LDS quotes to teach you more about the Latter Day Saint denomination.
LDS stands for Latter-day Saints, and the full name of the denomination is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The church was founded by Joseph Smith in 1830 in Fayette, New York, and is also known by the names Mormon Church and Church of Jesus Christ.
LDS is currently led by Russell M. Nelson and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The denomination has congregations and temples worldwide and has over 16.8 million church members.
LDS is the fourth-largest Christian denomination in the United States.
The denomination believes that it is the restoration of the original church that was founded by Jesus Christ and is a nontrinitarian Christian church.
To learn more about this denomination, read these LDS quotes.
You will also enjoy our article on Book of Mormon quotes.
LDS Quotes From LDS Scripture
Take a look at some quotes from the LDS scripture.
1. “Worship God, for him only shalt thou serve.” — Moses 1:15
2. “The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.” — Proverbs 15:29
3. “But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” — Joshua 24:15
4. “Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.” — Eph. 6:1
5. “Thy days shall be spent in the service of thy God.” — 2 Nephi 2:3
6. “Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall give thee answer to thy prayers.” — D&C 112:10
7. “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” — 1 Thes. 5:18
8. “Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.” — James 4:3
9. “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” — Prov. 22:6
10. “And if he confess his sins before thee and me, and repenteth in the sincerity of his heart, him shall ye forgive.” — Mosiah 26:29
Check out our collection of President Nelson quotes if you enjoy this article.
Uplifting LDS Quotes
Take a look at some uplifting LDS quotes.
11. “We did not come to this earth to gain our worth – we brought it with us.” — Ardeth G Kapp
12. “The Holy Ghost warns, the Holy Ghost comforts, and the Holy Ghost testifies.” — Gary E. Stevenson
13. “Because of [Him], we will live forever.” — Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
14. “Even if “everyone is doing it”, wrong is never right.” — Russell M Nelson
15. “Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith.” — President Gordon B. Hinckley
16. “As you draw nearer to the Lord, He will guide you to become the best version of yourself.” — M. Russell Ballard
17. “Work hard to achieve your dreams. Don’t let discouragement or mistakes delay you.” — Sister Elaine S. Dalton
18. “Sometimes we can learn, study, and know, and sometimes we have to believe, trust, and hope.” — M. Russell Ballard
19. “Being righteous doesn’t mean being perfect or never making mistakes. It means developing an inner connection with God, repenting of our sins and mistakes, and freely helping others.” — Sharon Eubank
20. “As you obey, the impressions from the Spirit will come more frequently, becoming closer and closer to constant companionship.” — Henry B. Eyring
LDS Quotes about Marriage
These quotes share thoughts and perspectives on marriage from those in the LDS community.
21. “The secret of a happy marriage is to serve God and each other.” — Ezra Taft Benson
22. “The crowning characteristic of love is always loyalty.” — Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
23. “Love, however, is not an investment; it is an adventure.” — Gordon B. Hinckley
24. “Men, take care not to make women weep, for God counts their tears.” — Thomas S. Monson
25. “Marriage is a gift from God to us; the quality of our marriages is a gift from us to Him.” — L. Whitney Clayton
26. “So how do we nourish relationships? The same way we nourish faith and character—with great diligence and patience!” — Michelle Craig
27. “Happiness in marriage and parenthood can exceed a thousand times any other happiness.” — James E. Faust
28. “Marriage should not be treated as a contract entered by pleasure from both partners that can be easily broken if it “doesn’t work out” without even regarding the children. Children need families with a mother and a father with a strong conviction to the gospel.” — Elder Dallin H. Oaks
29. “You should express regularly to your wife and children your reverence and respect for her. Indeed, one of the greatest things a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” — Howard W. Hunter
30. “Soul mates’ are fiction and an illusion; and while every young man and young woman will seek with all diligence and prayerfulness to find a mate with whom life can be most compatible and beautiful, yet it is certain that almost any good man and any good woman can have happiness and a successful marriage if both are willing to pay the price.” — Spencer W. Kimball
LDS Quotes About Facing Trials
These quotes may bring comfort to latter-day saints who are struggling through trials.
31. “I too believe that God will always make a way where there is no way.” — Gordon B. Hinckley
32. “Instead of explaining our suffering, God shares it.” — Nicholas Wolterstroff
33. “Sometimes the Lord calms the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms the child.” — John H. Groberg
34. “If you are discouraged, please know you can find hope. If you are poor in spirit, please know you can be strengthened.” — Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
35. “The Lord will shape the back to bear the burdens placed upon it.” — Thomas S. Monson
36. “No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility.” — Orson F. Whitney
37. “Suffering can take us one of two ways. It can be a strengthening and purifying experience combined with faith, or it can be a destructive force in our lives if we do not have the faith in the Lord’s atoning sacrifice.” — Elder Robert D. Hales
38. “We may assume that because we have fallen before, falling is a part of our identity. Like one famous author said, ‘And so we beat on, boats against the current, born back ceaselessly into the past.’” — Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf
39. “The key is to remember that faith and obedience are still the answers – even when things go wrong, perhaps especially when things go wrong.” — David E. Sorenson
40. “When life is hard, remember – we are not the first to ask, ‘Is there no other way?” — Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
General Conference LDS Quotes
These quotes are from the LDS general conferences of the past.
41. “Understand that it’s not your job to convert people. That is the role of the Holy Ghost.” — Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf
42. “From the dawning of time, women have been blessed with a unique moral compass—the ability to distinguish right from wrong.” — Russell M. Nelson
43. “Trust God to lead you, even if that way looks different than you expected or is different from others.” — Michelle Craig
44. “I haven’t met anyone who found the gospel later in life who didn’t wish it could have been earlier.” — Elder D. Todd Christofferson
45. “Living that second great commandment is the key to becoming a true disciple of Jesus Christ.” — Russell M. Nelson
46. “We must never persecute those who do not share our beliefs and commitments.” — Elder Dallin H. Oaks
47. “Talking with others about your faith will become normal and natural. In fact, the gospel will be such an essential, precious part of your lives that it would feel unnatural not to talk about it with others.” — Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf
48. “Because none of us is perfect and feelings are easily hurt, families can become sacred sanctuaries only as we repent early and sincerely.” — Elder Henry B. Eyring
49. “We must try to keep both of the great commandments. To do so, we walk a fine line between law and love—keeping the commandments and walking the covenant path while loving our neighbors along the way.” — Elder Dallin H. Oaks
50. “You are not perfect; falling is part of the qualifying process that allows you to refine your character and serve in a more compassionate way.” — Elder Gary E. Stevenson
How Did LDS Grow Their Membership?
LDS is known for its missionaries who preach their gospel through a person-to-person message as well as performing humanitarian services.
In the denomination, both men and women can be missionaries, and LDS has over 54,000 full-time missionaries!
Please share these LDS quotes with your friends and post any comments about LDS in the comment section below.