Life is full of ups and downs and many challenges, these religious quotes can help you to maintain peace through it all.
In life, it’s impossible to be able to control all of the situations and circumstances in your life. There are going to be challenges that you face along with obstacles that you will need to overcome.
Without inner peace, this can leave you feeling like you are riding a roller coaster while experiencing all of the ups and downs.
But when you find inner peace, you are able to stay steady through it all. These religious quotes and verses can help.
Religious quotes for difficulttimes
1. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” – Psalm 46:1-3
2. “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.” – Proverbs 18:10
3. Battles are fought in our minds every day. When we begin to feel the battle is just too difficult and want to give up, we must choose to resist negative thoughts and be determined to rise above our problems. We must decide that we’re not going to quit. When we’re bombarded with doubts and fears, we must take a stand and say: ‘I’ll never give up! God’s on my side. He loves me, and He’s helping me! I’m going to make it!’ – Joyce Meyer
4. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
5. “Nothing but encouragement can come to us as we dwell upon the faithful dealing of our Heavenly Father in centuries gone by. Faith in God has not saved people from hardships and trials, but it has enabled them to bear tribulations courageously and to emerge victoriously.” – Lee Robertson
6. “The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.” – Psalm 9:9-10
7. “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.” – Psalm 32:7-8
8. “Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering…. The love of God did not protect His own Son…. He will not necessarily protect us – not from anything it takes to make us like His Son. A lot of hammering and chiseling and purifying by fire will have to go into the process.” – Elisabeth Elliot
9. “When the news of the day upsets me, I pause and worship the eternal sovereign God who is never surprised or caught unprepared. This keeps me from fretting and getting discouraged, and it helps to keep my life in balance.” – Katherine Walden
10. “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” – James 1:2-4
You might also like these baptism quotes and sayings explaining the religious importance.
Religiousquotes about overcoming
11. “God knows our situation; He will not judge us as if we had no difficulties to overcome. What matters is the sincerity and perseverance of our will to overcome them.” – C.S. Lewis
12. “Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.” – 2 Corinthians 13:11
13. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4: 6-7
14. “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
15. “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
16. “For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” – Isaiah 41:13
17. “Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.” – Romans 12: 17-18
18. “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life — of whom shall I be afraid?” – Psalm 27:1
19. “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” – Matthew 6:34
20. “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” – James 1:12
ReligiousQuotes about finding peace from helping others
21. “I would go to the deeps a hundred times to cheer a downcast spirit. It is good for me to have been afflicted, that I might know how to speak a word in season to one that is weary.” – Charles Spurgeon
22. “He (God) must give us Peace with God, with ourselves, with men, with circumstances, before we can go forth effectually to bring Peace to others. If He has given us these good things, He has bound us to spread them. Let us do so. And if our Peace ever is spoken in vain as regards others, it will come back to us again; and we shall be kept in perfect peace, even in the midst of strife, until we enter at last into the city of Peace and serve the King of Peace forever.” – Alexander MacLaren
23. “Christians are like the several flowers in a garden that have each of them the dew of heaven, which, being shaken with the wind, they let fall at each other’s roots, whereby they are jointly nourished, and become nourishers of each other.” – John Bunyon
Religiousquotes on where to turn for peace
24. “The Bible is God’s chart for you to steer by, to keep you from the bottom of the sea, and to show you where the harbor is, and how to reach it without running on rocks or bars.” – Henry Ward Beeche
25. “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:16
26. “Because of the tender mercy of our God, whereby the sunrise shall visit us from on high, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.” – Luke 1: 78-79
27. “I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” – Psalm 121: 1-2
28. “The moment you wake up each morning, all your wishes and hopes for the day rush at you like wild animals. And the first job each morning consists in shoving it all back; in listening to that other voice, taking that other point of view, letting that other, larger, stronger, quieter life come flowing in.” – C.S. Lewis
29. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” – John 14:27
30. “Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry.” – Psalm 34: 13-15
31. “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” – Romans 5: 1-2
32. “Agree with God, and be at peace; thereby good will come to you. Receive instruction from his mouth, and lay up his words in your heart.” – Job 22: 21-22
33. “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.” – Psalm 4:8
34. “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:16
35. “Wherever there is joy in the world, wherever there is hope, wherever there is a spirit of moral victory, I find behind it evangelical believers for whom God has become personally real in their lives.” – Carl F.H. Henry
36. “Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.” – Psalm 119: 165
37. “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
38. “A great many people are trying to make peace, but that has already been done. God has not left it for us to do; all we have to do – is to enter into it.” – Katherine Walden
Don’t forget to also read these grace quotes and sayings to feed your soul.
Religiousquotes on worry and anxiety
39. “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7 (For more on this topic, see these anxiety quotes)
40. “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” – Matthew 6:34
41. “Then Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.” – Luke 12:22
42. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” – Proverbs 3:5
43. “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” – Psalm 23:4
44. “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” – Psalm 56:3
45. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
46. “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” – Psalm 94:19
47. “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” – Jeremiah 17: 7-8
48. “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.” – Psalm 55:22
49. “Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’ So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?’” – Hebrews 13: 5-6
50. “Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.” – Proverbs 12:25
Also check out these heaven quotes and sayings that inspire kindness.
Which of these religious quotes brought you peace?
Inner peace does not make sense to those that have not experienced it before. Where society tells us that we need things, money, people, and the right circumstances to have peace in our lives, inner peace shows us that isn’t true.
You can learn to have peace regardless of what’s going on around you. And this is what will help make all the difference in your life. It’s not always easy to find inner peace though. Keeping religious quotes and verses in a place where you can see them often is a good way to help you find and keep that level of peace even when you are going through trying times.
How did these religious quotes make you feel? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 30, 2019 5:34 AM EST