If you’re looking for some motivation to help you make better choices, let these mistake quotes serve as your useful guide.
Everyone makes mistakes. It’s in our nature as humans to fail. Whether it’s at work, your family life, or in your relationships, you’re bound to disappoint yourself and others at some point.
But for you to make progress in life, you must learn from your mistakes. You must learn to understand why you made a mistake or experienced failure, and take corrective actions. That’s what successful people do.
If you have ever done something only to regret it later, it doesn’t mean you’re doomed. You can learn how to make better choices, and these mistake quotes will help you do just that. They will help you gain valuable wisdom that will benefit you in the future.
Along the road of life, you make many choices. And the decisions you make will determine the kind of person you become later and even affect your future.
To help you make better choices, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking mistake quotes, mistake sayings, and mistake proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Mistake quotes to help you bounce back
1. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” ― Albert Einstein
2. “Don’t be ashamed by your mistakes, they only prove that you try hard and never give up.” ― Riley Czarkowski
3. “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” ― L.M. Montgomery
4. “My greatest hope regarding the future rests on the mistakes I’ve made in the past, for those are the most effective things I’ve got to build with.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
5. “Success lies in one’s ability to learn from mistakes.” ― Dr Prem Jagyasi
6. “There are no failures, if you learn and grow from your mistakes; there are only lessons learned.” ― Dee Waldeck
7. “Let all your regrets and mistakes become your sails and your rudders, and not your anchors” ― Sotero M Lopez II
8. “When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.” ― Paulo Coelho
9. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
10. “A mistake is only a mistake if you dwell on it. Let go and forgive.” ― Akiroq Brost
Mistake quotes that will inspire you to make good decisions for your goals and dreams
11. “Don’t let the mistakes and disappointments of the past control and direct your future.” ― Zig Ziglar
12. “If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.” ― Steve Maraboli
13. “We learn from failure, not from success!” ― Bram Stoker
14. “The mistakes we regret the most are the ones we were too scared to make.” ― Ollie Slaney
15. “Well, we all make mistakes, dear, so just put it behind you. We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us.” ― L.M. Montgomery
16. “Smart people learn from their mistakes. But the real sharp ones learn from the mistakes of others.” ― Brandon Mull
17. “A man must learn from his own mistakes, to be what he wishes to be.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
18. “I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them.” ― Joe Abercrombie
19. “I have made so many mistakes but I have learned a lot and I’m confident to say – he who never made a mistake never made any discovery” ― Bernard Kelvin Clive
20. “All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride.” ― Sophocles
You might also like these second chances quotes that will inspire you to take life by the horns
Mistake quotes that will help you make progress in your life
21. “Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not. ” ― Carl G. Jung
22. “Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” ― George Bernard Shaw
23. “The sooner you make your first five thousand mistakes the sooner you will be able to correct them.” ― Kimon Nicolaides
24. “Don’t confuse poor decision-making with destiny. Own your mistakes. It’s ok; we all make them. Learn from them so they can empower you!” ― Steve Maraboli
25. “Forget your mistakes but remember what they taught you.” ― Vannetta Chapman
26. “It takes guts and humility to admit mistakes. Admitting we’re wrong is courage, not weakness.” ― Roy T. Bennett
27. “We make our discoveries through our mistakes: we watch one another’s success: and where there is freedom to experiment there is hope to improve.” ― Sir Arthur Thomas
28. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.” ― Elbert Hubbard
29. “We all mess up. It’s what we learn from our mistakes that matters.” ― Lauren Myracle
30. “Everyone makes mistakes. The important thing is to not make the same mistake twice.” ― Stephanie Perkins
Mistake quotes to help you make better choices
31. “Mistake is a single page in a part of Life ….but Relation is a book of dictionary —–So don’t lose a full Book for a single page.” ― Rubeccapalm Rose
32. “One mistake does not have to rule a person’s entire life.” ― Joyce Meyer
