These disappear quotes list several reasons people might want to escape… including ways they do, like reading a good book.
Do you ever feel you just want to disappear?
Tell us your favorite disappear quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these disappear quotes?
Some of these quotes about disappearing also make perfect Instagram quotes for many situations.
Of course, few of us actually want to leave and disappear, but that happens.
There are many specific things people wish they could make disappear, like:
While we wish it would be as easy as doing a magic trick and yelling abracadabra, it doesn’t work that way.
So what does work?
Being kind and showing others empathy is a good way to start.
Keep reading for more disappear quotes and interesting viewpoints.
This article about escapism might also shed some light on why people want to disappear.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Short disappear quotes that are perfect for Instagram
Take these quotes and pair them with a photo; you have a perfect Instagram post! See which of these is your favorite.
1. “A trend is exactly that, and it’s going to disappear.” — Chuck Schuldiner
2. “I gotta make money – it all tends to disappear in this field.” — Josh Brolin
3. “If I could make anything disappear, it would be hate.” — Michael Jackson
4. “Throw off those chains of reason and your prison disappears.” — Neil Peart
5. “Facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes.” — Jawaharlal Nehru
6. “Controversies will disappear once you have a task and a mission.” — Pinarayi Vijayan
7. “You have to hurry up if you want to see something, everything disappears.” — Paul Cezanne
8. “Actually, your soul and mine are the same. We appear and disappear with each other.” — Rumi
9. “Oppression doesn’t disappear just because you decided not to teach us that chapter.” — Clint Smith
10. “What really keeps me going is the constant belief that it could all disappear tomorrow.” — Phil Donahue
Disappear quotes about magic and mysteries of life
Disappearing and magic go hand in hand. Enjoy the collection of quotes below.
11. “Our lives are written in disappearing ink.” — Michelle Cliff
12. “I don’t like magic – but I have been known to make guys disappear.” — Mr. T
13. “Language is magic: it makes things appear and disappear.” — Nicole Brossard
14. “Magic trick: to make people disappear, ask them to fulfill their promises.” — Mason Cooley
15. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” — John Quincy Adams
16. “Doing the right thing for someone else was like a tonic for me; it was like some magic ointment that made a wound disappear.” — Susie Bright
17. “I think it’s better to burn out than to fade away… it’s better to live out your days being very, very active – even if it destroys you – than to quietly… disappear.” — Ahmet Ertegun
18. “A universe that came from nothing in the big bang will disappear into nothing at the big crunch. Its glorious few zillion years of existence, not even a memory.” — Paul Davies
19. “Watching a peaceful death of a human being reminds us of a falling star; one of a million lights in a vast sky that flares up for a brief moment only to disappear into the endless night forever.” — Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Disappear quotes that are deep and powerful
We have some great quotes in this collection for those who like to dive a little deeper. Look and see which makes you think the most.
20. “But everyone disappears, no matter who loves them.” — Dave Eggers
21. “Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.” — Desiderius Erasmus
22. “Empires dissolve and peoples disappear, song passes not away.” — William Watson
23. “Problems will disappear as darkness disappears with the onset of light.” — Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
24. “When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” — Mark Twain
25. “Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough.” — Earl Wilson
26. “Four-fifths of all our troubles would disappear, if we would only sit down and keep still.” — Calvin Coolidge
27. “Something opens our wings. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness.” — Rumi
28. “I don’t believe in death. I just don’t think all that love and all that energy can just disappear into nothing.” — Tricky
29. “In a sense, habits never really disappear. Once formed, they always remain in our neurology.” — Charles Duhigg
30. “Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.” — John Dryden
31. “If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos.” — E. O. Wilson
32. “Some people have a mistaken idea that all thoughts disappear through meditation and we enter a state of blankness. There certainly are times of great tranquility when concentration is strong and we have few, if any, thoughts. But other times, we can be flooded with memories, plans or random thinking. It’s important not to blame yourself.” — Sharon Salzberg
The power of books and stories to help you disappear quotes
Sometimes we just want a distraction from our real lives. These quotes about books and stories show their power to temporarily help your reality disappear.
