If you are looking for the best desperate quotes, you have landed at the right place.
Desperation is the great need and desire for something.
Being desperate can have a destructive impact on personality.
It affects relationships and costs so much to the person.
However, being desperate is not always bad.
Sometimes it motivates you to strive for your goal.
By being desperate, one can have the following benefits
- Hard work
Desperate quotes can be helpful for desperate people to assess their desperation.
But before heading to the quotes section, let’s first shade some light on the signs of a desperate person.
Signs of a Desperate Person
Desperate people can be identified by the signs in their personalities.
Following are some signs that show the person is desperate.
Finishes Things in One Go
A desperate person has the instinct to finish things in one go rather than take the entire time.
A desperate person hurries and tries to complete things quickly rather than being patient.
Desperate people often make big mistakes in a hurry, which costs them a lot.
Another big sign of a desperate person is that they enforce their orders on others.
A desperate person tries to enforce orders everywhere in the office, at home, or any other place.
A desperate person lacks a sense of security and doesn’t give space to others.
A desperate person always talks sweetly with others, even on harsh occasions.
A desperate person fears losing someone and tries to talk sweetly with the other person.
A desperate person is not realistic and fails to accept reality.
A desperate person tries to seek attention from other people by doing unnecessary activities.
That kind of person tries to get noticed by everyone, proving their desperation.
Desperate people follow others’ lives, keep checking on them, and seek their attention.
Top 10 Desperate Quotes
The following section consists of top desperate quotes by famous personalities and influencers.
1. “Sequels are desperate.” — Adam McKay
2. “Haiti is in desperate poverty.” — Pat Robertson
3. “I never let myself get desperate.” — Kim Alexis
4. “I’m desperate to learn how to sail a boat.” — Paul Young
5. “Desperate times make for desperate songs.” — Ezra Furman
6. “When I am not desperate, I am worthless.” — Ivo Andric
7. “In my own mind, I was sort of a desperate kid.” — Al Purdy
8. “I’ve never been desperate to please my father.” — Rebecca Hall
9. “Desperate affairs require desperate measures.” — Horatio Nelson
10. “There’s this huge number of desperate people.” — Lloyd Alexander
Humorous Desperate Quotes
The following desperate quotes show humor. So read them and enjoy.
11. “I am desperate to do a comedy now.” — Tom Hiddleston
12. “Nightlife is, to me, a little synthetic, a little desperate?” — Julia Fox
13. “I’m not one of those people desperate to get in the ring again.” — William Regal
14. “There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.” — Heinz Guderian
15. “I watch lots of American shows like ‘Desperate Housewives’ and so on.” — Neena Gupta
16. “I have to follow my instincts when I get an idea like ‘Desperate Cheeto.’” — Randy Rainbow
17. “Marriage is a series of desperate arguments people feel passionately about.” — Katharine Hepburn
18. “I’ve worked with the greatest actors, and they’re all gone. This is what’s so desperate to me.” — Angela Lansbury
19. “As a Formula One driver, you dream about winning your first race all your life. I am desperate to know what it feels like.” — Sergio Perez
20. “People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.” — George Carlin
Motivational Desperate Quotes
Desperate people are very motivated and these desperate quotes can be used as motivation.
21. “I think I’m probably a little too desperate to be successful.” — Howard Stern
22. “I’m desperate to get to another World Cup and I feel ready for the battle.” — Claude Makelele
23. “I am desperate for change – now – not in 8 years or 12 years, but right now.” — Michelle Obama
24. “One must always hope when one is desperate, and doubt when one hopes.” — Gustave Flaubert
25. “I want to have my desperate need for personal success shrunk, not enlarged.” — Maggie Rowe
26. “I’m not desperate but I know that someday I’ll be the coach again of some team.” — Diego L
27. “I’m desperate to play Champions League football, and that’s why I have to leave Villa.” — Gareth Barry
28. “A person, who no matter how desperate the situation, gives others hope, is a true leader.” — Daisaku Ikeda
29. “The unity in any painter’s work arises from the fact that a person, brought to a desperate situation, will behave in a certain way… style.” — Frank Auerbach
30. “My experience has been in a short 77 years that in the end when you fight for a desperate cause and have good reasons to fight, you usually win.” — Edward Teller
Wise Desperate Quotes
Desperate quotes also show wisdom. Following are some wise desperate quotes shared with you.
31. “Mankind at its most desperate is often at its best.” — Bob Geldof
32. “When you are desperate, it’s usually because of fear.” — Rene Russo
33. “The more desperate you are, the more mistakes you make.” — Canelo Alvarez
34. “I got to that desperate place where nobody could help me but God.” — Cheryl James
35. “The more ways we have to connect, the more many of us seem desperate to unplug.” — Pico Iyer
36. “In our most desperate times, people going through true hardships use humor to cope.” — Sean Baker
37. “A monk’s extraordinary patience can be a hindrance to desperate decision-making.” — Harsha Bhogle
38. “The interesting thing is why we’re so desperate for this anesthetic against loneliness.” — David Foster Wallace
39. “Marriage is like a cage; one sees the birds outside desperate to get in, and those inside equally desperate to get out.” — Michel de Montaigne
40. “Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” — Mark Twain
Desperate Quotes Related to Profession
The following desperate quotes are related to some kind of professional life.
41. “We celebrities are desperate pigs.” — Penn Jillette
42. “I’m desperate to start a career in music.” — Katie Price
43. “Deep inside, I am desperate to do comedy.” — David Suchet
44. “I am such a desperate man headed into a midlife crisis.” — Kyle Gass
45. “I never thought I would say this, but I’m desperate to do an action film.” — Lily James
46. “I find Los Angeles a bit desperate. For me, the energy there is bad.” — Jaimie Alexander
47. “I might be needy, competitive, and desperate but it’s far better than being wet.” — Jenny Eclair
48. “I’m desperate to work again. I’ve often had those periods, but two years was the longest.” — Charlotte Gainsbourg
49. “I’m not desperate to sign, like, a record deal. I’m very hungry, but I’m just not desperate for it.” — Little Simz
50. “When I was in desperate trouble for maybe eight or nine years, I went to a neuropsychiatrist.” — Gene Wilder
Which desperate quote did you Like the Most?
Hopefully, you know more about desperate behavior after going through the above quotes
A person sometimes doesn’t know that he is desperate, so these quotes can help with knowing whether or not you are desperate.
Desperate behavior must be countered right from the start; otherwise, it creates many problems for individuals.
Share with us which desperate quote you loved the most via the comment section.