Anxiety Quotes to Help Relax Your Mind and Ease Fears
These anxiety quotes can help during the most trying of times.
March 15, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Anxiety is difficult to discuss and even more difficult to live with.
If you’re hoping to find a way to ease your anxiousness and decompress from the thoughts stirring around your mind, these anxiety quotes will help you find some much-needed release when you feel as if you’re spinning out of control.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to figures by the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 18.1% of the population every year.
Anxiety disorders cost the U.S. more than $42 billion a year.
Anxiety is an experience that causes fear, worry, apprehension, and nervousness.
In some cases, anxiety can affect your life and interfere with your daily activities such as schooling, work, and relationships.
Anxiety is a normal experience. Everyone experiences feelings of anxiety from time to time.
In some cases, the demands of life can make experiencing anxiety more frequent.
Sometimes anxiety can be a good thing.
It can motivate you to finish your tasks, work harder for a goal and it can alert you when in dangerous situations.
Anxiety can help you recognize future threats and challenges, giving you time to prepare for them.
Although dealing with anxiety can be a tough battle, the good news is that it can be defeated.
Empowering quotes like the ones below act like mini therapy sessions.
When you read a quote and it feels good, gives you hope, or eases your worries, that quote is good for you.
One mantra that can help is, “If that happens, I’ll find a way to deal with it.”
Trusting that you’ll have the resources you need when you need them reduces worry and helps you enjoy today.
Here is our collection of inspirational, calm, and uplifting anxiety quotes, anxiety sayings, and anxiety proverbs to encourage you when facing it.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Anxiety Quotes to Help Relax Your Mind and Ease Fears
1. “Everything you have ever wanted, is sitting on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
You will also enjoy our article on chronic illness quotes.
2. “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.” – Charles Spurgeon (For more on this topic, here is a collection of depression quotes.)
You will also enjoy our article on the rock quotes.
3. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” – Steve Maraboli
You will also enjoy our article on will smith quotes.
4. “Anxiety is love’s greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic.” ― Anaïs Nin (for more Anaïs Nin quotes, read this)
You will also enjoy our article on perseverance quotes.
5. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” – Wayne W. Dyer
You will also enjoy our article on tyson fury quotes.
6. “Anxiety’s like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.”― Jodi Picoult
You will also enjoy our article on mac miller quotes.
7. There are moments when all anxiety and stated toil are becalmed in the infinite leisure and repose of nature. –Henry David Thoreau
You will also enjoy our article on water quotes.
8. What else does anxiety about the future bring you but sorrow upon sorrow? – Thomas a Kempis
You will also enjoy our article on steven furtick quotes.
9. “If you’re going through hell keep going.” – Winston Churchill
You will also enjoy our article on waiting quotes.
10. “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.”– William James
Also read these insightful quotes about insanity that will help you stay sane in the chaos that is life.
The 5-Letter Secret to a Worry-Free Life | Gaur Gopal Das
Anxiety quotes to help calm the mind
According to a study published in the Journal of Clinical Psychology, practicing mindfulness and engaging in activities like reading inspirational quotes can significantly reduce anxiety symptoms.
The research, led by Dr. Elizabeth Hoge, found that individuals who practiced mindfulness for eight weeks experienced a 58% reduction in their anxiety levels.
11. “Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it—just as we have learned to live with storms.”― Paulo Coelho
You will also enjoy our article on Charlie Brown quotes.
12. “How can a person deal with anxiety? You might try what one fellow did. He worried so much that he decided to hire someone to do his worrying for him. He found a man who agreed to be his hired worrier for a salary of $200,000 per year. After the man accepted the job, his first question to his boss was, “Where are you going to get $200,000 per year?” To which the man responded, “That’s your worry.” ― Max Lucado
You will also enjoy our article on teen quotes.
13. Anxiety is the hand maiden of creativity. – T. S. Eliot
You will also enjoy our article on anchor quotes.
14. “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.”― Steve Maraboli
You will also enjoy our article on calm quotes.
15. “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on insanity quotes.
16. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come.” – Zig Ziglar
You will also enjoy our article on breathe quotes.
17. “Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.” – Robert Tew
You will also enjoy our article on Russ quotes.
18. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
You will also enjoy our article on fear quotes.
19. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world — not even our troubles.” — Charlie Chaplin
20. “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.” — George Bernard Shaw
Anxiety quotes to help ease your fears
Researchers at the University of Oxford found that positive self-affirmations, like reading and repeating anxiety quotes, can have a measurable effect on self-esteem and well-being.
According to their study, participants who used positive self-affirmations experienced a 27% increase in self-esteem after four weeks.
21. Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety. – Plato
22. “Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.” – Sonia Ricotte
23. “If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.” – Pema Chodron
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Pema Chödrön quotes about finding peace in life.
24. “Keep walking through the storm. Your rainbow is waiting on the other side.” – Heather Stillufsen
25. “Today’s a perfect day for a whole new start. Let go of fear and free your mind. It’s time to open your heart.” – Chris Butler
26. “It’s not time to worry yet.” — Harper Lee
27. “Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” — Walter Anderson
28. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
29. “Act the way that you want to feel.” — Gretchen Rubin
30. “It’s not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.” — Hans Selye
Inspirational anxiety quotes to help free your mind
A study conducted by Dr. Barbara Fredrickson from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill revealed that exposure to positive emotions, such as those elicited by reading uplifting anxiety quotes, can help build emotional resilience.
Her research demonstrated that individuals who regularly experienced positive emotions were better equipped to handle stressful situations and recover from negative events.
31. “I know but one freedom and that is the freedom of the mind.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll love our collection of mental health quotes for happiness and success.
32. “You can’t always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” — Wayne Dyer
33. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell
34. “Our stresses, anxieties, pains, and problems arise because we do not see the world, others, or even ourselves as worthy of love.” ― Prem Prakash
35. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” ― Kahlil Gibran
36. “He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.” ― Shannon L. Alder
37. “He felt like normal. Filled with anxiety, dread, sure. But even that wasn’t unusual…” ― John Ajvide Lindqvist
38. “Living a life somewhere else in your mind is nothing more than being a prisoner where you are.” ― Shannon L. Alder
39. We acquire the strength we have overcome. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “While fear depletes power, faith gives wings for the soul’s elevation.” ― T.F. Hodge
Anxiety quotes to help you cope
41. “Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.”― Søren Kierkegaard
42. “I know what it’s like to be afraid of your own mind.” –Dr.Reid
43. “Just because I can’t explain the feelings causing my anxiety, doesn’t make them less valid.” –Lauren Elizabeth
44. “It’s sad, actually, because my anxiety keeps me from enjoying things as much as I should at this age.” – Amanda Seyfried
45. “Do what you can, with what you’ve got, where you are.” — Theodore Roosevelt
46. “No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.” — Virginia Woolf
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Virginia Woolf quotes that will help you understand life itself.
47. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
48. “Everyone must imagine his own snakes because no one else’s snakes can ever be as awful.”
― Tove Jansson
49. Fear is static that prevents me from hearing myself. ~Samuel Butler
50. “We live only a few conscious decades, and we fret ourselves enough for several lifetimes.” ― Christopher Hitchens
Anxiety quotes to make you calm
51. “You cannot always control what goes on outside, but you can always control what goes on inside.” —Wayne Dyer
52. “Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not.”– Ana Monnar
53. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.”—William S. Burroughs
54. “It ain’t no use putting up your umbrella till it rains!”– Alice Caldwell Rice
55. “You don’t have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you.”—Dan Millman
56. “Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries.”– Astrid Alauda
57. “My anxiety doesn’t come from thinking about the future but from wanting to control it.”—Hugh Prather
58. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” —Jon Kabat-Zinn
59. “Present fears are less than horrible imaginings.”—William Shakespeare
60. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” —William James
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of stress quotes that will teach you tips to better manage yours.
