These incredible Freddie Mercury quotes about charisma, uniqueness, and performance will enrich your soul.
Freddie Mercury was a legendary singer, songwriter, and frontman of the band Queen. He was most famous for his incredible talent and magnetic stage persona. This collection of Freddie Mercury quotes highlights his charming personality and unparalleled skills.
What made Freddie Mercury one-of-a-kind?
Some of the most popular songs by Mercury include Bohemian Rhapsody, We Are the Champions, and Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Keep these famous tunes in mind as you read the words of wisdom and insights of Freddie Mercury.
If you’re a fan of rock and roll, you’re likely already familiar with Queen’s iconic music. Freddie Mercury is one of the most prolific rock stars of all time. These quotes will remind you of his genius, passion, and creativity. This list is comprised of musings from Mercury made during interviews, events, and other times throughout his life.
Whether he was talking about entertainment, politics, emotions, or anything else, Freddie Mercury had a lot of fantastic insight. Check out this collection of the greatest Freddie Mercury quotes of all time to remember his greatness.
Also check out our list of Johnny Cash quotes for living a full life.
Freddie Mercury quotes to remind you of his genius, passion, and creativity
1. “The most important thing is to live a fabulous life. As long as it’s fabulous I don’t care how long it is.” – Freddie Mercury
2. “I’m possessed by love, but isn’t everybody?” – Freddie Mercury
3. “Money may not buy happiness, but it can damn well give it!” – Freddie Mercury
4. “You can be anything you want to be, just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be.” – Freddie Mercury
5. “I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me.” – Freddie Mercury
6. “Who wants to live forever?” – Freddie Mercury
7. “I am a romantic, but I do put up a barrier around myself, so it is hard for people to get in and to know the real me. I fall in love much too quickly and that results in me getting badly hurt. The problem with love is that you lose control and that is a very vulnerable state to be in. I would love to really have a beautiful relationship with somebody, but it never seems to work out. What I would like most of all is to be in a state of blissful love.” – Freddie Mercury
8. “I like to be surrounded by splendid things.” – Freddie Mercury
9. “Oh, I was not made for heaven. No, I don’t want to go to heaven. Hell is much better. Think of all the interesting people you’re going to meet down there.” – Freddie Mercury
10. “I won’t be a rock star. I will be a legend.” – Freddie Mercury
Freddie Mercury quotes to inspire you to be true to yourself
11. “Excess is part of my nature. Dullness is a disease. I really need danger and excitement. I’m never scared of putting myself out on a limb.” – Freddie Mercury
12. “I dress to kill, but tastefully.” – Freddie Mercury
13. “One year of love is better than a lifetime alone.” – Freddie Mercury
14. “I’m a very emotional person, a person of real extremes, and that’s often destructive both to myself and others.” – Freddie Mercury
15. “I don’t talk to everybody, so they don’t really know the real me. I don’t think anybody will.” – Freddie Mercury
16. “In terms of love, you’re not in control and I hate that feeling. I seem to write a lot of sad songs because I’m a very tragic person. But there’s always an element of humour at the end.” – Freddie Mercury
17. “Onstage, I am a devil. But I’m hardly a social reject.” – Freddie Mercury
18. “Does it mean this, does it mean that, that’s all anybody wants to know. I’d say what any decent poet would say if anyone dared ask him to analyze his work: if you see it, darling, then it’s there!” – Freddie Mercury
19. “It’s boring to be 70, I don’t want to be there, I’ll be dead and gone, I don’t have any aspirations to be 70.” – Freddie Mercury
20. “The reason we’re successful, darling? My overall charisma, of course.” – Freddie Mercury
Also read these iconic David Bowie quotes will inspire you to live a life that is anything but boring.
