Take a moment to enjoy our people talking behind your back quotes.
Even the nicest people in the world eventually have somebody talk about them behind their backs.
What do you say to someone who talks behind your back?
It is important to remember that you cannot control the thoughts and actions of other people.
If you sit around focusing on what other people say about you, you can drive yourself crazy.
Here are some tips to help deal with people negatively talking about you behind your back:
- Consider the source.
- Speak directly to the person and clarify what was said.
- Move on and focus on positive aspects and constructive goals.
On top of bringing yourself unnecessary stress, you cannot do anything to change what was said, so what is the value of staying in a low state?
Anger, frustration, or disappointment are natural responses to learning that someone has talked about you behind your back.
However, after those initial feelings, moving on and thinking about positive things in your life is essential.
Learning to stay mindful of our emotions and remember that how we respond to events is more important than what was said can save us a lot of time and grief.
If you hear a rumor, consider the source
Considering the source of information is critical to how you respond.
Did you receive this information from someone you consider reliable? Does the person who told you often gossip?
If the answer to those questions is yes, you should think critically about giving your energy to what was shared with you.
They may be telling you something they misheard, fabricated, or misunderstood.
If you are going to give up your valuable time to consider gossip, you might as well make sure it’s authentic gossip and not made-up stories.
Check out our fantastic selection of people talking behind your back quotes.
Short, people talking behind your back quotes about gossip
It is almost impossible to get through life without experiencing someone talking behind your back. It is important to remember that we cannot control the words and actions of others. If we remind ourselves that gossip is inevitable, we can learn not to take it personally.
1. “No one gossips about other people’s secret virtues.” — Bertrand Russell, On Education
2. “Rumor travels faster, but it don’t stay put as long as truth.” — Will Rogers
3. “Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.” — Joseph Conrad
4. “If people talk behind your back, it’s because you’re ahead of them.” — Zayn Malik
5. “A true friend will tell you the truth to your face, not behind your back.” — Sasha Azevedo
6. “Sometimes it’s not the people who change; it’s the mask that falls off.” — Haruki Murakami
7. “I don’t care what people talk behind my back until they speak the truth.” — Abraham Lincoln
8. “I don’t regret my past. I just regret the time I’ve wasted on the wrong people.” — Wiz Khalifa
9. “The world doesn’t change in front of your eyes. It changes behind your back.” — Terry Hayes
10. “I never gossip. I observe. And then relay my observations to practically everyone.” — Gail Carriger
Famous people talking behind your back quotes for when someone talks bad about you
We cannot stop people from judging us, but we can walk with integrity.
11. “The snake will always bite back.” — Jake Roberts
12. “People only throw shade on what’s shining.” — Genereux Philip
13. “Some friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless.” — Anonymous
14. “Make sure the lions you roll with aren’t snakes in disguise.” — Genereux Philip
15. “Not all that glitters is gold when it comes to family members.” — Samuel Zulu
16. “If you’re gonna be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty.” — Marilyn Monroe
17. “Fake family members are more dangerous than standing armies.” — Samuel Zulu
18. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” — Bette Midler
19. “It’s so sad that some people can lie to your face as if you are not blood-related.” — Samuel Zulu
20. “Sometimes the person you would take a bullet for ends up being behind the gun.” — Tupac
People talking behind your back quotes about family, love and betrayal
It is one thing if people we know talk behind our backs, but it can feel even more hurtful when a family member talks behind our backs.
21. “Learn to use the criticism as fuel, and you will never run out of energy.” — Orrin Woodward
22. “Nobody wants to know how you feel, yet, they want you to do what they feel.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
23. “You don’t turn your back on family, even when they turn their back on you.” — Mario Tomasello
24. “You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage.” — Chinonye J. Chudolue
25. “People love gossip. It’s the biggest thing that keeps the entertainment industry going.” — Ellen DeGeneres
26. “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” — Socrates
27. “Don’t tell me what was said about me. Tell me why they were so comfortable to say it to you.” — Jay Z
28. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.” — Chris Jammi
29. “Avoid him who talks sweetly before you but tries to ruin you behind your back, for he is like a pitcher of poison with milk on top.” — Chanakya
30. “Word spreads because word will spread. Stories and secrets fight, stories win, shed new secrets, which new stories fight, and on.” — China Miéville, Embassytown
People talking behind your back quotes for the workplace
Authenticity is always appreciated, so when people smile in your face and talk negatively behind your back, it can feel like a betrayal.
31. “Knowledge planted in truth grows in truth. Strength born of peace loses nothing to hate.” — Aberjhani
32. “If you don’t follow a good nutritional plan, you’re bodybuilding with one arm behind your back.” — Shawn Ray
33. “It’s like abusing a kid that’s been shit on his whole life. I’m not going to add to those bruises.” — Krista Ritchie
34. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
35. “Remember, if people talk about you behind your back, it only means you are two steps ahead of them.” — Fannie Flagg
36. “Time passes, and you begin to see people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” — Scarlet Koop
37. “It goes without saying that your friends are usually the first to discuss your personal business behind your back.” —Terry McMillan
38. “If it comes, let it come. If it goes, it’s ok. Let it go. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on.” ― Germany Kent
39. “People like to talk more than they act. They like to sit there and complain and vent. Somehow they think that changes things when it doesn’t.” — James Patterson
40. “Cautiously avoid speaking of the domestic affairs either of yourself or of other people. Yours are nothing to them, but tedious gossip; and theirs are nothing to you.” — Lord Chesterfield
People talking behind your back quotes for Instagram
These quotes are short and sweet, but they pack a punch and are the perfect captions for anyone trying to express what it feels like to have somebody talk behind your back.
41. “Ask me, don’t ask about me.” — Anonymous
42. “Everyone is getting talked behind.” — Anonymous
43. “Everyone talks behind, but no one admits.” — Anonymous
44. “Who gossips to you will gossip about you.” — Anonymous
45. “Talking behind is not cowardy, but is foolish.” — Anonymous
46. “Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you.” — Anonymous
47. “Before you judge me, make sure you are perfect.” — Anonymous
48. “We talk behind the back of the ones who are dominant.” — Anonymous
49. “If talking behind relieves you, you are tricking your ego.” — Anonymous
50. “Why talk behind’ is not the concern, ‘what made talk behind’ is.” — Anonymous
What does it say about someone who talks behind others’ backs?
People talk about other people to fill up their idle time.
People who are busy working towards a goal rarely have time to discuss the matters of others.
When we gossip, we make other people’s lives more important than our endeavors.
Aarti Khurana notes, “I appreciate people who say things to my face and not behind my back, but for all those who talk behind my back, thanks for making me the center of your world.”
We can never stop other people from talking about us behind our backs; however, we can give people positive fodder for them to discuss.
There is a saying that people only throw shade at things that are shining bright.
When we remember that even if we did everything thing perfectly and reached the maximum amount of success, we will always have detractors or people who criticize our achievements, we can get some peace of mind regarding concern for gossip.
Please, be sure to tell us your favorite people talking behind your back quotes and sayings below in the comment section.