These John Mayer love song lyrics and quotes will inspire feelings of romance.
John Mayer is a famous singer-songwriter best known for his romantic pop songs and catchy melodies. Some of his most beloved hits include Your Body Is a Wonderland and Slow Dancing in a Burning Room.
Even if you’ve never heard these tunes before, the words of wisdom from these quotes will resonate with you. Read these John Mayer quotes from his songs and other sources to uplift your spirit.
Are you a John Mayer fan?
This talented artist has an extensive collection of music. Whether you’re interested in John Mayer’s songs about friendship or his love song lyrics, you’ll enjoy this incredible collection of his best quotes.
Sometimes all we need in life is a little motivation or encouragement. You will feel inspired after you read these quotes from John Mayer on love, life, and music.
Don’t forget to also check out these Paul McCartney quotes on songwriting and life.
John Mayer quotes about love and friendship
1. “If you had started doing anything two weeks ago, by today you would have been two weeks better at it.” – John Mayer
2. “Sometimes I wish that I was the weather, you’d bring me up in conversation forever. And when it rained, I’d be the talk of the day.” – John Mayer
3. “They say stay in the lines, but there’s always something better on the other side.” – John Mayer
4. “I’m a mess of unfinished thoughts.” – John Mayer
5. “This is not to say, there never comes a day I’ll take my chances and start again. And when I look behind on all my younger times, I’ll have to thank the wrongs that led me to a love so strong.” – John Mayer
6. “You get to a certain age where you prepare yourself for happiness. Sometimes you never remember to actually get happy.” – John Mayer
7. “I’m singing what I want to sing based on the emotion of what that day feels like. That’s what comes out of my mouth and guitar. That impacts people. They know anything can happen.” – John Mayer
8. “By the time I recognize this moment, this moment will be gone; But I will bend the light, pretend that it somehow lingered on.” – John Mayer
9. “Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8 color boxes, but what you’re really looking for are the 64 color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64 color box, though I’ve got a few missing. It’s okay though because I’ve got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8 color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation. So when I meet someone who’s an 8 color type…I’m like, hey girl, Magenta! and she’s like, oh, you mean purple! and she goes off on her purple thing, and I’m like, no I want Magenta!” – John Mayer
10. “I need some kind of emotional stake in it to write my lyrics, assuming that place. It might just be an emotion I understand but am not currently experiencing necessarily.” – John Mayer
John Mayer quotes to give you a fresh perspective on life
11. “Have you ever loved somebody, loved her completely but had to end the relationship for life reasons?” – John Mayer
12. “In the quest to be clever, I completely forgot about the people that I love and that love me.” – John Mayer
13. “It’s very liberating when you finally realize it’s impossible to make everyone like you.” – John Mayer
14. “Tore up my heart and shut it down. Nothing to do, nowhere to be. A simple little kind of free. Nothing to do, no one but me, and that’s all I need. I’m perfectly lonely.” – John Mayer
15. “Fear is a friend who’s misunderstood.” – John Mayer
16. “There are people in the world who have the power to change our values.” – John Mayer
17. “High School is like a spork: it’s a crappy spoon and a crappy fork, so in the end, it’s just plain useless.” – John Mayer
18. “I’ve never done anything because I thought it would look cool.” – John Mayer
19. “Sometimes it feels like my life is just one long day.” – John Mayer
20. “A man’s got two shots for jewelry: a wedding ring and a watch. The watch is a lot easier to get on and off than a wedding ring.” – John Mayer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of wedding quotes that celebrate love, friendship, and marriage.
