From the moment that Kendrick Lamar stepped onto the rap scene, things were never the same again. As a rapper, songwriter, and producer, Kendrick Lamar has received much praise for his immense talent and skills. Looking for the best Kendrick Lamar quotes to get you going? We have the best of the best for you here, Kendrick Lamar fans!
Kendrick Lamar Duckworth, professionally known as Kendrick Lamar, is an American rapper, songwriter, and record producer known for his incredibly inspirational rap music.
Born on June 17, 1987, in Compton, California, Lamar developed an interest in music from an early age and released his first mixtape at the age of 16. After amassing an online following and collaborating with several big-name hip hop artists like The Game, Busta Rhymes, and Snoop Dogg, he released his first studio album, Section.80, in 2011.
Since then, Lamar has gone on to release three more albums, which have all received critical success. His fourth album, Damn, won him the Pulitzer Prize for Music, making him the first rapper in history to win the award.
Lamar has received many accolades during his career, including 12 Grammy Awards. Besides, in 2016, Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
A huge role model in the hip-hop industry, Lamar’s wisdom extends beyond the mic. He is philosophical, evangelical and a staunch activist who uses his Everyday Power to make bring positivity. In that regard, here are some great Kendrick Lamar quotes to inspire you to be the best you can be.
Kendrick Lamar quotes that will uplift and inspire
1. If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it? – Kendrick Lamar
2. We’re all human at the end of the day, making mistakes. But learn from them is the key. – Kendrick Lamar
3. We look so much on color that we forget about the soul. – Kendrick Lamar
4. “Although the butterfly and the caterpillar are completely different, they are one and the same.” — Kendrick Lamar
5. “Sometimes you just need to distance yourself from people. If they care, they’ll notice. If they don’t, you know where they stand.” – Kendrick Lamar
6. “You can’t have people listen to you unless you come to their world and then bring them to yours.” – Kendrick Lamar
7. “I can’t change the world until I change myself first.” – Kendrick Lamar
8. “I’d rather not live like there isn’t a God, then die and find out there really is. Think about it.” — Kendrick Lamar
9. “Don’t say one thing then do another.” – Kendrick Lamar
10. “I’m tryna learn something new. I’m tryna surround myself with people that inspire me or at least inquire similar desires.” – Kendrick Lamar
Inspirational Kendrick Lamar quotes about life and love
11. “Live your life, live it right. Be different, do different things.” – Kendrick Lamar
12. “We hurt people that love us, love people that hurt us.” – Kendrick Lamar
13. “Love is not just a verb. It’s you looking in the mirror.” – Kendrick Lamar
14. “But what love go to do with it when you don’t love yourself?” – Kendrick Lamar
15. “Life will put many red lights in front of you, but sometimes we must push on the gas and trust God.” – Kendrick Lamar
16. “I don’t talk about these things if I haven’t lived them, and I’ve hurt people in my life. It’s something I still have to think about when I sleep at night. – Kendrick Lamar
17. “I live this life at a pace that anyone can go. Know your place, and dedicate your role…To the faith that you’ll die alone.” – Kendrick Lamar
18. Life to me is currency, prosperity I got it — Kendrick Lamar
19. “I had to come from something, come from a place that was negative and positive but the majority of it is a negative place.” – Kendrick Lamar
20. “Take advantage. Do your best, don’t stress. You was granted everything inside this planet, anything you imagine, you possess.” – Kendrick Lamar
Kendrick Lamar quotes to inspire confidence & self-belief
21. “Don’t you know your imperfections is a blessing.” – Kendrick Lamar
22. It’s easy to forget who you are. – Kendrick Lamar
23. I learned, when I look in the mirror and tell my story, that I should be myself and not peep whatever everybody is doing.” – Kendrick Lamar
24. Look inside my soul and you can find gold and maybe get rich. Look inside of your soul and you can find out it never exists. – Kendrick Lamar
25. I was a black sheep, but now I’m just a goat– Kendrick Lamar
26. Just let me be me, That’s the only way I know.– Kendrick Lamar
27. “Live your life, live it right. Be different, do different things.” – Kendrick Lamar
28. As long as my music is real, it’s no limit to how many ears I can grab.— Kendrick Lamar
29. Oh, I stare at the mirror then realize, that real lies within me — Kendrick Lamar
30. Build your own pyramids write your own hieroglyphs— Kendrick Lamar
Kendrick Lamar quotes to inspire success and greatness
31. I don’t want to be something that just comes and goes. — Kendrick Lamar
32. I’m only as good as my last word, my last hook, my last bridge. — Kendrick Lamar
33. The worst part of success is, to me, adapting to it. It’s scary. — Kendrick Lamar
34. Since day one, since the first time I touched the pen, I wanted to be the best at what I do. — Kendrick Lamar
35. “Maybe because I’m a dreamer and sleep is the cousin of death.” – Kendrick Lamar
36. “When you give up it means you never wanted it.” – Kendrick Lamar
37. “I look at where I’m at today and realize that most of my success is owed to the mentors that was in my life.” – Kendrick Lamar
38. It’s fascinating to me how far an idea can go.— Kendrick Lamar
39. “I want the credit if I’m losin’ or I’m winnin’.” — Kendrick Lamar
40. “I think one of my biggest battles within myself is embracing leadership. … It’s impossible to fight the title of role model. Especially when the type of music I make is so personal. … I find out that they live their lives by my music.” — Kendrick Lamar
Other Uplifting Kendrick Lamar quotes
41. If I’m gonna tell a real story, I’m gonna start with my name. — Kendrick Lamar
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of short uplifting quotes that inspire positivity.
