Congratulations quotes can be hard to find, especially if you are looking for quotes to congratulate someone on a special occasion.
We have curated a list of the best quotes to assist you.
However, before going to the quotes section, let’s look at the different ways to congratulate someone.
So, let’s dive in!
Ways to congratulate someone on different occasions
If you are looking for ways to congratulate someone, let that person know his/her achievement is worth celebrating.
By simply saying ‘congratulations,’ you might not be doing it the perfect way.
Sometimes people say ‘Congrats!’, while a few try to type a long message for this purpose.
No matter the occasion, you must express genuine emotions and feelings when conveying your congratulations.
Here are the three most common occasions to congratulate your loved one and friends.
Congratulating someone on his/her graduation
Graduating is one of the most memorable and important days in one’s life.
This is when someone will reap the fruits of years of hard work.
So, you need to encapsulate the educational achievements of a person while conveying your congratulations.
Below, we have mentioned the most appropriate way to congratulate someone on his/her graduation.
“Congratulations, you have made me so proud by reaching this milestone, and I’m anxiously looking forward to your next achievement.”
“Congrats on the biggest day of your life, ‘Graduation Day’ and I wish you the success in life that you deserve.”
Like graduation, getting married is another massive and noteworthy milestone in a person’s life.
So, it would be best if you put all your efforts into conveying your feelings on a wedding card.
If you don’t know the best ways to congratulate someone on his/her wedding, here are a few examples.
“By merely looking at both of you, one can easily ascertain what ‘Made in Heaven’ means. Congrats!”
“You can’t even judge how happy I’m when greeting you ‘Happy Wedding’, and I am honored to celebrate this special day with both of you. Congrats!”
New baby congratulations
Having a baby is an unexplainable feeling that brings inexpressible joy and happiness into one’s life.
If your friend or colleague has recently become a father or mother, you can congratulate them in the following ways.
“Congrats on the arrival of a small bundle of happiness; wishing your newborn a happy and healthy life ahead.”
“Accept my heartiest congratulations on this little miracle that just happened in your life, and wish the whole family a marvelous life.”
Top 10 congratulations quotes
Here are the top 10 congratulations quotes you would like to share with your friends and family.
1. “Congratulations is the civility of envy.” — Ambrose Bierce
2. “You’re wiser than your last mistake. Congratulations!” — Chinonye J. Chidolue
3. “I fangirl when I see someone famous wish me congratulations.” — Darci Lynne Farmer
4. “Congratulations dear on the start of something best and beautiful!” — AC.V. Holk
5. “Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken.” — Yogi Berra
6. “If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance.” — Andrea Boydston
7. “The biggest bore of all is he who is overflowing with congratulations.” — Thomas Hood
8. “Congratulations to Prince Charles for banning foie gras from all his functions.” — Morrissey
9. “When you win, there are congratulations. When you lose, the world is falling apart.” — Hulk
10. “Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to great places. You’re off and away!” — Dr. Seuss
Funny congratulations quotes
Now let’s check out the compilation of the wittiest and heartfelt congratulations quotes that will bring a smile to your face.
11. “Congratulations to both of you, and let’s get on with the grandchildren.” — Dianne Warner
12. “When I was born, the doctor looked at my mother and said, Congratulations, you have an actor!” — Sally Field
13. “We have a problem. ‘Congratulations.’ But it’s a tough problem. ‘Then double congratulations.’” — W. Clement Stone
14. “When someone says, ‘I recognize you,’ I’ll say, ‘Congratulations on having a TV.’ It’s a little joke.” — William Belli
15. “Congratulations, you have a sense of humor. And to those who didn’t: Go stick your head in the mud.” — Jesse Ventura
16. “If you’ve messed up big – like me, like Isaiah – congratulations! You’re at the top of God’s talent-scouting list.” — Craig Groeschel
17. “After my last audition for ‘Game of Thrones,’ they said, ‘Congratulations, princess.’ I was like, ‘Bye-bye, call center.’” — Emilia Clarke
18. “If you’re reading this…Congratulations, you’re alive. If that’s not something to smile about, then I don’t know what is.” — Chad Sugg
19. “Congratulations, he said. “That was the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.” His expression was a mix of awe and disbelief.” — Ever. Patrick Rothfuss
20. “Any filmmaker who has translated some personal vision into a film that actually gets shot and distributed is wildly successful. Congratulations! Anything after that is gravy.” — Paul Dinello
Congratulations quotes about saying congratulations
If you’re at a loss for words while wishing someone congratulations, one of the following congratulations quotes can help the most.
