This collection of Brian Tracy quotes will help you be more productive and motivated than you have ever been before!
Before we dive into these wise words, though, you might be wondering, “Just who is Brian Tracy?”
Well, if you have ever heard the saying, “Eat that frog” as it relates to your daily routine and habits, then you have Brian Tracy to thank for it!
Brian Tracy is a Canadian-American motivational speaker and author.
He wrote more than eighty books that have been translated into dozens of languages.
Some of his most popular books include Earn What You’re Really Worth, Eat That Frog!, No Excuses!
The Power of Self-Discipline and The Psychology of Achievement.
Keep reading through these Brian Tracy quotes for more tips on living your most motivated and productive life!
Motivational Brian Tracy Quotes about a productive life
1. “Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: When you really drill down on the issue of human behavior, you would be amazed at how many decisions are made because of desire and fear. When we really want something, we make it happen. We avoid certain decisions because of fear that it won’t work (or fear that it will). Look at the last time you made a decision. Was it based on desire or fear?
2. “Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: The brain believes what we tell it. So, if you are saying things to yourself like “We are never going to be successful,” you will create a self-fulfilling prophecy. Manifesting has become a popular concept thanks to the Law of Attraction. Learn more about manifesting your destiny in this article.
3. “Successful people are simply those with successful habits.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: “Thoughts become words, words become actions, and actions become habits.” The rest of this Lao-Tzu quote reminds us that our habits become our character and our character becomes our destiny. Are you developing habits meant to bring about success?
4. “The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Next time you are trying to do something or make a decision and fear of losing something creeps into your mind, just shift your focus. Instead of worrying over what you have to lose, ask yourself what you have to gain. Doing this every time will change your decision-making process, and help you be open to all the accomplishments that are waiting for you.
5. “Whatever you believe with feeling becomes your reality.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Again, your brain is only capable of believing what you tell it. It will become your reality because of the psychological phenomenon called “self-fulfilling prophecy” (also known as interpersonal expectancy effect). Essentially, a person’s expectancy for someone else’s behavior brings about that behavior.
6. “Always choose the future over the past. What do we do now?” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: The past is done and gone. You can not change any of what has happened. The only thing you can do is learn from it. Focusing on the present moment and making plans for the future is a much better use of your energy.
7. “It doesn’t matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Sure, where you came from matters in the sense of shaping who you are. However, it does not define who you are or what you will accomplish. What truly matters is where you want to go and how you live and act in the present moment. Are you making decisions in the present that will help you move closer to where you want to go?
8. “Your greatest asset is your earning ability. Your greatest resource is your time.” – Brian Tracy
9. “Imagine no limitations; decide what’s right and desirable before you decide what’s possible.” – Brian Tracy
10. “Today the greatest single source of wealth is between your ears.” – Brian Tracy
More Brian Tracy quotes about being productive
11. “If you raise your children to feel that they can accomplish any goal or task they decide upon, you will have succeeded as a parent and you will have given your children the greatest of all blessings.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Parents play such a significant role in who their children become. Remember that as you help guide your little ones through life! If you did not have parents that set you up with this great blessing, that is ok! You can still choose to be successful and live your best life. Check out this article about coping with parenting mistakes.
12. “Whatever we expect with confidence becomes our own self-fulfilling prophecy.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Make sure your thoughts and the way you speak to yourself are going to propel you forward. Confidence, self-worth, and a healthy dose of belief will help you reach your goals. If we aren’t speaking to ourselves the right way, we can set a self-fulfilling prophecy in the other direction!
13. “I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: What is luck? If you asked Gautama Buddha there is no such thing. He taught that all things that happen have a cause, either material or physical. Your locus of control will also play a part in defining how you feel about luck. However, following logic you might just agree with Brian Tracy!
14. “Imagine no limitations; decide what’s right and desirable before you decide what’s possible.” – Brian Tracy
15. “The person we believe ourselves to be will always act in a manner consistent with our self-image.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: The human brain believes what you tell it. So, if you constantly tell yourself that you are worthy, smart, and capable then you will behave in a way that is congruent with that belief. However, if you tell yourself that you are a loser, stupid, or undeserving of good things, then your behavior will reflect that self-image. Start telling your brain some more positive things, and you will be amazed at the way things change.
16. “All successful people are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Dream big! Imagine the future you want (and tell yourself that you will achieve it). The very next step, is to take action that aligns with this belief. It may not be easy, and will require hard work and sacrifice, but the only true limitations you face are the ones you place on yourself.
17. “You have to put in many, many, many tiny efforts that nobody sees or appreciates before you achieve anything worthwhile.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Many, many efforts, both big and tiny are required before you reach your goals. Most people just see a successful person, and think, “They are so lucky.” However, it is not luck—it is the culmination of effort and determination.
18. “The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term, is the indispensable prerequisite for success.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Delayed gratification is truly the thing that makes success possible. It works with health goals, financial goals, relationship goals, and really any goal you might have! Learn more about what delayed gratification really is in this article.
19. “You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Recognize your own inner strength, resiliency, and sense of logic. You are stronger than you think, and these things will help you cope with whatever you are facing. Remember you are also not alone, and if you need to then lean on your support system or look for a therapist.
20. “Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.” – Brian Tracy
21. “You have within you, right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: The things you experience will help you recognize certain traits within yourself. Some traits seem more prevalent in some people than they do in others. Yet, each of us has our spirit, our inner strength, and our will. If you believe that you can survive what life throws your way, then you will!
22. “Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Life is not a solo sport. There are going to be people in your orbit at every turn. Learning how to work, communicate, and socialize with people, are all traits that will help you at some point in life. Read more about teamwork in the work place in this article.
23. “The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.” – Brian Tracy
24. “Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s like riding a bicycle or typing. If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of very part of your life.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Communication involves verbal, nonverbal, and written forms of relaying information. Part of the communication process is receiving the information that is being presented. This means in order to improve your overall communication skills you must work on things like body language and listening too.
25. “You perform at your highest potential only when you are focusing on the most valuable use of your time.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: This is why learning how to prioritize matters. What is going to get you closer to your goals? Do those tasks first! Also, learn to understand the difference between being productive and being busy. They are not the same, and being busy is not the best use of your time.
26. “The law of correspondence says your outer world is a mirror of your inner world. Your outer world corresponds to your inner world. Your outer world of your relationships—especially with your children and spouse—simply corresponds to how you feel about yourself, how you’re doing” – Brian Tracy
27. “Get it 80 percent right and then correct it later.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: This is great advice if you struggle with perfectionism. Perfectionism keeps us from getting anything done. It will never be perfect: it can be great, it can be your best effort, and it can be done…but not perfect. If you get it done and mostly right, then you can improve it at a later date.
28. “Throughout my career, I have discovered and rediscovered a simple truth.It is this: the ability to concentrate single-mindedly on your most important task, to do it well and to finish it completely, is the key to great success, achievement, respect, status and happiness in life.” – Brian Tracy
Which Brian Tracy quotes are your favorite?
Each of these quotes can help you shift your mindset and help you reach the success you deserve.
If you want to learn even more than check out one of Brian Tracy’s books.
They are a wealth of good information.
After all, Brian Tracy owns a counseling company that specializes in leadership, selling, self-esteem, goals, strategy, creativity, and success psychology.
If you are looking for some help with those areas, then his books are a great place to start!
Let us know which quote you liked the most using the comment section below!
June 9, 2022 5:00 AM EST