Lessons and Wisdom from Selfish People Quotes
August 27, 2022 5:00 AM EST
We don’t like it when we see selfishness in other people, but we often overlook it in ourselves.
These selfish people quotes will shine a light on it all.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Being selfish is one of the nastiest human characteristics one might have, a behavior often linked to cruelty, greed, and entitlement.
Lack of empathy is also one of the root causes of selfishness, sometimes ranging as far as the cold manipulation of a psychopath.
In essence, selfish people only care about themselves and getting their way and what they want.
They can be excessively self-absorbed and narcissistic.
No wonder no one likes to hang out with selfish people.
They think the world revolves around them and that their own needs and desires are the only important things.
But yes, while many of us are quick to point out selfishness in other people, we often ignore it in ourselves and justify our own selfish tendencies.
Let these selfish people quotes remind us to be a little bit more selfless and self-aware.
Don’t forget to also check out these ego quotes examining pride, confidence and purpose.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Thought-provoking selfish people quotes
1. “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on ambition quotes.
2. “Selfish people are in a way terribly capable of great loves.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
You will also enjoy our article on ungrateful quotes.
3. “We are selfish but be wise selfish rather than foolish, self-sided selfish.” — Dalai Lama
You will also enjoy our article on love yourself quotes.
4. “We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive.” ― Lord Byron
You will also enjoy our article on toxic people quotes.
5. “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” – Napoleon Hill
You will also enjoy our article on greed quotes.
6. “Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish.” — Richard Dawkins
You will also enjoy our article on say no quotes.
7. “Selfish people tend to only be good to themselves… then are surprised when they are alone.” – Steve Maraboli
You will also enjoy our article on self care quotes.
8. “Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles.” – Harry S. Truman
You will also enjoy our article on be real quotes.
9. “Every experiment, by multitudes or by individuals, that has a sensual and selfish aim, will fail.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on trust issues quotes.
10. “The only difference between a hero and the villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people.” — Chadwick Boseman
What did you learn from these selfish people quotes?
Selfish people can be toxic and tough to deal with.
They’re so focused on themselves that they become downright oblivious to what’s happening around them.
You will also enjoy our article on booker t washington quotes.
Selfish people can be abrasive and emotionally draining.
The best thing you can do for your own sanity is to avoid them or just limit your time with them if they’re inescapable somehow (e.g. immediate family members).
Guilty of being selfish?
Understand that selfishness is not sustainable.
If you enjoyed these selfish people quotes, check out our generosity quotes for a nice and cool contrast.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these selfish people quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other insightful quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.