Rise and shine with these good morning quotes that were crafted to help you set the stage for a beautiful day.
Let the vibrant colors of a blossoming garden dance in harmony with the inspiring words of Robert Frost.
These are the scenes that signal a new beginning and inspire a good morning for me.
With each carefully selected quote, we invite you to awaken to the splendor of every morning, embracing its limitless possibilities.
Get ready to bask in the glow of inspiration and step into a day brimming with beauty and possibility, and make every morning a good one with these good morning messages!
The benefits of reading good morning quotes
How we begin our day sets a tone for how our entire day will go – so we want to wake up on a positive note.
Research by the University of Pennsylvania shows that starting every morning with positive affirmations can improve happiness and productivity and help you make the days count.
These good morning messages will:
- allow you to wake up with inspiring words about success and failure
- help you become more of a morning person
- create perfect good morning captions for Instagram and others to wake up to
- help you rise and shine with a positive mindset that lasts and boosts creativity and productivity
Below is a list of over 100 good morning quotes to start your morning off right!
Best Good Morning Quotes
A good morning routine that incorporates gratitude and positivity increases motivation and promotes happiness and self-love.
The quotes below will help you arise in the morning with some positivity!
1. “Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” — Winston Churchill
2. “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” — Zig Ziglar
3. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” — Steve Jobs
4. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” — Henry Ford
5. “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” — Grandma Moses
6. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” — Beverly Sills
7. “Dream big and dare to fail.” — Norman Vaughan
Inspiring Good Morning Quotes
A study by the Huffington Post reported that 70% of respondents felt happier after receiving good morning messages.
Sending a simple message of encouragement to your best friend, family member, or colleague can have a significant impact on their mood and help them have a good morning!
8. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” — Confucius
9. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” — Farrah Gray
10. “I would rather die of passion than of boredom.” — Vincent van Gogh
11. “Rise up, start fresh, see the bright opportunity in each day.” — Unknown
12. “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” — Jamie Paolinetti
Good Morning Quotes on Overcoming
Forgo the morning paper and have a good morning with some inspiring and motivating quotes instead.
13. “Challenges are what make life interesting, and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” — Joshua J. Marine
14. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” — Les Brown
15. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” — Sheryl Sandberg
17. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” — Lao Tzu
18. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see.” — Confucius
20. “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”— Aristotle
21. “The best revenge is massive success.” — Frank Sinatra
22. Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is. — Vince Lombardi
23. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” — Steve Jobs
Good Morning Quotes for Positivity
24. “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” — John Lennon
25. “Just know, when you truly want success, you’ll never give up on it. No matter how bad the situation may get.” — Unknown
26. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.”— Denis Waitley
27. “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.”— Albert Einstein
28. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” —Jack Canfield
Quotes for Morning People
Hit that alarm clock and arise in the morning to these motivating quotes!
29. “Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.” — Larry Winget
30. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” — Carl Bard
31. “I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do.” — Lucas (Rory Cochrane, Empire Records)
33. “Morning is a song that succeeds the music of dawn…” ― Saurav Somani
34. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” — Judy Garland
35. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” — Henry S. Haskins
Good Morning Messages
These good morning quotes are inspiring to read when your morning starts!
Rise and shine with these positive words to ensure a good morning.
36. “Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stressed; working hard for something we love is called passion.” — Simon Sinek
37. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Eliot
38. “The best way to predict the future is to invent it.” — Alan Kay
39. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.”— Napoleon Hill
40. “An obstacle is often a stepping stone.” — William Prescott
41. “You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give.” — Winston Churchill
42. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” — Lao Tzu
43. “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
44. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”— Gandhi
46. “The best way out is always through.” — Robert Frost
47. “Make each day your masterpiece.” — John Wooden
48. “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” — Jimmy Johnson
49. “To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning.” ― Henry David Thoreau
50. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”— Will Rogers
Quotes for Each New Morning
There is just something about the morning sun and morning air that awakens the lovely morning inside all of us.
Say good morning to each new day with these words of encouragement.
51. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” — Babe Ruth
52. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” — Napoleon Hill
53. “Morning. In every morning your body needs regular activities else to discomfort feeling within you” ― Mahesh
54. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” — Frederick Douglass
56. “The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work.” — Richard Bach
57. “Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.” — Albert Einstein
58. “Do what you love, and the money will follow.” — Marsha Sinetar
59. “The harder I work, the luckier I get.” — Gary Player
60. “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” — Victor Kiam
61. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” — Dalai Lama
62. “The dreamers are the saviors of the world.” — James Allen
63. “Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” — Russell Warren
64. “If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.” — Ben Hogan
Have a Great Morning
A good morning becomes a great morning with the right reading material. Rise and shine with these inspiring quotes to have a lovely day.
65. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” — Billie Jean King
66. “Change your thoughts, and you change your world.” — Norman Vincent Peale
67. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” — Pablo Picasso
68. “If you aren’t going all the way, why go at all?” — Joe Namath
69. “Just keep going. Everybody gets better if they keep at it.” — Ted Williams
70. “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.” — Jim Rohn
71. “The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
72. “It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.” — Howard Ruff
73. “The sun is a daily reminder that we too can rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light.” — S. Ajna
74. “I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.” — J. B. Priestley
75. “God’s mercy is fresh and new every morning.” — Joyce Meyer
Inspirational Dream Quotes
Writing down your dreams every morning can help you understand your deepest desires, increase your self-love, and help you be your own best friend.
76. “Never let your memories be greater than your dreams.” — Doug Ivester
77. “Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
78. “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” — Paul Valery
79. “There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” — Denis Waitley
80. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” — Aristotle
81. “The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering the attitudes of his mind.” — William James
82. “In three words, I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on.” — Robert Frost
83. “The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.”— Joseph Joubert
84. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”— T.S. Eliot
85. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” — Oscar Wilde
Quotes to Make You a Morning Person
If you’re not already a morning person, these good morning quotes will help you rise and shine with a happy disposition
87. “I am tomorrow or some future day, what I establish today. I am today what I established yesterday or some previous day.” — James Joyce
88. “It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined.” — Henry James
89. “Every man dies. Not every man really lives.” — William Wallace
90. “Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil.” — J. Paul Getty
91. “You can wake up to a different morning every morning or to the same morning! The morning is shaped by your mind; life is shaped by your mind!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
92. “Nothing important was ever achieved without someone taking a chance.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
93. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
94. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive–to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” — Marcus Aurelius
95. “The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.” — Robert Frost
96. “In the morning, instead of saying to yourself, ‘I got to wake up,’ say ‘I get to wake up!’” —Erykah Badu
97. “Wake up when the sun is high, to sleep comfortably when evening is nigh.” — Dr. Anhad Kaur Suri
Quotes Inspiring an Early Morning Walk
Making a walk outside part of your good morning routine is shown to increase physical and mental health as well as overall happiness.
98. “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.” — Rumi
99. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” — Wayne Huizenga
100. “Morning is when I am awake, and there is a dawn in me.” — Henry David Thoreau
101. “When I wake up every morning, I thank God for the new day.” — F. Sionil Jose
102. “In the morning a man walks with his whole body; in the evening, only with his legs.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
103. “Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise.” — George Washington Carver
104. “Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.” — Mark Twain
105. “Each day is a little life: every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
106. “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.”— Henry David Thoreau
107. “Waking up this morning, I smile. 24 brand-new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
108. “Waking up early, connecting with nature, and having my quiet time are priorities to me, and they are non-negotiable.” — Danette May
Fresh Morning Quotes
A fresh new morning can almost feel like a new life.
Wake up to these good morning messages and renew your spirit every time the sun rises.
109. “I get up every morning, and it’s going to be a great day. You never know when it’s going to be over, so I refuse to have a bad day.”— Paul Henderson
110. “I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening.” — Larry King
111. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” — Marcus Aurelius
112. “Every morning, leave your worries outside your gate because that’s where they pick up the garbage! Have a worry-free day! Rise and shine.” — Bar Refaeli
113. “To simply wake up every morning a better person than when I went to bed.”— Sidney Poitier
114. “The morning wind spreads its fresh smell. We must get up and take that in, that wind that lets us live. Breathe before it’s gone.” — Rumi
115. “I wake up every morning literally with a smile on my face, grateful for another day I never thought I’d see.” — Dick Cheney
116. “Every morning we wake up is the first day of our new life.” — Unknown
117. “Morning is an important time of day because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.” — Lemony Snicket
118. “I like my coffee black and my mornings bright.” — Terri Guillemets
119. “I used to love night best but the older I get the more treasures and hope and joy I find in mornings.” — Terri Guillemets
Greet the Sunrise
Embrace each new day with the following quotes.
120. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” — William Arthur Ward
121. “Each morning, we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” — Buddha
122. “The first hour of the morning is the rudder of the day.” — Henry Ward Beecher
123. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
124. “You are not fully dressed until you wear a smile.” — Evan Esar
125. “Amateurs wait for inspiration. The real pros get up and go to work.” — Harvey Mackay
126. “If you’re changing the world, you’re working on important things. You’re excited to get up in the morning.” — Larry Page
127. “The sun has not caught me in bed in fifty years.” — Thomas Jefferson
129. “Joyful morning, good morning, good day.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
130. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” — George Horace Lorimer
Lovely Good Morning Quotes
Rise and shine with these lovely quotes, and you’re sure to have a good morning and a bright day.
131. “Every morning brings new potential, but if you dwell on the misfortunes of the day before, you tend to overlook tremendous opportunities.”— Harvey Mackay
132. “There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality.” — Anthony Robbins
133. “Human life is as evanescent as the morning dew or a flash of lightning.” — Samuel Butler
134. “We turn not older with years, but newer every day.” — Emily Dickinson
135. “The early morning has gold in its mouth.” — Benjamin Franklin
136. “Every morning was a cheerful invitation to make my life of equal simplicity, and I may say innocence, with Nature herself.” — Henry David Thoreau
137. “Every day brings new choices.” — Martha Beck
138. “My future starts when I wake up every morning.”— Miles Davis
139. “The sun just touched the morning; the morning, happy thing, supposed that he had come to dwell, and life would be all spring.” — Emily Dickinson
140. “Let today be the day you give up who you’ve been for who you can become.” — Hal Elrod
141. “The childhood shows the man, as morning shows the day.” — John Milton
142. “If you fall, fall on your back. If you can look up, you can get up.” — Les Brown
Quotes for a Cheerful Start to a New Day
Choose to start each day with a positive attitude and expect the best.
143. “Early morning cheerfulness can be extremely obnoxious.” — William Feather
144. “Today’s goals: Coffee and kindness. Maybe two coffees, then kindness.” — Unknown
145. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.”— Vince Lombardi
146. “Every day should be passed as if it were to be our last.” — Publilius Syrus
147. “Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not.” — Ursula K. Le Guin
148. “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” — Meister Eckhart
149. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”— Robert Louis Stevenson
150. “Before I leave the house, I say five things I love about myself, like ‘You have really pretty eyes.’ That way, I can go out into the world with that little bit of extra confidence.”— Jennifer Love Hewitt
151. “When you’re wide awake, say it for goodness sake, it’s gonna be a great day.” — Paul McCartney
152. “I just wanted to remind you how much your friendship means to me. Wishing you a lovely morning filled with love and happiness!” — Unknown
153. “Morning Darling, I love you; we’re going to have a really great day today.” — Louise Hay
Be Your Best Self With Each New Day
When you have a good morning, your best self naturally shines through.
These quotes are a good daily reminder of that.
154. “You can only come to the morning through the shadows.”— J.R.R. Tolkien
155. “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.”— Emily Dickinson
156. “The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn.”— William C. Hannan
157. “Get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes nothing for granted. Everything is phenomenal; everything is incredible; never treat life casually.”— Abraham Joshua Heschel
158. “If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don’t be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning ‘Good morning’ at total strangers.”— Maya Angelou
159. “Seize the day, whatever’s in it to seize, before something comes along and seizes you.”— Lloyd Alexander
160. “Today, many will choose to leave the ghost of yesterday behind and seize the immeasurable power of today. Why not you?”—Steve Maraboli
161. “When you do something beautiful, and nobody notices, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle, and yet most of the audience still sleeps.”—John Lennon
162. “He who kisses joy as it flies by will live in eternity’s sunrise.”—William Blake
163. “This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.”—Maya Angelou
164. “This day is all I have, and these hours are now my eternity. I greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who is reprieved from death.”— Og Mandino
165. “It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning.”— Gordon B. Kinkley
166. “When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every time the sun rises.”— Paulo Coelho
167. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Steve Jobs
Quotes to Rise and Shine To
Use these quotes as morning reminders to make the most out of your day.
