Mistake Quotes To Help You Bounce Back
February 27, 2023 5:30 AM EST
If you’re looking for some motivation to help you make better choices, let these mistake quotes serve as your useful guide.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study conducted by the University of California, Berkeley, making mistakes can actually improve our learning and memory retention by activating the brain’s reward center.
Share mistake quotes to inspire others to view mistakes as opportunities to grow and learn.
Everyone makes mistakes.
It’s in our nature as humans to fail.
Whether it’s at work, your family life, or in your relationships, you’re bound to disappoint yourself and others at some point.
But for you to make progress in life, you must learn from your mistakes.
You must learn to understand why you made a mistake or experienced failure, and take corrective actions.
That’s what successful people do.
If you have ever done something only to regret it later, it doesn’t mean you’re doomed.
You can learn how to make better choices, and these mistake quotes will help you do just that.
They will help you gain valuable wisdom that will benefit you in the future.
Along the road of life, you make many choices.
And the decisions you make will determine the kind of person you become later and even affect your future.
To help you make better choices, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking mistake quotes, mistake sayings, and mistake proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Mistake quotes to help you bounce back
The American Psychological Association reports that reflecting on our mistakes can lead to greater self-awareness and personal growth.
Use mistake quotes to encourage others to take a step back and evaluate their own errors to gain valuable insights.
1. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” ― Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on failure quotes.
2. “Don’t be ashamed by your mistakes, they only prove that you try hard and never give up.” ― Riley Czarkowski
You will also enjoy our article on betrayal quotes.
3. “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” ― L.M. Montgomery
You will also enjoy our article on letting go quotes.
4. “My greatest hope regarding the future rests on the mistakes I’ve made in the past, for those are the most effective things I’ve got to build with.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
You will also enjoy our article on break up quotes.
5. “Success lies in one’s ability to learn from mistakes.” ― Dr Prem Jagyasi
You will also enjoy our article on comeback quotes.
6. “There are no failures, if you learn and grow from your mistakes; there are only lessons learned.” ― Dee Waldeck
You will also enjoy our article on bad relationship quotes.
7. “Let all your regrets and mistakes become your sails and your rudders, and not your anchors” ― Sotero M Lopez II
You will also enjoy our article on imperfection quotes.
8. “When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.” ― Paulo Coelho
You will also enjoy our article on wise sayings about life.
9. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on everything happens for a reason quotes.
10. “A mistake is only a mistake if you dwell on it. Let go and forgive.” ― Akiroq Brost
You might also like these disappointment quotes to inspire you to bounce back.
Mistake quotes that will inspire you to make good decisions for your goals and dreams
In a survey conducted by Harvard Business Review, 62% of respondents said that learning from their mistakes was a key factor in their professional success.
Share mistake quotes to remind readers that mistakes are a natural part of learning and can help them achieve their goals.
11. “Don’t let the mistakes and disappointments of the past control and direct your future.” ― Zig Ziglar
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on life lessons.
12. “If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.” ― Steve Maraboli
You will also enjoy our article on forgiveness quotes life love friendship.
13. “We learn from failure, not from success!” ― Bram Stoker
You will also enjoy our article on deep quotes.
14. “The mistakes we regret the most are the ones we were too scared to make.” ― Ollie Slaney
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about taking risks.
