, where he taught viewers how to paint in a series of half-hour lessons.
The show became hugely popular and helped make Ross a household name.
As an art instructor, Ross taught techniques for landscape oil painting to millions of people.
And although he taught painting, all his art lessons also turned out to be life lessons.
Known for his off-the-cuff insights and adages, he inspired people to own their mistakes, be more patient, and appreciate life’s little joys.
Ross died at the age of 52 on July 4, 1995.
But even after his death, he is still an internet celebrity, popular with fans on YouTube and many other websites.
Ross managed to tap into his Everyday Power to become the King of Painting and a beloved art teacher.
His legacy as a beloved and talented painter continues to inspire people worldwide.
To honor him, here are some great Bob Ross quotes that will improve your day.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Bob Ross quotes on art and life
1. “All you need to paint is a few tools, a little instruction, and a vision in your mind.” ― Bob Ross
You will also enjoy our article on painting Quotes.
2. “It’s so important to do something every day that will make you happy.” ― Bob Ross
3. “Mix up a little more shadow color here, then we can put us a little shadow right in there. See how you can move things around? You have unlimited power on this canvas — can literally, literally move mountains” ― Bob Ross
4. “I think there’s an artist hidden at the bottom of every single one of us.” ― Bob Ross
5. “If I paint something, I don’t want to have to explain what it is.” ― Bob Ross
You will also enjoy our article on drawing quotes.
6. “It’s hard to see things when you are too close. Take a step back and look.” ― Bob Ross
7. “We artists are a different breed of people. We’re a happy bunch.” ― Bob Ross
8. “Gotta give him a friend. Like I always say, ‘Everyone needs a friend.’” ― Bob Ross
9. “I think each of us, sometime in our life, has wanted to paint a picture.” ― Bob Ross
10. “If you do too much, it’s going to lose its effectiveness.” ― Bob Ross
Bob Ross quotes to motivate you to live a better life
11. “Look around. Look at what we have. Beauty is everywhere—you only have to look to see it.” ― Bob Ross
12. “You need the dark in order to show the light.” ― Bob Ross
13. “This is your world. You’re the creator. Find freedom on this canvas. Believe, that you can do it, ‘cuz you can do it.” ― Bob Ross
14. “There’s nothing in the world that breeds success like success.” ― Bob Ross
15. “I really believe that if you practice enough you could paint the ‘Mona Lisa’ with a two-inch brush.” ― Bob Ross
16. “How do you make a round circle with a square knife? That’s your challenge for the day.” ― Bob Ross
17. “Water’s like me. It’s laaazy … Boy, it always looks for the easiest way to do things” ― Bob Ross
18. “Don’t forget to make all these little things individuals — all of them special in their own way.” ― Bob Ross
19. “You have to allow the paint to break to make it beautiful.” ― Bob Ross
20. “You can do anything here — the only prerequisite is that it makes you happy.” ― Bob Ross
Also read these inspirational Karl Lagerfeld quotes about art and fashion.
Bob Ross quotes to inspire you to live your best life
21. “We don’t make mistakes, just happy little accidents.” ― Bob Ross
22. “Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you’re willing to practice, you can do.” ― Bob Ross
23. “I guess I’m a little weird. I like to talk to trees and animals. That’s okay though; I have more fun than most people.” ― Bob Ross
24. “Ever make mistakes in life? Let’s make them birds. Yeah, they’re birds now.” ― Bob Ross
25. “You can do anything you want. This is your world.” ― Bob Ross
Which of these Bob Ross quotes was your favorite?
Bob Ross was more than an art teacher.
His painting lessons contained valuable wisdom about life that anyone can benefit from; whether or not you’re into painting.
With his soft, soothing voice and satisfyingly gentle brush strokes, Ross inspired many people to embrace their mistakes, go with the flow and appreciate simplicity.
Hopefully, these quotes have helped make your day better and motivated you to live your best life.
Did you enjoy these Bob Ross quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.