Elderly Quotes for People of All Ages
January 6, 2023 6:00 AM EST
Keep pushing yourself with elderly quotes to stay lively, energetic, and youthful.
Climbing up the stairs, feeling aches in different parts of the body, and sitting all day long in front of the television are what the elderly routine looks like.
But there are some elderly people in our society who live life to the fullest.
Some stay active and energetic by working out, while others keep themselves busy with volunteer work.
No matter what, you could also be one of those elders who enjoy old age without cramps, jolts, and sleepless nights.
We are going to share some elderly quotes said by some famous personalities to motivate you so that you can live like a youth.
But before going straight into elderly quotes, we would like to shed light on finding meaning and happiness in old age.
Let’s get started.
Finding meaning and happiness in old age
Elderly people are more likely to lose hope, charm, and fun in life.
But that’s not always true because most elderly people find meaning and happiness in old age by keeping themselves busy.
If you are one of them, here’s what you need to do to keep yourself busy.
Socialize as much as you can
Remember and call your old school or college friends who used to hang out on weekends, book a tour on summer vacations, and study together when exams were approaching?
Call them and spend the evening in some park or café to revive old memories.
Books are the best companion when you are alone.
If you have not read any book in years, now is the time to buy some books from the nearest store and start reading.
Whether religious, fiction, non-fiction, or meditation, reading books will keep you busy without knowing how time passes.
Start writing blog
Writing is a great way to spend quality time and find happiness in old age.
If you love writing, whether fiction, non-fiction, life experiences, or anything else, you can start a blog.
Starting a blog is free on platforms like BlogSpot, Weebly, or WordPress.
Cooking is a great way to spend time:
Love for cooking never dies; if you love cooking, start making delicious recipes for your grandchildren and other family members.
Make a YouTube channel to share it with the world.
Check out our collection of senior quotes if you enjoy this article.
Top 10 elderly quotes
Here is a list of top elderly quotes said by some well-known people.
1. “The elderly are useless eaters.” — Henry A. Kissinger
2. “It is a moral sin to discard the elderly.” — Pope Francis
3. “Malnutrition is a plague in the elderly.” ― Steven Magee
4. “The elderly need love just like the children do.” ― Hendrith Vanlon
5. “To forget the elderly is to ignore the wisdom of years.” — Donald Laird
6. “The elderly have so much to offer. They’re our link with history.” — John Cusack
7. “The best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.” — Andy Rooney
8. “As an elderly man, I have remained estranged from the society here.” — Albert Einstein
9. “A change of opinion is almost unknown in an elderly military man.” — Gilbert K Chesterton
10. “Elderly men who are popular with young women usually lack wisdom.” — Nachman of Breslov
Shareworthy elderly quotes for Instagram
Sharing elderly quotes on Instagram can bring you a huge following. Here are some of the elderly quotes worth sharing on Instagram.
11. “It’s always a blessing to learn wisdom from elderly people.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
12. “Obscenity is whatever shocks some elderly and ignorant magistrate.” — Bertrand Russell
13. “Intoxication is calculated to put heart into the elderly and give them delight in dancing.” — Michel de Montaigne
14. “Robots will play an important role in providing physical assistance and even companionship for the elderly.” — Bill Gates
15. “We respect our elders. There is wisdom that comes from experience, and I am not going to stop learning from wise counsel.” — Marcia Fudge
16. “Before you become elderly, learn how to care, respect, and love elder ones since you will be that one thereupon and ultimately.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
17. “When elderly invalids meet with fellow victims of their own ailments, then at last real conversation begins, and life is delicious.” — Logan Pearsall Smith
18. “There is a reason that the elderly are so insistent on teaching the young. They know what it means to see traditions bond people while change offers new possibilities.” ― Jessica Marie
19. “I am certain no one set out to be cruel, but our treatment of the elderly ill seems to have no philosophy to it. As a society, we should establish whether we have a policy of life at any cost.” — Terry Pratchett
20. “Was it the case that colors dimmed as the eye grew elderly? Or was it rather that in youth your excitement about the world transferred itself onto everything you saw and made it brighter.” — Julian Barnes
Respecting elderly quotes
Here are some elderly quotes that include the respect factor in them.
