These ungrateful quotes will help you be more grateful and have a better outlook on life.
Let the words below inspire you to reflect and be grateful for the things you have.
In context, giving without expecting anything in return is a noble way of life and should be strived by anybody for the greater good.
However, living without expectation from others and being ungrateful is a lot different.
Ingratitude is toxic behavior that sucks the life out of everyone around.
Ungrateful people will never express appreciation no matter how big of a help you’ve been.
Ungratefulness is a manifestation of ego.
It is a proclamation of power over others, denying people their basic human need for simple appreciation.
These ungrateful quotes will give you a different perspective on life.
Don’t forget to also check out these gratitude quotes celebrating life, love & friends.
Ungrateful people quotes for reflection
1. “The wicked are always ungrateful.” – Miguel de Cervantes
2. “The greatest kindness will not bind the ungrateful.” – Aesop
3. “In every class of society, gratitude is the rarest of all human virtues.” ― Wilkie Collins
4. “I have too many flaws to be perfect. But I have too many blessings to be ungrateful.” – Zig Ziglar
5. “A grateful dog is better than an ungrateful man.” ― Saadi
6. “He that’s ungrateful has no guilt but one; All other crimes may pass for virtues in him.” – Edward Young
7. “He that calls a man ungrateful sums up all the veil that a man can be guilty of.” – Jonathan Swift
8. “But feelings can’t be ignored, no matter how unjust or ungrateful they seem.” – Anne Frank
9. “One ungrateful person does an injury to all needy people.” – Publilius Syrus
10. “A complaining tongue reveals an ungrateful heart.” – William Arthur Ward
Ungrateful quotes about relationship
11. “What you do for an ungrateful man is thrown away.” ― Seneca The Younger
12. “You cannot, at the very same time, be grateful and unhappy, or ungrateful and happy.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
13. “When we become negative and ungrateful, it is important to remember… We have met the enemy; and he is us.” ― Walt Kelly
Ungrateful quotes and regrets
14. “But the forgetful person can never become grateful, the benefit received is totally lost to him.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
15. “Ungrateful are they who wish their life away. Ungrateful are they who turn their backs on others.” –Karalayne Maglinte
16. “An ungrateful attitude is something most of us are unaware that we have, but everyone else sees.” –Dr. Louis Ngomo Okitembo
17. “Every greed is the root of ungratefulness.” – Laila Gifty Akita
18. “If you’ve got a billion dollars and you’re ungrateful, you’re a poor man. If you have very little but you’re grateful for what you have, you’re truly rich.” – Tony Robbins
19. “How sharper than a serpent’s tooth it is to have a thankless child!” – William Shakespeare
20. “Most people return small favors, acknowledge medium ones and replay greater ones – with ingratitude” – Benjamin Franklin
21. “Friendship is the medicine for all misfortune; but ingratitude dries up the fountain of all goodness.” –Cardinal Richelieu
Ungrateful friends quotes to remember
22. “He that forgets his friend is ungrateful to him; but he that forgets his Savior is unmerciful to himself.” – John Bunyan
23. “Never let ungrateful remarks prevent you from doing what you feel is right and good. Let God be your judge.” – Terry Mark
24. “Ungrateful people breed negativity. No one gets any pleasure from giving to an ungrateful person. When you show appreciation, the object of your attention blossoms and flourishes.” – Paul McCabe
25. “Some natures are so sour and ungrateful that they are never to be obliged.” – Roger L’Estrange
26. “The saddest of all hearts is one without gratitude.” – Tom Krause
27. “Sadness is so ungrateful.” – Han Suyin
28. “Flints may be melted— we see it daily— but an ungrateful heart cannot be; not by the strongest and noblest flame.” – South
29. “A man’s indebtedness is not his virtue, his repayment is. Virtue begins when he dedicates himself actively to the job of gratitude.” – Ruth Benedict
30. “Unhappiness is a contagious disease caused by a chronic deficiency of gratitude.” – Mokokoma Mokhonaoana
31. “Ungratefulness is worse than cancer; it eats away at your soul; blinding your heart and eyes to the beauty and miracles that are all around us each day in our lives.” – Geraldine Vermaak
Ungrateful quotes and unappreciative sayings to keep close to your heart
32. “Never be ungrateful.” ― Lil Peep
33. “Hell is full of the ungrateful.” ― Spanish Proverb
34. “Ingratitude is the essence of vileness.” ― Immanuel Kant
35. “You can be anything in this world, just don’t be ungrateful.” – Proverb
36. “Ungrateful people forget what they are not grateful for.” ― Ana Monnar
37. “Earth produces nothing worse than an ungrateful man.” ― Decimius Magnus Ausonius
38. “We do not quite forgive a giver. The hand that feeds us is in some danger of being bitten.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
39. “There is no such thing as gratitude unexpressed. If it is unexpressed, it is plain, old-fashioned ingratitude. – Robert Breault
Ungrateful quotes to contemplate on
40. “Ingratitude is always a kind of weakness. I have never known men of ability to be ungrateful.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
41. “Making the ungrateful grateful will bring tears to your eyes, tears of blood bleeding from the heart.” ― Ana Monnar
42. “We ought to be thankful not only for what we have but also for what we do not have.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
43. “People don’t notice the things we do for them until we stop doing them.” ― Mike Skinner
44. “The more I understand the mind and the human experience, the more I begin to suspect there is no such thing as unhappiness; there is only ungratefulness.” ― Steve Maraboli
45. “God protect me from the lazy, selfish and ungrateful.” ― Habeeb Akande