33. “I always loved having the chance to disappear in a story. I always was kind of obsessed with that.” — Liya Kebede
34. “I think one of the reasons that I like fiction versus nonfiction is that I myself can kind of disappear from the story.” — Celeste Ng
35. “I think if characters change too much, it’s unrealistic; their whole fabric of who they are as a person doesn’t just disappear.” — Theodore Melfi
36. “Books were this wonderful escape for me because I could open a book and disappear into it, and that was the only way out of that house when I was a kid.” — Dean Koontz
37. “I just love the idea that people disappear into the story for a while. You grab a book, and you want to get back to it, and your life becomes a bit of an interruption.” — Bernard Beckett
38. “I don’t think of literary novels as self-help documents, although literature undoubtedly saved my life when I was young, enabling me to disappear into all manner of stories, to recognise feelings that I felt alone in.” — Bill Clegg
39. “But the vast majority of books ever written are not accessible to anyone except the most tenacious researchers at premier academic libraries. Books written after 1923 quickly disappear into a literary black hole.” — Sergey Brin
Sometimes people want to disappear quotes (and sometimes they don’t)
Disappearing is nice when you want to disappear, but it isn’t good when it wasn’t your choice. Check out the quotes below.
40. “It wasn’t necessarily my choice to disappear.” — Terence Trent D’Arby
41. “My escape is to just get in a boat and disappear on the water.” — Carl Hiaasen
42. “I feel most at home in the water. I disappear. That’s where I belong.” — Michael Phelps
43. “One mistake and all this attention may just disappear one fine day. So I prefer to remain grounded.” — Pankaj Tripathi
44. “Some people, it seems to me, would like for me to crawl in a hole and disappear forever. That’s just not in my nature.” — Jayson Blair
45. “I’m actually quite a shy person and it’s becoming clearer to me. Sometimes I would like to disappear, maybe only for an hour.” — Aldous Harding
46. “There were moments when I really just thought, I don’t need anything and I don’t need anyone. I just want to go away and disappear.” — Shania Twain
47. “I feel I’m anonymous in my work. When I look at the pictures, I never see myself; they aren’t self-portraits. Sometimes I disappear.” — Cindy Sherman
48. “It was very natural for me to want to disappear into a dark theater, I am really very shy. That is something that people never seem to fully grasp because, when you are an actor, you are meant to be an exhibitionist.” — Nicole Kidman
49. “I think one of the coolest things you can do is disappear for a while, because it gives you the chance to re-emerge. To sort of pounce out of the jungle.” — Josh Homme
50. “It’s easy to give up, and that’s the one thing we cannot do. That’s what gives me a reason for working: to leave people with a little more courage, with a little hope that has been nourished. Even if, of course, it’s going to disappear, whatever touches one isn’t lost forever.” — Peter Brook
Live a life you don’t want to disappear from
As evidenced by the disappear quotes, it is normal to want a short and temporary escape.
However, if you constantly need to run away from your life, ask yourself some tough questions.
What do you want in life, and what about your current life doesn’t fit your vision?
It is important to see for your life so that you stay on the right path.
Having a map to guide you will help you know which opportunities to say yes or no to.
If something does not move you closer to your goal, it is ok to accept that it is not for you.
If relationships in your life, romantic or otherwise, are draining your energy then it might also be time to evaluate those.
Does your partner support your goals and ambitions? Do they trust and respect you?
The bottom line is that if you truly are dissatisfied with your life, you have the power to change it!
Certainly, it will take introspection, hard work, choices, and change.
Doing this work will be a much better use of time than trying to disappear!
What other tips do you have for living a life you don’t want to escape from?
Share on social media and post in the comment section below.