Weaving Quotes That Are Truly Inspiring
April 13, 2023 5:29 AM EST
If you are searching for the best weaving quotes, we are here to help you.
Here, we have curated a compilation of the top quotes about weaving.
Also, this article explains the similarities between weaving and life.
So, if interested, please continue reading.
Why Weaving is Similar to Life
Weaving shows some similarities with the pattern in which we live our lives.
The act of weaving involves interweaving threads to create a larger pattern.
This is similar to life, where our experiences, events, and relationships create a person’s life story.
In addition, weaving involves the selection of threads and their arrangement.
Life also requires us to make certain decisions that impact our lives.
Our actions and choices back the decisions we make.
Take a moment to check out these sewing quotes, too!
Relationship between Weaving and Life
Below are a few of the most common illustrations showing the similarity between life and weaving:
- Selection of the right thread
- Creation of different patterns
- Adjustments and corrections
- The result
Selection of the Right Thread
When weaving, the weaver selects the thread’s color, thickness, and texture.
This is so, as it will affect the overall appearance of the final product.
For instance, using a soft thread will give a soft feel to the finished product.
Similarly, our life offers us the privilege of choosing the people we want to spend our lives with.
Besides, choosing our habits and experiences also helps shape our characters.
This influences the overall experience of our lives.
Creation of Different Patterns
A weaver makes the decision regarding the pattern.
He wants to interweave the threads in accordance with the desired patterns.
Similarly, we can select the rhythms and patterns that we want to achieve in our lives.
These include setting our goals, relationship preferences, priorities, and habits.
Adjustments and Corrections
While weaving, even a single mistake can ruin the overall shape and design of the product.
Hence, the weaver should immediately correct the mistake or make necessary adjustments to minimize the impact of such a mistake.
This ensures that the final product is flawless and perfect.
Similar things happen in our lives where we also make adjustments in terms of our relationships and habits.
This helps us to stay on the right path and succeed.
Once the weaving procedure is complete, the final product is a unique cloth or tapestry.
It represents the actions and choices of the weaver.
Similarly, when a person settles down in his/her life, it reflects what choice he/she has made.
Top 10 Weaving Quotes
Here is the list of the top 10 weaving quotes.
1. “Life is a loom, weaving illusion.” — Vachel Lindsay
2. “Genius has no taste for weaving sand.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “I have no qualms in going for hair weaving or transplant.” — Aditya Roy Kapur
4. “The moon is at her crystal window / Spinning and weaving…” — Hilda Conkling
5. “It’s the moon that makes it so still, weaving some mystery.” — Fyodor Dostoevsky
6. “By mid-morning, a rain as fine as silk spills were weaving over the lake.” — Martha Ostenso
7. “I’m more comfortable weaving Indian flavors into American classics.” — Aarti Sequeira
8. “Most talented with a God-given talent for weaving words of heartfelt wonder.” — Grange Lady Haig Rutan
9. “Writing fiction is the act of weaving a series of lies to arrive at a greater truth.” — Khaled Hosseini
10. “I’ve always had a great affection for espionage stories. I like weaving them, and I like thrillers.” — Terry Hayes
Weaving Quotes About Life
The following weaving quotes are related to life.
11. “A good life is like weaving. Energy is created in the tension. The struggle, the pull, and tug are everything.” — Joan Erikson
12. “He who is false to the present duty breaks a thread in the loom, and you will see the effect when the weaving of a lifetime is unraveled.” — William Ellery Channing
13. “We sleep, but the loom of life never stops, and the pattern which was weaving when the sun went down is weaving when it comes up in the morning.” — Henry Ward Beecher
14. “We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving, and we all have the power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing.” — Louisa May Alcott
15. “In the tapestry of life, we’re all connected. Each one of us is a gift to those around us, helping each other be who we are, weaving a perfect picture together.” — Anita Moorjani
16. “We don’t accomplish anything in this world alone… and whatever happens is the result of the whole tapestry of one’s life, and all the weavings of individual threads form one to another that creates something.” — Sandra Day O’Connor
17. “Moment by moment throughout our lifetime, our brains hum with the work of making meaning: weaving together many thousands of threads of information into all manner of thoughts, feelings, memories, and ideas.” — Daniel Tammet
18. “Life is too precious to be spent in this weaving and unweaving of false impressions, and it is better to live quietly under some degree of misrepresentation than to attempt to remove it by the uncertain process of letter-writing.” — George Eliot
19. “The day will come when you will review your life and be thankful for every minute of it. Every hurt, every sorrow, every joy, every celebration, and every moment of your life will be a treasure to you, for you will see the utter perfection of the design. You will stand back from the weaving and see the tapestry, and you will weep at the beauty of it.” — Neale Donald Walsch
20. “I think our lives are connected by threads. We’re weaving our own quilts as we go along, and it has been my experience that there are so many threads that connect people. Invisible threads, strong threads, sparkling threads, but I think there is so much interconnectivity between people, and I acknowledge that, and I see it all the time. I think some of that is divine.” — Kathy Garver
Motivational Weaving Quotes
Weaving is a difficult process, but its result is very beautiful. These quotes will motivate you to work hard and get a beautiful result.
