Fans of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit will love these Gollum quotes!
Gollum was once a Stoor Hobbit called Smeagol.
He found the “One Ring,” which corrupted him to the point of changing appearance over the years and living alone in fear of someone discovering his ring.
He is now known by the name Gollum because of the horrible swallowing noise he constantly makes.
When Smeagol found the “One Ring,” he murdered his relative Deagol to ensure that he had the Ring all to himself.
He loves the ring more than life and refers to it as “My Precious.”
Take a look at these Gollum quotes to learn more about this twisted but important character.
You will also enjoy our article on Samwise Gamgee quotes.
Best Gollum Quotes from the Lord of the Rings
If you love the Lord of the Rings books and films, you’re sure to remember these Gollum quotes.
1. “Never! Smeagol wouldn’t hurt a fly!” — Gollum
2. “It came to me, my own, my love, my precious.” — Gollum
3. “They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses.” — Gollum
4. “Master betrayed us.” — Gollum
5. “We ought to wring his filthy little neck. Kill him!” — Gollum
6. “We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious.” — Gollum
7. “We be nice to them if they nice to us.” — Gollum
8. “Smeagol lied.” — Gollum
9. “We’re not in decent places.” — Gollum
10. “He doesn’t know what we minds, does he, precious?” — Gollum
11. “He’s a horrid, fat Hobbit, who hates Sméagol, and who makes up nasty lies!” — Gollum
12. “And we forgot the taste of bread… the sound of trees… the softness of the wind. We even forgot our own name.” — Gollum
13. “Smeagol promises to Precious, promises faithfully. Never come again, never speak, no never!” — Gollum
14. “My name… Sme… Smeagol.” — Gollum
Best Smeagol Quotes from the Lord of the Rings
You can tell from the following quotes that Smeagol doesn’t always agree with Gollum, even though they are one and the same.
15. “Smeagol hates nasty elf bread.” — Smeagol
16. “I’m not listening… I’m not listening.” — Smeagol
17. “The precious will be ours… once the Hobbitses are dead!” — Smeagol
18. “Mustn’t go that way! Mustn’t hurt the Precious!” — Smeagol
19. “Leave now and never come back!” — Smeagol
20. “Cruel men hurts us. Master tricked us.” — Smeagol
21. “Master looks after us now. We don’t need you anymore.” — Smeagol
22. “But the fat Hobbit, he knows. Eyes always watching.” — Smeagol
23. “The rock and pool is nice and cool, so juicy sweet. Our only wish to catch a fish, so juicy sweet.” — Smeagol
24. “We swears to serve the master of the precious. We will swear on… on… the precious.” — Gollum
25. “Deep down here by the dark water lived old Gollum, a small slimy creature. I don’t know where he came from, nor who or what he was.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
What is the Purpose of the Character Gollum?
Gollum plays an important role in both stories, The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
Gollum is the one who puts everything in the stories in motion by discovering the long-lost “One Ring.”
In The Hobbit, he plays a pivotal role by losing the Ring to Bilbo, and in The Lord of the Rings, he acts as the evil guide for Frodo in his quest to be rid of the Ring.
Please share these Gollum quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about the character in the comment section below.