15. “Well, we all make mistakes, dear, so just put it behind you. We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us.” ― L.M. Montgomery
16. “Smart people learn from their mistakes. But the real sharp ones learn from the mistakes of others.” ― Brandon Mull
17. “A man must learn from his own mistakes, to be what he wishes to be.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
18. “I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them.” ― Joe Abercrombie
19. “I have made so many mistakes but I have learned a lot and I’m confident to say – he who never made a mistake never made any discovery” ― Bernard Kelvin Clive
20. “All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride.” ― Sophocles
You might also like these second chances quotes that will inspire you to take life by the horns
Mistake quotes that will help you make progress in your life
21. “Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not. ” ― Carl G. Jung
22. “Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” ― George Bernard Shaw
23. “The sooner you make your first five thousand mistakes the sooner you will be able to correct them.” ― Kimon Nicolaides
24. “Don’t confuse poor decision-making with destiny. Own your mistakes. It’s ok; we all make them. Learn from them so they can empower you!” ― Steve Maraboli
25. “Forget your mistakes but remember what they taught you.” ― Vannetta Chapman
26. “It takes guts and humility to admit mistakes. Admitting we’re wrong is courage, not weakness.” ― Roy T. Bennett
27. “We make our discoveries through our mistakes: we watch one another’s success: and where there is freedom to experiment there is hope to improve.” ― Sir Arthur Thomas
28. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.” ― Elbert Hubbard
29. “We all mess up. It’s what we learn from our mistakes that matters.” ― Lauren Myracle
30. “Everyone makes mistakes. The important thing is to not make the same mistake twice.” ― Stephanie Perkins
Mistake quotes to help you make better choices
31. “Mistake is a single page in a part of Life ….but Relation is a book of dictionary —–So don’t lose a full Book for a single page.” ― Rubeccapalm Rose
32. “One mistake does not have to rule a person’s entire life.” ― Joyce Meyer
33. “Embrace being perfectly imperfect. Learn from your mistakes and forgive yourself, you’ll be happier.” ― Roy Bennett
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these new month quotes that inspire new beginnings.
34. “We often need to lose sight of our priorities in order to see them.” ― John Irving
35. “It’s not a person’s mistakes which define them – it’s the way they make amends.” ― Freya North
36. “Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience.” ― Denis Waitley
37. “And a step backward, after making a wrong turn, is a step in the right direction.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
38. “Our mistakes and regrets are not barriers to becoming who we can be; they are a necessary ingredient.” ― David Schnarch
39. “Mistakes are the growing pains of wisdom.” ― William Jordan
40. “Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom.” ― Phyllis Theroux
Mistake quotes to inspire and teach
41. “Failure is instructive. The person who really thinks learns quite as much from his failures as from his successes.” ― John Dewey
42. “To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.” ― Plutarch
43. “If you are afraid to take a chance, take one anyway. What you don’t do can create the same regrets as the mistakes you make.”― Iyanla Vanzant
44. “We have to make mistakes, it’s how we learn compassion for others.” ― Curtis Sittenfeld
45. “A mistake made with good in your heart is still a mistake, but it is one for which you must forgive yourself.” ― Linda Sue Park
46. “One who makes no mistakes makes nothing.” ― Giacomo Casanova
47. “Mistakes are a part of being human. Precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it’s a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.” ― Al Franken
48. “Show me a person who has never made a mistake and I’ll show you someone who has never achieved much.” ― Joan Collins
49. “You see, the best thing about wrong decisions is that they don’t prevent you from making the right decisions later on. It’s harder, but it’s not impossible.” ― Siobhan Vivian
50. “You make mistakes, mistakes don’t make you” ― Maxwell Maltz
Thought-provoking mistake quotes
51. “The ability to learn from mistakes is a sign of intelligence. The willingness to admit ignorance is a sign of wisdom.”– Dr. T.P.Chia
52. “It’s human to make mistakes and some of us are more human than others.”— Ashleigh Brilliant
53. “The best way to prevent repeatedly echoing past mistakes is to operate as if your emotional pathology is always in play unless proven otherwise, not vice versa.”– Alan Robert Neal
54. “I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.”– Charles M. Schulz
55. “It’s only those who do nothing that make no mistakes, I suppose.”– Joseph Conrad
56. “If you’re making mistakes it means you’re out there doing something.”– Neil Gaiman
57. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.”– Denis Waitley
58. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”– George Bernard Shaw
59. “Nothing is a mistake. There’s no win and no fail. There’s only make.”– Corita Kent
60. “An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”– Niels Bohr
Have you seen these disappointment quotes to inspire your next comeback?
