The Lord of the Rings fans will love these The Hobbit quotes from the prequel!
The Hobbit is a three-movie series of fantasy adventures that Peter Jackson directed.
The movies in the series are An Unexpected Journey in 2012, The Desolation of Smaug in 2013, and The Battle of the Five Armies in 2014.
All three movies are based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s 1937 novel “The Hobbit” and serve as a prequel to the three-movie series The Lord of the Rings.
The films’ cast includes Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Benedict Cumberbatch, Evangeline Lilly, Orlando Bloom, and many other talented actors.
Filming of the movies took place in various locations in New Zealand.
The Hobbit series was met with mediocre reception from critics.
Still, it did well with fans, where it grossed over $2.9 billion against a budget between $700-$745 million.
Take a look at these The Hobbit quotes to learn more about this epic series!
You will also enjoy our article on The Lord of the Rings quotes.
The Hobbit Quotes From Bilbo and Gandalf
Check out some of the best quotes from two of the main characters!
1. “I’m going on an Adventure!” — Bilbo Baggins
2. “I’m not a warrior; I’m a hobbit.” — Bilbo Baggins
3. “Don’t underestimate the evil of gold.” — Gandalf
4. “You’ve been sitting quietly for far too long.” — Gandalf
5. “The world is not in your books and maps. It is out there.” — Gandalf
6. “You’re right; I do believe the worst is behind us now.” — Bilbo Baggins
7. “I’m looking for someone to share in an adventure.” — Gandalf
8. “When faced with death, what can anyone do?” — Bilbo Baggins
9. “True courage is not knowing how to take a life, but when to spare it.” — Gandalf
10. “I’ve never stolen a thing in my life.” — Bilbo Baggins
11. “We’ve been blind, and in our blindness, the enemy has returned.” — Gandalf
12. “Save me from the stubbornness of Dwarves. Your pride will be your downfall.” — Gandalf
13. “You’ve won the Mountain. Is that not enough?” — Bilbo Baggins
14. “All good stories deserve embellishment.” — Gandalf
Check out our collection of Gollum quotes if you enjoy this article.
The Hobbit Quotes by the Dwarves and Elves
Check out some of the best quotes from the Dwarves and Elves in the movie!
15. “Betrayed by my own kin…” — Thorin Oakenshield
16. “That, my lad, was a dragon.” — Balin
17. “Do not speak to me of loyalty. Throw him from the rampart!” — Thorin Oakenshield
18. “I thought we had lost our burglar.” — Dwalin
19. “If more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place.” — Thorin Oakenshield
20. “If there is a key, there must be a door.” — Fili
21. “You started this, Mithrandir. You will forgive me if I finish it.” — Thranduil
22. “I will not hide while others fight our battles for us!” — Kili
23. “True friends are hard to come by.” — Thorin Oakenshield
24. “I will not stand down before any elf!” — Dain
25. “Take your leave of the Dwarf. You are needed elsewhere.” — Legolas
The Plot of The Hobbit Series
The series follows a hobbit named Bilbo Baggins and his group consisting of a wizard named Gandalf and thirteen dwarves.
The dwarves are setting out to retake their home from a dragon but need the help of a wizard and a “burglar” that can sneak past the dragon.
Since hobbits are quiet and light on their feet, Bilbo is chosen and sets out on an epic adventure with his new friends.
Please share these The Hobbit quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about the film series in the comment section below.