Copycat Quotes to Discourage Copycats
December 19, 2022 2:03 AM EST
Copycat quotes are a motivational element, especially when you want to stop someone from copying your work.
Usually, we are inspired by the beautiful work of others.
However, inspiration is a bit different from copying another person’s work.
Copying others means you don’t have a creative mind.
When you copy someone else’s creativity and take credit, this is against morality.
You can’t justify this act no matter what you plead.
Imitating another individual’s work can lead to an infringement of such a person’s right.
However, copying might not infringe on the rights of others if you have obtained the creator’s permission.
If you are interested in reading the best copycat quotes, we have collected such quotes for you to share via Instagram, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
However, before going to our quotes section, let’s define the copycat first.
What is a Copycat?
According to a commonly used definition, a copycat refers to an individual who copies or imitates what others are doing.
The copying could involve anything, including the idea, the product, literature, or art.
Since childhood, we watch others and try to do what they are doing.
But, some people continue with this habit even after adulthood.
This act of imitating is frustrating for those who feel that their idea has been stolen and some copycat is copying their work.
By doing so, copycats not only cause financial loss to you but also destroy your internal peace.
No doubt, originality is rare in today’s world.
The ideas of others influence most people.
As a result, people don’t think out of the box but try to imitate what has already been done.
At present, individuals are replicating or copying various things including, but are not limited to:
- Other person’s ideas
- Way of life
On the contrary, some still use their minds and creativity to develop their own ideas.
These are the actual creators; hence, they rely on the genuineness of their concept.
Even if the work of another person influences you, try to introduce some elements of your own and create a new version.
Top 10 Copycat Quotes
Here is our top 10 list of copycat quotes from famous personalities.
1. “If you copy then it is not self-expression.” — Michael Schenker
2. “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” — Suzy Kassem
3. “To copy others is necessary, but to copy oneself is pathetic.” — Pablo Picasso
4. “In everything truth surpasses the imitation and copy.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
5. “You should learn from your competitor, but never copy. Copy and you die.” — Jack Ma
6. “When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.” — Eric Hoffer
7. “People copy people they look up to, and good products inspire copycats.” — Innocent Mwatsikesimbe
8. “In my mind, there are too many copycat web products out there that are doing the same thing.” — Daymond John
9. “Do your own thing. Others own their own thing. If you copy too much, you`ll find yourself in late night cocktail lounge cover band limbo.” — Kurt Cobain
10. “Success is dangerous. One begins to copy oneself, and to copy oneself is more dangerous than to copy others. It leads to sterility.” — Pablo Picasso
Copycat Quotes to Inspire others
By sharing these copycat quotes, you can inspire others without much effort. So, give these quotes a try and share them.
11. “Don`t Copy What Someone Is Doing, Copy What God Wants You To Do.” — Cyc Jouzy
12. “As long as you`re being a copycat, you will never be the best copycat.” — Eric Thomas
13. “Take the grrrrrr out of your mind about copycats and make something great out of it.” — Unknown
14. “On the inside, the copycats of the ruffians are more delicate than the copycats of prudes.” — Criss Jami
15. “There`s no harm being a copycat. If someone else is doing a good job, copy. It`s free.” — Uday Kotak
16. “Creativity vs. inspiration: inspiration makes a copy, creativity makes something completely new.” — Hannah Garrison
17. “People are going to copy your product if you build great stuff. Just because Yahoo has a search box doesn`t make it Google.” — Evan Spiegel
18. “You can`t copy anybody and end with anything. If you copy, it means you`re working without any real feeling.” — Billie Holiday
19. “Switch my hair, they gon` copy her. Switch my gear, they gon` copy her. Look at how they stare, just a copier. Roger that. Did you copy that? copycat.” — Nicki Minaj
20. “Generally, you are held to a sound and that becomes your sound. That gets branded as your sound, and all the copycats start with it because the labels are looking for that sound.” — Randy Bachman
Copycat Quotes to Promote Authenticity
Here are the copycat quotes that you can share and propagate the importance of authenticity.
