Just like giraffes in the wild, our giraffe quotes are bound to attract your attention.
These quotes will give you an insight into how humans perceive this beautiful and amazing creation of God.
Apart from offering you quotes about giraffes, we have also discussed the most interesting facts about giraffes.
This piece of content is loaded with fun and amusement.
Let’s dive in!
Interesting facts about giraffes
Below are some of the most interesting facts about giraffes that you probably didn’t know.
- Although it looks longer, the giraffe’s neck isn’t long enough to reach the ground, which makes it difficult for a giraffe to drink water.
- Giraffes can run faster than we think, achieving a speed of 35 miles/hour (only for a short distance).
- With an average height of 5.9 meters, a giraffe is the tallest of all the mammals currently dwelling on earth.
- For giraffes, sitting quite often isn’t easy, so they spend most of their time standing.
- Predators kill many giraffe calves after a few months of their birth.
- Giraffes meet their hydration needs through the vegetation they eat, which is why they only drink water once after a few days.
- After an hour of its birth, a giraffe calf can stand up.
- It’s a misconception that giraffes don’t make noise; they make noises like hissing, snorting, and sounds beyond our hearing range.
- Ossicones are hair-covered horns that are found in both male and female giraffes.
- Only 5 to 30 minutes of sleep is sufficient for a giraffe in 24 hours.
- Just like human fingerprints, the spots on a giraffe’s body are unique and don’t match any other giraffe’s.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of elephant quotes to celebrate animals and nature.
Top 10 giraffe quotes
Here are the top 10 and most popular giraffe quotes, which are short and sweet.
1. “Gonzo leaps like a giraffe and grabs it.” — Jerry Coleman
2. “I’d hate to be a giraffe with a sore throat.” — Mitch Hedberg
3. “You need that guy like a giraffe needs strep throat.” — Ann Landers
4. “Hyypia rises like a giraffe to head the ball clear.” — George Hamilton
5. “Evolution is so creative. That’s how we got giraffes.” — Kurt Vonnegut
6. “I’m 6ft 7in and I was a bit like a giraffe on the tennis court.” — Peter Jones
7. “Well as giraffes say, you don’t get no leaves unless you stick your neck out.” — Sid Waddell
8. “A penguin cannot become a giraffe, so just be the best penguin you can be.” — Gary Vaynerchuk
9. “Why didn’t evolution make a giraffe good at carpentry so it could build a ladder.” — Karl Pilkington
10. “Did you ever see a giraffe? It’s like a thing from between regions of truth and fiction.” — Geraldine Jewsbury
Giraffe quotes to share on Instagram
These giraffe quotes are so attractive that you won’t help but share them via Instagram.
11. “I’m a giraffe. I even walk like a giraffe with a long neck and legs. It’s a pretty dumb animal, mind you.” — Sophia Loren
12. “It’s an incredibly difficult thing to bring a giraffe down. They can kill a lion with a single blow from their feet.” — Joanna Lumley
13. “Why would you want to go all the way to Africa and shoot a giraffe? I don’t think you can eat him. I only shoot stuff I can eat.” — Boo Weekley
14. “If I could adopt any zoo animal, it would be a giraffe. I have always loved giraffes. They are so graceful and beautiful to watch.” — Torrey DeVitto
15. “I know who I am. No one else knows who I am. If I was a giraffe, and someone said I was a snake, I’d think, no, actually I’m a giraffe.” — Richard Gere
16. “My favourite animal is the koala, but his life would be boring. I would rather be a giraffe so that I could contemplate the beauty of Africa.” — Caterina Murino
17. “God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. He has no real style, He just goes on trying other things.” — Pablo Picasso
18. “Sophie is asking mum ‘Why am I NOT a doll NOT an adult NOT a boy NOT a giraffe?’ It’s so easy to miss all we are when we focus on what we are not.” — Christine Caine
19. “A giraffe is so much a lady that one refrains from thinking of her legs, but remembers her as floating over the plains in long garb, draperies of morning mist her mirage.” — Isak Dinesen
20. “The place I most missed my husband and family was when I stayed at Giraffe Manor, which is a crazy hotel in Kenya where giraffes wander around sticking their necks in through the top-floor windows for snacks.” — Monica Galetti
Giraffe quotes with an element of interest
Here is our list of the most interesting giraffe quotes, each holding a message for its reader.
