The disloyal quotes listed below can be associated with almost every relationship.
Disloyalty isn’t just linked to marriage or relationships between couples.
Knowing about the signs of disloyalty is essential to identify a disloyal person before you enter into a serious relationship with him/her.
In addition to presenting you with a collection of the best disloyal quotes, we have also discussed disloyalty and its visible signs.
So, let’s see what we got here!
What is Disloyalty?
To put it simply, disloyalty is an act of betrayal that shatters the trust between relationships.
For instance, disloyalty among a married couple violates allegiance or lack of fidelity.
Disloyalty in friendship is slightly different, as disloyal friends won’t care about you even if you need them badly.
Disloyal people just give importance to what benefits them, and anything else is secondary.
Signs of Disloyalty
No doubt, there is a disloyal character almost everywhere around us.
Therefore, it’s imperative to be careful when starting a new relationship with someone.
If you wonder how to judge whether someone is loyal to you, here are a few of the most common signs of a disloyal person.
- The first sign of disloyal people is related to their narcissistic behavior, as they always put themselves before anyone else.
- A disloyal person won’t encourage you ever; instead, such a person would try to surround you with negativity and pessimistic thoughts.
- Disloyal people have one thing in common, and that is backbiting.
- Individuals with disloyal behaviors continue to say hurtful things without even caring about the feelings of the people around them.
- Apology is a word that doesn’t exist in the dictionary of disloyal people.
- Disloyal people are fair-weather friends, which means you won’t find them around when you are facing the hardest times of your life.
- An individual with disloyal behavior tends to be a habitual liar, so you can’t expect the truth from a disloyal person.
- Staying within each other’s boundaries is the key to a long-lasting relationship but disloyal people don’t hesitate to cross their boundaries.
Top 10 Disloyal Quotes
These disloyal quotes are the top of the line, making them worthy of sharing with your friends and family.
1. “A disloyal friend is no friend.” — Wayne Gerard Trotman
2. “We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.” — Edward R. Murrow
3. “Men were notorious for their acts of disloyalty.” — Margaret Way
4. “Scientific truth is beyond loyalty and disloyalty.” — Isaac Asimov
5. “Adherence to men is often disloyalty to principles.” — John Taylor of Caroline
6. “Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.” — Shami Chakrabarti
7. “Loyalty in a free society depends upon the toleration of disloyalty.” — Alan Barth
8. “Let it be said: Loyalty to the New World Order is disloyalty to the Republic.” — Pat Buchanan
9. “God hates it when we stir up strife, disloyalty, or contention among His people.” — Nancy Leigh DeMoss
10. “Let America realize that self-scrutiny is not treason. Self-examination is not disloyalty.” — Richard Cushing
Disloyal Quotes that are InstaWorthy
These disloyal quotes are neither too short nor too long, making them a great choice for sharing via Instagram.
11. “If one is seeking reasons for disloyalty, it is useful to find something one can resent.” — John Christopher
12. “It isn’t only the discomfort of disloyalty I feel, it’s the fact of utter disappearance after death.” — Robin Black
13. “The dragons of twentieth-century life are ignorance, incompetence, slackness, and disloyalty, she said.” — Kate Grenville
14. “Independence is loyalty to one’s best self and principles, and this is often disloyalty to the general idols and fetishes.” — Mark Twain
15. “For right is right since God is God and right the day must win. To doubt would be disloyalty, to falter would be sin.” — Frederick William Faber
16. “There’s no reason to think that you’ll be capable of loyalty to a diet until you address your basic disloyalty toward yourself.” — Marianne Williamson
17. “Wealth comes from industry and from the hard experience of human toil. To dissipate it in waste and extravagance is disloyalty to humanity.” — Calvin Coolidge
18. “If all we’ve got to look forward to is disloyalty and treachery, why do we even make friends? Again, human nature. Hoping for the best is what drives us.” — Gena Showalter
19. “Oh, this time I was doing the gossiping. You should really dismiss me for disloyalty, not to mention the disrespect I’m showing right now by talking to you like this.” — Jayne Bauling
20. “We can become great in the eyes of others, but we’ll never become successful when we compromise our character and show disloyalty toward friends or teammates.” — John Wooden
Disloyal Quotes you can’t Ignore
The disloyal quotes listed here are so exciting and engaging that ignoring them is the least you could do.
21. “The finest proof of our loyalty toward one another was our monstrous disloyalties towards everyone else.” — Alain de Botton
22. “Disloyalty in trusted servants is one of the most disheartening things that can happen to a public performer.” — Harry Houdini
23. “But for disloyalty to her husband a wife is censured among men, and, in her next life she is born in the womb of a jackal and tormented by diseases, the punishment of her sin.” — Guru Nanak
24. “Never be frightened! Be fearless! There is no room for fear. Fear is death, fear is sin, fear is hell, fear is adharma and fear is disloyalty. All delusions emanate from this evil called fear.” — Asaram
25. “I see a lot of disloyalty around. I’m very loyal to people and that supersedes, frankly, party lines. But I’m very, very loyal to people and I’m also very loyal to people that I think are good for the country.” — Donald Trump
26. “Begin each day by telling yourself: Today I shall be meeting with interference, ingratitude, insolence, disloyalty, ill-will, and selfishness – all of them due to the offender’s ignorance of what is good or evil.” — Marcus Aurelius
27. “Every clique is a refuge for incompetence. It fosters corruption and disloyalty, it begets cowardice and consequently is a burden upon and a drawback to the progress of the country. Its instincts and actions are those of the pack.” — Soong May-ling
28. “It was the king’s army, the king’s people, the king’s taxes; and he who questioned the propriety of the royal prerogative of taking from his people without return or accounting, was reckoned, and felt himself to be, a criminal, guilty of the highest crime of disloyalty.” — John Buchanan Robinson
29. “Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.” — Patrick Henry
30. “Lovers cannot imagine any opposition, no matter how small, to the beloved. They cannot endure to see the beloved veiled by something that causes Him to be forgotten. Moreover, lovers regard as futile any speech, not about the beloved, and any act not related to Him as ingratitude and disloyalty.” — Fethullah Gulen
Disloyal Quotes for Learning a Lesson
Even if you haven’t faced disloyal behavior, the quotes below are inspiring enough to help you learn a priceless lesson.