Anxiety quotes to make you feel better
61. “Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
62. “Worry in the dark can make it even darker.”– Camron Wright
63. “You have a treasure within you that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.”– Eckhart Tolle
64. “There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind.”– C. S. Lewis
65. “Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.”– Marcus Aurelius
66. “Rule number one: Don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two: It’s all small stuff.”—Robert S. Eliot
67. “Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.”– Benjamin Franklin
68. “Whatever happens to you belongs to you. Make it yours. Feed it to yourself even if it feels impossible to swallow. Let it nurture you because it will.”—Cheryl Strayed
69. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.”– Roy T. Bennett
70. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”—Henry Stanley Haskins
Anxiety quotes to enlighten you
71. “It’s OKAY to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.” – Mandy Hale
72. “Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.” – Erma Bombeck
73. “You have dug your soul out of the dark, you have fought to be here; do not go back to what buried you.” – Bianca Sparacino
74. “The way you tell your story to yourself matters.” – Amy Cuddy
75. “If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times.” – Dean Smith
76. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
77. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
78. “Of all your troubles, great and small, the greatest are the ones that don’t happen at all.” – Thomas Carlyle
79. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” – Mother Teresa
80. “Stress is an ignorant state. It believes everything is an emergency.” – Natalie Goldberg
More anxiety quotes and sayings
81. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of living life in the moment quotes that will remind you to enjoy life today.
82. “Man is not worried by real problems so much as by his imagined anxieties about real problems.” – Epictetus
83. “You are the biggest enemy of your own sleep.” – Pawan Mishra
84. “Anxiety is the handmaiden of contemporary ambition.” – Alain de Botton
85. “If you want to conquer overthinking, bring your mind to the present moment and reconnect it with the immediate world.” – Amit Ray
86. “When I don’t have something to worry about, I worry. Nothing comes so naturally to a human being as anxiety and worry.” – Brian Richardson
87. “The pleasure of living and the pleasure of the orgasm are identical. Extreme orgasm anxiety forms the basis of the general fear of life.” – Wilhelm Reich
88. “Whoever has learned to be anxious in the right way has learned the ultimate.” – Søren Kierkegaard
89. “Each moment of worry, anxiety or stress represents lack of faith in miracles, for they never cease.” – T.F. Hodge
90. “Silence is a lie that screams at the light.” – Shannon L. Alder
Anxiety quotes to help ease your mind
91. “Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.” — Swedish proverb
92. “How much pain have cost us the evils which have never happened.” — Thomas Jefferson
93. “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.” — Robert Eliot
94. “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.” — Joyce Meyer
95. “Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety; after all, it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.” — Ali Ibn Abi Talib
96. “Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith.” — Henry Ward Beecher
97. “There is only one way to happiness, and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” — Epictetus
98. “When you feel overwhelmed, remember: A little at a time is how it gets done. One thing, one task, one moment at a time.” — Anonymous
99. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” — Deepak Chopra
100. “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.” — Arthur Somers Roche
Anxiety quotes to help you make it through the day
101. “Hey you, keep living. It won’t always be this overwhelming.” — Jacqueline Whitney
102. “What people in the world think of you is really none of your business.” — Martha Graham
103. “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” — Wayne Dyer
104. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
105. “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” — Steven Hayes
106. “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest taken between two deep breaths.” — Etty Hillesum
107. “Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.” — Mary Hemingway
108. “When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” — Winston Churchill
109. “Don’t worry if people think you’re crazy. You are crazy. You have that kind of intoxicating insanity that lets other people dream outside of the lines and become who they’re destined to be.” — Jennifer Elisabeth
110. “P.S. You’re not going to die. Here’s the white-hot truth: if you go bankrupt, you’ll still be okay. If you lose the gig, the lover, the house, you’ll still be okay. If you sing off-key, get beat by the competition, have your heart shattered, get fired…it’s not going to kill you. Ask anyone who’s been through it.” — Danielle LaPorte
Favorite Anxiety Quotes To Keep You Calm and Motivated
111. “Some days, doing ‘the best we can’ may still fall short of what we would like to be able to do, but life isn’t perfect—on any front—and doing what we can with what we have is the most we should expect of ourselves or anyone else.” – Fred Rogers
112. “Never fear shadows. They simply mean there’s a light shining somewhere nearby.” – Ruth E. Renkel
113. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
114. “We all have anxiety about things. We all have little insecurities, but eventually, you have to face your fears if you want to be successful, and everybody has some fear of failure.” – Nick Saban
115. Anxiety happens when you think you have to figure out everything all at once. Breathe. You’re strong. You got this. Take it day by day.” – Karen Salmansohn
116. “In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it.” – Mitch Albom
117. “Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” – Norman Vincent Peale
118. “The largest part of what we call ‘personality’ is determined by how we’ve opted to defend ourselves against anxiety and sadness.” – Alain de Botton
119. “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” – Madeleine L’Engle
120. “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.” – Christopher Reeve
Anxiety Quotes to Inspire You to Get Back on Track
121. “Smile, breathe, and go slowly.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
122. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Olin Miller
123. “If you can’t fly then run; if you can’t run then walk; if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
124. “[Slow breathing] is like an anchor in the midst of an emotional storm: The anchor won’t make the storm go away, but it will hold you steady until it passes.” – Russ Harris
125. “Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.” – Grenville Kleiser
126. “Life is 10% of what you experience and 90% of how you respond to it.” – Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
127. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I want to be.” – Lao Tzu
128. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
129. “By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliot
130. “For fast acting relief, try slowing down.” – Lily Tomlin
Thought-provoking anxiety quotes
131. “Now is the age of anxiety.” – W. H. Auden
132. “Neither comprehension nor learning can take place in an atmosphere of anxiety.” – Rose Kennedy
133. “Worrying is like walking around with an umbrella waiting for the rain.” – Unknown
134. “Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess.” – Unknown
135. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” – Kahil Gibran
136. “If it’s not going to matter in five years, don’t spend five minutes being upset about it.” – Unknown
137. “Flowers grow back even after the harshest winters. You will too.” – Jennae Cecilia
138. “There are these moments you think you won’t survive. And then you survive.” – David Levithan
139. “If it’s out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind too.” – Unknown
140. “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens.” – Mandy Hale
Anxiety Quotes and Scripture to Comfort You
141. “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
142. “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
143. “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” – John 14:1
144. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
145. “The righteous cry out and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.” – Psalm 34: 17
146. “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” – Psalm 94:19
147. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
148. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
149. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30
150. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” – John 14:27
Anxiety Quotes To Make You Meditate and Relieve Stress
151. “Where there is peace and meditation, there is neither anxiety nor doubt.” — Saint Francis de Sales
152. “Although anxiety is part of life, never let it control you.” — Paulo Coelho
153. “Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.” — Solomon
154. “Anxiety beclouds the future.” — Abraham Lincoln
155. “Nothing can be meaner than the anxiety to live on, to live on anyhow and in any shape.” — George Santayana
156. “Oh, how great peace and quietness would he possess who should cut off all vain anxiety and place all his confidence in God.” — Thomas a Kempis
157. “I’m just suggesting that when you’re faced with fear and anxiety, don’t medicate. Meditate instead.” — Russell Simmons
158. “I believe a lot of disease comes from anxiety, loneliness.” — Tom Cochrane
159. “Anxiety, it just stops your life.” — Amanda Seyfried
160. “Grief and constant anxiety kill nearly as many women as men die on the battlefield.” — Bill Vaughan
Anxiety Quotes To Avoid Getting Nervous
161. “I made things a lot harder than they needed to be out of fear and anxiety.” — Sutton Foster
162. “Freedom without security portends chaos, perpetual anxiety and fear.” — Zygmunt Bauman
163. “When I was young I was very shy and that was my personality. I was a pretty sensitive kid and quite neurotic, filled with a lot of anxiety.” — Bruce Springsteen
164. “I know content-wise I leave nothing to chance. I have no anxiety about what I’m going to do once I’m out on stage.” — Jay Mohr
165. “Status and class and social anxiety and perhaps social code are all released when you look at paintings of powerful individuals from the past.” — Kehinde Wiley
166. “The struggle for life is not only the material and economic one. Comfort is no protection from anxiety.” — Michelangelo Antonioni
167. “That’s my anxiety dream. I go to the library and all the books on my subject are out.” — Judy Blume
168. “Anxiety, depression, and suicide don’t discriminate based on how much money you have – though it might make it easier for you to get help.” — Chelsea Manning
169. “For those wondering how to deal with anxiety and depression, the first thing to consider is what you’re putting into your mouth.” — John Cleese
