Coworker Quotes For A Better Day At Work
November 30, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Check out these coworker quotes and reflect on the people who have come into your life because of your profession.
Many people’s careers and coworkers heavily influence their social and romantic lives.
Share a funny coworker story with us in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these coworker quotes?
We live in a global society during the digital age, so we know many people use dating apps and social media to find each other.
However, did you know that recent surveys have found that up to 14% of couples who met at work ended up getting married?
Whether we see ourselves as a “people person” or identify as one who works better alone, we will have some relationships with our peers at work.
Knowing how to build on those relationships and how to nurture them are valuable skills to have.
Some good rules of thumb for a healthy relationship with your coworkers are:
- let them know you appreciate them with words and actions
- treat everyone with respect and listen
- do not steal their lunch or snacks from the breakroom
If you have a terrible coworker, check out this book!
A healthy work environment is essential.
It is directly tied to our overall health!
Coworker appreciation quotes
1. “My peers and colleagues inspire me.” — Robin Chase
You will also enjoy our article on manipulation quotes.
2. “We’re your co-workers, not your wives.” — Nell Scovell
You will also enjoy our article on Indigenous People’s Quotes.
3. “I have great respect for all my colleagues.” — Erin O’Toole
4. “We lie more to strangers than we lie to co-workers.” — Pamela Meyer
You will also enjoy our article on how people treat you quotes.
5. “I feel that I’ve worked so hard to gain the respect of the fans and my co-workers.” — Gail Kim
6. “I and my colleagues here have been engaged in the pursuit of knowledge.” — Frederick Sanger
7. “Colleagues are a wonderful thing—but mentors, that’s where the real work gets done.” — Junot Diaz
8. “A scientist’s aim in a discussion with his colleagues is not to persuade, but to clarify.” — Leo Szilard
9. “I’m not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
10. “All of the people in my life whom I consider to be close friends or colleagues are good thinkers.” — John C. Maxwell
More coworker quotes to make you laugh, smile, or think
11. “My co-workers expect me to be late and temperamental.” — Eva Gabor
12. “For me, the team always comes first, and without the help of my colleagues, I am nothing.” — Ruben Neves
13. “At every stage of my career, I have had interesting and cordial colleagues, some of whom are close friends.” — Daniel Nathans
14. “A good life depends on the strength of our relationships with family, friends, neighbours, colleagues, and strangers.” — David Lammy
15. “When I was in the private sector, I found it immensely useful to go out and talk to customers and co-workers.” — Walker Stapleton
16. “Establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers. You don’t have to be friends, but you do have to be friendly.” — Judy Smith
17. “Some would rather pull a handcart across the prairie than bring up the subject of faith and religion to their friends and co-workers.” — Dieter F. Uchtdorf
18. “I see reflections of what I love about myself in the love and care I receive from my friends, family, and co-workers who, in turn, allow me to love and care about them.” — Asia Kate Dillon
19. “As an industry, we need to come together and weed out toxic people who cannot respect their co-workers. They are not irreplaceable. There is enough talent out there.” — Pulkit Samrat
20. “I was able to come out to my family, but other than that I couldn’t come out to co-workers or to friends because of what that would mean for my military life and my career.” — Liz Carmouche
Coworker quotes about when they leave
21. “Your example should be stellar among your friends, associates, family, teachers, co-workers, and other Christians.” — Monica Johnson
22. “Most people sort of enjoy going to work because of the socialisation, a chance to flirt with co-workers and so on, but actually hate the job they do.” — P. J. O’Rourke
23. “To this day, just always treat people the way you want to be treated. Whether it’s family or friends or co-workers, I think it’s the most important thing.” — Brenda Song
24. “Your ability to communicate is an important tool in your pursuit of your goals, whether it is with your family, your co-workers or your clients and customers.” — Les Brown
25. “The process of coming out was critical to getting where we are today: coming out to our friends, our family, our co-workers, God forbid, to our clients.” — Fred Eychaner
26. “I’m fortunate enough to have learned not to waste time getting frustrated with my kids, or co-workers, or friends and family for not doing everything I wish they would.” — Chandra Wilson
27. “If I had an office job, I’d probably be doing the exact same thing I’m doing on television: hanging out by the water cooler and talking to co-workers about their relationships.” — Tracy McMillan
28. “Whether it is a relationship with family members, girlfriends, friends, or co-workers – every relationship is important. Even a casual acquaintance means something to me.” — Rana Daggubati
29. “In any situation, it is good to be aware of even your co-workers, and if you are uncomfortable or concerned about a colleague’s behavior, report it to a supervisor.” — Kimberly Guilfoyle