21. “I’m being respectful to my elders.” ― Derrick Henry
22. “The earth is over a million years old; respect your elders.” ― Deanna Anderson
23. “Respect those who are older than you so that they may honor you.” ― Jervin Balmediano
24. “To make an elderly person happy is the noblest act a young person can ever do!” ― Mehmet Murat
25. “Whoever is not kind to the younger ones, or does not respect the elders is not from my nation.” ― Prophet Muhammad
26. “Just as kids need to learn to respect their elders, we are a society that increasingly respects our youth.” ― Faith Salie
27. “Ageing dims the natural sight of the elderly; it also sharpens their sight of insight; the youth is blind to this sight.” ― Vincent Okay
28. “There’s a certain tradition to the way that you behave in dance and a certain respect that you give to your elders.” ― Neve Campbell
29. “The young man pities his elders, fearing the day he, too, will join their ranks. The elderly man pities the younger generation, well-knowing the trials and tribulations that lie ahead of them.” ― Lynda I Fisher
30. “Respect elders; protect children. This I do believe. As a young man, it is sometimes, in a charitable sense, difficult to shake the sentiment that every elderly person is my grandparent, and every child is my child.” ― Criss Jami
Elderly quotes for wisdom seekers
Take a look at wisdom elderly quotes if you are searching for wisdom.
31. “My mother taught me how to respect elders and to love Youngers.” ― Ria
32. “The youth can walk faster, but the elder knows the road.” ― African Proverb
33. “At old age, one realizes that life is truly a dream.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
34. “Listen to your elder’s advice. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.” ― Melchor Lim
35. “One of the things I’ve been taught by Native American elders is the importance of patience, of waiting to do things when the time is right.” ― Joseph Bruchac
36. “Respect those elder to you in years, in knowledge and spiritual attainment and act with love and compassion with those who are younger or less fortunate than you.” ― Shri Radhe Maa
37. “We want to uplift the culture of Filipino – our respect to our elders, how we pray before we eat and sleep. These are things the younger generations tend to forget because of our exposure to other cultures.” ― Coco Martin
38. “As human beings, we value the experience that comes with age. We are reminded over and over again with statements like ‘older and wiser’ and ‘respect your elders,’ promoting age as something to be cherished and respected.” ― Jenna Morasca
39. “My ideal woman would be someone with both beauty and intelligence. Someone who can hold her own in a conversation, gets along with my family and respects elders, loves children, and have a sense of humor as whacky as mine.” ― Karan Patel
40. “A youth, when at home, should be filial and, abroad, respectful to his elders. He should be earnest and truthful. He should overflow in love to all and cultivate the friendship of the good. When he has time and opportunity, after the performance of these things, he should employ them in polite studies.” ― Confucius
Some other elderly quotes
Here are some more elderly quotes to read and share with your loved ones.
41. “Conscience defined by the elders, passed on to the next generations.” ― Toba Beta
42. “Getting older is not an intellectually demanding process.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
43. “Elders pass away, leaving a hollow in our present for the past we’ll never ever know.” ― Nitya Prakash
44. “Respect the young and chastise your elders. It’s about time the world was set aright.” ― Vera Nazarian
45. “The elders are the history and mirror of the living past. Study them to brighten your life and future.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
46. “In this huge old occidental culture our teaching elders are books. Books are our grandparents.” ― Gary Snyder
47. “The Elders were closer to the Maker of All Things and should be deferred to whenever they made their will known.” ― Patricia Briggs
48. “Death would not surprise us as often as it does if we let go of the misbelief that newborns are less mortal than the elderly.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
49. “Blessings of those who have no desires bring luck and good fortune to those who have desires. That’s why we seek blessings from elders and monks.” ― Shunya
50. “Each young person is a poet of sorts, trying to sort out the poetics of their inner life and its relation to the great world around it. Each elder is a philosopher of sorts, trying to sort out the meanings and gleanings of life as well as the necessary implications of the presence of death.” ― Michael Meade
Which of these elderly quotes did you find inspiring?
We have curated some of the best elderly quotes.
These elderly quotes inspire youngsters to respect elders in the way they deserve.
Especially for parents and old people around you, try to help them and bring smiles to their faces.
They have seen the world with different perspectives from yours, and you cannot come even close to them in terms of experience, knowledge, and wisdom.
If you have any other elderly quotes, please share them in the comment section.
Please share these elderly quotes with your friends and family as well.