Samwise Gamgee Quotes From The Lord of the Rings
March 16, 2023 3:24 AM EST
Fans of The Lord of the Rings will love these Samwise Gamgee quotes by the beloved character.
Samwise Gamgee, often referred to as Sam, is a fictional character that J.R.R. Tolkien created for his classic 1954 novel The Lord of the Rings.
When The Lord of the Rings was adapted into a movie trilogy in the 2000s, Sam was portrayed by actor Sean Astin and became a fan favorite due to his loyalty and courage.
Sam is a hobbit, and when we first meet him, he is a good friend and gardener of the film’s protagonist Frodo Baggins.
They live in the Shire with other hobbits where life is pleasant and peaceful among the grass and treed rolling landscape.
When Sam is found eavesdropping on a conversation between Frodo and Gandalf, he is forced to go with Frodo on a mission to destroy the “One Ring.”
Along the way, Sam shows that he is dependent, loyal, and courageous by saving Frodo’s life and even carrying the Ring for him for a time.
Take a look at these Samwise Gamgee quotes to learn more about this character.
You will also enjoy our article on Gollum quotes.
Most Popular Samwise Gamee Quotes
See why fans love the character so much in these quotes.
1. “I had to choose Mr. Frodo. I had to come with you.” — Samwise Gamgee
2. “Take my hand. Don’t you let go.” — Samwise Gamgee
3. “Mr. Frodo’s not going anywhere without me!” — Samwise Gamgee
4. “I’m coming, Mr. Frodo.” — Samwise Gamgee
5. “I wonder if people will ever say, ‘Let’s hear about Frodo and the ring.’” — Samwise Gamgee
6. “I wonder if we’ll ever be put into songs or tales.” — Samwise Gamgee
7. “You can’t go walking through Mordor in naught but your skin.” — Samwise Gamgee
8. “Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can’t carry it for you, but I can carry you.” — Samwise Gamgee
9. “If I take one more step, it’ll be the farthest away from home I’ve ever been.” — Samwise Gamgee
10. “What we need is a few good taters.” — Samwise Gamgee
11. “Let him go! You will not touch him again.” — Samwise Gamgee
12. “There’s some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for.” — Samwise Gamgee
13. “Once I do get to sleep…I shall go on sleeping whether I roll off or no.” — Samwise Gamgee
14. “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” — Samwise Gamgee
15. “I wish I had never come here, and I don’t want to see no more magic.” — Samwise Gamgee
You will also enjoy our article on Arwen quotes.
Samwise Gamgee Quotes for Friendship and Life
Sam shows true friendship to Frodo by journeying with him throughout the story, as shown in these quotes.
16. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” — Samwise Gamgee
17. “It’s the job that’s never started that takes the longest to finish.” — Samwise Gamgee
18. “Do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo? It’d be spring soon, and the orchards will be in blossom.” — Samwise Gamgee
19. “And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end… because how could the end be happy?” — Samwise Gamgee
20. “A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer.” — Samwise Gamgee
21. “I ain’t been droppin’ no eaves, sir, honest. I was just cutting the grass under the window there, if you’ll follow me.” — Samwise Gamgee
22. “What a horrible place! Just let me get out of this boat, and I’ll never wet my toes in a puddle again, let alone a river!” — Samwise Gamgee
23. “I heard a good deal about a ring, and a Dark Lord, and something about the end of the world, but please, Mr. Gandolf, sir, don’t hurt me.” — Samwise Gamgee
24. “Books ought to have good endings. How would this do; and they all settled down and lived together happily ever after.” — Samwise Gamgee
25. “I know now folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something.” — Samwise Gamgee
How Does the Adventure End for Samwise Gamgee?
Once Sam helps Frodo destroy the Ring and save Middle Earth, they return home.
Upon returning home, they learn that the evil Saruman has control of the Shire.
Sam and Frodo lead a battle where they retake the Shire, and Sam starts rebuilding the Shire by using soil and seeds from the Elves to plant new trees.
Sam then marries his love Rosie Cotton, and they have thirteen children together!
Please share these Samwise Gamgee quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about this beloved character in the comment section below.