These Marianne Williamson quotes will awaken the deepest love inside of your heart and mind!
What is life without love?
Marianne Williamson is a best-selling author, spiritual teacher and lecturer known all around the world.
As of late she has stepped into politics after doing decades of social work and even creating her own non-profit organizations.
She is most known for her legendary book, “A Return to Love”, which chronicles her journey through life, love and miracles.
Marianne has been on Larry King, Oprah, Charlie Rose and Good Morning America and has even been named one of the worlds 50 Most Influential Women.
It’s a pleasure to share her work here on Everyday Power!
Here are some of our favorite Marianne Williamson quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life
Marianne Williamson Quotes on Self Love, Fear and Acceptance!
This might be her most popular one:
1. “In the absence of love, we began slowly but surely to fall apart.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Remember that love does not just mean romantic love. You will be ok without a significant other as long as you have the love of your support system. The one kind of love that will cause you to fall apart without it is self-love. You have to be able to love yourself in order to achieve the life you want to.
You will also enjoy our article on forgiveness quotes.
2. “Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Gratitude for the good things in our life will always bring joy. Even if it is just the joy of waking up in the morning. You are alive and each day is a new day to become who you were meant to be. Be grateful and recognize the gifts we receive everyday, and joy will come!
You will also enjoy our article on fear quotes.
3. “You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.”
― Marianne Williamson
You will also enjoy our article on everything happens for a reason quotes.
4. “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: It has been said that holding onto anger directed at another human is like eating poison. You are not hurting them by holding onto your hurt and anger, but rather are hurting yourself. Forgiving someone else doesn’t mean you have to accept them back into your life. It just means you are not out there running around carrying the burdens of anger while you interact with other people.
5. “You need not apologize for being brilliant, talented, gorgeous, rich, or smart.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Never apologize for being you! There is only one you and you have amazing qualities. Let them show and you can humbly make changes to yourself and the world around you.
6. “When a woman rises up in glory, her energy is magnetic and her sense of possibility contagious.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Women have been told for centuries that we have no power. However, occasionally, we recognize our strength and rise up to our full potential. Many women have used their energy to change the world, long before the world was ready to accept them. They have left the sense of possibility in the hearts and minds of the rest of us.
7. “Each of us has a unique part to play in the healing of the world.”― Marianne Williamson
8. “May I be, this day, an instrument of love and healing.” ― Marianne Williamson
9. “Spiritual progress is like a detoxification.”― Marianne Williamson
10. “And no one will listen to us until we listen to ourselves.”― Marianne Williamson
11. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Don’t hide how special or unique you are. That light inside you deserves to shine. It can be scary to accept that we are meant for great things, but each of us is truly destined to be our best selves.
12. “Love in your mind produces love in your life. This is the meaning of heaven. Fear in your mind produces fear in your life. This is the meaning of hell.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: When we love ourselves and speak kindly to ourselves, we rediscover our worth. This type of love is essential for good things in our life to flourish. Fear holds us back and traps us where we are. Looking at this, it is easy to see how self-love can feel like heaven, and being lost to our fears can feel like hell.
Marianne Williamson quotes on love and fear
13. “Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us.”― ― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Our past teaches us to fear things like judgement, shame, and failure. Love helps us remember that other people’s responses are a reflection of their own fear and pasts. Learn to use love to overcome your doubts, and you will have a new sense of meaning in your life.
14. “We are not held back by the love we didn’t receive in the past, but by the love we’re not extending in the present.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: You can not do anything about the love that was denied to you in the past. It can be hurtful, traumatizing, and will likely take some therapy to help you get through it. However, what you can do right now is extend love to those around you. It doesn’t have to be romantic love. It can be grace, kindness, and support for your friends and family.
15. “Until we have seen someone’s darkness, we don’t really know who they are. Until we have forgiven someone’s darkness, we don’t really know what love is.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: People are made up of both light and dark. The full spectrum of human nature lives in all of us, so of course, you can not really know someone until you see all of them! Forgiving someone else is an essential part of love as well, so don’t hold grudges.
16. “No conventional therapy can release us from a deep and abiding psychic pain. Through prayer we find what we cannot find elsewhere: a peace that is not of this world.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Prayer is a powerful tool. It helps us find peace, reconcile our thoughts, and strengthens us through our faith. Prayer also helps develop a relationship with God and helps the faithful have a better understanding of God.
17. “When we think we have things already figured out, we’re not teachable. Genuine insight can’t dawn on a mind that’s not open to receive it.” ― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: There is always something that we can learn. Sometimes, you might learn something new about yourself. Other times, you might learn meet someone who gives you a new perspective. However, if you are not open to accepting that there are things you do not know, then it is next to impossible to learn anything, which is truly a waste!
Marianne Williamson quotes to inspire and teach
18. “We don’t know how to be women because we were taught it was not OK to be girls. Our most natural impulses were thwarted and distorted.”
― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Think about the qualities that are associated with being a powerful woman. Qualities like confidence, being successful, courageous, and talented might come to mind. These are qualities, that until recently, did not fit the ideal “girl.” They were supposed to be made of sugar, spice, and everything nice. However, women are also capable of being ambitious, self-reliant, and passionate!
19. “There is a plan for each of us, and each of us is precious. As we open our hearts more and more, we’re moved in the directions in which we’re supposed to go.”
― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Does everything happen for a reason? Is it part of a big plan? Or is it a matter of perspective? When things happen do certain people look for the positive and create it? Check out this article for more on whether or not things happen for a reason!
Marianne Williamson quotes that will change the way you think
20. “And the more open your heart, the more miracles you’ll receive. For miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. When you choose to love, you choose to work miracles.”― Marianne Williamson
21. “Whatever it is you choose to think, your subconscious mind takes it very seriously and your experience will reflect your thinking.”― Marianne Williamson
22. “It takes courage…to endure the sharp pains of self-discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Self-discovery can be a painful process because it means we have to tap into the dark parts of ourselves. We have to revisit the behaviors and habits that we have been cultivating. Change is not easy. However, the if the choice is between growth and truth or staying in state of inauthenticity, choose the pain of growth.
23. “Success means we go to sleep at night knowing that our talents and abilities were used in a way that served others.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Success means something different for everyone. However, knowing that your unique self helped others is empowering. The idea that your thoughts, experiences, talents, and words can impact the lives of those around us is powerful. Use your power!
24. “The way of the miracle-worker is to see all human behavior as one two things: either love, or a call for love.”― Marianne Williamson
Marianne Williamson quotes to broaden your thoughts
25. “Children are happy because they don’t have a file in their minds called “All the Things That Could Go Wrong.”― Marianne Williamson
26. “Nothing binds you except your thoughts; nothing limits you except your fear; and nothing controls you except your beliefs.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: Your thoughts have the power to shape every choice you make, binding you to your past and keeping you from a meaningful present. The only limits in our lives are the ones we place on ourselves, usually because we are afraid to believe in ourselves and reach our potential. Think about your beliefs…how much of your life do they control. Get to know your thoughts better and understand where they come from. Do the same with your fears and be honest. Examine your beliefs and see if how you want to live your life is in alignment.
27. “We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what’s wrong in our life, or we can focus on what’s right.”― Marianne Williamson
Everyday Application: The way we think about things is a choice. Humans are wired to remember the negative events more. It is an revolutionary tactic meant to help us stay safe from predators. However, you have the choice to choose to practice gratitude and look at the positive.
28. “When a woman conceives her true self, a miracle occurs and life around her begins again.”― Marianne Williamson
29. “Every ending is a new beginning. Through the grace of God, we can always start again.”― Marianne Williamson
30. “To be a princess is to play at life. To be a queen is to be a serious player…The purpose of life as a woman is to ascend to the throne and rule with heart.”― Marianne Williamson
Marianne Williamson quotes that will change you
31. “There is no single effort more radical in its potential for saving the world than a transformation of the way we raise our children.”― Marianne Williamson
32. “The only thing missing in any situation is that in which you are not giving.”― Marianne Williamson
33. “Spiritual growth involves giving up the stories of your past so the universe can write a new one.”― Marianne Williamson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of spiritual quotes to help you feel connected to a higher power.
34. “When we attach value to things that aren’t love—the money, the car, the house, the prestige—we are loving things that can’t love us back. We are searching for meaning in the meaningless.”― Marianne Williamson
35. “If a train doesn’t stop at your station, then it’s not your train.”― Marianne Williamson
36. “There is no Mr. Right because there is no Mr. Wrong. There is whoever is in front of us, and the perfect lessons to be learned from that person.”― Marianne Williamson
37. “Thought is Cause; experience is Effect. If you don’t like the effects in your life, you have to change the nature of your thinking.”― Marianne Williamson
More Marianne Williamson quotes and sayings
38. “Always be open to new beginnings. To the universe, every moment is the start of the next big thing in your life.” – Marianne Williamson
39. “Every decision you make reflects your evaluation of who you are.” –
40. “The only way the past can drag you back is if you choose to bring it with you into the present.” – Marianne Williamson
41. “Imagine the most outrageously positive possibility for your life, claim it, and consider it done.” – Marianne Williamson
42. “I have lived enough to know great things will unfold for me externally only if I allow them to unfold for me internally.” – Marianne Williamson
43. “You get to decide what energy you choose to download in any moment. No one but you gets to decide who you wish to be.” – Marianne Williamson
44. “The one good thing about failure is that it makes you consider doing things a different way.” – Marianne Williamson
45. “The reason so many of us are obsessed with becoming stars is because we are not yet starring in our own lives. The cosmic spotlight isn’t pointed at you, it radiates from within you.” – Marianne Williamson
46. “Think of your work-life, therefore, not as separate from your spiritual life but as central to your spiritual life. Whatever your business, it is your ministry.” – Marianne Williamson
47. “We shouldn’t use our own upset as an excuse for not helping.” – Marianne Williamson