31. “It is the height of disloyalty to pray for God’s will to be done, and then fail to conform our lives to that will.” — David O. McKay
32. “Invariably, micromanaging results in four problems: deceit, disloyalty, conflict, and communication problems.” — John Rosemond
33. “All known societies embrace the virtues of truthfulness, integrity, loyalty, fairness; none explicitly endorse falsehood, dishonesty, disloyalty, gross inequity.” — Howard Gardner
34. “Self-censorship, the most important and most successful form of censorship, is rampant. Debate is identified with dissent, which is in turn identified with disloyalty.” — Susan Sontag
35. “You must work well with others and be loyal to your team. Disloyalty is the worst of all traits. I seldom use the words “You’re fired!” in business, unless somebody is really scum and stole from me.” — Donald Trump
36. “We can’t have any weak or silly. Life is real again, and the useless and cumbersome, and mischievous have to die. They ought to die. They ought to be willing to die. It’s a sort of disloyalty, after all, to live and taint the race.” — H. G. Wells
37. “History is so full of high-level intelligence officials who actually worked for the other side that one is forced to conclude that whether or not top intelligence jobs attract the disloyal, they surely offer incentives to disloyalty.” — Angelo Codevilla
38. “By the same token, the new and stringent Ultramontanism on the Catholic Left – in which even the mildest questions about how things are working in this pontificate are denounced as treasonous disloyalty.” — George Weigel
39. “We have to accept that the people we love do not love us, or not in the way we hope. We have to accept betrayal and disloyalty, and, hardest of all, that someone is finer than we are in character or intelligence.” — Sándor Márai
40. “The very good people didn’t convince me; I felt they’d never been tempted. But you knew; you understood; you had felt the world outside tugging at one with all its golden hands — and yet you hated the things it asks of one; you hated happiness bought by disloyalty and cruelty and indifference.” — Edith Wharton
Other Interesting Disloyal Quotes
Here are the last 10 disloyal quotes from our collection. These quotes are worthy of being liked and shared.
41. “There’s the most resistance to an actor singing. It’s like I’m being disloyal to my industry.” — Kevin Bacon
42. “I love make-up so much, but I’m a bit rubbish at skincare; I’m really disloyal and never stick to one thing.” — Poppy Delevingne
43. “If you are pro love, you have to be a little bit disloyal to the romantic feelings that propel you in the early days.” — Alain de Botton
44. “What is a disloyal act? A person is disloyal if he treats you as a stranger when, in fact, he belongs to you as a friend or partner.” — Lewis B. Smedes
45. “In fiction, you are not limited by real facts. You can manipulate reality; you can invent without being disloyal to the essence of history.” — Mario Vargas Llosa
46. “Do I sometimes wish I were thinner? God, in the old days, absolutely I did, but now I feel that to lose weight would be disloyal to myself.” — Ashley Graham
47. “Every effort to confine Americanism to a single pattern, to constrain it to a single formula, is disloyalty to everything that is valid in Americanism.” — Henry Steele Commager
48. “I adored my birth father and constantly worried that I was being disloyal to him and his schoolteacher roots if I spent too much time performing and enjoying it.” — Julie Andrews
49. “Parliament is a tribal place. So the most difficult thing is to be labelled disloyal, even if you think you are standing up for a principle. The rejection is quite strong.” — Sam Gyimah
50. “It is a distortion, with something profoundly disloyal about it, to picture the human being as a teetering, fallible contraption, always needing watching and patching, always on the verge of flapping to pieces.” — Lewis Thomas
51. “I don’t sound disloyal, but I’ve never had a pair of Marvel pajamas or underwear. I do have a lot of Marvel figurines at home in a cabinet. Every time they make a new Marvel figure I put it in my cabinet.” — Stan Lee
52. “You cannot get me to be disloyal to a friend. You just can’t do it. Loyalty is a part of what “I live by. I didn’t say I was going to be loyal to my friend because he was right. I’m going to be loyal to my friend because he’s my friend.” — Jim Brown
53. “A dim antagonism gathered force within him and darkened his mind as a cloud against her disloyalty: and when it passed, cloudlike, leaving his mind serene and dutiful towards her again, he was made aware dimly and without regret of a first noiseless sundering of their lives.” — James Joyce
Which of these Disloyal Quotes is your Favorite?
The quotes above are from famous figures around the world.
So, which one of the above disloyal quotes and sayings is your favorite?
If you like our collection, share some of your favorites in the comment section below.
December 20, 2022 7:32 AM EST