Let go of the weight with our Dr. Now quotes!
Dr. Now has been impacting the lives of people who need help for decades.
Learn more about this passionate man of medicine with our Dr. Now quotes below.
Who is Dr. Now?
Dr. Now is short for Dr. Nowzaradan.
Younan Nowzaradan is a doctor, surgeon, author, and television personality.
With many, many years of experience, he has worked his way to the top of this field.
Check out these interesting Dr. Now facts:
- Dr. Now is an Assyrian who was born in Iran.
- People from all over the country seek his wisdom to help them shed weight.
- He graduated from the University of Tehran and completed his surgical internship at St. John Hospital.
What is My 600lb Life?
The premise behind My 600lb Life involves morbidly obese people who struggle with their weight.
Dr. Now comes up with unique programs to cater to their weight loss journey’s mental and physical needs.
Dr. Now made a name for himself as a professional working in different parts of the country.
After many years of helping morbidly obese people lose weight, he caught the eye of producers who wanted to create a show chronicling their experience.
The show was an instant hit.
Viewers responded well to seeing middle-class Americans struggle with their weight.
What does Dr. Now say is the hardest part of losing weight?
Dr. Now has been vocal about what his patients struggle with the most.
He notes, “Many refuse to admit they have any emotional compulsions or compulsive psychological disorders driving them to overeat.”
He has shared that the physical aspect of losing weight is not the most challenging part.
Dr. Now says his patients develop emotional impulses and psychological compulsions that cause them to eat nonstop.
He stressed the importance of familial support sharing, “Family support determines who finds success and who does not.”
Weight loss can be difficult, but Dr. Now believes everyone can do it.
To learn more, check out our Dr. Now quotes below.
Short Dr. Now quotes about the importance of family support
Dr. Now knows that family support dramatically increases success.
1. “Family support determines who finds success and who does not.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
2. “If they don’t have [family support], it’s almost impossible for them to be successful in the long term.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
3. “Having a supportive family for patients on a weight loss journey is an important component to their success.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
4. “Families can make or break success.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
5. “Families can either be enablers or encouragers.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
The top Dr. Now quotes about receiving and providing help
Help is a powerful four-letter word that motivates Dr. Now.
6. “There have been a few patients I felt I could no longer help.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
7. “If they won’t stick to the program, at some point, I can longer help them.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
8. “[People who refuse help] are taking resources from someone else who needs it.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
9. “They are the patient because they need help, and it’s my job to help them no matter what.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
10. “I can only help people who want to be helped.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
Famous Dr. Now quotes about not giving up on people and hard work
Dr. Now must often deal with the disappointment of people quitting on their health.
11. “My job is not to get aggravated.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
12. “There are times where I think it’s necessary for some tough love.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
13. “My job is to find a way to motivate them to work hard to get to their goals.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
14. “It’s a daily challenge to work with some patients that can be self-destructive.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
15. “I have to be stern with them, so I show some of my concern and frustration.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
Dr. Now quotes and sayings about difficult patients
Dr. Now has to deal with people who have very limiting belief systems.
16. “We get them to see and address those issues that will lead to long-term success for them.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
17. “So they either have to change their dynamic with those enablers or separate from them if they want to succeed.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
18. “However, once we removed the physical compulsion to eat with weight loss surgery, we have our best window.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
19. “Many refuse to admit they have any emotional compulsions or compulsive psychological disorders driving them to overeat.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
20. “It’s also almost impossible for them to be successful in the long term unless they remove those people from their environment.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
The best Dr. Now quotes for reclaiming your health
We close with these passionate quotes from Dr. Now.
21. “Not just physical can be the biggest obstacle for change with patients.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
22. “Severe obesity is a complex physical and psychological condition with many components.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
23. “Even during those times, my job is to find a way to work with them to get their weight to a healthy place.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
24. “I will always be available if they need me.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
25. “Not realizing how much of their struggle is psychological.” — Dr. Nowzaradan
Everyone is capable of losing unwanted weight
Dr. Now is passionate about helping people reclaim their health.
He believes that everyone is capable of getting healthy.
With hard work and dedication, healthy weight loss is possible for anyone and everyone.
What is your favorite Dr. Now quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments!