This collection of Brian Tracy quotes will help you be more productive and motivated than you have ever been before! Before we dive in to these wise words, though, you might be wondering, “Just who is Brian Tracy?”
Well, if you have ever heard the saying, “Eat that frog” as it relates to your daily routine and habits, then you have Brian Tracy to thank for it! Brian Tracy is a Canadian-American motivational speaker and author.
He wrote more than eighty books that have been translated into dozens of languages. Some of his most popular books include Earn What You’re Really Worth, Eat That Frog!, No Excuses! The Power of Self-Discipline and The Psychology of Achievement.
Keep reading through these Brian Tracy quotes for more tips on living your most motivated and productive life!
Motivational Brian Tracy Quotes about a productive life
1. “The person we believe ourselves to be will always act in a manner consistent with our self-image.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: The human brain believes what you tell it. So, if you constantly tell yourself that you are worthy, smart, and capable then you will behave in a way that is congruent with that belief. However, if you tell yourself that you are a loser, stupid, or undeserving of good things, then your behavior will reflect that self-image. Start telling your brain some more positive things, and you will be amazed at the way things change.
2. “All successful people are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Dream big! Imagine the future you want (and tell yourself that you will achieve it). The very next step, is to take action that aligns with this belief. It may not be easy, and will require hard work and sacrifice, but the only true limitations you face are the ones you place on yourself.
3. “You have to put in many, many, many tiny efforts that nobody sees or appreciates before you achieve anything worthwhile.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Many, many efforts, both big and tiny are required before you reach your goals. Most people just see a successful person, and think, “They are so lucky.” However, it is not luck—it is the culmination of effort and determination.
4. “Successful people are simply those with successful habits.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: “Thoughts become words, words become actions, and actions become habits.” The rest of this Lao-Tzu quote reminds us that our habits become our character and our character becomes our destiny. Are you developing habits meant to bring about success?
5. “The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Next time you are trying to do something or make a decision and fear of losing something creeps into your mind, just shift your focus. Instead of worrying over what you have to lose, ask yourself what you have to gain. Doing this every time will change your decision making process, and help you be open to all the accomplishments that are waiting for you.
6. “If you raise your children to feel that they can accomplish any goal or task they decide upon, you will have succeeded as a parent and you will have given your children the greatest of all blessings.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Parents play such a significant role in who their children become. Remember that as you help guide your little ones through life! If you did not have parents that set you up with this great blessing, that is ok! You can still choose to be successful and live your best life. Check out this article about coping with parenting mistakes.
7. “Whatever we expect with confidence becomes our own self-fulfilling prophecy.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Make sure your thoughts and the way you speak to yourself are going to propel you forward. Confidence, self-worth, and a healthy dose of belief will help you reach your goals. If we aren’t speaking to ourselves the right way, we can set a self-fulfilling prophecy in the other direction!
8. “The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term, is the indispensable prerequisite for success.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Delayed gratification is truly the thing that makes success possible. It works with health goals, financial goals, relationship goals, and really any goal you might have! Learn more about what delayed gratification really is in this article.
9. “You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Recognize your own inner strength, resiliency, and sense of logic. You are stronger than you think, and these things will help you cope with whatever you are facing. Remember you are also not alone, and if you need to then lean on your support system or look for a therapist.
10. “Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.” – Brian Tracy
Everyday Application: Life is not a solo sport. There are going to be people in your orbit at every turn. Learning how to work, communicate, and socialize with people, are all traits that will help you at some point in life. Read more about teamwork in the work place in this article.
11. “The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.” – Brian Tracy
More Brian Tracy quotes about being productive
12. “I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.” – Brian Tracy
13. “Imagine no limitations; decide what’s right and desirable before you decide what’s possible.” – Brian Tracy
14. “Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear.” – Brian Tracy
15. “Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.” – Brian Tracy
16. “Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.” – Brian Tracy
17. “It doesn’t matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going.” – Brian Tracy
18. “Your greatest asset is your earning ability. Your greatest resource is your time.” – Brian Tracy
19. “You have within you, right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” – Brian Tracy
20. “Whatever you believe with feeling becomes your reality.” – Brian Tracy
21. “Always choose the future over the past. What do we do now?” – Brian Tracy
22. “Imagine no limitations; decide what’s right and desirable before you decide what’s possible.” – Brian Tracy
23. “Today the greatest single source of wealth is between your ears.” – Brian Tracy
24. “Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s like riding a bicycle or typing. If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of very part of your life.” – Brian Tracy
25. “You perform at your highest potential only when you are focusing on the most valuable use of your time. This is the key to personal and business success. It is the central issue in personal efficiency and time management.
You must always be asking yourself, What is the most valuable use of my time right now? Discipline yourself to work exclusively on the one task that, at any given time, is the answer to this question. Keep yourself on track and focused on your most important responsibilities by asking yourself, over and over, What is the most valuable use of my time right now?
How you can apply this law immediately: 1. Remember that you can do only one thing at a time. Stop and think before you begin. Be sure that the task you do is the highest-value use of your time. Remind yourself that anything else you do while your most important task remains undone is a relative waste of time. 2. Be clear about the most valuable work that you do for your organization.
Whatever it is, resolve to concentrate on doing that specific task before anything else. Why are you on the payroll? What specific, tangible, measurable results are expected of you?
And of all the different results you are capable of achieving, which are the most important to your career at this moment? Whatever the answer, this is where you must focus your energies, and nowhere else.” – Brian Tracy
26. “The law of correspondence says your outer world is a mirror of your inner world. Your outer world corresponds to your inner world. Your outer world of your relationships—especially with your children and spouse—simply corresponds to how you feel about yourself, how you’re doing” – Brian Tracy
27. “Get it 80 percent right and then correct it later.” Run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes. Don’t expect perfection the first time or even the first few times. Be prepared to fail over and over before you get it right. The biggest enemies we have to overcome on the road to success are not a lack of ability and a lack of opportunity but fears of failure and rejection and the doubts that they trigger. The only way to overcome your fears is to “do the thing you fear,” – Brian Tracy
28. “Throughout my career, I have discovered and rediscovered a simple truth.It is this: the ability to concentrate single-mindedly on your most important task, to do it well and to finish it completely, is the key to great success, achievement, respect, status and happiness in life.” – Brian Tracy
Which Brian Tracy quotes are your favorite?
Each of these quotes can help you shift your mindset and help you reach the success you deserve. If you want to learn even more than check out one of Brian Tracy’s books. They are a wealth of good information.
After all, Brian Tracy owns a counseling company that specializes in leadership, selling, self-esteem, goals, strategy, creativity, and success psychology. If you are looking for some help with those areas, then his books are a great place to start!
Let us know which quote you liked the most using the comment section below!
May 11, 2022 6:46 AM EST