These evil eye quotes explain more about the curse that dates back to ancient Greece.
It is important to understand the difference between the evil eye itself (the curse) and the amulet (which dispels the curse).
Evil eye imagery has been bleeding into the fashion world with people like Kim Kardashian and Gigi Hadid sporting evil eyepieces.
The true evil eye is a curse transmitted through a malicious glare, usually inspired by envy.
Meanwhile, the ocular amulet is meant to ward off the curse.
The amulet is also referred to as a nazar, and has been around for thousands of years.
Where did the curse originate from?
What happened if you were cursed?
Keep reading through these evil eye quotes to learn more!
Don’t forget to also check out these monster quotes about real and imaginary evils.
Funny Evil Eye quotes
1. “And even though we both fly, give each other space and not the evil eye.” — Q-Tip
2. “I have looked evil in the eye, my friend. I am afraid to say it does not blink.” — Adrian Cole
3. “You’ll get quite an evil eye if you don’t leave a tip at the bar.” — Zach Braff
4. “I think I’m close to lot of people in Bollywood, but I believe in evil eye, and I feel when I talk about friendships and relationships in public something somewhere goes wrong with it.” — Arjun Rampal
Short Evil Eye quotes
5. “Woe be to an evil eye.” — Danish Proverbs
6. “Evil is in the eye of the beholder.” — David Mitchell
7. “Evil has the eye of an angel.” — Deva Darkheart
8. “An evil eye can see no good.” — Danish proverbs
9. “May every evil eye in your life go blind.” — Unknown
10. “Who am I to justify, all the evil in our eye.” — D’Angelo
11. “The evil eye is true, so perform ablution for it.” — Hadith
12. “Any eye is an evil eye that looks in on to a mood apart.” — Robert Frost
Interesting Evil Eye quotes
13. “No notice is taken of a little evil, but when it increases it strikes the eye.” — Aristotle
14. “Sixth sense, six pack, six degrees of separation / My evil third eye blinks with no hesitation.” — Ghostface Killah
15. “If we live according to the law an eye for an eye…, we will never escape from the spiral of evil.” — Pope Francis
16. “I have noticed that many who do not believe in god believe in everything else, even in the evil eye.” — Jules Verne
17. “Envy, my son, wears herself away, and droops like a lamb under the influence of the evil eye.” — Jacopo Sannazaro
18. “Reason! how many eyes hast thou to see evils, and how dim, nay, blind, thou art in preventing them.” — Philip Sidney
19. “When people have a sense of our military capability, nobody will ever dare to cast an evil eye on our nation.” — Narendra Modi
20. “There are more idols than realities in the world: that is my “evil eye” for this world, which is also my “evil ear”.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
21. “If a negative viewer looks at you with an ugly fiendish eye, find a way and pluck off his eyes, or better still, protect your good image.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
Evil Eye quotes about protection
22. “It is watchful gaze keep you safe from jealousy and harm.” — Unknown
23. “Carry with you the protection of this evil eye to ward off the power and threat of evil forces.” — Unknown
24. “I was named for my grandmother. It’s an evil-eye name, to protect you from bad things.” — Stana Katic
25. “I always wear my evil eye necklace to ward off bad karma. I always wear one to protect me.” — Gracie Gold
26. “May this evil eye protect you as you go about your day. May happiness surround you and stay out of harm’s way.” — Unknown
27. “Always tiptoe. I don’t want them to hear you. I need to keep you in a bubble. I don’t want them to hurt you. I fear the evil eye, I need to protect you from it.” — Juveria Fatima
28. “A deep man believes that the evil eye can whither, the heart’s blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thought Provoking Evil Eye Quotes
29. “He did not seek to overcome evil with evil. He overcame evil with good. Although crucified by hate, he responded with aggressive love.” — Martin Luther King, Jr
30. “The evil eye brings a man to his grave and a camel into the cauldron.” — Prophet Muhammad
31. “The worst people on earth are not only those who commit evil, but those who stand by and turn a blind eye.” — Emmanuel Jal
32. “One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching.” — Gerard Way
33. “The worst people on earth are not only those who commit evil, but those who stand by and turn a blind eye.” — Emmanuel Jal
34. “She’s a devil in disguise, I can tell by looking in her eyes, little Miss Strange.” — Jimi Hendrix
35. “I gazed at the monster and couldn’t rip my gaze away. He was… beautifully twisted.” — Jennifer West
36. “Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil but then also do no evil.” — Amit Abraham
37. “[Two Evil Eyes] was shot in Pittsburgh, and that’s where I was born and raised, so it was really nice to be a part of Pittsburgh film culture.” — Julie Benz
38. “No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.” — Mary Shelley
Origins of the Evil Eye curse
The curse of the evil eye is meant to undo the recipient’s good fortune.
Heliodorus of Emesa captured the idea in the ancient Greek romance Aethiopica.
He wrote, “When anyone looks at what is excellent with an envious eye, he fills the surrounding atmosphere with a pernicious quality, and transmits his own envenomed exhalations into whatever is nearest to him.”
Makes you wonder who in your life is envious of you and casts secret, curseful, envious glances in your direction.
Interestingly, the evil eye doesn’t just appear in Greek texts.
There are also references in the Bible and the Quran.
Plutarch once claimed that blue-eyed people were better at delivering the curse.
This likely was because blue-eyed people were rare in the Mediterranean.
The bottom line here is to make sure you aren’t sending hateful glances at people because you are jealous of them.
Also, spend little time with people who glare at you behind your back because they are envious of the life you lead.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these evil eye quotes and sayings?
Do you own a piece of evil eye jewelry or some other fashion item?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
August 18, 2022 7:00 AM EST