These ungrateful quotes will help you be more grateful and have a better outlook on life.
Let the words below inspire you to reflect and be grateful for the things you have. In context, giving without expecting anything in return is a noble way of life and should be strived by anybody for the greater good.
However, living without expectation from others and being ungrateful is a lot different. Ingratitude is toxic behavior that sucks the life out of everyone around. Ungrateful people will never express appreciation no matter how big of a help you’ve been.
Ungratefulness is a manifestation of ego. It is a proclamation of power over others, denying people their basic human need for simple appreciation. These ungrateful quotes will give you a different perspective on life.
Don’t forget to also check out these gratitude quotes celebrating life, love & friends.
Ungrateful people quotes for reflection
1. “Ungrateful people breed negativity. No one gets any pleasure from giving to an ungrateful person. When you show appreciation, the object of your attention blossoms and flourishes.” – Paul McCabe
2. “He that forgets his friend is ungrateful to him; but he that forgets his Savior is unmerciful to himself.” – John Bunyan
3. “Ingratitude is always a kind of weakness. I have never known men of ability to be ungrateful.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
4. “Ungratefulness is worse than cancer; it eats away at your soul; blinding your heart and eyes to the beauty and miracles that are all around us each day in our lives.” – Geraldine Vermaak
5. “He that’s ungrateful has no guilt but one; All other crimes may pass for virtues in him.” – Edward Young
6. “He that calls a man ungrateful sums up all the veil that a man can be guilty of.” – Jonathan Swift
7. “But feelings can’t be ignored, no matter how unjust or ungrateful they seem.” – Anne Frank
8.. “A grateful person is rich in contentment. An ungrateful person suffers in the poverty of endless discontentment.” – David A. Bednar
9. “One ungrateful person does an injury to all needy people.” – Publilius Syrus
10. “A complaining tongue reveals an ungrateful heart.” – William Arthur Ward
Ungrateful quotes about relationship
11. “People don’t remember the million times you’ve helped them, only the one time you don’t.” – Unknown
12. “Why are you doing the most for people who are doing the least for you?” – Unknown
13. “If you don’t start appreciating what’s right in front of you, you might lose it.” – Unknown
14. “What you do for an ungrateful man is thrown away.” ― Seneca The Younger
15. “Ungrateful people complain about the one thing you haven’t done for them instead of being thankful for the thousands of things you have done for them. Don’t invest your time into people who think it’s your obligation to cure their ills.” – Unknown
16. “Sometimes, people don’t notice the things we do for them, until we stop doing it.” – Unknown
17. “Never help an ungrateful person get on the feet. It’s like telling a wolf that you’re a sheep.” – Unknown
18. “I hate ungrateful people. You can try your best to make someone happy and it still ain’t enough.” –Unknown
19. “You cannot, at the very same time, be grateful and unhappy, or ungrateful and happy.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
20. “When we become negative and ungrateful, it is important to remember… We have met the enemy; and he is us.” ― Walt Kelly
Ungrateful quotes and regrets
21. “If you help the same person too many times. They’ll start believing that you are obliged to help them and become ungrateful.” – Unknown
22. “But the forgetful person can never become grateful, the benefit received is totally lost to him.” –Lucius Annaeus Seneca
23. “Not everyone will appreciate what you do for them. You have to figure out who’s worth your kindness and who’s just taking advantage.” – Unknown
24. “Ungrateful are they who wish their life away. Ungrateful are they who turn their backs on others.” –Karalayne Maglinte
25. “An ungrateful attitude is something most of us are unaware that we have, but everyone else sees.” –Dr. Louis Ngomo Okitembo
26. “Every greed is the root of ungratefulness.” – Laila Gifty Akita
27. “If you’ve got a billion dollars and you’re ungrateful, you’re a poor man. If you have very little but you’re grateful for what you have, you’re truly rich.” – Tony Robbins
28. “How sharper than a serpent’s tooth it is to have a thankless child!” – William Shakespeare
29. “Most people return small favors, acknowledge medium ones and replay greater ones – with ingratitude” – Benjamin Franklin
30. “Friendship is the medicine for all misfortune; but ingratitude dries up the fountain of all goodness.” –Cardinal Richelieu
Ungrateful friends quotes to remember
31. “The greatest kindness will not bind the ungrateful.” – Aesop
32. “Never let ungrateful remarks prevent you from doing what you feel is right and good. Let God be your judge.” – Terry Mark
33. “The wicked are always ungrateful.” – Miguel de Cervantes
34. “Some natures are so sour and ungrateful that they are never to be obliged.” – Roger L’Estrange
35. “The saddest of all hearts is one without gratitude.” – Tom Krause
36. “Sadness is so ungrateful.” – Han Suyin
37. “Flints may be melted— we see it daily— but an ungrateful heart cannot be; not by the strongest and noblest flame.” – South
38. “A man’s indebtedness is not his virtue, his repayment is. Virtue begins when he dedicates himself actively to the job of gratitude.” – Ruth Benedict
39. “Unhappiness is a contagious disease caused by a chronic deficiency of gratitude.” – Mokokoma Mokhonaoana
40. “I have too many flaws to be perfect. But I have too many blessings to be ungrateful.” – Zig Ziglar
Ungrateful quotes and unappreciative sayings to keep close to your heart
41. “Never be ungrateful.” ― Lil Peep
42. “Hell is full of the ungrateful.” ― Spanish Proverb
43. “Ungrateful person and complainer will not be blessed.” – Unknown
44. “Ingratitude is the essence of vileness.” ― Immanuel Kant
45. “You can be anything in this world, just don’t be ungrateful.” – Proverb
46. “Ungrateful people forget what they are not grateful for.” ― Ana Monnar
47. “Earth produces nothing worse than an ungrateful man.” ― Decimius Magnus Ausonius
48. “The worst person to be around is someone who complains about everything and appreciates nothing.” – Unknown
49. “We do not quite forgive a giver. The hand that feeds us is in some danger of being bitten.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
50. “There is no such thing as gratitude unexpressed. If it is unexpressed, it is plain, old-fashioned ingratitude. – Robert Breault
What did you learn from these ungrateful quotes?
Being aware of people’s efforts towards us can be hard to see. We may be preoccupied with our busy lives and modern demands, but it is essential not to be blinded by these temporary things.
Being grateful and feeling appreciated is a vital component of our humanity. We humans share and give genuine affection towards each other to survive and let others know our intention and care for them even in the smallest gesture.
When we become ungrateful, we are throwing away part of ourselves. We are simply becoming further from who we are and what makes us humans. Being ungrateful breeds greed and fills our minds with selfish thoughts.
Challenge yourself to be grateful every day and live life happily as you shine a light on others. Hopefully, these ungrateful quotes and sayings will remind us to be grateful at all times.
July 22, 2021 7:00 AM EST