33. “Embrace being perfectly imperfect. Learn from your mistakes and forgive yourself, you’ll be happier.” ― Roy Bennett
34. “We often need to lose sight of our priorities in order to see them.” ― John Irving
35. “It’s not a person’s mistakes which define them – it’s the way they make amends.” ― Freya North
36. “Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience.” ― Denis Waitley
37. “And a step backward, after making a wrong turn, is a step in the right direction.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
38. “Our mistakes and regrets are not barriers to becoming who we can be; they are a necessary ingredient.” ― David Schnarch
39. “Mistakes are the growing pains of wisdom.” ― William Jordan
40. “Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom.” ― Phyllis Theroux
Mistake quotes to inspire and teach
41. “Failure is instructive. The person who really thinks learns quite as much from his failures as from his successes.” ― John Dewey
42. “To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.” ― Plutarch
43. “If you are afraid to take a chance, take one anyway. What you don’t do can create the same regrets as the mistakes you make.”― Iyanla Vanzant
44. “We have to make mistakes, it’s how we learn compassion for others.” ― Curtis Sittenfeld
45. “A mistake made with good in your heart is still a mistake, but it is one for which you must forgive yourself.” ― Linda Sue Park
46. “One who makes no mistakes makes nothing.” ― Giacomo Casanova
47. “Mistakes are a part of being human. Precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it’s a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.” ― Al Franken
48. “Show me a person who has never made a mistake and I’ll show you someone who has never achieved much.” ― Joan Collins
49. “You see, the best thing about wrong decisions is that they don’t prevent you from making the right decisions later on. It’s harder, but it’s not impossible.” ― Siobhan Vivian
50. “You make mistakes, mistakes don’t make you” ― Maxwell Maltz
Thought-provoking mistake quotes
51. “The ability to learn from mistakes is a sign of intelligence. The willingness to admit ignorance is a sign of wisdom.”– Dr. T.P.Chia
52. “It’s human to make mistakes and some of us are more human than others.”— Ashleigh Brilliant
53. “The best way to prevent repeatedly echoing past mistakes is to operate as if your emotional pathology is always in play unless proven otherwise, not vice versa.”– Alan Robert Neal
54. “I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.”– Charles M. Schulz
55. “It’s only those who do nothing that make no mistakes, I suppose.”– Joseph Conrad
56. “If you’re making mistakes it means you’re out there doing something.”– Neil Gaiman
57. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.”– Denis Waitley
58. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”– George Bernard Shaw
59. “Nothing is a mistake. There’s no win and no fail. There’s only make.”– Corita Kent
60. “An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”– Niels Bohr
Have you seen these disappointment quotes to inspire your next comeback?
More mistake quotes and sayings
61. “Its not a problem to make a mistake while learning, the problem is not learning from the mistake.” – Phila Dittrich
62. “To failure at something is an attempt to succeed. Be strong and try again.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
63. “Don’t forgive people until they understand their mistakes.” – M.F. Moonzajer
64. “Regret for not learning; not for the mistakes you did.” – Garbyal
65. “But it’s important to acknowledge that while we may make mistakes, in the long run, we may also learn from them.” – Sarah Dessen
66. “Every mistake committed is a learning opportunity.” – Santosh Kalwar
67. “Every time there is a mistake, learn from it, change the plan and keep moving forward.” – Pooja Agnihotri
68. “Making mistakes is not a serious issue. However, making again that raises questions.” – Ehsan Sehgal
69. “Remember that stupidity in some cases, like the universe, can be endless.” – C.A.A. Savastano
70. “If someone makes a mistake and you still want them in your life, then forgive them.” – R.J. Intindola
Did you learn from these mistake quotes?
The successful people are not those who never make mistakes but rather those who learn from their mistakes and failures. So instead of beating yourself up, own your mistakes and start thinking about how you can gain from them.
The ability to learn from your mistakes and make better decisions is key to being the person you want to be and creating the life you want to have in the future. Hopefully, the quotes above will help you make good decisions for your goals and dreams.
Which of these mistake quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
March 30, 2021 5:30 AM EST