170. “Anxiety projection can and does occur – in myth, in music, in fiction, and in the doctor’s office too. That doesn’t make it the basis of everything.” — Robert Bringhurst
Anxiety Quotes Reason To Feeling Paranoid
171. “No good work is ever done while the heart is hot and anxious and fretted.” — Olive Schreiner
172. “The experience of separateness arouses anxiety; it is, indeed, the source of all anxiety.” — Erich Fromm
173. “Anxiety is a doorway into a self that longs for wholeness.” — Sheryl Paul
174. “Anxiety is the essential condition of intellectual and artistic creation.” — Charles Frankel
175. “Anxiety is not a sin; it is an emotion. Anxiety can, however, lead to sinful behavior.” — Max Lucado
176. “When we feel threatened, we must respond to the threat. This is the simplest and best definition of anxiety: anxiety is your response to a real or imagined threat.” — Kathleen Smith
177. “Anxiety is like sand in an oyster: a little produces a pearl, too much kills the creature.” — Evan Esar
178. “The presence of anxiety is unavoidable, but the prison of anxiety is optional.” — Max Lucado
179. “The sense of anxiety and guilt doesn’t come from having too much to do; it’s the automatic result of breaking agreements with yourself.” — Vincenzo Berghella
180. “Our anxiety serves a very important purpose, because the central goal of being a human is simple: to not die for as long as you can.” — Kathleen Smith
Anxiety Quotes To Ease Thoughts In Your Mind
181. “There are two ways to get rid of an anxiety monster, my friend—you either have a bath or a nap.” — Andrew Kaufman
182. “Concentration is a fine antidote to anxiety.” — Jack Nicklaus
183. “Anxiety is a brain game. If you don’t allow an anxious feeling to begin, you don’t need to get rid of it.” — Invajy
184. “Anxiety is not what you experience, it’s how you how you perceive and respond to the problems.” — Invajy
185. “People tend to dwell more on negative things than on good things. So the mind then becomes obsessed with negative things, with judgments, guilt and anxiety produced by thoughts about the future and so on.” — Eckhart Tolle
186. “Fear and anxiety many times indicates that we are moving in a positive direction, out of the safe confines of our comfort zone, and in the direction of our true purpose.”
― Charles F. Glassman
187.“Half of life is lost in charming others. The other half is lost in going through anxieties caused by others. Leave this play. You have played enough.” ― Rumi
188. “Everything in us presses toward decision, even toward the wrong decision, just to be free of the anxiety that precedes any big step in life.” ― May Sarton
189. “No amount of anxiety makes any difference to anything that is going to happen.” — Alan Watts
190. “The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety.” — George Muller
Which are your favorite anxiety quotes?
Anxiety is a normal experience.
With all the challenges and events that characterize life, we are all bound to experience anxiety at some point.
You’ve probably noticed that some people don’t worry as much as you do.
This leads many people to think that the other person is stronger than they are.
The truth is that the other person just thinks differently.
We’re not referring to intelligence or education. It’s not about that. It’s something much simpler and more accessible.
Almost everyone who thinks about the possibility of something bad happening and then focuses on it will begin to feel anxious.
Anxious people often construct elaborate scenarios in their minds about the problems that would happen if the bad thing occurs.
But, because we’re not actually in the situation, we can’t fix the problem.
Researchers quantify anxiety as “excessive anticipatory responding under conditions of threat uncertainty.”
In plain English, you’re trying to solve a problem before it exists.
An adjustment in the way you think can ease anxiety.
Instead of trying to solve a problem that does not yet exist, focus on the skills you will bring with you to the future.
If you perceive yourself as lacking the skills you’ll need, work on developing them so you feel more prepared for the future.
Asking yourself what you can do now helps you focus on things you can control.
Anxiety can also be beneficial.
It can bring you the motivation to accomplish your goals and it can help you identify potential threats and hardships.
Hopefully, these anxiety quotes have helped calm your mind and given you the courage to deal with your anxiety and fears.
Did you enjoy these anxiety quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
November 8, 2020 at 3:18 PM
Anxiety is your body’s natural response to stress. But sometime the overdose of restless or tension can affect your mental health. As a life coach I would recommend you to follow the following.
Take a break. …
Eat well-balanced meals.
Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
Get enough sleep
June 20, 2020 at 1:27 PM
Thank you! I enjoyed those quotes. You know, it’s a relief when you realize that anxiety is a common thing for all people, and you’re not alone with that feeling. And I’m inspired by the experience and reflections of other people.
June 27, 2019 at 12:39 AM
Leerzaam, Nuttig en bewustwording thkx
June 26, 2019 at 1:40 PM
Thank you so much for encouraging words
I liked 36 He who is not everyday conquering some fears has not known the secrete of life powerful your programme comes in my moments of need God bless and use you
May 22, 2019 at 9:21 AM
I wished knowing could make me better.
October 29, 2018 at 11:56 PM
“Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.”–