Jiraiya Quotes From the Naruto Universe
May 24, 2023 1:12 AM EST
These Jiraiya quotes will help you understand why despite earning some terrible nicknames and often being offensive, the character is still worth learning about.
As you will see, Jiraiya is a strong supporting character in the Naruto universe.
Tell us your favorite quote in the comment section below.
You will also enjoy our articles on:
What are the benefits of reading these Jiraiya quotes?
Jiraiya is a strong supporting character in the Naruto universe.
He is one of the Legendary Sannin, one of three mighty and skilled ninjas from the Hidden Leaf Village.
Jiraiya is known for his immense strength and unique abilities, including the ability to use Sage Mode.
Some people find Jiraiya bristly and occasionally offensive.
He is known for being prickly and harsh, and he earned some unique nicknames, including:
- The Pervy Sage
- The Perverted Hermit
- The Super-pervert
These nicknames are due to Jiraiya’s often perverted sense of humor.
But despite this, Jiraiya is known to be someone who deeply cares for his friends and loved ones.
He is quirky yet wise, and this makes Jiraiya endearing to those that know him.
Throughout the series, Jiraiya is an important mentor and teacher to Naruto Uzumaki.
He taught Naruto many jutsu that eventually became some of his signature moves.
But even more so, Jiraiya taught Naruto how to maintain hope for the Ninja world and helped him develop his personal philosophy.
In many ways, Jiraiya was a father figure to Naruto, teaching him not only practical lessons but moral lessons as well.
While Jiriaya was far from a perfect role model, he was one of the most influential people in shaping Naruto’s life and preparing him for the best possible path.
Jiraiya quotes on pain and hate
His wisdom shows through in these Jiraya quotes on pain and hate.
1. “Pain allows people to grow… and how you grow is up to you.” — Jiraiya
2. “Knowing what it feels to be in pain, is exactly why we try to be kind to others.” — Jiraiya
3. “Even I can tell that hatred is spreading. I wanted to do something about it… but I don’t know what.” — Jiraiya
4. “Instead of using your powers to bring pain, I wanted you to use it to change the world into something better.” — Jiraiya
5. “When people get hurt, they learn to hate… When people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt. But knowing that pain allows people to be kind.” — Jiraiya
Jiraiya quotes on rejection and dying
Jiraiya quotes on rejection and dying exemplify his off-beat and quirky sense of humor.
6. “Die! Just die! You have no talent at all!” — Jiraiya
7. “Any man that doesn’t learn to laugh at rejection, is worthless as a man.” — Jiraiya
8. “You should bet that I’m going to die. Knowing your luck, you’ll definitely lose.” — Jiraiya
9. “If you can’t accept and move past rejection, or at least use it as writing material – you’re not a real man.” — Jiraiya
10. “Getting dumped always makes a man stronger. But then again, men aren’t meant to pursue happiness.” — Jiraiya
Best Jiraiya quotes
Here are some of the best Jiraiya quotes!
11. “Training a genius is no fun.” — Jiraiya
12. “Because it’s no fun to train a genius!” — Jiraiya
13. “Give up on trying to make me give up.” — Jiraiya
14. “I’d wager, we even learned things we shouldn’t know.” — Jiraiya
15. “Wherever someone thinks of you, that’s where home is.” — Jiraiya
Inspirational Jiraiya quotes
Get a positive outlook and some motivation from these inspirational Jiraya quotes!
16. “All you do need is the guts to never give up.” — Jiraiya
17. “Never go back on your word… and never give up. That’s your ninja way.” — Jiraiya
18. “I believe that the day will come when people can truly understand each other.” — Jiraiya
19. “The most important thing for a shinobi is the spirit and the will to never give up.” — Jiraiya
20. “Every shinobi is on a quest for self-improvement, and through perseverance, victory becomes the goal.” — Jiraiya
Jiraiya quotes on love
Enjoy these profound Jiraiya quotes on love!
21. “Love is not to be taken lightly, it is something that should be nurtured and cherished.” — Jiraiya
22. “The best way to make someone happy is to make them feel loved. Love is the most powerful force in the world.” — Jiraiya
23. “Love is not just a feeling. It’s a responsibility. When you love someone, you take on a part of their life and share it with them.” — Jiraiya
24. “There is no greater power than the power of love. Love has the ability to heal even the deepest wounds and bring people together.” — Jiraiya
25. “Sometimes, the greatest battles are fought within our own hearts. It takes a strong person to overcome their own fears and doubts.” — Jiraiya
The natural world makes us powerful like Jiraiya
As stated earlier, Jiraiya is one of the few characters in the series who can use Sage Mode.
Sage Mode is a powerful technique that allows him to draw on the natural energy of the environment to enhance his abilities.
This is a special quality of Jiraiya in the Naruto universe, but in the real world, we all have the ability to draw power from the natural world.
Sunlight, water, a cool breeze on a hot day, all of these things power us physically but also nurture our souls when we stop to appreciate them.
Forest bathing, for example, is an emerging practice of surrounding oneself with nature to experience its healing properties- physical, mental, and emotional.
Next time you’re feeling down or have particularly low energy, take a moment to go outside and be present with nature.
Draw in her energy and thank the universe for invigorating you and enhancing your abilities in every aspect of your life.
Tell us your favorite quote in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed reading these Jiraiya quotes, click the Share button to share them with others!