Jimi Hendrix Quotes on Peace, Music and Love
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Looking for inspirational Jimi Hendrix quotes?
Jimi Hendrix was an American music legend who lived a short life but had a massive impact on how the world heard rock and roll.
Widely regarded as one of the most creative and influential musicians of the 20th century, Hendrix’s style of music continues to be a source of inspiration for many aspiring musicians.
Hendrix was born on November 27, 1942, in Seattle, Washington.
He learned to play guitar as a teenager and grew to become one of the most successful and influential musicians of his time.
On September 18, 1970, Hendrix died at the age of 27 and left a lasting mark on the world of rock music.
His music remains popular today.
Hendrix had a difficult childhood but he still grew to become a rock legend.
As one of the most influential musicians, Hendrix clearly tapped into his Everyday Power.
In that respect, here are some great Jimi Hendrix quotes to inspire you to fight for your dreams and live your best life.
We also have a collection of quotes by Ella Fitzgerald that will move you from the first lady of song.
Be sure to check it out too.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Jimi Hendrix quotes from his songs and interviews about peace and love
1. “When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.” – Jimi Hendrix
You will also enjoy our article on music quotes.
2. “You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.” – Jimi Hendrix
You will also enjoy our article on Rock & Roll quotes.
3. “Music doesn’t lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.” – Jimi Hendrix
You will also enjoy our article on Batman quotes.
4. “Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you’ll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you’re gonna be rewarded.” – Jimi Hendrix
You will also enjoy our article on world peace quotes.
5. “In order to change the world, you have to get your head together first.” – Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix quotes about love
6. “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” – Jimi Hendrix
7. “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” – Jimi Hendrix
8. “Knowledge is speaking, Wisdom is listening.” – Jimi Hendrix
9. “Peace, Love, and Happiness.” – Jimi Hendrix
10. “The story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye. The story of love is Hello and Goodbye.” – Jimi Hendrix
11. “IT’S FUNNY THE WAY MOST PEOPLE LOVE THE DEAD. ONCE YOU ARE DEAD, YOU ARE MADE FOR LIFE. YOU HAVE TO DIE BEFORE THEY THINK YOU ARE WORTH ANYTHING.” – Jimi Hendrix
12. “Music is a safe kind of high.” – Jimi Hendrix
Also read these hippie quotes that inspire positivity.
Jimi Hendrix quotes about freedom
13. “If I’m free, it’s because I’m always running.” – Jimi Hendrix
14. “It all has to come from inside, though, I guess.” – Jimi Hendrix
15. “When we go to play, you flip around and flash around and everything, and then they’re not gonna see nothin’ but what their eyes see. Forget about their ears.” – Jimi Hendrix
16. “I try to use my music to move these people to act.” – Jimi Hendrix
17. “Imagination is the key to my lyrics. The rest is painted with a little science fiction.” – Jimi Hendrix
18. “Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.” – Jimi Hendrix
19. “Pretty soon I believe people will have to rely on music to get some kind of peace of mind, or satisfaction, or direction, actually. More so than politics, the big ego scene. You know it’s an art of words… Meaning nothing.” – Jimi Hendrix
20. “We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds… ‘Cause there are so many sleeping people.” – Jimi Hendrix
21. “Who are you to judge the life I live. I know I’m not perfect and I don’t live to be. But before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean.” – Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix quotes about life
22. “All I’m writing is just what I feel, that’s all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.” – Jimi Hendrix
23. “I will be dead in five years’ time, but while I am here, I will travel many highways and I will, of necessity, die at a time when my message of love, peace, and freedom can be shared with people all over the world.” – Jimi Hendrix
24. “I want to thank you my sweet darling for digging in the mud and picking me up.” – Jimi Hendrix
25. “A broom is drearily sweeping up the broken pieces of yesterday’s life.” – Jimi Hendrix
You might also like these Janis Joplin quotes from the iconic singer.
Which Jimi Hendrix quote was your favorite?
Jimi Hendrix is regarded by many as one of the most talented and original performers in rock music.
Despite coming from humble beginnings, Hendrix rose to become one of the greatest electric guitarists ever.
His music remains popular today and he continues to inspire many budding musicians.
Despite having a short career, Hendrix left an indelible mark on the world of rock music.
Hopefully, these Jimi Hendrix quotes have motivated you to fight for your dreams and live your best life.
Did you enjoy these Jimi Hendrix quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below!
August 1, 2021 at 10:17 AM
Well done and thanks for keeping his memory alive. but he was great because of his humble beginnings. and we all should take notice of his wisdom at such a young age. He was extremely intelligent and special in many ways. thanks again
December 3, 2019 at 6:58 PM
“I am you searching to be free
The story of life is quicker than the
wink of an eye
The story of love is hello and goodbye
…. Until we meet again”
L E Corbin
August 19, 2019 at 10:07 PM
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” –