21. “Heartiest congratulations to you! We are enthralled to see you thrive in your element!” — Unknown
22. “Congratulations to All of the recipients who received National Humanitarian Awards in Barbados.” — Charmaine J. Forde
23. “Congratulations to the people who made Gotham series, but still need some more and extra work!” — Deyth Banger
24. “I could not let such a memorable occasion pass without sending you my heartfelt congratulations.” — Madeleine Turner
25. “Congratulations, all our dreams can come true. If we but have the strength and tenacity to pursue them.” — Jennifer Rahel Conover
26. “Congratulations to someone… Someone who’s happy with you, I guess he did the right things — I was wise enough to do.” — Al Frische
27. “Congratulations on holding the line this year, … We appreciate the efforts your department has had to make to stay under budget.” — Alan Thompson
28. “I’ll never forget the blooming happiness that spread in me like the sun coming up when Lydia’s obstetrician poked me awake: ‘Congratulations… you have a fine son.’” — Charlton Heston
29. “Congratulations, everyone, I announce as I open the door to Noam’s study. You’ve finally broken Meira, the crazy, orphaned soldier-girl. She’s snapped, all thanks to the mention of floral arrangements.” — Sara Raasch
30. “Congratulations Tomi Adeyemi, on your breakout novel, CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE. A project catching fire, such as this one has, is the hope (not a guarantee) of every storyteller. Hemingway said it best, ‘It is the journey that matters, in the end.” — A. K. Kuykendall
Insightful congratulations quotes
Here is the compilation of the most insightful and profound congratulations quotes.
31. “Compliments of congratulation are always kindly taken and cost one nothing but pen, ink, and paper.” — Chesterfield
32. “I don’t expect congratulations for a successful beginning; what I want is the applaud at a successful ending.” — Amit Kalantri
33. “I replied, congratulations with a kind thank yous.. For the most part, I kept my mouth shut and worked hard.” — Erin N. Harrison
34. “My dad never gave me pats on the back or congratulations. There was always more to give and more to get done.” — Stefon Diggs
35. “When congratulations are in order, I like to wait until they`re out of order to offer a high five or enthusiastic pat on the back.” — Jarod Kintz
36. “Congratulations on your promotion! Before you go, would you like to take this knife out of my back? You`ll probably need it again.” — Lawrence Dorfman
37. “The moment was to have several rounds of heartiest congratulations and best wishes all around; with tears of celestial happiness rolling down the cheeks.” — Nikhil Parekh
38. “There is a peculiar gratification in receiving congratulations from one’s squadron for a victory in the air. It is worth more to a pilot than the applause of the whole outside world.” — Eddie Rickenbacker
39. “The effect of liberty to individuals is that they may do what they please; we ought to see what it will please them to do before we risk congratulations which may be soon turned into complaints.” — Edmund Burke
40. “You know when something feels so good but you’re afraid to feel good about it? So you kinda hold back? Everyone says, Congratulations, you must be so happy. And you say something stupid like, I’m just doing what little I can with what little I have.” — Vin Diesel
More congratulations quotes
Enjoy reading some more inspiring congratulations quotes to fill your heart with joy.
41. “Congratulations to ‘Countdown’ – it was an evening I will never forget – and a special thank you to Molly Meldrum.” — Prince Charles
42. “Because A Walk To Remember had come out and it had made money and I got a lot of congratulations at that time as it happens out there.” — Shane West
43. “In Europe, we would congratulate anyone who is successful. But congratulations, stop if we find that you start to misuse a dominant position.” — Margrethe Vestager
44. “I dreamed it all ever since I was young. They said I wouldn’t be anything. Now they always say, `congratulations`. Worked so hard, forgot how to vacation.” — Adam King Feeney
45. “The news of the discovery spread fast all over the country, and inquisitive inquiries mingled with congratulations from this moment became the daily program.” — Howard Carter
46. “I was overwhelmed by so many interviewers and then messages of congratulations. So many congratulation messages. I feel this shows the authority and the greatness of the Nobel Prize.” — Isamu Akasaki
47. “Allow me to offer my congratulations on the truly admirable skill you have shown in keeping clear of the mark. Not to have hit once in so many trials, argues the most splendid talents for missing.” — Thomas De Quincey
48. “It was while I was in the mental hospital that I got my letter from the British Olympic Association saying, ‘Congratulations. You’ve been picked to go to the Olympic Games.’ I kept stressing I wasn’t a patient.” — Eddie The Eagle
49. “It is a great honor to be awarded a Nobel Prize. This is a wonderful experience for my wife Betty and me. We received congratulations by email, phone, and post, many from old friends we had not seen for some time.” — Willard Boyle
50. “Yeah, I’ve done Jim Breuer’s radio show a couple of times, and I heard from Larry the Cable Guy when I got ‘Mike & Molly,’ wishing me congratulations. I’m always the last one to the party, man. But that’s okay. I got there.” — Billy Gardell
Which of these congratulations quotes is your favorite?
These congratulations quotes are collected with due care and caution.
So, it won’t be that difficult for you to find the best quote for a particular occasion.
You can look at the different sections and choose the most relevant quote to share with your friends and family.
You can also share your favorite quote with us in the comments section below.