Look alive and get your laugh on with our hilarious Charlie Day quotes.
Charlie Day has left an indelible mark on comedy with his knee-slapping appearances in film and television.
If you are a fan of Charlie Day, you will love our Charlie Day quotes below!
You may also enjoy these related articles:
Who is Charlie Day?
Charlie Day is an American multi-talent.
He is an actor, writer, producer, and podcaster.
Many fans recognize him for playing Charlie Kelly on the comedy series It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Check out these cool facts about Charlie Day below:
- Day was nominated for a Critic’s Choice award for his role as Charlie Kelly.
- Day played roles in movies such as Pacific Rim and Horrible Bosses.
- Day voices Luigi in The Super Mario Bros. Movie.
Charlie Day is from New York but spent his formative years in Rhode Island.
He comes from a mix of Irish and English immigrants.
His grandmother changed their family’s last name from Del Giorno to Day to assimilate into America during World War II.
When reflecting on his childhood, he notes, “Both of my parents are actually music teachers. I think I got to a certain age where I decided I’d rather be a baseball player than a musician. Now, like most kids, I regret it.”
Who does Charlie play in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia?
In the show, Charlie plays Charlie.
In real life, his name is Charlie Day, but he plays Charlie Kelly on the show.
Charlie Kelly is one of the most hilarious characters of all time.
He manages a bar with his friends in the show, affectionately known as The Gang.
Day along with Rob McElhenney, Glenn Howerton, and Kaitlin Olsen, have pushed It’s Always Sunny into one of the longest-running comedy series on television.
Danny Devito and Charlie play best friends on the show, and their comedic hijinx are unmatched in genius and gut-busting humor.
Another aspect that makes Charlie so remarkable is that he stars on the show opposite his wife, Mary Elizabeth Ellis, who plays “The Waitress,” his love interest on the show.
Charlie and the other stars of It’s Always Sunny are unique in that they banded together to make the show because they all felt they could not land major roles on their own.
Seeing a group of people stick together to create something successful and remain united is impressive.
Developing a bond and learning to trust others is essential to our success.
Trust is essential to Charlie.
He once shared, “Never trust a man whom you know to have acted like a scoundrel to others, whatever friendliness he may profess to feel towards yourself, however plausible he may be, or however kindly he may behave; be sure that the moment he has anything to gain by so doing, he will throw you over.”
For more awesome content, check out our Charlie Day quotes below.
Short Charlie Day quotes about cats, the laws of nature, and fear
Charlie Day has become successful because he relentlessly followed his dream.
Below are some of his best quotes.
1. “Cats do not abide by the laws of nature.” — Charlie Day
2. “I always have my best thoughts on the toilet.” — Charlie Day
3. “You do not have to be fearless; just don’t let fear stop you.” — Charlie Day
4. “Sometimes even hearing a bad idea is a great way to get to a good idea.” — Charlie Day
5. “People are demanding so much of me. They really want to pigeonhole me.” — Charlie Day
Famous Charlie Day quotes about success and failure
Charlie has faced his fair share of disappointment and setbacks but never gave up on his dream.
6. “Let yourself fail and pick yourself up and fail again.” — Charlie Day
7. “Without that struggle, what is your success anyway?” — Charlie Day
8. “You cannot let a fear of failure or a fear of comparison or a fear of judgment stop you from doing what’s going to make you great.” — Charlie Day
9. “You cannot succeed without this risk of failure. You cannot have a voice without the risk of criticism, and you cannot love without the risk of loss.” — Charlie Day
10. “I don’t think you should just do what makes you happy. Do what makes you great. Do what’s uncomfortable and scary and hard but pays off in the long run.” — Charlie Day
Charlie Day quotes about being funny and the disappointments of life
The actor knows that some days you are on top and others are not.
Below are some of his best quotes about keeping the faith.
11. “I always was a funny guy, the class clown.”— Charlie Day
12. “I had a very funny dad and an extremely funny grandmother.” — Charlie Day
13. “I have expanded my mind and destroyed my liver, but I didn’t give up.” — Charlie Day
14. “Occasionally, it can be a little disappointing to see rock gods in their 60s or 70s up on stage.” — Charlie Day
15. “There are times in your life when you feel like the dumbest man on the planet, and you’re insecure about something, and then there are times where you feel like, “Hey, I’m a pretty smart guy, and I’m pulling it together.” — Charlie Day
Charlie Day quotes about growing a younger fan base
Most of Day’s work has been aimed at adult comedy, but his new ventures are family-friendly.
16. “I’m happy just to be working at all.” — Charlie Day
17. “I’m not the biggest fan of comedies where nothing is real.” — Charlie Day
18. “I do think it will be nice to have a movie that my son can watch.” — Charlie Day
19. “It doesn’t really matter to me whether the 7-year-olds are big fans of my work.” — Charlie Day
20. “Which is great as an actor; you don’t have to come up with too much of it. I’m always amazed.” — Charlie Day
Charlie Day quotes about music and the life of an underdog
As an actor and artist, Day has kept his foot on the gas when it comes to overcoming the odds.
21. “I am a Patsy Cline fan.” — Charlie Day
22. “For the people who don’t know, my character could be described, in a nutshell, as the bar dumb-dumb.” — Charlie Day
23. “I’m always in the elements, it seems like it’s pouring rain on me a lot, and there’s crowds of people pushing me around, and it feels very real.” — Charlie Day
24. “Knowing that I’m not a model and I’m never going to be has relieved me of the pressure of looking good. If you don’t establish yourself as McDreamy, then you don’t have to live up to it.” — Charlie Day
25. “Everyone feels like an underdog at some point in their life. Even the best-looking people and the most athletic probably have a phase in their life – a year or two – where they’re awkward, or they have braces.” — Charlie Day
What is next for Charlie Day?
Charlie Day has had a unique and worthwhile career.
He has had to work hard and stick to his dreams to manifest the success he has achieved.
But what is next for an actor who evolved to become a writer, producer, and director?
His shows like The Cool Kids, Mythic Quest, and voice roles in The Lego Movie franchise and Monsters University continue to keep Day in tune with his dream.
Fans are currently excited about the premiere of The Super Mario Bros. Movie.
Day takes on the role of voicing Luigi, one-half of the Super Mario Brothers.
There has been some pushback against the film since the creators chose Day and actor Chris Pratt as Mario and Luigi.
Pratt and Day do not have Italian accents and talk with their normal voices in the movie.
Young fans do not seem to care, but older fans with Mario Brothers nostalgia have questioned this choice.
Only time will tell how the film is received.
However, Day has a certain charm and luck that wins people over.
What are your favorite Charlie Day quotes?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments section below.