As the title suggests, this article is all about cop quotes.
If you love to be a cop or are inspired by the services offered by cops in general, you will enjoy reading our cop quote selection.
Furthermore, we have also discussed a few noteworthy aspects linked to cops, such as the duties and qualities of a cop.
Qualities of a Good Cop
Here are the most common qualities that a cop or police officer must exhibit.
Professionalism: Being a cop, a person must be committed to showing the required level of professionalism.
Integrity: Every cop must act according to the law and follow prevailing ethical standards.
Humanity: A cop must respect and treat everyone with compassion and dignity.
Courage: As a cop, an individual must have the courage to face and resist the opposition without any discrimination.
Apart from the above qualities, a cop should meet the general standards of being a police officer.
For instance, a cop needs to maintain both moral and mental strength to fight crime without getting intrigued by distractions.
Duties of a Cop
The general duties of a cop are listed below:
- The most essential duty of a cop is to protect the life and property of the general public.
- Enforcement of the current laws and regulations passed by the legislative bodies.
- Be vigilant when responding to emergency calls.
- Conduct interviews, preliminary inquiries, traffic & criminal investigations, etc.
- Arrest and investigate the culprits and bring them to the court of justice.
- Testify and be a part of the criminal proceeding against an accused.
- Take part in emergency duties during adverse weather situations or calamities.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of police brutality quotes about race, injustice, and more.
Top 10 Cop Quotes
The top 10 cop quotes curated here are not only popular but interesting too. Besides, these quotes are associated with a few of the most famous personalities.
1. “G.I. humor is similar to cop humor.” — Nelson DeMille
2. “I think I have made too many cop films.” — Gautham Menon
3. “I never saw myself as being a cop on TV.” — Ciaran Hinds
4. “I’ve never played anybody like a cop before.” — Leelee Sobieski
5. “If you’re not a cop, don’t buy a Crown Victoria.” — Pat McAfee
6. “Well, for one thing, you know my dad was a cop.” — Edward Burns
7. “I’ve always had a desire to play a cop or FBI agent.” — Tricia Helfer
8. “I always wanted to be a cop or a fireman or do something dangerous.” — Millicent Simmonds
9. “Gomez is a by-the-book cop. He’s the only character not to break bad.” — Steven Michael Quezada
10. “I don’t watch cop movies much. I TiVo shows. I watch every Larry David show.” — Raymond Kelly
Cop Quotes for your Motivation
The cop quotes listed below will bring out the motivation within you.
11. “I’m super-obsessed with law enforcement. I’m what you’d call a ‘cop fan.’” — Pauley Perrette
12. “I didn’t watch a lot of cop shows growing up, but I am a huge fan of ‘Southland’ now.” — Gregory Smith
13. “In the beginning Remo is a very New York street cop who changes and is changed as he moves along.” — Fred Ward
14. “When I became a cadet, I immediately decided I wanted to be an undercover cop because I don’t like uniforms.” — Ron Stallworth
15. “My dad was a New York City cop. His father was a New York City fireman. And my mother’s dad was a city taxi driver.” — Joe Lhota
16. “As a former cop, I respect and appreciate those who’ve dedicated their lives to serving others as well as those who appreciate the rule of law and honor it.” — Dave Reichert
17. “Cro Cop is one of the best in the world and such a great guy. It was awesome to train with him. There’s nothing better than working with him, and it was a great experience.” — Stipe Miocic
18. “I’m sure I took some licks at the system, and at trials and lawyers in general. I’ve seen enough of them for so many years both as a cop and a defendant in defamation cases.” — Joseph Wambaugh
19. “Find something bigger than yourself and pour every ounce of who you are into it. If that’s your family, be the best father on Earth. If you are a cop, firefighter, or a trash man, be the best.” — Tim Kennedy
20. “I always thought that the badge a cop has was more like the shield that Captain America has. It’s an obvious sign of good and something you’ll protect other people with, but it will also protect you.” — Judd Nelson
Funny Cop Quotes
These cop quotes are funny and hilarious and will give you a reason to smile. You can also share your happiness with others by sharing these quotes.