46. “Never ever seek for gratefulness from mankind, you shall always see ungratefulness. Do what you must do as a solemn duty and that is what you have to do!” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
47. “Sometimes our wants or needs have nothing to do with being ungrateful and everything to do with making a mistake.” ― Shannon L. Alder
48. “It’s normal for us to become unhappy for a while due to how circumstances in life treat us, but it is ungodly for us to be ungrateful for these circumstances that make us unhappy!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
49. “A grateful person is rich in contentment. An ungrateful person suffers in the poverty of endless discontentment.” – David A. Bednar
Ungrateful quotes to help you become more thankful
50. “Do not be angry with an ungrateful person; probably they are confused or inexperienced.” ― Chico Xavier
51. “No self-centered person, no ungrateful soul can ever be happy, much less make anyone else happy. Life is giving, not getting.” ― Joseph Fort Newton
52. “It is impossible to bring more abundance into your life if you are feeling ungrateful about what you already have. Why? Because the thoughts and feelings you emit as you feel ungrateful are negative emotions and they will attract more of those feelings and events into your life.” ― Vishen Lakhiani
53. “You’ll never meet a happy ungrateful person, or an unhappy grateful person because gratitude and happiness go together. ” ― Zig Ziglar
54. “All happy people are grateful. Ungrateful people cannot be happy. We tend to think that being unhappy leads people to complain, but it’s truer to say that complaining leads to people becoming unhappy.” ― Dennis Prager
55. “When you meet an ungrateful person, be great. The moment you become great, you will become fulfilled. There is no other secret. Nothing else will give you fulfillment.”
― Harbhajan Singh Yogi
56. “I’ve been very blessed in my personal life and in my career and I have never been ungrateful for what I have.” ― Mandy Patinkin
57. “It is another’s fault if he be ungrateful, but it is mine if I do not give. To find one thankful man, I will oblige a great many that are not so.” ― Seneca the Younger
58. “As you get older and wiser you realize that when people are given anything without having to earn it (unless they are physically or mentally utterly incapable of earning anything), they become ungrateful and lazy. They also become less happy.” ― Dennis Prager
59. “To be ungrateful is to be unnatural. The head may be thus guilty, not the heart.” ― Antoine Rivarol
60. “Ungrateful person and complainer will not be blessed.” – Unknown
61. “If you help the same person too many times. They’ll start believing that you are obliged to help them and become ungrateful.” – Unknown
62. “Not everyone will appreciate what you do for them. You have to figure out who’s worth your kindness and who’s just taking advantage.” – Unknown
63. “The worst person to be around is someone who complains about everything and appreciates nothing.” – Unknown
64. “People don’t remember the million times you’ve helped them, only the one time you don’t.” – Unknown
65. “Why are you doing the most for people who are doing the least for you?” – Unknown
66. “If you don’t start appreciating what’s right in front of you, you might lose it.” – Unknown
67. “Ungrateful people complain about the one thing you haven’t done for them instead of being thankful for the thousands of things you have done for them. Don’t invest your time into people who think it’s your obligation to cure their ills.” – Unknown
68. “Sometimes, people don’t notice the things we do for them, until we stop doing it.” – Unknown
69. “Never help an ungrateful person get on the feet. It’s like telling a wolf that you’re a sheep.” – Unknown
70. “I hate ungrateful people. You can try your best to make someone happy and it still ain’t enough.” –Unknown
Ungrateful Quotes For Thought
71. “A favor is to a grateful man delightful always; to an ungrateful man only once.” ― Seneca the Younger
72. “There’s nothing you can say that won’t make you seem ungrateful or rude.” ― Steven Petrow
73. “You are sad in the midst of every blessing. Take care that Fortune does not observe–or she will call you ungrateful.” ― Martial
74. “Would it be possible to find a more ungrateful boy, or one with less heart than I have!” ― Carlo Collodi
75. “How many times has He delivered me! Yet, alas! How distrustful and ungrateful is my heart even until the present!” ― John Newton
76. “People think that I’m really untouchable, and that’s also translated into a lot of people thinking that I’m super-ungrateful.” ― Kristen Stewart
77. “I am all right when I work. I am not superficial and I am not ungrateful.” ― Brigitte Bardot
78. “My muse is an ungrateful harlot who’s abandoned me to actually come up with my own plots.” ― Richelle Mead
79. “Republics, like individuals, who are benefited by personal sacrifices, are proverbially ungrateful.” ― Epes Sargent
80. “Sometimes the situation is only a problem because it is looked at in a certain subjective, negative, ungrateful way.” ― Edward de Bono
What did you learn from these ungrateful quotes?
Being aware of people’s efforts towards us can be hard to see.
We may be preoccupied with our busy lives and modern demands, but it is essential not to be blinded by these temporary things.
Being grateful and feeling appreciated is a vital component of our humanity.
We humans share and give genuine affection towards each other to survive and let others know our intention and care for them even in the smallest gesture.
When we become ungrateful, we are throwing away part of ourselves.
We are simply becoming further from who we are and what makes us humans.
Being ungrateful breeds greed and fills our minds with selfish thoughts.
Challenge yourself to be grateful every day and live life happily as you shine a light on others.
Hopefully, these ungrateful quotes and sayings will remind us to be grateful at all times.
August 18, 2022 5:00 AM EST