168. “Wake up to natural light and fresh air. There is no better way to wake up” — Unknown
169. “Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” — Miles Davis
170. “If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. It’s the hard that makes it great.” — Tom Hanks
171. “Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.” — John F. Kennedy
172. “Wake up, live your life, and sing the melody of your soul.” — Amit Ray
173. “Every morning, when we wake up, we have twenty-four brand-new hours to live. What a precious gift!” — Thich Nhat Hanh
174. “Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction.” — George Lorimer
175. “I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.” — Benjamin Franklin
176. “Wake up, be grateful, make the day count.” — Unknown
177. “My zest for life depends on whether I wake up with coffee or not.” — Unknown
187. “There is a morning inside you waiting to burst open into light.” —Rumi
The Best Quote for Mornings
The following quotes will set you on the right path each morning.
188. “Good morning is not just a greeting; it’s a reminder that each new day is a blank canvas waiting for your brushstroke.” ― Terri Guillemets
189. “The morning sun whispers the promise of a brand new day, urging us to leave yesterday’s worries behind and step into the possibilities of today.” ― Rumi
190. “As the morning dew kisses the earth, let gratitude kiss your soul, for the gift of a new day is a treasure beyond measure.” ― Matt Fraser
191. “Morning is a canvas painted by the sun, where each ray of light is a brushstroke painting the sky with hues of hope and possibility.” ― Debasish Mridha
192. “The morning is a fresh start, a gift waiting to be unwrapped. Seize it with open arms and make the most of the day.” ― Amit Ray
193. “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” ― Yoko Ono
194. “You have to have a dream so you can get up in the morning.” ― Billy Wilder
195. “The light which puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star.” ― Henry David Thoreau
196. “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” —Dalai Lama
197. “Morning is wonderful. Its only drawback is that it comes at such an inconvenient time of day.” ― Glen Cook
198. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” — Mark Twain
More Morning Quotes
Here are a few morning good morning quotes that we just couldn’t leave out!
199. “Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.” — Mark Twain
200. “Life laughs at you when you are unhappy. Life smiles at you when you are happy. But, Life salutes you when you make others happy.” — Charlie Chaplin
201. “One key to success is to have lunch at the time of day most people have breakfast.” — Robert Brault
202. “May your morning be as sweet as you are, my dear friend. Have a great day ahead!” — Unknown
203. “There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.” — Bernard Williams
204. “Every morning a new sun greets us, and our new life begins.” — Marty Rubin
205. “Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful.” — Prince
206. “When the sun came up… I couldn’t tell where heaven stopped and the Earth began.” — Tom Hanks
207. “Every morning starts a new page in your story. Make it a great one today.” — Doe Zantamata
208. “What I know for sure is that every sunrise is like a new page, a chance to right ourselves and receive each day in all its glory. Each day is a wonder.” — Oprah Winfrey
209. “When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.” —Steve Maraboli
210. “Everyone has highs and lows that they have to learn from, but every morning I start off with a good head on my shoulders, saying to myself, ‘It’s going to be a good day!” — Lindsay Lohan
211. “Some people wake up energized. I wake up dead.” — James Marsden
212. “There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it.” — Mindy Kaling
213. “When I wake up in the morning, I feel like a billionaire without paying taxes.” — Ernie Banks
214. “What irritates me most of all about these morning people is their horribly good temper, as if they have been up for three hours and already conquered France.” — Timur Vermes
215. “The longest way must have its close – the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
216. “Now that your eyes are open, make the sun jealous with your burning passion to start the day. Make the sun jealous or stay in bed.” — Malak El Halabi
217. “Whether the day is for writing, designing, or painting, the consistent practice of a morning routine is the doorway into it all.” — Elle Luna
218. “Let me wake up next to you, have coffee in the morning and wander through the city with your hand in mine, and I’ll be happy for the rest of my fucked up little life.” — Charlotte Eriksson
219. “It is a serious thing – just to be alive – on this fresh morning – in this broken world.” —Mary Oliver
220. “I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.” — E. B. White
Brighten Your Morning Routine
Rise and shine with these good morning quotes for a beautiful morning and a positive mindset to make it a great day!
Pick one – or two – to read when you wake up and remind yourself that every morning is a new beginning and a chance to do something great.
A good morning routine will help you awake earlier and ensure that you always have a lovely morning.
Did you enjoy these inspiring quotes about having a good morning?
Which good morning messages resonated with you best?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share this and inspire your friends and followers to have a good morning as well.