21. “You can’t separate the two, being a parent, being a cop.” — Raymond Kelly
22. “The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.” — Dudley Moore
23. “When your dad’s a cop, calling 911 is really just like calling Dad at work.” — Ryan Reynolds
24. “I Said to a cop, yes officer, I did see the ‘Speed Limit Sign, I just didn’t see you.” — Paul Trek
25. “A cop pulled me over and said, ‘Papers’… I said, ‘Scissors’, I win! and drove off.” — Unknown
26. “If you haven’t seen your wife smile at a traffic cop, you haven’t seen her smile her prettiest.” — Kin Hubbard
27. “I’m playing a cop in Chicago. So I have to look beefier – like a guy who eats steak and potatoes.” — Jesse Lee Soffer
28. “In Rio de Janeiro, every cop has to make a choice. He either turns dirty, keeps his mouth shut, or goes to war.” — Jose Padilha
29. “I called my family, saying, ‘Guess what? I got a new show. It’s about a cop who travels in time.’ And they said, ‘I think we’ve seen that one’.” — Jason O’Mara
30. “Long time ago, I was going to be a New York cop, then got involved with this girl who was into acting, then got bit by the acting bug myself.” — Erik Estrada
Cop Quotes by Famous Actors
This section contains cop quotes from famous actors who played cop roles in their movies and TV shows. So, let’s enjoy reading these quotes.
31. “Depending on the show, I’ve played a cop, a criminal, or a victim. So there’s a range.” — Brent Sexton
32. “I have played a cop a lot over the years and sometimes I get a bit scared of being typecast.” — Vishwajeet Pradhan
33. “If I was to do anything besides acting, I would be a fireman or a beat cop. I’d do a regular job.” — Manny Montana
34. “The notion of being on a cop show was appealing, just because it’s one of those tick boxes in a career.” — Dallas Roberts
35. “I would do ‘Superbad,’ and the next offers you would get would all be crazy cop characters or crazy security guards or something.” — Bill Hader
36. “When I watch cop shows, I really enjoy them because you can really follow the story and get involved, and the characters are always really interesting.” — Vicky McClure
37. “The cop in ‘Dhruva’ had to be much more agile, far more fit and alert than any role I had played so far. I built the body that the role required. If it’s been appreciated, I am glad.” — Ram Charan
38. “My action follows my characters. If a character is a cop, you cannot be posing all the time, you cannot fly off the roof because it doesn’t make any sense – it’s not practical.” — Donnie Yen
39. “My acting career began on the streets of New York. When I was a cop, I played many impressive roles, from derelict to a doctor, and my life often depended on my performance.” — Frank Serpico
40. “I don’t know what it is about me and this cop thing, but I get a lot of cop offers. Everyone always assumes that I’m someone on the force, but as long as they are paying me, I will play a cop until the day I die.” — Reginald VelJohnson
More Cop Quotes that you Might Like
This is the last section of our quotes compilation, which offers you an opportunity to enjoy reading some more interesting cop quotes.
41. “I took the California Highway Patrol exam and didn’t pass, so I tried to be a cop and failed.” — John Cena
42. “There are so many police series that we all end up playing a cop of one hue or another eventually.” — Adrian Dunbar
43. “We get picked up in these Rolls Royces and get three miles down the highway and five cop cars pull us over.” — Johnny Thunders
44. “Civilization is a youth with a molotov cocktail in his hand. Culture is the Soviet tank or L.A. cop that guns him down.” — Edward Abbey
45. “I’ll go on record and say it’s way more fun riding in front of a cop car than riding in the back cuz you can get out if you want to.” — Scott Hall
46. “I got family members that’s police officers. I don’t got no problem if you a cop, as long as y’all doing y’all job, and y’all not harassing.” — Juice Wrld
47. “Cops have been complaining about morale since police forces were created. I used to complain about it a lot when I was a young cop.” — William Bratton
48. “Clothes are a kind of uniform. A nun’s habit, a surgeon’s scrubs, a cop’s uniform. People often say that when they put on a certain uniform, they actually think of themselves differently.” — Victor LaValle
49. “Cop families have guns in their houses. It’s a bigger question for mothers. When is the right time to introduce to your children the things that could hurt them? But not having the knowledge could hurt them.” — Amy Carlson
50. “I was an infantry Marine, and there are only so many things you can do when you get out of the military that you can apply your job to. Either a janitor or a cop. I tried to do both of those things because what else are you going to do?.” — Adam Driver
Which of these Cop Quotes Do you Like the Most?
We hope you feel enlightened after reading these cop quotes and sayings.
Our quotes collection contains all sorts of quotes you like to read and share.
So if you were lucky enough to find your favorite cop quote, mention this in the comments below.