Senior Quotes to Boost the Morale of Elderly People
February 1, 2023 2:37 AM EST
These senior quotes are carefully curated to help you find the best and most inspiring quotes.
You will love reading and sharing these quotes with the people around you.
We have also listed tips below to help your senior relatives live a quality life.
So, let’s see what we got here!
Ways to Help Seniors Live a Comfortable Life
Living in a room for months isn’t a life at all, and no one would want to live such a life.
Unfortunately, most of the elderly people around us face this dilemma, and there is nothing much they can do.
Especially if an older person is living with a medical condition, it’s more than essential to bring happiness to their life.
If you have a senior parent or relative, help them live a quality life.
For this purpose, you can look at the ways listed below that are bound to make a difference.
- Relieve them from depressive situations
- Make them believe that they are still useful
- Allow them to take part in physical activities
- Keep them connected with other family members
Relieve them from depressive situations
People in their 70s might find themselves in a depressing situation much faster than a young or middle-aged person.
So, it’s imperative to help them overcome depression using various ways, including proper medication.
For instance, elderly people might start thinking about their youthful life and get depressed.
In this situation, you need to spend some quality time with them, allowing them to cherish what they have in life.
Make them believe that they are still useful
Everyone wants to be helpful in life no matter how old they have grown.
So, if you have a senior person in your home, let them believe they can still be helpful.
For this purpose, you can give them simple tasks, including:
- Organizing drawers
- Folding laundry
- Creating a list of grocery
- Keeping you updated on current affairs
Allow them to take part in physical activities
Make sure that the elderly person living with you participates in physical activity.
You can arrange a list of a few physical activities that are gentle and easy to perform.
For instance, you can ask your elderly relative to take a short walk, water plants, or arrange the stuff in their room.
Keep them stay connected with other family members
Isolation can be a great setback for seniors.
So, allowing them to connect with their family members and friends would be highly recommended.
For example, you can arrange a family get-together at least once a month.
Top 10 senior quotes
Here are the top 10 senior quotes for you.
1. “I won the city scoring championship as a senior.” ― Bob Cousy
2. “I fumbled my senior year in the playoffs. It just annoyed me.” ― Saquon Barkley
3. “When my senior prom was happening, I was in Malta filming ‘Troy.’” ― Garrett Hedlund
4. “Building a home for neglected senior citizens is my long-time dream.” ― Hansika Motwani
5. “Way before Watergate, senior administration officials hid behind anonymity.” ― Bob Woodward
6. “My senior year of high school, I got into UCLA, but my family couldn’t afford it.” ― Adam DeVine
7. “Any slots at the senior level, including CEO or other slots, will be filled internally.” ― Kenneth Lay
8. “My first record came out while I was a senior in high school, which is dangerous.” ― Will Smith
9. “Government in the U.S. today is a senior partner in every business in the country.” ― Norman Cousins
10. “My family joke that I’m really a very senior person who accidentally happens to be 11.” ― Adora Svitak
Senior quotes that are noteworthy
These senior quotes are noteworthy, and you will love to share them with others.
11. “The coronavirus is having a devastating impact on our senior community and their families.” ― Conor Lamb
12. “As a senior in high school, I had a strong sense that God wanted me in some kind of ministry.” ― Gary Chapman
13. “Even in normal times, a senior cabinet minister faces a workload that is relentless and crushing.” ― David Lidington
14. “Long lives aren’t natural. We forget that senior citizens are as much an invention as toasters or penicillin.” ― Douglas Coupland
15. “I was told in high school that the last game during your senior year stays with you forever, which is true.” ― Jim Otto
16. “When I got to the senior national team, there was another Ronaldo, so they started calling me Ronaldinho because I was younger.” ― Ronaldinho
17. “Believing that no one is better than the other. You know I grew up in the South. My senior year, there was a very big racial tension.” ― Herschel Walker
18. “Most discussions of decision making assume that only senior executives make decisions or that only senior executives’ decisions matter. This is a dangerous mistake.” ― Peter Drucker
19. “We’re sober now, and we all have families and obligations of being senior citizens. Oh, that’s hard to say. We have grown-up responsibilities. We used to all live in the same car.” ― Joe Walsh
20. “I had a lot of success from the start. I never really was tested for long periods of time. I got my first professional job while I was a senior in college. I signed with the William Morris Agency before I graduated.” ― Denzel Washington
Senior quotes with a deep message
These senior quotes are loaded with deeply rooted messages and make you think.
21. “Businesses perform better when you have a diversity of view in your senior leadership positions. This is not just the right thing to do socially; it’s the right thing to do for your business.” ― Ruth Porat
22. “I took a couple of creative writing classes with Joyce Carol Oates at Princeton University, and in my senior year there, I took a long fiction workshop with Toni Morrison. I fell in love with it.” ― Mohsin Hamid
23. “The majority of the senior class of Vassar does not desire my company, and I must confess, having read specimens of their thought and sentiments, that I do not desire the company of the majority of the senior class of Vassar.” ― William F. Buckley, Jr.
