Let the flower power flow with our groovy quotes.
The word groovy is one of the coolest words in the English language.
So we invite you to learn something new with our groovy quotes.
You may also enjoy these related articles:
What does groovy mean?
Groovy is a slang term that became popular in the 50s through 70s.
As a colloquialism, it could mean the following:
Who invented the word groovy?
Word etymology is a rabbit hole that can take you to all sorts of places.
Some scholars suggest the word originated in the 1920s, referring to the “groove” in a piece of music.
And the word “groovy” described that rhythm or feeling you got from listening to a certain song.
It’s the positive response listeners feel when their jam comes on.
Groovy can also refer to the physical grooves that the needle picks up on a record.
I thought groovy was a hippie thing
Well, yes and no.
People from the hippie generation loved using the word groovy.
However, they were the children of the previous generation who invented the word.
Hippy culture took many strides to push the word forward and make it popular.
For example, many notable people used the word groovy.
Jimi Hendrix, Bootsy Collins, Parliament Funkadelic, The Beatles, and other world-famous artists made the word groovy popular and fashionable.
In addition, Author E.B. White used the word groovy in The Trumpet of the Swan.
Marvel Comics even had a comic book called Groovy, but it only lasted for three issues.
How do I use the word groovy?
There are all sorts of ways to use the word groovy.
For example, you can use it to replace other words describing things, people, or experiences you like.
Do you like the way a song sounds?
“It’s a groovy tune.”
Are you fond of a particular piece of clothing?
“Check out this groovy little shirt I just got.”
Looking for the best way to describe someone awesome in your life?
“My friend is so groovy.”
Make your day groovy!
For more info, check out our groovy quotes below.
Short groovy quotes for feeling the vibes
Let these short groovy quotes get you in the mood.
1. “My style is clubby and groovy.” — Ansel Elgort
2. “I’m just glad to be part of groovy films.” — Jim Sarbh
3. “You can’t be happy by doing something groovy.” — Bob Dylan
4. “For some people, marriage may be very groovy.” — Marianne Faithfull
5. “Hip Nip just sounds groovy. A drummer laid it on me.” — Pat Morita
6. “It’s good to try new things when you’re a groovy oldie.” — Kathy Burke
7. “MTV didn’t call. I guess I wasn’t hip and groovy enough.” — Dan Fogelberg
8. “In the ’80s, everyone wanted to be in opera. It was groovy.” — Baz Luhrmann
9. “I love England from head to toe. The people are so groovy.” — Otis Redding
10. “Perfection isn’t everything. Some mistakes are pretty groovy.” — Lenny Henry
The top groovy quotes for expressive souls
These groovy quotes are sure to touch your soul.
11. “I don’t believe in sampling some Tibetan music just to make it sound groovy.” — Jessica Hagedorn
12. “I wear Blundstones for hiking; you can wear them all day. They’re quite groovy.” — Anna Torv
13. “Being a widower is not that groovy when you lose someone you really love.” — Pierce Brosnan
14. “I ought to be groovy and be able to say the enemy is this and the enemy is that.” — Rik Mayall
15. “If anything, I consider myself non-violent. I’m from the hippy era, peace, love, groovy.” — Rick James
16. “There was not a lot of rock n’ roll in the house. Our parents didn’t think it was very groovy.” — Elvis Costello
17. “In the end, I have a nice house and groovy cars, and so do my bandmates. It’s not like they’re starving.” — John Densmore
18. “Originally, all I wanted to do was to be an underground cartoonist and maybe bring out a groovy underground mag.” — Alan Moore
19. “One day I might be in a spiritual place like Joshua Tree, then before I know it, I’m eating groovy sushi in a mini-mall.” — Drew Barrymore
20. “Often when I meet people and say I’m a designer, they say, ‘Oh, a fashion designer.’ Which is not a bad thing, I suppose, a bit groovy.” — Ross Lovegrove
The best groovy quotes from artists
Here we have some really cool groovy quotes from a diverse set of artists.