More mistake quotes and sayings
61. “Its not a problem to make a mistake while learning, the problem is not learning from the mistake.” – Phila Dittrich
62. “To failure at something is an attempt to succeed. Be strong and try again.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
63. “Don’t forgive people until they understand their mistakes.” – M.F. Moonzajer
64. “Regret for not learning; not for the mistakes you did.” – Garbyal
65. “But it’s important to acknowledge that while we may make mistakes, in the long run, we may also learn from them.” – Sarah Dessen
66. “Every mistake committed is a learning opportunity.” – Santosh Kalwar
67. “Every time there is a mistake, learn from it, change the plan and keep moving forward.” – Pooja Agnihotri
68. “Making mistakes is not a serious issue. However, making again that raises questions.” – Ehsan Sehgal
69. “Remember that stupidity in some cases, like the universe, can be endless.” – C.A.A. Savastano
70. “If someone makes a mistake and you still want them in your life, then forgive them.” – R.J. Intindola
Mistake Quotes To Learn From Them
71. “You cannot improve your future if you are not willing to try something new and risk making mistakes and learning from them.” ― Robert Kiyosaki
72. “The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake. You can’t learn anything from being perfect.” ― Adam Osborne
73. “It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them.” ― Dale E. Turner
74. “It is all right to make mistakes; nothing is perfect because with perfection, we would not exist.” ― Stephen Hawking
75. “It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something.” ― Ornette Coleman
76. “Life is just the same as learning to swim. Do not be afraid of making mistakes, for there is no other way of learning how to live!” ― Alfred Adler
77. “Those who aren’t making mistakes probably aren’t making anything.” ― Samuel Smiles
78. “It’s okay to make mistakes. Mistakes are our teachers — they help us to learn.” ― John Bradshaw
79. “You must learn from your past mistakes, but not lean on your past successes.” ― Denis Waitley
80. “You’ve got to work with your mistakes until they look intended. Understand?” ― Raymond Carver
Mistake Quotes To Make You Ambitious
81. “I enjoy growing older and wiser and learning from my mistakes every single day.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
82. “We all make mistakes, don’t we? But if you can’t forgive yourself, you’ll always be an exile in your own life.” ― Curtis Sittenfeld
83. “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes…you’re Doing Something.” ― Neil Gaiman
84. “It’s not a persons mistakes which define them – it’s the way they make amends.” ― Freya North
85. “Survivors lived with their mistakes.” ― Nora Roberts
86. “The greatest mistake a person can make is to be afraid of making one.” ― Elbert Hubbard
87. “We’re all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made.” ― Al Gore
88. “You must cease from looking at human mistakes and look at successes; cease from seeing faults and see virtues.” ― Wallace D. Wattles
89. “Leaping away from my mistakes has propelled me forward. It has great force behind it. It makes for great storytelling.” ― Holly Near
90. “Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not to suffer.” ― Niccolo Machiavelli
Mistake Quotes To Help You Acquire Life Lessons
91. “Being able to spot mistakes and communicate clearly on how to improve is a core managerial skill that will enhance employee performance efficiency.” ― Steve Gold
92. “Mistakes arm you with new knowledge that you can bring to the situation.” ― Tom Meitner
93. “If you make a mistake, be big enough to admit to the mistake. People will think much better if you make an admission after a mistake.” ― Keith Boyer
94. “By failing, a lesson can be learned. One can learn to avoid the mistake that caused the failure.” ― Glen Mizrahi
95. “Stop flogging yourself over the past mistakes and hurtful memories of the past.” ― Kellie Sullivan
96. “Self-development will help you better yourself, and it’ll allow you to make way fewer mistakes, helping your business to grow and survive.” ― Monica Bell
97. “Learning to stand on your own feet comes by making right decisions and by overcoming mistakes.” ― Robert Mitchell
98. “Recognise your own shortcomings and be prepared to learn quickly, including from your mistakes. If you don’t jump into the deep end at some point, you will never learn to swim.” ― George Ilian
99. “The moment we learn to forgive ourselves for mistakes and look forward is the moment when we will better manage our emotional state.” ― Nicole Smith
100. “Your ability to understand and direct kindness over yourself over failures and mistakes is an important matter.” ― Mia Conrad
Did you learn from these mistake quotes?
The successful people are not those who never make mistakes but rather those who learn from their mistakes and failures.
So instead of beating yourself up, own your mistakes and start thinking about how you can gain from them.
The ability to learn from your mistakes and make better decisions is key to being the person you want to be and creating the life you want to have in the future.
Hopefully, the quotes above will help you make good decisions for your goals and dreams.
Which of these mistake quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
April 25, 2022 at 6:46 PM
All of the above quotes are witty, true, and helpful. Thank you for compiling them for those of us who may be a little more human than others.