These Chris Evans quotes will give you a sneak peek into the life of the Captain America star.
Share the one you found most surprising in the comments.
Best known for his role as Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Chris Evans is one of the most recognized faces in Hollywood.
Evans grew up acting in theater and made his film debut in the late 90s.
His first film called, Biodiversity: Wild About Life!, was an educational film co-produced by the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.
At the time, Evans thought that his life’s purpose was to eventually end up living alone in the woods, surviving off the land.
Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for the entertainment industry, that dream never happened and Evans became one of the highest-paid Hollywood actors instead.
He got his big break in the 2005 comic book-inspired film, Fantastic 4, which helped lead Evans to his eventual superstardom in the MCU.
Don’t forget to also check out these Captain America quotes from the popular Marvel movies.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Motivational Chris Evans quotes about movies and acting
1. “I can’t believe I was almost too chicken to play Captain America.” — Chris Evans
2. “I can’t see myself pursuing acting strictly outside of what I’m contractually obligated to do.” — Chris Evans
3. “But my happiness in this world – my level of peace – is never going to be dictated by acting.” — Chris Evans
4. “I decided to make ‘Captain America’ because I realized I wasn’t doing the film because it terrified me.” — Chris Evans
5. “If you want to be around in 10 years you’ve got to do something to differentiate yourself from the pack.” — Chris Evans
6. “If your goal is to be the biggest movie star in the world, a 10-movie contract is gold. It was never my goal.” — Chris Evans
7. “I’ve managed to do movies and still keep a lifestyle where I can go to ballgames, go to a grocery store like everybody else.” — Chris Evans
8. “When you do one movie at a time, if one goes crazy and becomes successful, your life changes. But you can step back and catch your breath.” — Chris Evans
9. “You know, the reward for ‘Captain America’ is amazing. It’s always fun to see a giant spectacle film and see the fun stuff – the special effects.” — Chris Evans
10. “I’ve been lucky enough – well, maybe unlucky enough – to have had a lot of friends who have had their ups and downs. And for an actor, that’s good.” — Chris Evans
11. “The comic book world is so dangerous, you know what I mean? You say one thing and people – they’re ravenous – they are very opinionated fans. But they’re great fans.” — Chris Evans
12. “I don’t know any form of art or entertainment that can affect people the way movies can. I know it sounds ridiculous, but they can change your world. They can change your views.” — Chris Evans
13. “What if I couldn’t handle people’s opinions of me? I know that shouldn’t dictate a person’s degree of peace or happiness in life, but the problem is, I chose a business saturated in judgment.” — Chris Evans
14. “The Internet is a big place where a lot of people can voice their opinions, and my mother chooses to pick fights with random people from all over the world who don’t have the nicest things to say about me.” — Chris Evans
15. “It seems like the studios are either making giant blockbusters or really super-small indies. And the mid-level films I grew up on, like ‘Back to the Future’ and all those John Hughes movies, the studios aren’t doing. It’s hard to get them on their feet.” — Chris Evans
16. “I didn’t realize – you think you are doing a movie but then you realize it’s a Columbia Pictures movie so it’s probably going to have some publicity. Then you see a billboard and it’s like, ‘God! I’m on a billboard!’ It doesn’t hit all at once, it kind of unravels itself and it’s still unraveling.” — Chris Evans
Best Chris Evans quotes about dating and relationships
17. “What does a woman want? More.” — Chris Evans
18. “Men and women aren’t too dissimilar.” — Chris Evans
19. “I am single and not looking to be in a relationship.” — Chris Evans
20. “I like wet hair and sweatpants. I like sneakers and ponytails.” — Chris Evans
21. “I am just enjoying my youth but I want to settle down eventually.” — Chris Evans
22. “I just want someone with a good soul. That’s about it. The rest I’m really flexible on.” — Chris Evans
