Looking for inspirational Jimi Hendrix quotes?
Jimi Hendrix was an American music legend who lived a short life but had a massive impact on how the world heard rock and roll.
Widely regarded as one of the most creative and influential musicians of the 20th century, Hendrix’s style of music continues to be a source of inspiration for many aspiring musicians.
Hendrix was born on November 27, 1942, in Seattle, Washington. He learned to play guitar as a teenager and grew to become one of the most successful and influential musicians of his time.
On September 18, 1970, Hendrix died at the age of 27 and left a lasting mark on the world of rock music. His music remains popular today.
Hendrix had a difficult childhood but he still grew to become a rock legend. As one of the most influential musicians, Hendrix clearly tapped into his Everyday Power.
In that respect, here are some great Jimi Hendrix quotes to inspire you to fight for your dreams and live your best life.
We also have a collection of quotes by Ella Fitzgerald that will move you from the first lady of song. Be sure to check it out too.
Jimi Hendrix quotes from his songs and interviews about peace and love
1. When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. – Jimi Hendrix
2. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven. – Jimi Hendrix
3. Music doesn’t lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music. – Jimi Hendrix
4. Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you’ll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you’re gonna be rewarded. – Jimi Hendrix
5. In order to change the world, you have to get your head together first. – Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix quotes about love
6. I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to. – Jimi Hendrix
7. When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. – Jimi Hendrix
8. Knowledge is speaking, Wisdom is listening – Jimi Hendrix
9. Peace, Love, and Happiness. – Jimi Hendrix
10. The story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye. The story of love is Hello and Goodbye. – Jimi Hendrix
11. IT’S FUNNY THE WAY MOST PEOPLE LOVE THE DEAD. ONCE YOU ARE DEAD, YOU ARE MADE FOR LIFE. YOU HAVE TO DIE BEFORE THEY THINK YOU ARE WORTH ANYTHING. – Jimi Hendrix
12. Music is a safe kind of high. – Jimi Hendrix
Also read these hippie quotes that inspire positivity.
Jimi Hendrix quotes about freedom
13. If I’m free, it’s because I’m always running – Jimi Hendrix
14. It all has to come from inside, though, I guess. – Jimi Hendrix
15. When we go to play, you flip around and flash around and everything, and then they’re not gonna see nothin’ but what their eyes see. Forget about their ears. – Jimi Hendrix
16. I try to use my music to move these people to act. – Jimi Hendrix
17. Imagination is the key to my lyrics. The rest is painted with a little science fiction. – Jimi Hendrix
18. Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel. – Jimi Hendrix
19. Pretty soon I believe people will have to rely on music to get some kind of peace of mind, or satisfaction, or direction, actually. More so than politics, the big ego scene. You know it’s an art of words… Meaning nothing. – Jimi Hendrix
20. We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds… ‘Cause there are so many sleeping people. – Jimi Hendrix
21. Who are you to judge the life I live. I know I’m not perfect and I don’t live to be. But before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean. – Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix quotes about life
22. All I’m writing is just what I feel, that’s all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland. – Jimi Hendrix
23. I will be dead in five years’ time, but while I am here, I will travel many highways and I will, of necessity, die at a time when my message of love, peace, and freedom can be shared with people all over the world. – Jimi Hendrix
24. I want to thank you my sweet darling for digging in the mud and picking me up. – Jimi Hendrix
25. A broom is drearily sweeping up the broken pieces of yesterday’s life. – Jimi Hendrix
26. The night I was born, Lord I swear the moon turned a fire red. – Jimi Hendrix
27. White collared conservatives, flashing down the street, pointing their plastic fingers at me. They’re hoping soon my kind will drop and die, but I’m gonna wave my freak flag high. – Jimi Hendrix
28. Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours. – Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix quotes about music
29. I’ve been imitated so well I’ve heard people copy my mistakes. – Jimi Hendrix
30. Not necessarily stoned..but beautiful – Jimi Hendrix
31. Music is my religion. – Jimi Hendrix
32. I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see. – Jimi Hendrix
33. You have to forget about what other people say, when you’re supposed to die, or when you’re supposed to be loving. You have to forget about all these things. – Jimi Hendrix
34. When things get too heavy, just call me helium, the lightest known gas to man – Jimi Hendrix
Have you seen these Ozzy Osbourne quotes from one of the Godfathers of Metal?
Jimi Hendrix quotes about love
35. You have to give people something to dream on. – Jimi Hendrix
36. Music is the most important thing. I’m thinking of my future. There has to be something new, and I want to be part of it. I want to lead an orchestra with excellent musicians. I want to play music which draws pictures of the world and its space. – Jimi Hendrix
37. Once you’re dead you’re made for life – Jimi Hendrix
38. You don’t have to be singing about love all the time in order to give love to the people. You don’t have to keep flashing those words all the time. – Jimi Hendrix
39. When we go to play, you flip around and flash around and everything, and then they’re not gonna see nothin’ but what their eyes see. Forget about their ears. – Jimi Hendrix
More Jimi Hendrix quotes about life
40. May the dreams of your past be the reality of your future. – Jimi Hendrix
41. Excuse me when I kiss the sky. – Jimi Hendrix
42. All I play is truth and emotion – Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix quotes about music and life
43. Music Is magic. Music is life. – Jimi Hendrix
44. I don’t consider myself to be the best, and I don’t like compliments… they distract me. – Jimi Hendrix
45. Life is pleasant! Death is peaceful! It’s the transition that’s troublesome. – Jimi Hendrix
46. My goal is to be one with the music. I just dedicate my whole life to this art. – Jimi Hendrix
More Jimi Hendrix quotes about music
47. Through music, you hypnotize people and when you get them at their weakest point, you can preach into their subconscious what we want to say. – Jimi Hendrix
48. When I die, just keep playing the records – Jimi Hendrix.
You might also like these Janis Joplin quotes from the iconic singer.
Which Jimi Hendrix quote was your favorite?
Jimi Hendrix is regarded by many as one of the most talented and original performers in rock music. Despite coming from humble beginnings, Hendrix rose to become one of the greatest electric guitarists ever.
His music remains popular today and he continues to inspire many budding musicians. Despite having a short career, Hendrix left an indelible mark on the world of rock music.
Hopefully, these Jimi Hendrix quotes have motivated you to fight for your dreams and live your best life.
Did you enjoy these Jimi Hendrix quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below!