Relax, unwind, and begin your evening with our magical golden hour quotes.
Golden hour is a colloquial term that refers to natural lightning during sunrise and sunset.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
What is the golden hour?
The time of the golden hour changes depending on who you ask.
In photography, the golden hour is when the sun is close to the horizon on a sunny day.
During this time, the light of the sun appears warmer and softer.
This particular time is known as the golden hour, or the magic hour by photographers.
Check out these golden hour facts below:
- These magnificent angles of illumination are known as civil twilight and civil dusk.
- Golden hour light occurs when the sun is six degrees below or above the horizon.
- Earth’s upper atmosphere reflects the sunlight, causing a golden-reddish appearance.
The science behind the golden hour
Golden hour is a natural phenomenon.
The sun skews the light through Earth’s lower atmosphere when it is six degrees below or above the horizon line.
The water droplets and dust particles in the atmosphere filter the light’s brightness, causing a vivid golden hue that engulfs the scenery.
Earth’s thick layer of atmosphere scatters the blue and violet wavelengths, allowing more orange and red spectrums to reach our eyes.
The golden hour glow results from decreased sunlight’s color temperature.
The golden hour and childbirth
Photographers are not the only professionals who have a golden hour.
The sun and Earth have a special relationship, and their cosmic dance results in a beautiful golden hour at specific points in the day.
However, in terms of human beings, the golden hour is one of the most critical moments of our lives.
The first hour after birth, when a mother or father has uninterrupted skin-to-skin contact with a newborn child, is known as the golden hour.
This period is essential for the baby’s well-being.
For several reasons, the golden hour of birth is critical to the newborn’s health.
What a great birthday gift to your brand-new baby!
As children, we spend nine months in a brilliantly controlled environment; the womb.
When we transition from the womb into physical reality, it is the first time we are at the whim of our physical environment.
The golden hour of skin-to-skin contact between newborn and parent is critical because it helps to regulate the baby’s temperature, helps control their respiration, and minimizes the risk of low blood sugar.
If you want bright content, check out the golden hour quotes below.
Short golden hour sunset quotes
There is something truly sublime about the golden hour of sunset.
1. “I love the golden hour in the evening.” — Stacy London
2. “Sunsets are just little glimpses of the golden streets of Heaven.” — Anonymous
3. “My joy is the golden sunset giving thanks for another day.” — Jonathan Lockwood
4. “The horizon is the fine line between golden hour and blue hour.” — Destin Sparks
5. “They sipped until the sun, as golden as syrupy as the bourbon, slipped into the sea.”― Delia Owens
6. “Neither the sunrise nor the sunset, you are the golden hour that would soon evanescent.” — Abhipsa Kanungo
7. “The golden hour: that hour of sunshine where the world looks the way in looks in your dreams.” — Danny Wallace
8. “Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes.” — Horace Mann
9. “They always stayed at the beach to enjoy the golden hour, that hour when the sun sank low enough to spangle the water.” — Elin Hilderbrand
10. “It’s an old, established rule, but “golden hour” lighting is ideal because the first and last hours of sunlight are diffuse and warm.” — Amy Webb
The magic of golden hour quotes
These quotes capture that special moment when the lighting is perfect; the golden hour.
11. “Golden hour of magical light, the sky is alive.” — Tanish Kherotia
12. “The golden hours on angel wings flew over me and my dearie.” — Robert Burns
13. “You are like golden hour; it all glows different when you’re here.” — Butterflies Rising
14. “Let us drink together, fellows, as we did in days of yore. And still, enjoy the golden hours that Fortune has in store.” — Albert Pike
15. “Golden hours of vision come to us in this present life, when we are at our best, and our faculties work together in harmony.” — Charles Fletcher Dole
16. “You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by, but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by.” — James M. Barrie
17. “It was deep afternoon when shadows begin to grow, light becomes gold, and you realize that this particular day has reached its destiny.” ― Vicki Covington
18. “The camera eye was also suffused with what photographers called the Golden Hour; the gilt-tinted hour following sunrise and preceding sunset.” ― Ray Smith
19. “Don’t do small stuff early in your energy cycle or you’ll blow your ‘golden hours,’ but occasionally you have to do the ‘possible’ to develop the momentum for the killer task.” — Helen Gurley Brown
20. “It was the magic hour, the moment in time when every leaf and blade of grass seemed to separate, when sunlight, burnished by the rain and softened by the coming night, gave the world an impossibly beautiful glow.” — Kristin Hannah
Golden Hour quotes and sayings
21. “Gold runs in our blood.” — Virginia Woolf
22. “Golden hour is my happy hour.” — Anonymous
23. “Golden hour is the best time of day.” — Anonymous
24. “Baby, don’t you know that you’re my golden hour.” — Anonymous
25. “Invest the first hour of the day, the ‘Golden Hour,’ in yourself.” — Brian Tracy
26. “But above all, I sing a common thought that joins us in the dark and golden hours.” — Federico Garcia Lorca
27. “You can’t just sit there and wait for the people to give you that golden dream. You’ve got to get out there and make it happen for yourself.” — Diana Ross
28. “I would like to have a workshop attached to every school and one hour a day given up to the teaching of simple decorative arts. It would be a golden hour for the children.” — Oscar Wilde
30. “The golden hour of invention must terminate like other hours, and when the man of genius returns to the cares, the duties, the vexations, and the amusements of life, his companions behold him as one of themselves — the creature of habits and infirmities.” —Isaac D’Israeli
Golden hour quotes about love and life
Life naturally comes with challenges, but it also comes with beauty and cosmic order.
See the golden hour in every day you have.
31. “Her smiles are like the morning sun that illuminates my world.” — Debasish Mridha
32. “Golden hour of twilight sets the stage. It’s time for the silhouettes, the shadow puppets.” — Sumathi
33. “There is no eleventh hour with cosmic ordering, only the golden hour.” — Stephen Richards
34. “What golden hour of life, what glittering moment will ever equal the pain its loss can cause?” — Paul Valery
35. “A kind of golden hour one remembers for a lifetime. Everything was touched with magic.” — Margaret Bourke-White
36. “The first fresh hour of every morning should be dedicated to the Lord, whose mercy gladens it with golden light.” — Charles Spurgeon
37. “There is a flower, a little flower With silver crest and golden eye that welcomes every changing hour, And weathers every sky.” — James Montgomery
38. “The golden trail was blazed, and I was reminded of the eternal, of Mozart, of the stars. For an hour, I could breathe again and live and face existence.” — Hermann Hesse
39. “And let these altars, wreathed with flowers And piled with fruits, awake again Thanksgivings for the golden hours, The early and the latter rain!” — John Greenleaf Whittier
40. “The sun was a fiery furnace of gold, but finally it set in the west, and the cosmos glittered like a million burning embers, briefly reminding Awa of poetry readings under starry skies in Timbuktu.” ― Rehan Khan
Golden Hour quotes about magic and sunlight
What makes golden hour special is that everyone has a different version of the perfect golden hour.
41. “You must always make time for golden hour.” — Anonymous
42. “I can take about an hour on the tower of power, as long as I get a little golden shower.” — Frank Zappa
43. “The magic of the golden hour glow is that it naturally increases the beauty in anything or anyone it touches.” — Anonymous
44. “I felt the colors enter my veins: warm light-pink shining golden rays; if there was a hue for happiness, I’m sure I saw it with you then.” — Aditi Babel
45. “Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-pained by a graffiti artist.” — Mia Kirshner
46. “During the golden hour, jumping out the tower, feeling blessed, towel wrapped, stepping fresh up out the shower. This morning is great.” — Anonymous
47. “The sunlight paints us gold during the golden hour. You are the one I hold during the golden hour. Together we cannot get cold during the golden hour” — Anonymous
48. “History teaches us these lessons for the interveners: leave your prejudices at home, keep your ambitions low, have enough resources to do the job, do not lose the golden hour, make security your first priority, involve the neighbors.” — Paddy Ashdown
49. “You don’t know how wearisome it is to breathe the air of four pent walls without relief day after day, all the golden hours of the day between ten and four without ease or interposition these pestilential clerk faces always in one’s dish!” — Charles Lamb
50. “Why, I wonder, do people who at one time or another have all been young themselves, and who ought, therefore, to know better, generalize so suavely and so mendaciously about the golden hours of youth-that period of life when every sorrow seems permanent, and every setback insuperable?” — Vera Brittain
Make your golden hour count
Another type of golden hour exists in education and personal development.
The first hour we are awake after sleep is an opportune time of day.
Our brains are firing on all cylinders after we wake up from a restful night’s sleep.
Researchers and educators refer to this time of day as the golden hour.
Taking thirty minutes of our day to focus on our goals, visualizing, reflecting, and meditating on them is a powerful tool for manifesting our desires.
The golden hour sets the tone for the rest of the day.
The things we do in the first hour of our day prepare our minds for the rest of our day.
In the classroom, educators often choose learning subjects that students struggle with, such as literacy and mathematics, as morning activities because this is when the brain retains the most information.
We all have different golden hours during our twenty-four-hour cycle.
Regardless of when our golden hour occurs, we must actively make the most of our time.
Do you have a favorite golden hour quote?
Please, be sure to let us know in the comments below.