John Mayer quotes to inspire and encourage you
21. “Ladies, if you want to know the way to my heart… good spelling and good grammar, good punctuation, capitalize only where you are supposed to capitalize, it’s done.” – John Mayer
22. “I’d like to think the best of me was still hiding up in my sleeve.” – John Mayer
23. “How dare you say it’s nothing to me? Baby, you’re the only light I ever saw.” – John Mayer
24. “Whenever they say it can’t be done, remind them that they make a jellybean that tastes exactly like popcorn.” – John Mayer
25. “Everybody is just a stranger, but that’s the danger in going my own way.” – John Mayer
26. “I like giving people something they don’t want to miss the next time. It’s a show with little twists and turns and curves. It has me being silly and stupid and compassionate and completely deep.” – John Mayer
27. “You make a choice in your life, and it affects your life in all the ways, good and bad.” – John Mayer
28. “I’m not deluded enough to think that everyone who knows my name is a listener. You know, I hope that part of that interest – part of that public interest – has to do with me still making records that people like.” – John Mayer
29. “Who I am as a guitarist is defined by my failure to become Jimi Hendrix.” – John Mayer
30. “I hate being the heartbreaker. Hate it. If I date somebody and it doesn’t work out, it’s another nightmare for me.” – John Mayer
John Mayer quotes to help you process your emotions
31. “Sometimes I get so bold and I’m so confident about what I’m doing that I actually try to be more of a dork because it’s a really liberating feeling to experience what it’s like to not care.” – John Mayer
32. “No matter what I do, I’m going to earn it.” – John Mayer
33. “Hopefully people can see my music is tethered to my brain.” – John Mayer
34. “I have these accidents, these mistakes, these self-inflicted wounds, and then I tear my head to shreds about it for days.” – John Mayer
35. “What I’ve learned in my life, it’s a very interesting social study for me, to go back and forth between being the guy at home and being the guy on the road and being the guy in studio and being the guy in the interview. The environment around you has so much to do with your character, and when I’m home, my character really changes quite a bit.” – John Mayer
36. “I look away at car crashes, and I know people who look away at car crashes because it makes us uncomfortable to watch other people in pain.” – John Mayer
37. “Half of my heart’s got a real good imagination, half of my heart’s got you.” – John Mayer
38. “My fear is that I go up to the girl of my dreams and say ‘I’m sorry, but I’ve got to say hello to you,’ and she slides the stool back and gets up and walks away, saying, ‘Not for me, Bub. I don’t want anything to do with you.’” – John Mayer
39. “It’s so interesting how success hits people and how they react to it.” – John Mayer
40. “There’s a constantly applicable nature to soul music, whereas sometimes pop music can be a periodical.” – John Mayer
John Mayer quotes that will make your day
41. “I love you more than songs can say, but I can’t keep running after yesterday…” – John Mayer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of song quotes from some of the biggest hits.
42. “Maybe someday you can accuse somebody of being a poseur by selling out and playing blues music, but that’s just not going to happen in my lifetime.” – John Mayer
43. “I lost my head for a little while.” – John Mayer
45. “I’m very happy in all aspects of my life.” – John Mayer
46. “When you’re just open but not honest, then you start free-associating garbage.” – John Mayer
47. “I’m willing to make compromises based on someone I think is the one, but I think it’s psychologically important to people when they’re famous to be the only famous person they know.” – John Mayer
48. “You cannot avoid war in life, you cannot avoid the fear of terrorism, you cannot avoid those things now, they are a part of everyday demeanor.” – John Mayer
49. “I have the obsessiveness of someone who’s a sober, recovering addict displacing his addiction. Except I never had the addiction.” – John Mayer
50. “So scared of getting older; I’m only good at being young; So I play the numbers game to find a way to say that life has just begun.” – John Mayer
More John Mayer quotes and sayings
51. “Fathers be good to your daughters, daughters will love like you do. Girls become lovers, who turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters, too.” – John Mayer
52. “God only knows how much I’d love you if you let me, but I can’t break through at all.” – John Mayer
53. “I believe that my life’s gonna see the love I give returned to me.” – John Mayer
54. “Sometimes I wish that I was a bong hit, you’d let me in and you would love every minute.” – John Mayer
55. “I’m having the time of my life figuring out this next move.” – John Mayer
56. “I was very successful from a very early age, and I want to keep it.” – John Mayer
57. “Friends, lovers, or nothing, we can really only ever be one.” – John Mayer
58. “People are really concerned with what other people are saying about them.” – John Mayer
59. “Nothing feels worse than having to break the stage down before the performance, and I mean nothing.” – John Mayer
60. “Numb is the new deep, done with the old me, and talk is the same cheap it’s been.” – John Mayer
What are your favorite John Mayer quotes about love and music?
Relationships can be complicated and sometimes feelings of love can end in heartbreak and sorrow. These John Mayer love song lyrics will help you process your emotions and express your innermost thoughts.
Whether you’re going through a breakup or you’re falling in love with someone new, there are so many exciting feelings to explore in this life. As you read these John Mayer quotes about love, take the time to reflect on your past relationships and friendships.
Music is able to speak deeply to our souls and touch our emotions in a way that spoken words cannot. These John Mayer songs and lyrics will give you a fresh perspective on life. If you’ve ever felt true love in a relationship or friendship, you will understand the meaning behind these powerful quotes.
What are your favorite John Mayer quotes and love song lyrics? Let us know in the comment section below.
January 20, 2021 7:00 AM EST