30. “I’ve learned in most areas of my life to bounce heated choices off other people. Co-workers, my agent, my wife, a sponsor, etc. A majority of the time that keeps me on the right side of things.” — Kurt Sutter
31. “Maybe almost 20 years ago, I was like, ‘God, I need to be more direct.’ And I found times that I could practice it when it was maybe not my family or friends or co-workers. It’s a quality that’s rarely disliked.” — Tig Notaro
32. “No matter what position you’re in, if you are receiving poor feedback from clients, co-workers, or in performance evaluations, then that’s one of the clearest signs that you’re not cut out for the job, or it’s not right for you.” — John Rampton
33. “I regretted the solitary nature of the writer’s life – other people, normal working people, spent their days with co-workers, rode the subway home with a crowd, walked through thronged streets. I worked at home, all by myself.” — Kate Christensen
34. “I think what you’re seeing is a profound recognition on the part of the American people that gays and lesbians and transgender persons are our brothers, our sisters, our children, our cousins, our friends, our co-workers, and that they’ve got to be treated like every other American. And I think that principle will win out.” — Barack Obama
Coworker quotes about colleagues
35. “Colleagues will malign you if you’re a moderately successful journalist.” — Robert Fisk
36. “Some of my legal colleagues are the most creative people I know!” — Belinda Johnson
37. “It’s always an honour to receive recognition, but I always consider them more important when they come from your colleagues.” — Michael Laudrup
38. “I don’t see any of my colleagues as rivals. I don’t think our generation needs to do that. We are a chilled out lot, and we should all be happy.” — Shahid Kapoor
39. “I have an eccentric view on commodities not necessarily shared by my colleagues – or by almost anybody. And that is, we’re running out of everything.” — Jeremy Grantham
40. “As bad as we are at remembering names and phone numbers and word-for-word instructions from our colleagues, we have really exceptional visual and spatial memories.” — Joshua Foer
41. “You can’t change the world alone – you will need some help – and to truly get from your starting point to your destination takes friends, colleagues, the goodwill of strangers and a strong coxswain to guide them.” — William H. McRaven
42. “With colleagues in the work environment, we fail to see the source of their envy or the reason for their manipulations; our attempts at influencing them are based on the assumptions that they want the same things as ourselves.” — Robert Greene
43. “Whatever position I occupied, it was the result of colleagues – of my comrades in the movement – who had decided in their wisdom to use me for the purpose of focusing the attention of the country and the international community on me.” — Nelson Mandela
44. “I am a product of affirmative action. I am the perfect affirmative action baby. I am Puerto Rican, born and raised in the south Bronx. My test scores were not comparable to my colleagues at Princeton and Yale. Not so far off so that I wasn’t able to succeed at those institutions.” — Sonia Sotomayor
Coworker quotes about making a difference
45. “As a judge, I have always treated colleagues and litigants with the utmost respect.” — Brett Kavanaugh
46. “I am blessed to count among my friends and colleagues people who are very thoughtful and who deeply care about our country.” — Mark Goulston
47. “It’s not simply to say, ‘My colleagues are wrong, and I would do it this way,’ but the greatest dissents do become court opinions.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
48. “In the past, it was easier to believe in my own effectiveness. If I worked hard, with good colleagues and good ideas, we could make a difference. But now, I sincerely doubt that.” — Margaret J. Wheatley
49. “Teaching is a profession in which capacity building should occur at every stage of the career – novices working with accomplished colleagues, skillful teachers sharing their craft, and opportunities for teacher leadership.” — Randi Weingarten
50. “Nelson Mandela went to jail believing in violence, and 27 years later, he and his colleagues had slowly and carefully honed the skills, the incredible skills, that they needed to turn one of the most vicious governments the world has known into a democracy. And they did it in a total devotion to non-violence.” — Scilla Elworthy
What does the coworker relationship mean to you?
You will spend roughly one-third of your life sleeping.
Some people will spend roughly one-third of their life in their career or at work.
This means that you will inevitably spend at least one-third of your life with your coworkers.
It would seem wise and prudent to be mindful of this.
Our coworkers are in our lives full-time.
Some people see their coworkers as much, if not more, than their family members (as you may have noticed from these coworker quotes).
American author Judy Smith encourages us to “Establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers. You don’t have to be friends, but you do have to be friendly.”
Building positive relationships with these individuals is important to our development.
Fostering a healthy relationship with our coworkers is good for our health and creativity.
Positive social interactions at work make our jobs more enjoyable and have been proven to keep us physically and mentally more healthy.
Which of these coworker quotes resonated with you the most?
Let us know in the comment section below and don’t forget to hit the share button if you found this article helpful.