21. “Life I love you, all is groovy.” — Paul Simon
22. “The version Lagdi Lahore Di from Street Dancer 3D has a new groovy vibe to it, keeping the original essence intact by Sachin-Jigar.” — Tulsi Kumar
23. “My idea is to paint paintings so that when you walk into a room, I’m pulling you in, or that makes you suddenly stop and wonder: What is this?” — Billy Dee Williams
24. “As well as having a really strong message, sometimes an artist needs to couple their sentiment with something that’s soulful and groovy to listen to.” — Tulsi Kumar
25. “There might be a lot of bad things going on, but if out of all of those bad things, ten percent of the groovy part of it stays, wow, you can’t beat that.” — Bruce Johnston
Additional groovy quotes from artists
These additional quotes from artists make use of the word “groovy.”
26. “It’s great to make your own choices, but there’s a price to pay. I could’ve made more money or been more famous; I could be the current groovy guy.” — Michael Keaton
27. “Noveller make soundscapes that are creepy, ethereal, really beautiful, and all over the place. They can be intense, dark, and groovy but also dreamlike and happy.” — Sharon Van Etten
28. “This music has been around since before the beard on Moses. I happen to do it very well, and I happen to have a lot of groovy songs that I know people are going to dig.” — George Thorogood
29. “See, there’s only two theaters, man, that are set up pretty groovy all around for music and for smooth stage changes, good lighting and all that: the Fillmore and The Capitol Theatre. — Jerry Garcia
30. “The thing to remember about Phuket is it’s very beach-oriented and relaxed. The trendiest beach is Koh Sirey, which is full of groovy places to have a cocktail and watch the sun go down.” — Tony Parsons
Famous groovy quotes about life
Check out these awesome groovy quotes about life.
31. “Life is so groovy when your record is hot.” — Ray Davies
32. “There’s some really groovy wonderful times.” — Annie Baker
33. “It’s always a good idea to get yourself a famous, rich, and groovy young man.” — Marianne Faithfull
34. “No, it’s not in Spain, but all the same, you know, it’s a groovy name. And the wind’s just right.” — Jimi Hendrix
35. “People are always trying to find the next groovy thing, and it hasn’t gone back to painting.” — Cindy Sherman
36. “We don’t, as a collective life on this planet, all get groovy together, or all sink into ignorance together.” — George Harrison
37. “We had a great time on the bench talking about crime, mother-stabbin’, father raping, all kinds of groovy things. — Arlo Guthrie
38. “The idea of a person in a Comme des Garcons humpback dress giving me a colonoscopy is just not groovy.” — Simon Doonan
39. “Hang on, my darling, hang on if you wanna go. Hear it’s a really groovy place, with just a little bit Spanish Castle Magic.” — Jimi Hendrix
40. “It’s not actually an energy vibration you get from a groovy painting, but music and sound seem to travel along vibrations.” — George Harrison
Groovy quotes and sayings to live by
We close our list with these amazing quotes about all things groovy.
41. “Make the word HATE as old as GROOVY.” — Suzy Kassem
42. “And the Romans thought, Relaxed and groovy?! No, no, no, no, no! So they murdered [Jesus].” — Eddie Izzard
43. “You feel mom’s heartbeat. It makes you move. It reminds you of that warm, groovy space you were in.” — John Densmore
44. “I went to Australia, right, and I thought Australia was gonna be a groovy, surfnoid, smoke-a-joint wombat, you know?” — Greg Proops
45. “Naturally, things are more complicated; those groovy, pro-social effects of oxytocin apply to how we interact with in-group members.” — Robert M. Sapolsky
46. “You’ve got to do something more edifying, emboldening, and altogether more groovy. You gots to stay home tonite and read a good book! — James Ellroy
47. “And I’m not about to jump up and down shouting, Hey folks, look at me! I’m cool and groovy! That’s not what George Harrison is all about.” — George Harrison
48. “Frankly, the image of his father wearing bell-bottoms, smoking a joint, and calling his mother a “totally groovy chick” was wrong on so many levels.” — Julie James
49. “Cause Jesus, I do think, did exist, and he was, I think, a guy who had interesting ideas in the Gandhi-type area, in the Nelson Mandela-type area, you know, relaxed and groovy.” — Eddie Izzard
50. “Americans are in need of an all-of-the-above energy approach, and when you think about all-of-the-above, you think about wind, solar, hydrogen, think about all those groovy technologies I really like.” — Jeff Duncan
Keep it groovy, baby!
What is your favorite groovy quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.