Evil Eye Quotes About This Ancient Curse
February 3, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These evil eye quotes explain more about the curse that dates back to ancient Greece.
It is important to understand the difference between the evil eye itself (the curse) and the amulet (which dispels the curse).
Evil eye imagery has been bleeding into the fashion world with people like Kim Kardashian and Gigi Hadid sporting evil eyepieces.
You may also enjoy our article on:
The true evil eye is a curse transmitted through a malicious glare, usually inspired by envy.
Meanwhile, the ocular amulet is meant to ward off the curse.
The amulet is also referred to as a nazar, and has been around for thousands of years.
Where did the curse originate from?
What happened if you were cursed?
Keep reading through these evil eye quotes to learn more!
Don’t forget to also check out these monster quotes about real and imaginary evils.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Funny Evil Eye quotes
1. “And even though we both fly, give each other space and not the evil eye.” — Q-Tip
You will also enjoy our article on jealousy quotes.
2. “I have looked evil in the eye, my friend. I am afraid to say it does not blink.” — Adrian Cole
You will also enjoy our article on goodbye quotes.
3. “You’ll get quite an evil eye if you don’t leave a tip at the bar.” — Zach Braff
You will also enjoy our article on karma quotes.
4. “I think I’m close to lot of people in Bollywood, but I believe in evil eye, and I feel when I talk about friendships and relationships in public something somewhere goes wrong with it.” — Arjun Rampal
You will also enjoy our article on eyes quotes.
Short Evil Eye quotes
5. “Woe be to an evil eye.” — Danish Proverbs
You will also enjoy our article on itachi quotes.
6. “Evil is in the eye of the beholder.” — David Mitchell
You will also enjoy our article on shadow quotes.
7. “Evil has the eye of an angel.” — Deva Darkheart
You will also enjoy our article on bad bitch quotes.
8. “An evil eye can see no good.” — Danish proverbs
You will also enjoy our article on domestic violence quotes.
9. “May every evil eye in your life go blind.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on depression quotes.
10. “Who am I to justify, all the evil in our eye.” — D’Angelo
You will also enjoy our article on break up quotes.
11. “The evil eye is true, so perform ablution for it.” — Hadith
You will also enjoy our article on bad relationship quotes.
12. “Any eye is an evil eye that looks in on to a mood apart.” — Robert Frost
You will also enjoy our article on devil quotes.
Interesting Evil Eye quotes
13. “No notice is taken of a little evil, but when it increases it strikes the eye.” — Aristotle
You will also enjoy our article on perception quotes.
14. “Sixth sense, six pack, six degrees of separation / My evil third eye blinks with no hesitation.” — Ghostface Killah
15. “If we live according to the law an eye for an eye…, we will never escape from the spiral of evil.” — Pope Francis
16. “I have noticed that many who do not believe in god believe in everything else, even in the evil eye.” — Jules Verne
17. “Envy, my son, wears herself away, and droops like a lamb under the influence of the evil eye.” — Jacopo Sannazaro
18. “Reason! how many eyes hast thou to see evils, and how dim, nay, blind, thou art in preventing them.” — Philip Sidney
19. “When people have a sense of our military capability, nobody will ever dare to cast an evil eye on our nation.” — Narendra Modi
20. “There are more idols than realities in the world: that is my “evil eye” for this world, which is also my “evil ear”.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
21. “If a negative viewer looks at you with an ugly fiendish eye, find a way and pluck off his eyes, or better still, protect your good image.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
Evil Eye quotes about protection
22. “It is watchful gaze keep you safe from jealousy and harm.” — Unknown
23. “Carry with you the protection of this evil eye to ward off the power and threat of evil forces.” — Unknown
24. “I was named for my grandmother. It’s an evil-eye name, to protect you from bad things.” — Stana Katic
25. “I always wear my evil eye necklace to ward off bad karma. I always wear one to protect me.” — Gracie Gold
26. “May this evil eye protect you as you go about your day. May happiness surround you and stay out of harm’s way.” — Unknown
27. “Always tiptoe. I don’t want them to hear you. I need to keep you in a bubble. I don’t want them to hurt you. I fear the evil eye, I need to protect you from it.” — Juveria Fatima
28. “A deep man believes that the evil eye can whither, the heart’s blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thought Provoking Evil Eye Quotes
29. “He did not seek to overcome evil with evil. He overcame evil with good. Although crucified by hate, he responded with aggressive love.” — Martin Luther King, Jr
30. “The evil eye brings a man to his grave and a camel into the cauldron.” — Prophet Muhammad
31. “The worst people on earth are not only those who commit evil, but those who stand by and turn a blind eye.” — Emmanuel Jal
32. “One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching.” — Gerard Way
33. “May no evil eye peek thru window, keyhole, or gunsight at his white-haired face!” ― Allen Ginsberg
34. “She’s a devil in disguise, I can tell by looking in her eyes, little Miss Strange.” — Jimi Hendrix
35. “I gazed at the monster and couldn’t rip my gaze away. He was… beautifully twisted.” — Jennifer West
36. “Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil but then also do no evil.” — Amit Abraham
37. “[Two Evil Eyes] was shot in Pittsburgh, and that’s where I was born and raised, so it was really nice to be a part of Pittsburgh film culture.” — Julie Benz
