Get your sparkle on with our fabulous glitter quotes!
Glitter has a long history of making life more fun and beautiful.
Our glitter quotes are exactly what you need to brighten up your day!
You might also like these related articles:
What is glitter?
This is an interesting question.
The Oxford Dictionary defines glitter as an intangible type of sparkling light.
Scientifically speaking, glitter is aluminum metalized polyethylene terephthalate.
That word is a mouthful, so most people call it glitter.
Glitter, as we know it, comes from taking more prominent pieces of glitter and breaking them down into smaller particles.
Glitter is a touchable product, an assemblage of touchable products that make an aggregate, like rice.
Who was the first to use glitter?
The word glitter comes from an old Norse word, glitra, which is a verb that means to shine.
The first known use of the word glitter comes from the 14th century.
However, that is just word usage; cave paintings from the Upper Paleolithic period from 40,000 BCE use glitter.
Ancient Mayan temples adorned the walls with glitter for special occasions.
Needless to say, many ancient cultures employed glitter in their culture.
Why do humans love glitter so much?
It is said that even people who hate glitter love glitter.
Humans are naturally attracted to things that shine.
Even as babies, we tend to lick glossy plates, love mirrors, and shove shiny things in our mouths.
One scientific theory is that humans’ natural desire and attraction to shiny things comes from an innate need to seek fresh water.
It was not until the 20th century that people manufactured glitter.
Before the invention of glitter, humans could observe things that glitter, like glass or a precious stone or metal.
Tinsel has been around for hundreds of years, but when tinsel is broken down, it makes more tinsel, not glitter.
The invention of glitter revolutionized the ease it which we could access glitter and observe sparkling light.
To learn more about glitter, check out our awesome glitter quotes below for more sparkling content.
Short glitter quotes that shine
Glitter is awesome; these quotes don’t need many words to showcase its fun.
1. “Glitter is my makeup of choice.” — Kesha
2. “All that glitters is not gold.” — Mark Twain
3. “Less bitter more glitter.” — Meghan Rhodes
4. “Throw glitter in today’s face.” — Anonymous
5. “When in doubt, just add glitter.” — Amy Lynn
6. “All that glitters is not hovery.” — Scott Westerfeld
7. “A life without glitter is no life at all.” — Toni Collette
8. “Shower the world with pink and glitter.” — Tori Collins
9. “A little glitter can turn your whole day around.” — Barbara Park
10. “When you are around me, you are going to get glitter on you.” — Kesha
Glitter quotes and sayings to help you shine
Glitter adds to the joy of life by making things beautiful.
11. “Life won’t sparkle unless you do.” — CraftyChica
12. “Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.” — Demetri Martin
13. “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” — Harry Winston
14. “Some girls are born with glitter in their veins.” — Paris Hilton
15. “There is no problem in life which glitter can’t fix.” — The Wanderer
16. “I feel like I am a superhero diva, and my power is glitter.” — Jujubee
17. “I have a magpie mind. I like anything that glitters.” — Roy Thomson
18. “Fortune is like glass-The brighter the glitter, the more easily broken.” — Publilius Syrus
19. “And when all the glitter fades, there’ll still be stardust in her veins.” — Michelle Schaper
20. “You know you`re putting a good thing out into the universe when you put on glitter.” — Drew Barrymore
Glitter quotes about love, holidays, and coming together
Glitter makes all events more festive, and these quotes celebrate shining bright.
21. “Glitter, sparkle, twinkle, and shine!” — Anonymous
22. “I feel like glitter every time you come around.” — Tyler The Creator
23. “If something doesn`t look right, throw some glitter on it.” — Adam Lambert
24. “You’re my glitter and gold; there’s diamonds in your eyes.” — Ever Elsewhere
25. “The holidays are just another excuse to wear more glitter.” — Danielle Parker
26. “Even dirt glitters when the sun shines upon it.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
27. “Every creature is a glittering, glistening mirror of Divinity.” — Hildegard of Bingen
28. “When life gives you Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day.” — Ella Woodward
29. “She bleeds glitter and sweats charisma. A walking aphrodisiac.” — Erin Van Vuren
30. “It’s not my fault. When I was a baby, I was dropped in a pile of pink glitter, and I’ve been really sparkly ever since.” — Carly Wood
Glitter quotes about sparkling and shining
The sparkles make glitter fun, and these quotes remind us why we all need a little sparkle in our lives.
31. “You were born to sparkle.” — Aliya
32. “Keep calm and just sparkle.” — Reiki
33. “Unleash your inner sparkle.” — Laurie Ann
34. “Dream big sparkle more shine bright.” — Anonymous
35. “Share your sparkle wherever you are.” — Dodinsky
36. “Do more of what makes you sparkle.” — Michelle Farmar
37. “You are the sparkle in my eyes; I love you!” — Anonymous
38. “We are all stars, and we deserve to twinkle” — Marilyn Monroe
39. “Get your sparkle on. Show this world where you belong.” — Barbie
40. “Use each moment to make another’s eyes sparkle and to warm a heart.” — Doreen Virtue
All that glitters is not gold quotes about life
Glitter can make things fun or reflect what we do not wish to see.
41. “Being gay is like glitter; it never goes away.” — Lady Gaga
42. “Don`t let anyone or anything dull your sparkle.” — Pradeepa Pandiyan
43. “You must not be afraid to sparkle a little brighter, darling” — Kristen Kalp
44. “All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.” — J. R. R. Tolkien
45. “I was poor white trash, no glitter, no glamour, but I’m not ashamed of anything.” — Eminem
46. “Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the instruments of the wise.” — Samuel Lover
47. “Every woman in this world wears a little sparkle, some in their dress, and some in their eyes.” — Shahla Khan
48. “Yosemite Valley, to me, is always a sunrise, a glitter of green and golden wonder in a vast edifice of stone and space.” — Ansel Adams
49. “Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is.” — Mae West
50. “They said they wanted a lot of feathers, glitter, colorful colors-a costume. So I had a lady here in Calgary make it. She just kind of put together what I had in mind.” — Owen Hart
Is glitter toxic to humans?
Children love glitter, and why shouldn’t they?
It is understandable why kids are attracted to glitter; it is sparkly and makes events fun.
But what happens if a child decides to put glitter in their mouth?
Poison control centers get hundreds of calls yearly from concerned parents with children who swallow glitter.
Well, for the most part, glitter is harmless, but there are some dangers you should know about.
The bad news is that glitter is messy; just think about all those birthday cards with glitter on them you have probably received.
The glitter hangs around for days!
The good news is that it will not kill you.
Modern glitter is made from plastic and may include reflective material such as aluminum foil.
Small amounts of glitter are not toxic if swallowed, but ingesting large quantities is not recommended.
If a child swallows glitter, it is recommended that the caretaker wipe the child’s hands and mouth with a wet cloth.
You may give them water, but do not try to induce vomiting.
What is your favorite glitter quote?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments below.