42. “My rights, my wrongs, I write ’til I’m right with God.” — Kendrick Lamar
43. “I don’t do black music, I don’t do white music. I do everyday life music.” – Kendrick Lamar
44. “Look at me, I’m a loser, I’m a winner, I’m good, I’m bad. I’m a sinner, I’m a killer. What I’m doing, I’m saying that I’m human.” – Kendrick Lamar
45. The sky is falling, the wind is calling,
Stand for something, or die in the morning. – Kendrick Lamar
46. “I’m not even thinking about right now. This album has to live and teach… This album has to teach not only in these times, but for the future. To understand all the history and what we was going through.” – Kendrick Lamar
47. “To expose yourself even more, to have that closer connection with another human and have them relate to it. Y’know it’s not easy telling your truth and things that you fear… But I know at the end of the day the music is not for me. It’s for somebody else that’s going through a fucked-up day to listen to and progress in their lives.” – Kendrick Lamar
48. “If I can use my platform to carry on a legacy and talk about something that’s real, I have to do that, period.” – Kendrick Lamar
49. “I find myself to be quite confident as a person but you’re going to have that piece of doubt in the back of your head because we’re human. We all have it. It’s just I like to address it and not keep it bottled in, because I don’t know what it could turn into.” – Kendrick Lamar
More Kendrick Lamar quotes and sayings
50. “I don’t just wanna be a popular person, I want my music to always live because that’s what’s gonna drive your legacy.” – Kendrick Lamar
51. “So next time you feel like your world is about to end, I hope you studied because He’s testing your faith again.” – Kendrick Lamar
52. “Consequences from evil will make your past haunt you.” – Kendrick Lamar
53. “I think my worst problem is actually living in the moment and understanding everything that’s going on. I feel like I’m in my own bubble.” – Kendrick Lamar
54. “I can be calm and reflective from time to time and other times I can have a burst of energy, that’s just me.” – Kendrick Lamar
55. “Being where you from is a strong genetic. You can’t run from it.” – Kendrick Lamar
56. “People gonna be they own individuals and have they own worlds and I can’t knock it.” – Kendrick Lamar
57. “There’s kids out there that have so much life to live. That’s a beautiful thing.” – Kendrick Lamar
58. “Eventually you get to this point where you understand what you want to do and get across and sound like.” – Kendrick Lamar
59. “My word will never be as strong as God’s word. All I am is just a vessel, doing His work.” – Kendrick Lamar
60. “I’ve been called a recluse. There’s definitely truth in that. I like to spend time alone.” – Kendrick Lamar
Which are your favorite Kendrick Lamar quotes?
Kendrick Lamar is a huge role model in the hip-hop industry and one of the most influential people in the world. Yet, despite his massive success, Lamar maintains a humble attitude and focuses on inspiring and improving people’s lives.
Hopefully, these Kendrick Lamar quotes have inspired you to remain true to yourself and become a better person.
Did you enjoy these Kendrick Lamar quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about in the comment section below. And if you enjoyed these quotes, don’t forget to share with your friends and family.
May 5, 2019 12:40 AM EST