These emotional intelligence quotes will help you reduce mental stress and build confidence.
Emotional intelligence is used to keep a person emotionally strong and socially interactive.
In the present era, emotional intelligence has become essential to our lives.
Tell us your favorite emotional intelligence quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these emotional intelligence quotes?
There are social and economic challenges that every individual has to face.
In such situations, a person should be emotionally strong to tackle many adversities.
Here, we have compiled the top emotional intelligence quotes and sayings.
By merely reading these quotes, you can strengthen your emotions.
Before getting to the quotes section, let’s discuss some key aspects of emotional intelligence.
What is emotional intelligence?
Emotional intelligence (EI) is a term associated with the ability of an individual to perceive, analyze, and control emotions.
According to some researchers, it is possible to learn emotional intelligence, while others consider it an inborn ability.
Undoubtedly, an individual must be able to control expressions to some extent.
It is equally important to interpret and understand the emotions of others.
This helps to respond to the emotions of others in a perfect way.
For instance, emotional intelligence lets you understand when your friend is happy or sad.
Psychologists consider this ability more essential than IQ, especially for success in one’s life.
How emotional intelligence impacts our lives
Emotional intelligence creates a strong impact on our lives.
This ability has made us understand our relationships and how to deal with the emotions linked to them.
Just imagine a world where no one understands what emotional turmoil someone is going through.
Man is a social animal, which requires us to have close relationships.
Our lives can be much better if we understand each other’s behaviors and emotions.
Sharing happiness can have a multiplying effect.
You can lower the impact of sadness by sharing your emotions.
Emotional intelligence can also serve as a powerful tool for improving personal effectiveness.
It is the key to dealing with stress, allowing a person to respond to multiple reactions.
In short, emotional intelligence is pretty important for any human being.
What difference can emotional intelligence make?
The difference made by emotional intelligence is enormous.
It can altogether change your perception of the surrounding world.
Besides, EI can also help you understand your emotional health.
Conversely, lacking emotional intelligence could limit your ability to tackle different situations and emotional responses.
EI can help you manage your own emotions and that of others.
Take a moment and look through our emotional intelligence quotes.
Check out our collection of emotional quotes if you enjoy this article.
Top 10 inspiring emotional intelligence quotes
1. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” — Aristotle
2. “Expect the breakthrough and expect to learn.” — Kathleen Spike
3. “Whatever is begun in anger, ends in shame.” — Benjamin Franklin
4. “Emotional intelligence is when you finally realize it’s not all about you.” — Peter Stark
5. “The true losers in life, are not those who try and fail, but those who fail to try.” — Jess C. Scott
6. “The emotional brain responds to an event more quickly than the thinking brain.” — Daniel Goleman
7. “Unleash in the right time and place before you explode at the wrong time and place.” — Oli Anderson
8. “There is no separation of mind and emotions; emotions, thinking, and learning is all linked.” — Eric Jensen
9. “The only way to change someone’s mind is to connect with them from the heart.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
10. “We are dangerous when we are not conscious of our responsibility for how we behave, think, and feel.” — Marshall B. Rosenberg
Emotional intelligence quotes to motivate you
11. “Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” — Epictetus
12. “Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.” — C. G. Jung
13. “Beauty is an asset, just like physical prowess, charisma, brains, or emotional intelligence.” — Dale Archer
14. “Emotional intelligence is your ability to recognize and understand emotions in yourself and others, and your ability to use this awareness to manage your behavior and relationships.” — Travis Bradberry
15. “Leadership is all about emotional Intelligence. Management is taught, while leadership is experienced.” — Rajeev Suri
16. “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures of emotion.” — Dale Carnegie
17. “Mindful meditation has been discovered to foster the ability to inhibit those very quick emotional impulses.” — Daniel Goleman
18. “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else: you are the one who gets burned.” — Buddha
19. “Our feeling is not there to be cast out or conquered. They’re there to engaged and expressed with imagination and Intelligence.” — T.K. Coleman
20. “You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.” — Dale Carnegie
Powerful emotional intelligence quotes
21. “When anger rises, think of the consequences.” — Confucius
22. “Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath.” — Eckhart Tolle
23. “What matters is hard work and emotional intelligence.” — Millard Drexler
24. “Societies can be sunk by the weight of buried ugliness.” — Daniel Goleman
25. “Emotions and feelings…hmm, I used to have those, when I was a kid.” — Ayush Mehre
26. “A leader who understands emotional intelligence well achieves milestones.” — Ishita Vadher
27. “By 2029, computers will have emotional intelligence and be convincing as people.” — Ray Kurzweil
28. “There is perhaps no psychological skill more fundamental than resisting impulse.” — Daniel Goleman
29. “One ought to hold on to one’s heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
30. “CEOs are hired for their intellect and business expertise – and fired for a lack of emotional intelligence.” — Daniel Goleman
Exceptional emotional intelligence quotes about emotions
31. “Knowledge kills your emotions.” — Pragati
32. “Inhale emotional intelligence exhale forgiveness and civility.” — T. Y. Howard
33. “Emotions are the glue that holds the cells of the organism together.” — Candace Pert
34. “It is not the stress that makes us fall. It is how we respond to situations of stress.” — Wayde Goodall
35. “When awareness is brought to an emotion, power is brought to your life.” — Tara Meyer Robson
36. “Emotions and reason are intertwined, and both are critical to problem-solving.” — Antonio Damasio
37. “Your day will go the way your emotional intelligence guides both your thoughts and actions.” — T. Y. Howard
38. “Walk like the lion, talk like doves, live like elephants, and love like a small child.” — Santosh Kalwar
39. “Calm your storm(s). today’s forecast…. Peace of mind and happiness all day long, no matter what.” — T. Y. Howard
40. “It is amazing how once the mind is free from emotional contamination, logic and clarity emerge.” — Clyde De Souza
Impressive emotional intelligence quotes about success and growth
41. “All learning has an emotional base.” — Plato
42. “Use pain as a stepping stone, not a camp ground.” — Alan Cohen
43. “As much as 80% of adult “success” comes from EQ.” — Daniel Goleman
44. “Emotions are a critical source of information for learning.” — Joseph LeDoux
45. “Where we have strong emotions, we’re liable to fool ourselves.” — Carl Sagan
46. “Emotions are enmeshed in the neural networks of reason.” — Antonio Dumasio
47. “We plant seeds that will flower as results in our lives, so best to remove the weeds of anger, avarice, envy and doubt…” — Dorothy Day
48. “Empathy and social skills are social intelligence, the interpersonal part of emotional intelligence. That’s why they look alike.” — Daniel Goleman
49. “The ability to process emotional information, particularly as it involves the perception, assimilation, understanding, and management of emotion.” — Mayer and Cobb
50. “The emotionally intelligent person is skilled in four areas: identifying emotions, using emotions, understanding emotions, and regulating emotions.” — John Mayer and Peter Salovey
Have you picked up your favorite emotional intelligence quotes?
All these emotional intelligence quotes and sayings can serve as an inspiration to improve your ability to manage your emotions.
EI also helps you understand the feelings and emotions of other people in a much better way.
Share these quotes with your friends and family.
Besides, let us know which of the quotes you like the most.
We would love to read your thoughts in the comments section below.
Please share this article on social media if you found it helpful!
December 21, 2022 7:01 AM EST