23. “I wish you could see some of the girls I have genuinely had crushes on in my life. They’re not the girls you would assume.” — Chris Evans
24. “I like girls who are self-deprecating. I like girls who make fun of themselves. If you can’t poke fun at yourself, what are you? ” — Chris Evans
25. “If women feel they are able to go from partner to partner without feeling emotionally invested and ultimately hurt, they should go for it.” — Chris Evans
26. “I used to be in love with Sandra Bullock when I was growing up. Sandy B. was my girl. I remember seeing Speed when I was in seventh grade and just thinking, ‘That’s her.’” — Chris Evans
Chris Evans quotes about sentimentality
27. “I weep at everything.” — Chris Evans
28. “I emote. I love things so much.” — Chris Evans
29. “I love things so much – I just never want to dilute that.” — Chris Evans
30. “For the youth, the indignation of most things will just surge as each birthday passes.” — Chris Evans
31. “I swear to God, if you saw me when I am by myself in the woods, I’m a lunatic. I sing I dance.” — Chris Evans
32. “Life experience in any regard is good. So I’ve seen a lot and I’ve had my own experiences.” — Chris Evans
33. “I always say that the times in my life when I’ve been happiest are the times when I’ve seen, like, a sunset.” — Chris Evans
34. “The point is that when I see a sunset or a waterfall or something, for a split second it’s so great, because for a little bit I’m out of my brain, and it’s got nothing to do with me.” — Chris Evans
Chris Evans quotes about life
35. “You can’t make decisions based on fear.” — Chris Evans
36. “Lost luggage is just an opportunity to start afresh.” — Chris Evans
37. “I’m reminded of who I am, who I was, and who I’m supposed to be.” — Chris Evans
38. “I had no idea there were so many ways you could burn yourself out.” — Chris Evans
39. “It sounds like a gross statement because I hear it overused in L.A. a lot, but I do meditate every day.” — Chris Evans
40. “I can handle the craziness some of the time, maybe most of the time. But I know I can’t handle it all of the time.” — Chris Evans
More Chris Evans quotes
41. “If I do cardio I’ll disappear.” — Chris Evans
42. “I’m not that great with press sometimes.” — Chris Evans
43. “Ferraris are art, but they love being driven.” — Chris Evans
44. “Every guy I know has some sort of freak injury in their body.” — Chris Evans
45. “Look at pictures of me growing up. It wasn’t always the way it is now. It was a bumpy road for me.” — Chris Evans
46. “Dressing a baby is like putting an octopus into a string bag, making sure none of the arms hang out.” — Chris Evans
47. “Anyone who’s had a tattoo knows once you get your first one, as you’re walking out the door, you’re planning the next.” — Chris Evans
48. “I’m a big fan of working out on my own. I put my headphones on and I’m pretty good at self-motivating. At the end of the day, I enjoy it. Once I’m there and once I get going, I tend to love it, and I feel good.” — Chris Evans
49. “For a long time, all I wanted for Christmas were books about outdoor survival. I was convinced that the woods were calling me. I camped a lot, I took classes. At 18, I told myself if I don’t live in the woods by myself by the time I’m 25, I have failed.” — Chris Evans
50. “Are you kidding me? It’s insane that civil rights are being denied people in this day and age. It’s embarrassing, and it’s heartbreaking. It goes without saying that I’m completely in support of gay marriage. In 10 years we’ll be ashamed that this was an issue.” — Chris Evans
What is your favorite Chris Evans film?
Despite being a multi-millionaire and one of the highest-paid actors in the world, Chris Evans seems like a pretty down-to-earth type of guy.
He’s just your average dude who loves to work out, drink a beer with friends, and go camping in the woods.
Sounds like a good time to me.
After wrapping up his role as Captain America, people have speculated what might be on the horizon for Evans.
His role in the 2019 mystery film, Knives Out, shattered the nice guy illusion that Captain America had attached to him.
Evans has said in interviews that he would love to do a musical.
When he heard talk about a remake of Little Shop of Horrors, he mentioned one of his dream roles would be to play the evil dentist.
Did you enjoy these Chris Evans quotes and sayings?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below.