21. “Who could believe an ant in theory? A giraffe in blueprint? Ten thousand doctors of what’s possible Could reason half the jungle out of being.” — John Ciardi
22. “A man is born an artist as a hippopotamus is born a hippopotamus, and you can no more make yourself one than you can make yourself a giraffe.” — John Ruskin
23. “I like snakes. I like hummingbirds. There’s nothing on earth I don’t like. Frogs. Salamanders. The bunnies, the giraffes, the hippopotamuses.” — Ted Turner
24. “All you do is to look / At a page in this book / Because that’s where we always will be. / No book ever ends / When it’s full of your friends / The Giraffe and the Pelly and me.” — Roald Dahl
25. “The chimpanzees in the zoos do it, Some courageous kangaroos do it Let’s do it, let’s fall in love. I’m sure giraffes on the sly do it, Even eagles as they fly do it, Let’s do it, let’s fall in love.” — Cole Porter
26. “Meditation is another dimension of natural beauty. People talk about appreciating natural beauty-climbing mountains, seeing giraffes and tigers in Africa, and all sorts of things.” — Chogyam TrungpaWhen
27. “I have family in Tanzania. I can’t even explain the joy of riding through the Tanzania national park and seeing giraffes run across the road and elephants over in a pond and baboons running.” — Emanuel Cleaver
28. “Consider the biggest animals on the planet: elephants, buffaloes, and giraffes. These are vegetarian animals. They grow to thousands of pounds of muscle and bone without ever eating cheeseburgers and pepperoni pizzas.” — Michael Klaper.
29. “If you are a jackal, you will try to reassure. Jackals try to fix people in pain. They can’t stand pain but make matters worse by trying to get rid of it. Put on giraffe ears. Try to hear what they are feeling and needing.” — Marshall B. Rosenberg
30. “I’m feeling sad, or lonely, and I don’t know what I’m doing and I don’t know where I’m going, I imagine the Cool Awesome Future Version of Myself just telling my present self, It’s okay. You just gotta grab that giraffe by the ears and ride it on out.” — Jenna Marbles
Hilarious giraffe quotes
A giraffe looks clumsy, especially due to its exceptional height. The humor attached to the giraffe’s overall appearance can also be seen in the giraffe quotes listed below.
31. “A bit of advice: never read a pop-up book about giraffes.” — Sean Lock
32. “I saw a giraffe with a short neck. That was sad. Or a deer.” — Bo Burnham
33. “The man who believes in giraffes would swallow anything.” — Adrian Mitchell
34. “On the neck of a giraffe a flea begins to believe in immortality.” — Bill Vaughan
35. “When asked if he was a basketball player he replied No I clean giraffe ears.” — Elvin Hayes
36. “Jason said, “Yes. Gerard T. Giraffe.” “What does the ‘T’ stand for?” ‘The.’” — Douglas Coupland
37. “If you let hydrogen gas alone for 13 billion years it will become giraffes, rose bushes, and humans.” — Brian Swimme
38. “Basketball, a game which won’t be fit for people until they set the basket umbilicus-high and return the giraffes to the zoo.” — Ogden Nash
39. “When Andy Carroll first appeared on the scene he was a tall skinny kid and his coordination was all over the place. He reminded me of a giraffe.” — Glenn Roeder
40. “All men are not slimy warthogs. Some men are silly giraffes, some woebegone puppies, some insecure frogs. But if one is not careful, those slimy warthogs can ruin it for all the others.” — Cynthia Heimel
Other interesting giraffe quotes
If you are still missing something, go through the giraffe quotes below.
41. “However much you know giraffes, to see one in the wild for the first time feels prehistoric.” — Jane Goodall
42. “It’s difficult to explain a giraffe to a Bolivian who lives on the Altiplano. But when they see one, I think they’ll like it.” — Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada
43. “A giraffe has a black tongue twenty-seven inches long and no vocal cords. A giraffe has nothing to say. He just goes on giraffing.” — Robert Fulghum
44. “I have a toy giraffe on my bed. I’ve got photographs over my desk as well as a mask of a giraffe in my kitchen. I am totally hooked.” — Joanna Lumley
45. “I have friends who come to the Australia Zoo, and it’s just, instead of playing video games, we get to hug and kiss a giraffe or walk a tiger.” — Bindi Irwin
46. “My childhood was really comfortable and secure, but school was a nightmare. I was a lot taller than the other girls and they called me Gitte the giraffe.” — Brigitte Nielsen
47. “Wildlife is something which man cannot construct. Once it is gone, it is gone forever. Man can rebuild a pyramid, but he can’t rebuild ecology, or a giraffe.” — Joy Adamson
48. “I don’t care what color the parents are. I don’t care if it’s a giraffe and a fish living together. If they’re raising children who believe they’re honored and loved, that’s all that’s important.” — Patricia Polacco
49. “As a woman, it seems you can’t just be a comedian; you’re always classed as something else, too, whether that’s ‘beautiful,’ ‘pint-sized,’ ‘larger-than-life’ or in my case, ‘Hattie Jacques-Esque,’ ‘the giraffe,’ ‘big’.” — Miranda Hart
50. “I would be a giraffe because I just want to experience what a sore throat and being a giraffe feels like. It would be really uncomfortable walking around in the Sahara and being like, ‘I really need, like, 15 lozenges for my giraffe body’.” — Charlie Puth
Which of these giraffe quotes is your favorite?
Our compilation of giraffe quotes contains all types of quotes associated with this unique tall animal.
There are some interesting and hilarious quotes about giraffes for you to enjoy.
Please share these quotes with your friends and family.
And let us know which quote was your favorite in the comment section below.
December 25, 2022 7:16 AM EST