24. “Work at a place like Google for a while: if you do an interview and you say all the right things, no one really cares. But the day you say the wrong sentence, it’s attributed to ‘Senior Google Executive,’ and the stock moves, and everybody hates you.” ― Chris Sacca
25. “Before Medicare, nearly half of American seniors were forced to go without coverage because insurance companies were reluctant to insure them – making the chances of having health insurance as a senior the same as getting tails on a coin flip.” ― John B. Larson
26. “Many of us mistakenly believe a coup d’etat is the only kind of coup possible. But a coup doesn’t always require tanks on a lawn and senior ranking military types appearing on your TV and radio declaring that democracy as you knew it, is now over.” ― Clive Lewis
27. “Skating was popular, but it wasn’t mainstream. It had this underground following, and you could go on tours, win decent prize money, and make royalties from signature products – that’s how I came to buy a house when I was a senior in high school.” ― Tony Hawk
28. “My father died during open-heart surgery on March 29 of my senior year in college. I was getting set to go to law school. I remember sitting in the waiting room when the doctor walked in. I said to myself, The worst possible thing just happened. What will you do?” ― Steve Wynn
29. “When I first ran for Congress, I went to my daughter Alexandra, who was going to be a senior in high school, and said: ‘I have a chance to run. I may not win, but I’d be gone three nights a week. So, if you want me to stay, I’ll be happy to.’ And do you know what she said to me? ‘Mother, get a life!’.” ― Nancy Pelosi
30. “I developed my training routine going into my senior year at Jackson State. I found this sandbank by the Pearl River near my hometown, Columbia, Miss. I laid out a course of 65 yards or so. Sixty-five yards on sand is like 120 on turf, but running on sand helps you make your cuts at full speed.” ― Walter Payton
Senior quotes with good lessons
These senior quotes have some interesting and attention-grabbing lessons in them.
31. “A senior person indeed can fall in love; however, it may risk grave repercussions.”― Ehsan Sehgal
32. “It’s strange, but I suppose I’m one of those senior players now, and I’ll be helping the young players as much as I can.” ― Wayne Rooney
33. “If you aspire to senior leadership, you’re going to have to work hard. That doesn’t mean you have to give up everything.” ― Julie Sweet
34. “Too many women don’t see themselves in senior leadership and so don’t push themselves to advance their careers as their male peer group do.” ― Karren Brady
35. “My senior year, I was basically supporting myself, so it was like, Do you want to eat and pay the rent, or do you want to go to school? I wanted to eat and pay the rent.” ― Clea Duvall
36. “If your audience is young, it’d be youth culture; if your audience is older, it’d be older people; if it were senior citizens, it’d be senior citizen issues. So you try and hit the target audience.” ― Kurt Loder
37. “I’m a physicist and computer scientist by training. I worked in high tech for thirty years as everything from engineer to senior vice president – for many of those years, writing SF as a hobby – until, in 2004, I began writing full time.” ― Edward M. Lerner
38. “I think Liberty students ought to date a lot without commitment in mind. If you’re thinking commitment – and you probably shouldn’t until you’re a senior – you don’t want to start your marriage off under the constraints of poverty and schooling.” ― Jerry Falwell
39. “I have wrestled in almost every tournament in the world. I’ve won the Olympics, NCAAs, and World Championships, but none of those can truly compare to the feeling I felt when I won my first and only state championship my senior year of high school.” ― Jordan Burroughs
40. “As you become more senior in your career, it can be thin at the top – It’s harder and harder to get unbiased and direct feedback when making decisions. You want people who will speak truth to power. Say no to any ‘yes men or women’ on your personal board. When you face a personal crossroads, you need honest advisors.” ― Margo Georgiadis
Some more senior quotes
Here are some more senior quotes with mixed types.
41. “To be involved in a senior tournament back in the States is very satisfying.” ― John McEnroe
42. “Enrolling in the Medicare Prescription Drug Program will be a great saving for most senior citizens.” ― Paul Gillmor
43. “Politics means competition, especially in senior positions. If you don’t know that, you’re not especially suited to politics.” ― Wolfgang Schauble
44. “I am proud of the fact that women have been recognized as being as capable, as able to do the senior jobs in Europe as any man.” ― Catherine Ashton
45. “I was a senior in high school when I decided I wanted to work on ants as a career. I just fell in love with them and have never regretted it.” ― E. O. Wilson
46. “The only kind of movement you could make in the Navy was to be a platoon leader or one of those kinds of things as you got more senior in your Navy career.” ― Daniel J. Evans
47. “An energy tax punishes senior citizens, it punishes rural Americans if you use electricity, it punishes you. This bill will increase your cost of living and may kill your job.” ― Newt Gingrich
48. “Bureaucrats behave very differently than private-sector managers because their motivations are different. Permanent bureaucrats, no matter how senior, worry about their next job.” ― John Sununu
49. “Most of the State of the Union will not be about Iraq. Most of the State of the Union will be about improving America’s economy and providing greater access to health care for millions of American people, including senior citizens.” ― Ari Fleischer
50. “Small science, which includes most research in the life sciences all over the world, is science directed usually by an individual senior scientist and a small team of junior associates, perhaps three, ten, fifteen, something in that order.” ― Daniel Nathans
Which one of these senior quotes is your favorite?
Once you have gone through our list of the best senior quotes, finding a fascinating quote will be much easier.
These quotes have something that every senior person can relate to, no matter how old he/she has turned.
You can share these quotes with elderly people and make them feel good.
If you have selected one of your favorite senior quotes, don’t hesitate to share it with us.
You can use the comments section below.