21. “A copycat can copy, not create.” — Unknown
22. “Strong brands are not built through shortcuts and copycats.” — Bernard Kelvin Clive
23. “Great, a copycat. Nothing better than one freak mimicking a bunch of other freaks.” — Sherri Cooper-Landsman
24. “Our world is surrounded by copycats. Being yourself would be liberating and powerful.” — Unknown
25. “I could not fathom the slavery of being a copycat. Be yourself, be your own responsibility.” — Nida Bejosano Goudeaux
26. “Copying someone else is easy but uninspiring, and people will see right through it because it won’t be authentically you.” — Aymee C. Buckhannon
27. “Some people are nothing but clones. Some people have styles of their own. Some people are copycats. These people can’t get the mic back.” — Lenton Tereill Hutton
28. “Full stop, don’t copy, just cop me properly. Everybody same policy/ universal equality/ Responsibility, polity, to survive economically. Some people do it comically, fruits of freedom, equality.” — Jerry Duplessis
29. “I spent my whole life trying to fit into a lane. But I’m so over it, I watched my friends fall out of love and go insane. Bid on life and lose the game, I saw them quit. I never wanna be like that a suit and tie copycat. I never was into that.” — David Rublin
30. “They had an accident and they never noticed anyway. A lack of originality couldn`t focus on the day. So much for the radio everybody sounds the same. Everybody wears the same clothes now and everybody plays the game. Copycat, copycat, copycat.” — Noel Anthony Hogan
Copycat Quotes that have a Powerful Message
If you are looking for the best copycat quotes with powerful messages, the ones listed below can be your choice.
31. “A copycat can never influence.” — Unknown
32. “They can copy your style, they can’t copy your creativity.” — Unknown
33. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” — Herman Melville
34. “You know you are winning when you see you’re being copied.” — Robin Sharma
35. “It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone.” — Hans F Hanson
36. “A lotta cats copy the Mona Lisa, but people still line up to see the original.” — Louis Armstrong
37. “If you are looking for a way to manipulate people, mirroring can work wonders `Imitation is the best form of flattery.” — Tony Bennis
38. “You can only imitate what you understand; but in other cases, you understand something precisely because you imitate it.” — Werner Stegmaier
39. “In these days the young folks are all copycats, afraid to death they won’t be all just alike; as for the old folks, they pray for the advantage of being a little different.” — Sarah Orne Jewett
40. “Souls searching or controlling and robbery, cold lack of camaraderie / Clones, copycats bother me, mine, own, blind cats, follow me / Honesty, honesty, honestly, all these jokes are common-league / Puppets with no autonomy, yup it`s Fugees entirely.” — Jerry Duplessis
More copycat quotes that you may Like
And here are a few other copycat quotes that you would like to read and share.
41. “Good artists copy, great artists steal.” — Pablo Picasso
42. “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.” — John Mason
43. “A copycat is like a poor amateur. Just another rip-off.” — Knisztina
44. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” — Judy Garland
45. “The king of comedy is dead. Richard Pryor was the king of comedy. The rest of them are the king of copycats.” — Paul Mooney
46. “They can copy your idea, your dream, your style, your work, your everything. What they cannot copy is your spirit.” — Unknown
47. “When you are gunning to be like other people, you are foolishly repeating their mistakes, and the worst of it all is that you can’t even correct yours.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
48. “Obsessing on evil is boring. Rousing fear is a hackneyed shtick. Wallowing is despair is a bad habit. Indulging in cynicism is akin to committing a copycat crime.” — Rob Brezsny
49. “People can copy anything; your mode of dressing, the way you talk, walk, dance, sing, cry, but they will find it very hard to imitate the way you donate money.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
50. “Don`t stretch the small thing, copycats are finicky. Without skills, they master the art of mimicry. But I go line for line on the whole page. Your unspotted life on the mic is old age.” — Corey Woods
Which of these Copycat Quotes is your Favorite One?
The copycat quotes listed above are for those who always try to be creative and work on their idea.
These quotes can help you teach those copying your work a lesson.
In fact, copycats steal someone else’s hard work, which is a crime.
We hope you found a quote your like after going through this list of these copycat quotes and sayings.
If this is so, do share your favorite quote with us.
You can do this by commenting below.