Dessert Quotes That Make Life Sweeter
September 8, 2022 9:00 AM EST
Anyone with a sweet tooth will love these dessert quotes.
Are you a fan of sweets? Tell us your favorite desserts in the comment section below.
Some say dessert is the most important part of a meal.
American actor William Powell once quipped that “Dessert is probably the most important stage of the meal, since it will be the last thing your guests remember before they pass out all over the table.”
Even the most hardcore health fans enjoy a nice dessert with their meal.
Dessert gets a bad reputation sometimes.
When the word “dessert” is brought up, many people’s minds immediately go to decadent cakes, sugar-encrusted pies, or creamy ice creams.
However, not all desserts have to be loaded with calories or unhealthy.
Living in a globalized society gives us access to a plethora of delicious and inspired desserts made by chefs and artisans that are not only good for your body but good for your peace of mind.
Keep reading, and then grab some dessert!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Dessert quotes for Instagram
1. “Dessert is a necessity of life.” — Adrienne Posey
You will also enjoy our article on cake quotes.
2. “Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on candy quotes.
3. “Apple pie totally counts as a serving of fruit.” — Unknown
4. “When you look at a cupcake, you’ve got to smile.” — Anne Byrn
5. “Is it wrong to find life’s meaning in a cinnamon roll?” — Keith Wynn
6. “Candy is nature’s way of making up for Mondays.” ― Rebecca Gober
7. “Chocolate is ground from the beans of happiness.” — Terri Guillemets
8. “If at first, you don’t succeed, eat a cupcake!” — Marie Williams Johnstone
9. “I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert.” — Jason Love
10. “We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” ― David Mamet
Dessert quotes by famous chefs
11. “Life is short, eat dessert first.” — Jacques Torres
12. “A party without cake is just a meeting.” — Julia Child
13. “Every chef should have an understanding of pastries or desserts.” — Tom Colicchio
14. “Dessert is like a feel-good song, and the best ones make you dance.” — Edward Lee
15. “Dessert is an opportunity to make something beautiful as well as delicious.” — Roland Mesnier
16. “Baking is done out of love, to share with family and friends, to see them smile.” ― Anna Olson
17. “Pastry is truly an exact science while cooking is more a science of instinct and personal judgment.” — Raymond Olivier
18. “When you’re with a group of people and you take a bite of a really great dessert, the conversation just stops…” — Emily Luchetti
19. “Nothing finishes a dessert as simply and richly as sweetened, perfectly whipped cream. It is almost a dessert all by itself.” — Roland Mesnier
20. “The art of preparing desserts is much more than knowing how to make recipes to perfection: it is a real gesture of love.” — Ernst Knam
Dessert quotes about love, marriage, and relationships
21. “Marriage is a dinner that begins with dessert.” — Jules Sandeau
22. “Sexual touch is the dessert of married life!” — Laura M. Brotherson
23. “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” ― Linda Grayson
24. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ― Charles M. Schulz
25. “That’s what dessert means to me: a dollop of sweet love in an otherwise cold world.” — Sarah Strohmeyer
26. “Life is a cake, and love is the icing on top of it. Without love, it becomes difficult to swallow life.” — Mehek Bassi
27. “In love, contrary to pastry, the appetite is cut there only to deepen your cravings elsewhere.” — Yann Queffélec
28. “Desserts are like mistresses. They are bad for you. So if you are having one, you might as well have two.” — Alain Ducasse
29. “I think life is about falling in love with the right person, shopping, eating our favorite sweets and traveling a lot.” — Olivia Palermo
30. “If baking is any labor at all, it’s a labor of love. A love that gets passed down from generation to generation.” — Regina Brett
Funny and witty dessert quotes
31. “I’m not a vegetarian! I’m a dessertarian!” ― Bill Watterson
32. “I drink diet coke so I can eat regular cake.” — Gabriel Iglesias
33. “Work is the meat of life, pleasure the dessert.” ― B. C. Forbes
34. “A balanced diet is having a cookie in each hand.” — Barbara Johnson
35. “Any man who eats dessert is not drinking enough.” — Ernest Hemingway
36. “Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos.” ― Don Kardong
37. “I don’t share blame. I don’t share credit. And I don’t share desserts.” ― Beverly Sills
38. “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” — Jim Davis
39. “It takes forty muscles to frown, and only twelve to jam a cupcake in your mouth and get over it.” ― Sarah Ockler
40. “Dessert is probably the most important stage of the meal, since it will be the last thing your guests remember before they pass out all over the table.” — William Powell
Dessert quotes about life and life advice
41. “Life is too short not to order the bacon dessert.” — George Takei
42. “Cupcakes are sweet, and even sweeter when shared.” — Marie Williams Johnstone
43. “I try to keep a balanced diet, but I always leave room for dessert.” — BeBe Zahara Benet
44. “It’s the finale. It’s the last impression. A bad dessert can ruin the meal.” — Anne McManus
45. “Absolutely eat dessert first. The thing that you want to do the most, do that.” — Joss Whedon
46. “Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who waved off the dessert cart.” — Erma Bombeck
47. “Always serve too much hot fudge sauce on hot fudge sundaes. It makes people overjoyed, and puts them in your debt.” — Judith Olney
48. “I don’t eat a ton of pasta or bread. But I eat dessert almost every night, and I drink. You need a bit of balance, and I’ve found mine.” — Misty Copeland
49. “I am starting to think that maybe memories are like this dessert. I eat it, and it becomes a part of me, whether I remember it later or not.” ― Erica Bauermeister
50. “This was why she enjoyed baking. A good dessert could make her feel like she’d created joy at the tips of her fingers. Suddenly, the people around the table were no longer strangers. They were friends and confidantes, and she was sharing with them her magic.” — Marissa Meyer
How dessert affects us
Life imitates art, and art imitates life, so it is natural to see the irony in the fact that “stressed” is “desserts” spelled backward.
When we eat sweet foods, our brain gets excited, and the brain’s reward system gets activated.
The brain releases dopamine, a chemical that signals that a positive experience just occurred.
People like dessert so much because the brain rewards us when we have a bowl of ice cream.
Hence, it is more likely for us to carry out that action and have another bowl.
You do not have to be a professionally trained pastry chef to prepare your own scrumptious desserts.
There are thousands of blogs and how-to videos out there that can help you manifest the dessert of your dreams.
What is your favorite dessert? Be sure to let us know in the comments.