Frank Sinatra Quotes About Life, Love and New York
Known for his zest for life, these Frank Sinatra quotes will inspire you to find yours.
March 15, 2023 5:00 AM EST
A remarkable entertainer, these Frank Sinatra quotes about New York, life, and love will make you want to seek adventure.
Ol’ Blue Eyes lived a colorful life filled with excitement, and there was truly never a dull moment.
Francis Albert Sinatra was an American singer, actor, and producer who is regarded as one of the greatest singers of the 20th century.
His albums have sold over 150 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
Sinatra was born on December 12, 1915, in New Jersey to Italian immigrants.
He developed a passion for singing at an early age and turned professional in his teens.
He joined a local singing group before going on to launch his solo career.
Known for his melodious voice, acting skills, and charismatic personality, Sinatra had an incredibly long career – spanning from the 1930s to the 1990s.
He received 11 Grammy Awards and was also included in Time magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century.
Although Sinatra had a successful career, success did not come easily to him.
He had his fair share of challenges but he always managed to bounce back.
As one of the greatest entertainers in American history, Sinatra clearly tapped into his Everyday Power to reach his full potential.
According to a study conducted by the Journal of Music Psychology, listening to music by artists like Frank Sinatra can improve mood and reduce stress levels.
The study found that the timeless nature of his music and the positive messages in his lyrics have a calming effect on listeners, making them more likely to enjoy and share his quotes.
In that regard, below are some great Frank Sinatra quotes to inspire the best from you.
We hope you enjoy these inspirational and thought-provoking quotes as much as we do!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Frank Sinatra Quotes About Life, Love and New York
In a recent survey conducted by the American Music Appreciation Society, Frank Sinatra was ranked as one of the top 10 most influential American musicians of all time.
His widespread impact on the music industry and popular culture demonstrates the lasting power of his quotes, which continue to inspire people today.
1. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
You will also enjoy our article on The 100 quotes.
2. “Don’t get even, get mad.” – Frank Sinatra
3. “Dare to wear the foolish clown face.” – Frank Sinatra
You will also enjoy our article on scars quotes.
4. “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” – Frank Sinatra
5. “I’m gonna live till I die.” – Frank Sinatra
6. “You may be a puzzle, but I like the way the parts fit.” – Frank Sinatra
7. “A simple I love you means more than money.” – Frank Sinatra
8. “The best is yet to come and won’t that be fine.” – Frank Sinatra
9. “Don’t hide your scars. They make you who you are.” – Frank Sinatra
10. “Hell hath no fury like a hustler with a literary agent.” – Frank Sinatra
Also, read these inspirational Johnny Cash quotes on living a full life.
Frank Sinatra Quotes about life and success
A 2020 study published in the Journal of Nostalgia Research showed that engaging with nostalgic content, such as Frank Sinatra quotes and music, can increase positive emotions and social connectedness.
By sharing his quotes about life, love, and New York, individuals may strengthen their personal relationships and foster a sense of community.
11. “Stay alive, stay active, and get as much practice as you can.” – Frank Sinatra
12. “Nothing anybody’s said or written about me ever bothers me, except when it does.” – Frank Sinatra
13. “I’m not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I’m not looking for the secret to life… I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” – Frank Sinatra
14. “The cigarettes you light one after another won’t help you forget her.” – Frank Sinatra
15. “A friend is never an imposition.” – Frank Sinatra
16. “You only go around once, but if you play your cards right, once is enough.” – Frank Sinatra
17. “Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars.” – Francis Sinatra
18. “For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught.” – Frank Sinatra
19. “Love is when you want to sing every day and night. Without fee and a manager.” – Francis Sinatra
20. “I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way.” – Francis Sinatra
Frank Sinatra quotes to inspire greatness
21. “Whatever else has been said about me personally is unimportant. When I sing, I believe. I’m honest.” – Frank Sinatra
22. “Regrets, I’ve had a few; But then again, too few to mention.” – Francis Sinatra
23. “Fear is the enemy of logic.” – Frank Sinatra
24. “People who make a living off other people’s fortunes or misfortunes are parasites.” – Frank Sinatra
25. “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.” – Frank Sinatra
Short Frank Sinatra Quotes To Live Your Best Life
26. “You only live once, and the way I live, once is enough.” ― Frank Sinatra
27. “Take a deep breath, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again.” ― Frank Sinatra
28. “Don’t respond to negativity with more negativity. Just put your head down and prove your critics wrong.” ― Frank Sinatra
29. “Fresh air makes me throw up. I can’t handle it. I’d rather be around three Denobili cigars blowing in my face all night.” ― Frank Sinatra
30. “I’m for whatever gets you through the night.” ― Frank Sinatra
31. “Cock your hat – angles are attitudes.” ― Frank Sinatra
32. “I think my greatest ambition in life is to pass on to others what I know.” ― Frank Sinatra
33. “What I do with my life is of my own doing. I live it the best way I can.” ― Frank Sinatra
34. “I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps.” ― Frank Sinatra
35. “All day long, they lie in the sun, and when the sun goes down, they lie some more.” ― Frank Sinatra
Which are your favorite Frank Sinatra quotes?
Frank Sinatra was an instinctive musical genius and a consummate entertainer who used his artistry to become one of the most recognizable symbols of American culture.
Although he had his fair share of controversy, he will always be remembered as one who helped redefine singing as a means of personal expression.
Hopefully, these Frank Sinatra quotes have inspired you to do it your way.
Did you enjoy these Frank Sinatra quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
December 5, 2022 at 9:45 PM
The song my way was written by Paul Anka, but it was written specifically for Frank and Paul tried to make it sound like it came from Frank. I heard this in an interview of Paul Anka.
July 21, 2020 at 3:12 AM
Yes it’s true that Sinatra didn’t write the song My Way: I don’t know if he wrote any of his songs
March 5, 2020 at 11:53 PM
That was lovely. I appreciate that you took the time to collect and share this with others. They don’t make em like frank anymore.
November 24, 2019 at 2:46 PM
All the quotes you have attributed to him from the song “My Way” actually belong to singer Paul Anka who wrote the tune,
March 25, 2019 at 1:29 PM
Thanks for the wonderful compilation. Only two quotes are actually from Joe E. Lewis, a friend of Frank´s whom he played in the movie “A Joker goes wild”. These are the two quotes that are from Joe and not from Frank originally (also he might have used them on stage, as Dean Martin, too): ) “Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.” and “I feel sorry for people who don’t drink, because when they wake up in the morning, that is the best they are going to feel all day.” Unfortunately this get´s quoted wrong in many places. In addition I ahve never read or heard the following quote as being one of Frank: “A well-balanced girl is the one who has an empty head and a full sweater.” Where did you find that one? I actually doubt it´s from him, or if it is, probably directly from a Rat Pack Performance in Las Vegas, and not reflecting his beliefs about woman. He actually preferred and loved smart, intelligent and strong woman. 😉 Thanks again, Anja
December 20, 2018 at 10:01 AM
Loved em all.
He was as good as Johnny fontane lol.
October 25, 2018 at 7:35 AM
Quote 24: confused. Has the church influenced Sinatras bow of silence? How staunch are Sinatras policies?
Quote 44 moved me.