21. “Sometimes, when I wake up at night, I feel invisible hands weaving my destiny.” — Fernando Pessoa
22. “We gave the Future to the winds and slumbered tranquility in the Present, weaving the dull world around us into dreams.” — Edgar Allan Poe
23. “All of my creation is an effort to weave a web of connection with the world: I am always weaving it because it was once broken.” — Anais Nin
24. “I have once more taken up things that can’t be done: water with grasses weaving on the bottom. But I’m always tackling that sort of thing!” — Claude Monet
25. “Consistency: It’s the jewel worth wearing; It’s the anchor worth weighing; It’s the thread worth weaving; It’s a battle worth winning.” — Charles R. Swindoll
26. “My dream is to be a doctor. I’m almost working in a laboratory because I’m trying new techniques, new directions, and fabrics, new weaving.” — Alber Elbaz
27. “It’s important to realize that we all need to work together. With Weaving Movements, we are all interdependent, and we all have to work together. If we could just realize that and understand that, we’ll keep our country strong.” — Dolores Huerta
28. “Every marvel of our age arose out of the critical give and take of an open society. No other civilization ever managed to incorporate this crucial innovation, weaving it into daily life. And if you disagree with this… say so!” — David Brin
29. “And so she comes to dream herself the tree, The wind possessing her, weaving her young veins, Holding her to the sky and its quick blue, Drowning the fever of her hands in sunlight. She has no memory, nor fear, nor hope Beyond the grass and shadows at her feet.” — Hart Crane
30. “Thousands of years ago, weren’t we capable of building enormous structures like the pyramids? Weren’t we capable of worshiping gods, weaving, making fire, finding lovers and wives, and sending written messages? Of course, we were. But although we’ve succeeded in replacing slaves with wage slaves, all the advances we’ve made have been in the field of science. Human beings are still asking the same questions as their ancestors. In short, they haven’t evolved at all.” — Paulo Coelho
Weaving Quotes About Skill
Weaving is a great skill that needs a lot of practice. The following weaving quotes are related to various skills.
31. “I do regard spinning and weaving as a necessary part of any national system of education.” — Mahatma Gandhi
32. “You see, when weaving a blanket, an Indian woman leaves a flaw in the weaving of that blanket to let the soul out.” — Martha Graham
33. “Our weavings in the cosmic web are not self-contained. Rather, they are part of the design of our collective humanity.” — Lisa Hunt
34. “For me, teaching is about weaving a web of connectedness between myself, my students, the subject I’m teaching, and the larger world.” — Parker J. Palmer
35. “I assure you that there’s a lot involved in compositions with figures. … It’s like weaving… you must control and keep an eye on several things at once.” — Vincent Van Gogh
36. “[Riccardo Tisci ] has an interesting approach to weaving the contemporary with the couture and blending tribes and collections. It always seems to work.” — Erykah Badu
37. “In Old Europe and Ancient Crete, women were respected for their roles in the discovery of agriculture and for inventing the arts of weaving and pottery making.” — Carol P. Christ
38. “Medical practice is not knitting and weaving and the labor of the hands, but it must be inspired with soul and be filled with understanding and equipped with the gift of keen observation . . .” — Maimonides
39. “As I went to college, I went into radio and television. Now I suppose most people think that’s one step ahead of basket weaving as a major in college, but it was part of the journalism department.” — Sam Donaldson
40. “This is what art is all about. It is weaving fabric from the feathers you have plucked from your own breast. But no one must ever see the process – only the finished bolt of goods. They must never suspect that that crimson thread running through the pattern is blood.” — Katherine Paterson
Weaving Quotes Stating Facts
Weaving quotes mentioned below state various facts that are worth reading. You will learn a lot from them.
41. “In Silence, there is eloquence. Stop weaving and see how the pattern improves.” — Rumi
42. “Poetry is a fresh morning spider-web telling a story of moonlit hours of weaving and waiting during a night.” — Carl Sandburg
43. “You may not be able to leave your children a great inheritance, but day by day you may be weaving coats for them which they will wear through all eternity.” — Theodore L. Cutler
44. “Love, as is told by the seers of old, Comes as a butterfly tipped with gold, Flutters and flies in sunlit skies, Weaving round hearts that were one time cold.” — Algernon Charles Swinburne
45. “Thinking … is a soundless dialogue, it is the weaving of patterns, it is a search for meaning. The activity of thought contributes to and shapes all that is specifically human.” — Vera John-Steiner
46. “Nowhere on the shore is the relation of a creature to its surroundings a matter of a single cause and effect; each living thing is bound to its world by many threads, weaving the intricate design of the fabric of life.” — Rachel Carson
47. “Made up of a dozen billion microscopic nerve-cell units interconnected by millions upon millions of conducting nerve-threads weaving incredibly intricate patterns, the brain, as an object of research, presents a defiant challenge to its own ingenuity.” — William Feindel
48. “Everything can happen; everything is possible and probable. Time and place do not exist; on a significant base of reality, the imagination spins, weaving new patterns; a mixture of memories, experiences, free fancies, incongruities, and improvisations.” — August Strindberg
49. “Never forget that the universe is a single living organism possessed of one substance and one soul, holding all things suspended in a single consciousness and creating all things with a single purpose that they might work together spinning and weaving and knotting whatever comes to pass.” — Marcus Aurelius
50. “The more familiar two people become, the more the language they speak together departs from that of the ordinary, dictionary-defined discourse. Familiarity creates a new language, an in-house language of intimacy that carries a reference to the story the two lovers are weaving together and that cannot be readily understood by others.” — Alain de Botton
Which Weaving Quotes Inspires You the Most?
Simply going through our list of weaving quotes is a motivational experience.
Our carefully selected quotes are bound to inspire you.
We have included only the most popular and relevant quotes to keep you engaged.
Hence, it is easier for you to find your favorite weaving quote.
If you have found one, don’t forget to share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.