Freddie Mercury quotes to inspire you to follow your passions
21. “You can have everything in the world and still be the loneliest man. And that is the most bitter type of loneliness, success has brought me world idolisation and millions of pounds. But it’s prevented me from having the one thing we all need: A loving, ongoing relationship.” – Freddie Mercury
22. “When I’m dead, I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance.” – Freddie Mercury
23. “A lot of my songs are fantasy. I can dream up all kinds of things. That’s the kind of world I live in. It’s very sort of flamboyant, and that’s the kind of way I write. I love it.” – Freddie Mercury
24. “I guess I’ve always lived the glamorous life of a star. It ‘s nothing new – I used to spend down to the last dime.” – Freddie Mercury
25. “If I die tomorrow I will not regret. I really did everything I could.” – Freddie Mercury
26. “I want to lead the Victorian life, surrounded by exquisite clutter.” – Freddie Mercury
27. “Can you imagine how terrible it is when you’ve got everything and you’re still desperately lonely? That is awful beyond words.” – Freddie Mercury
28. “What will I be doing in twenty years’ time? I’ll be dead, darling! Are you crazy?” – Freddie Mercury
29. “I’m very emotional. I think I may go mad in several years time.” – Freddie Mercury
30. “The concept of Queen is to be regal and majestic. Glamour is part of us, and we want to be dandy.” – Freddie Mercury
Freddie Mercury quotes to remember his greatness
31. “You either have the magic or you don’t. There’s no way you can work up to it.” – Freddie Mercury
32. “I’m just a musical prostitute, my dear.” – Freddie Mercury
33. “When we began, we approached it the way we did because we were not prepared to be out-of-work musicians, ever. We said either take it on as a serious commodity or don’t do it at all.” – Freddie Mercury
34. “The whole point of Queen was to be original.” – Freddie Mercury
35. “I love the fact that I can make people happy, in any form. Even if it’s just an hour of their lives, if I can make them feel lucky or make them feel good, or bring a smile to a sour face, that to me is worthwhile.” – Freddie Mercury
36. “We don’t do it for the money … we do it for the music.” – Freddie Mercury
37. “My soul has painted like the wings of butterflies; Fairy tales of yesterday will grow but never die, I can fly, my friends.” – Freddie Mercury
38. “If I had to do it all over again? Why not, I would do it a little bit differently.” – Freddie Mercury
39. “I’m hopeless with money; I simply spend what I’ve got.” – Freddie Mercury
40. “The more you open up, the more you get hurt. So basically, I’m just riddled with scars and I just don’t want any more.” – Freddie Mercury
Have you seen these Lana Del Rey quotes that explain the woman behind the artist?
Other motivational Freddie Mercury quotes
41. “We’re a very expensive group; we break a lot of rules. It’s unheard of to combine opera with a rock theme, my dear.” – Freddie Mercury
42. “I never thought of myself as the leader. The most important person, perhaps.” – Freddie Mercury
43. “We’ve gone overboard on every Queen album. But that’s Queen.” – Freddie Mercury
44. “I have fun with my clothes onstage; it’s not a concert you’re seeing, it’s a fashion show.” – Freddie Mercury
45. “I think my melodies are superior to my lyrics.” – Freddie Mercury
46. “Modern paintings are like women, you’ll never enjoy them if you try to understand them.” – Freddie Mercury
47. “The bigger the better; in everything.” – Freddie Mercury
48. “I was born to love you with every single beat of my heart. I was born to take care of you every single day of my life.” – Freddie Mercury
49. “The show must go on.” – Freddie Mercury
50. “It’s a beautiful day, the sun is shining, I feel good, and no one’s gonna stop me now.” – Freddie Mercury
You might also like these Prince quotes and sayings about life, creativity, and music.
51. “Put out the good and keep the bad – don’t believe all you read in the Bible.” – Freddie Mercury
52. “I don’t wanna die, I sometimes wish I’ve never been born at all.” – Freddie Mercury
53. “Fly the moon and reach for the stars!” – Freddie Mercury
Which of these Freddie Mercury quotes inspires you the most to follow your dreams?
Freddie Mercury of Queen is one of the most iconic rock stars in history. This legendary performer was famous for his charisma, musical talent, and genuine personality. These Freddie Mercury quotes will inspire you to be true to yourself and follow your passions.
If you ever need motivation or courage on your journey to success, just remember these words of wisdom. Live your life to the fullest and achieve your goals in honor of Freddie Mercury.
If you love Queen or music in general, you’ll be delighted by these Freddie Mercury quotes. His insights into life, love, and art are worth reading. Check out this collection of the best Freddie Mercury quotes to feel inspired and empowered.
What are your favorite Freddie Mercury quotes and sayings to boost your motivation? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 2, 2021 6:00 AM EST