38. “No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.” — Mary Shelley
Thought Provoking Evil Eye Quotes
39. “I will not live out of me. I will not see with others’ eyes. My good is good. My evil ill, I would be free.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “If evil lingers around you, it will rub off on you. It will cause stress, anxiety, and a lot of mental anguish!” — Stephen Richards
41. “We have to cover everything with the Lord himself, not a false sort of optimism, not by blinding our eyes to the evil, but by really seeing God in everything.” — Swami Vivekananda
42. “I don’t believe in the evil eye. If your soul is sinless, no evil eye can harm you. Even windstorm can fill dust in those houses whose windows are shaky.” — Sunanda Das
43. “For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those that do evil.” — Saint Peter
44. “I will hide my heart in your heart, and you will hide your heart in my heart, and no evil eye will hear it, our common heart, as familiar, in unison, it throbs to the world.” — Kristian Goldmund Aumann
45. “Men are most powerfully affected by those evils which themselves feel, or which appear before their own eyes.” — Samuel Johnson
46. “Justice, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Some see an innocent victim. Others will see evil incarnate getting exactly what’s deserved.” — Emily Thorne
47. “A little black girl yearns for the blue eyes of a little white girl, and the horror at the heart of her yearning is exceeded only by the evil of fulfillment.” — Toni Morrison
48. “She flashed me the evil eye, which I found spooky that college professors could do every bit as manically as any grade school teacher.” — Elle Klass
Evil Eye Quotes to Ignite Your Spirit
49. “Fury is the best fuel of all. It is so clean, so marvelous, so ruthless. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, rage against evil is better than sorrow. Sorrow can’t balance the scales.” ― Lilith Saintcrow
50. “If your success is not amazing to your critics, it disturbs, infuriates, and frustrates them, and if they’re not careful, may go hang themselves and go to hell.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
51. “You see with your eyes. This means you can be misled by charm, by outward appearance. By webs of glamor, by surface pretenses. I do not see with my eyes. I see good, and I see evil. Nothing else.” ― Neil Gaiman
52. “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
53. “For all good and evil, whether in the body or in human nature, originates in the soul, and overflows from thence, as from the head into the eyes.” ― Plato
54. “In being realistic, we do not always have to be pessimistic. Christ never blinked his eyes at bad things, but He never became so obsessed with human evil that He lost faith in man.” ― Ralph Washington Sockman
55. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke
56. “Unfortunately, it is much easier to shut one’s eyes to good than to evil. Pain and sorrow knock at our doors more loudly than pleasure and happiness, and the prints of their heavy footsteps are less easily effaced.” ― Thomas Huxley
57. “Night is a stealthy, evil raven wrapt to the eyes in his black wings.” ― Thomas Bailey Aldrich
58. “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” ― Albert Einstein
Evil Eye Quotes to Break The Curse
59. “The evil eye is like a storm that can leave destruction in its wake, unless it is countered by the power of love and compassion.” ― Mother Teresa
60. “The evil eye is a dangerous force that can disrupt the balance of life and bring suffering to those it touches.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte
61. “An evil eye is a curse that can bring misfortune and ill luck to those who fall under its spell.” ― Albert Einstein
62. “The evil eye is a dark shadow that can be cast over someone’s life, causing misfortune and hardship.” ― William Shakespeare
63. “An evil eye is a destructive force that can erode the foundations of even the strongest minds.” ― Plato
64. “The evil eye is a silent assassin that can strike without warning.” ― Aristotle
65. “An evil eye is a cruel weapon that can cause more harm than a physical attack.” ― Maya Angelou
66. “The evil eye is a powerful force that can harm those who are vulnerable to it.” ― Jimmy Carter
67. “An evil eye cast upon our prosperity has the power to diminish it.” ― Alexander Pope
68. “The evil eye is a curse believed to be cast by a malevolent glare, usually given to a person when they are unaware.” ― Taylor Swift
Origins of the Evil Eye curse
The curse of the evil eye is meant to undo the recipient’s good fortune.
Heliodorus of Emesa captured the idea in the ancient Greek romance Aethiopica.
He wrote, “When anyone looks at what is excellent with an envious eye, he fills the surrounding atmosphere with a pernicious quality, and transmits his own envenomed exhalations into whatever is nearest to him.”
Makes you wonder who in your life is envious of you and casts secret, curseful, envious glances in your direction.
Interestingly, the evil eye doesn’t just appear in Greek texts.
There are also references in the Bible and the Quran.
Plutarch once claimed that blue-eyed people were better at delivering the curse.
This likely was because blue-eyed people were rare in the Mediterranean.
The bottom line here is to make sure you aren’t sending hateful glances at people because you are jealous of them.
Also, spend little time with people who glare at you behind your back because they are envious of the life you lead.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these evil eye quotes and sayings?
Do you own a piece of evil eye jewelry or some other fashion item?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
November 9, 2022 at 7:03 PM
Yes! I buy all of my evil eye accessories from freshàlamode. Best authentic evil eye accessories! Find her on Instagram!