Footprints In The Sand Quotes For Covering New Tracks
January 25, 2023 4:07 AM EST
Life is all about our journeys; take a moment to check out our footprints in the sand quotes.
Some say life is all about walking and retracing the steps we take.
What is the moral of the poem Footprints In The Sand?
Footprints In The Sand is one of the most well-known poems in the world.
The poem evokes powerful feelings and emotions in people who read it.
Check out some of the significant themes from Footprints in the Sand below:
- Your actions today will affect people in the future.
- You are never alone, even in your lowest moments.
- Express gratitude for the times when you fell short; they make you strong.
The expressive piece of art paints a vivid picture of a person walking on a beach reflecting on their life’s journey who suddenly realizes that during their lowest moments, they were carried by something great than themselves.
The moral or lesson of the poem is that despite what we think, we are never alone, particularly during our lowest and weakest moments.
Another fantastic idea from the poem is that we must be our best friend and number one fan.
Make your footprints count
In 1838, The Knickerbocker magazine published the poem of writer Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s famous poem A Psalm of Life, where the phrase Footprints on the Sands of Time was first coined.
Longfellow’s poem represents the integration of life and death.
Living in the present is vital.
However, it is also essential to consider how our actions in the now will impact those in the future.
The idea is that even though we live mortal, finite lives, we can leave a footprint for generations to come.
While alive, we know that we are running out of grains of sand in our personal sand clocks.
When we become aware of this concept, it gives us a strong incentive or desire to give meaning to our lives by contributing to those who will follow us.
You are never alone
Check out our excellent content below for more awesome footprints in the sand quotes.
Short footprints in the sand quotes
These quotes are powerful and concise.
1. “Animals are footprints of God.” — Martin Luther
2. “Success always leaves footprints.” — Booker T Washington
3. “A good runner leaves no footprints.” — Lao Tzu
4. “Prudence is the footprint of Wisdom.” — Amos Bronson Alcott
5. “Some friends leave footprints in your heart.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “The footprints of an angel in your life are love.” — Genevieve
7. “The footprint of the owner is the best manure.” — Anonymous
8. “If you walk on snow, you cannot hide the footprints.” — George Herbert
9. “You can’t leave footprints in the sands of time while sitting down.” — Nelson Rockefeller
10. “The best fertilizer for a piece of land is the footprints of its owner.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
Powerful footprints in the sand quotes
Here we have an array of quotes that express the power of our footprints.
11. “Take only memories; leave only footprints.” — Chief Seattle
12. “Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.” — Chief Seattle
13. “The skin of moss holds the footprints of star-footed birds.” — Nancy Willard
14. “The whole universe is but the footprint of the Divine goodness.” — Dante Alighieri
15. “Follow your footprints long enough, and they will turn into those of a beast.” — Philipp Meyer
16. “The footprints of a free-minded man are always towards the forward direction.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
17. “All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.” — Boyle Roche
18. “Even though we may all become extinct, we can still leave our footprint in the sand.” — Dr. Seuss
19. “The essence of a sculpture must enter on tip-toe, as light as animal footprints on snow.” — Hans Arp
20. “Traveling the paths of greatness, even in someone else’s footprints, is a vital means to acquiring skill.” — Twyla Tharp
Footprints in the sand quotes that make you think
We can all learn a lot from placing our footprints in the sand.
21. “When you do more than you learn, you leave a distinctive notable footprint on earth.” — Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
22. “Our pictures are our footprints. It’s the best way to tell people we were here.” — Joe McNally
23. “When you’re offstage, that’s the footprint. That’s the man God’s gonna judge.” — Bernie Mac
24. “We all leave footprints as we journey through life- make sure yours are worth following.” — Bob Teague
25. “The film industry needs to confront the physical footprint of the way films get made.” — Edward Norton
26. “My goal is to leave this planet with the biggest carbon footprint I can possibly leave.” — Denis Leary
27. “If you have a footprint, be happy, because it means that you aren’t a shadow!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
28. “We all leave footprints in the sand. The question is, will we be a big heal or a great soul.” — Anonymous
29. “So much of religion is exegesis. I would rather follow in the footprints of Christ than all of the dogma.” — Christy Turlington
30. “While it is well enough to leave footprints on the sands of time, it is even more important to make sure they point in a commendable direction.” — James Branch Cabell
Footprints in the sand quotes to inspire you
Footprints in the sand is a famous poem to share at funeral ceremonies.
31. “What footprint do you want to be known for? It’s the legacy and the journey that you’re on. Trust in yourself. Trust in the passion you have inside yourself.” — Drew Waters
32. “Some people come into our lives, leave footprints in our hearts and minds, and we are never the same again.” — Jared Leto
33. “The footprint of the savage traced in the sand is sufficient to attest the presence of man to the atheist who will not recognize God, whose hand is impressed upon the entire universe.” — Hugh Miller
34. “It is our art that has an opportunity to leave a footprint in the sand. They don’t wrap fish in our work.” — Hugh Newell Jacobsen
35. “Everybody has to look at his or her own footprint and do the best they can. It’s not about being perfect. It’s about doing something. If we’re looking for perfection, we’ll never, ever get there.” — Laurie David
36. “Our past is like a footprint. It only confirms we were there. No burden on our future does it bear. Bring the rain, clear the pane of clutter.” — Jeb Dickerson
37. “Beyond the Indian hamlet, upon a forlorn strand, I happened on a trail of recent footprints.” — David Mitchell
38. “Try to discover who I am from my choice of words and colors, as attentive people like yourselves might examine footprints to catch a thief.” — Orhan Pamuk
39. “Footprints in the snow have been unfailing provokers of sentiment ever since snow was first a white wonder in this drab-colored world of ours.” — Kenneth Grahame
40. “Even when we turn around, there are no footprints behind us. Nor the road we came along, nor the tune we hummed. When we die, No-one will know it’s happened.” — Kazuya Minekura
Other inspiring footprints in the sand quotes
Every day we are gifted with the opportunity to make new footprints to impact others.
41. “Like sand on the beach, the brain bears the footprints of the decisions we have made, the skills we have learned, the actions we have taken.” — Sharon Begley
42. “You cannot see faith, but you can see the footprints of the faithful. We must leave behind “faithful footprints” for others to follow.” — Dr. Dennis Anderson
43. “Forget your environmental footprint. Think about your ethical footprint. What good is it to build a zero-carbon, energy efficient complex, when the labor producing this architectural gem is unethical at best?” — Cameron Sinclair
44. “Don’t follow in any footprints. Make your own prints. Because you are the future of tomorrow.” — Jackie Joyner-Kersee
45. “Footprints, that perhaps another, Travelling o’er life’s solemn main, A forlorn and shipwrecked brother, Seeing, shall take heart again.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
46. “Wherever man has left his footprint in the long ascent from barbarism to civilization, we will find the hoofprint of the horse beside it.” — John Moore
47. “Each marriage bears the footprints of economic and cultural trends which originate far outside marriage.” — Arlie Russell Hochschild
48. “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people stay for a while and move our souls to dance. They awaken us to a new understanding, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” — Flavia Weedn
49. “Walk so that your footprints bear only the marks of peaceful joy and complete freedom. To do this, you have to learn to let go. Let go of your sorrows. Let go of your worries. That is the secret of walking meditation.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
50. “As you walk through the valley of the unknown, you will find the footprints of Jesus both in front of you and beside you.” — Charles Stanley
Each step leaves a new footprint
Even if we do not realize it, we leave a footprint on our world daily.
The poem Footprints in the Sand reminds us to be conscious of our impact.
We leave imprints wherever we go.
During a typical day, each of us might drive to work, do our laundry, produce waste, watch tv, use the air conditioner or make coffee.
These mundane activities add up.
There are eight billion people on the planet, so while we might think our individual impact is small, when we participate in certain behaviors in mass, we create a significant impact.
Every action comes with a price beyond our measured idea of currency or resources.
Earth is priceless, and so are we.
We can work together with each other and our planet to make sure the footprints we leave are steps we can all grow from.
Please let us know in the comments below if you have a favorite footprint in the sand quote.