Best Frank Sinatra Quotes
Ol’ Blue Eyes lived a colorful life filled with excitement, and there was truly never a dull moment. A remarkable entertainer, these Frank Sinatra quotes about New York, life, and love will make you want to seek adventure.
Francis Albert Sinatra was an American singer, actor, and producer who is regarded as one of the greatest singers of the 20th century.
His albums have sold over 150 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
Sinatra was born on December 12, 1915, in New Jersey to Italian immigrants.
He developed a passion for singing at an early age and turned professional in his teens. He joined a local singing group before going on to launch his solo career.
Known for his melodious voice, acting skills, and charismatic personality, Sinatra had an incredibly long career – spanning from the 1930s to 1990s.
He received 11 Grammy Awards and was also included in Time magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century.
Although Sinatra had a successful career, success did not come easily to him. He had his fair share of challenges but he always managed to bounce back.
As one of the greatest entertainers in American history, Sinatra clearly tapped into his Everyday Power to reach his full potential.
In that regard, below are some great Frank Sinatra quotes to inspire the best from you.
We hope you enjoy these inspirational and thought-provoking quotes as much as we do!
Frank Sinatra Quotes About Life, Love and New York
1. The best revenge is massive success. – Frank Sinatra
2. I would like to be remembered as a man who had a wonderful time living life, a man who had good friends, fine family – and I don’t think I could ask for anything more than that, actually. – Frank Sinatra
3. Dare to wear the foolish clown face. – Frank Sinatra
4. May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine. – Frank Sinatra
5. I’m gonna live till I die. – Frank Sinatra
6. People often remark that I’m pretty lucky. Luck is only important in so far as getting the chance to sell yourself at the right moment. After that, you’ve got to have talent and know how to use it. – Frank Sinatra
7. I’m not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I’m not looking for the secret to life… I just go on from day to day, taking what comes. – Frank Sinatra
8. Don’t get even, get mad. – Frank Sinatra
9. The martial music of every sideburned delinquent on the face of the earth. – Frank Sinatra
10. Throughout my career, if I have done anything, I have paid attention to every note and every word I sing – if I respect the song. If I cannot project this to a listener, I fail. – Frank Sinatra
Also read these inspirational Johnny Cash quotes on living a full life.
Frank Sinatra Quotes about life and success
11. You may be a puzzle, but I like the way the parts fit. – Frank Sinatra
12. ….A simple I love you means more than money…. – Frank Sinatra
13. The best is yet to come and won’t that be fine. – Frank Sinatra
14. The cigarettes you light one after another won’t help you forget her. – Frank Sinatra
15. Don’t hide your scars. They make you who you are – Frank Sinatra
16. You only go around once, but if you play your cards right, once is enough. – Frank Sinatra
17. That’s life,and I can’t deny it/Many times I thought of cuttin’ out but my heart won’t buy it. – Frank Sinatra
18. For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught. – Frank Sinatra
19. Hell hath no fury like a hustler with a literary agent. – Frank Sinatra
20. You can be the most artistically perfect performer in the world, but an audience is like a broad–if you’re indifferent, Endsville. – Frank Sinatra
Frank Sinatra quotes to inspire greatness
21. Whatever else has been said about me personally is unimportant. When I sing, I believe. I’m honest. – Frank Sinatra
22. For years I’ve nursed a secret desire to spend the Fourth of July in a double hammock with a swingin’ redheaded broad … but I could never find me a double hammock. – Frank Sinatra
23. Fear is the enemy of logic. – Frank Sinatra
24. I’m for decency — period. I’m for anything and everything that bodes love and consideration for my fellow man. But when lip service to some mysterious deity permits bestiality on Wednesday and absolution on Sunday — cash me out. – Frank Sinatra
25. The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything. – Frank Sinatra
26. People who make a living off other people’s fortunes or misfortunes are parasites. – Frank Sinatra
27. You’ve got to be on the ball from the minute you step out into that spotlight. You gotta know exactly what you’re doing every second on that stage, otherwise the act goes right into the bathroom. It’s all over. Good night. – Frank Sinatra
28. What formula? I never had one, so I couldn’t say what the main ingredient is. I think everybody who’s successful in this business has one common ingredient—the talent God gave us. The rest depends upon how it’s used. – Frank Sinatra
29. If you possess something but you can’t give it away, then you don’t possess it … it possesses you. – Frank Sinatra
30. What I do with my life is of my own doing. I live it the best way I can. – Frank Sinatra
Don’t forget to also read these quotes from John Wayne to lead you through life.
Frank Sinatra Quotes to inspire and motivate
31. Cock your hat – angles are attitudes.” – Frank Sinatra
32. Orange is the happiest color.” – Frank Sinatra
33. I think my greatest ambition in life is to pass on to others what I know. – Frank Sinatra
34. All day long, they lie in the sun, and when the sun goes down, they lie some more. – Frank Sinatra
35. Fresh air makes me throw up. I can’t handle it. I’d rather be around three Denobili cigars blowing in my face all night. – Frank Sinatra
Frank Sinatra Quotes
36. Stay alive, stay active, and get as much practice as you can. – Frank Sinatra
37. I believe in you and me. I’m like Albert Schweitzer and Bertrand Russell and Albert Einstein in that I have a respect for life–in any form. I believe in nature, in the birds, the sea, the sky, in everything I can see or that there is real evidence for. If these things are what you mean by God, then I believe in God.” – Frank Sinatra
38. There are several things I think I would have done if I had the chance again. I would have been a little more patient about getting out into the world. I would have seen to it that I had a more formal education. I would have become an accomplished mu – Frank Sinatra
39. Basically, I’m for anything that gets you through the night – be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels. – Frank Sinatra
40. I feel sorry for people who don’t drink, because when they wake up in the morning, that is the best they are going to feel all day. – Frank Sinatra
Frank Sinatra Quotes that will bring out the best in you
41. I’m supposed to have a Ph.D. on the subject of women. But the truth is I’ve flunked more often than not. I’m very fond of women; I admire them. But, like all men, I don’t understand them. – Frank Sinatra
42. I love all those girls the same as they love me. I get thousands of letters a week from girls who love me…. Every time I sing a song, I make love to them. I’m a boudoir singer. – Frank Sinatra
43. At heart, I guess I’m a saloon singer because there’s a greater intimacy between performer and audience in a nightclub. Then again, I love the excitement of appearing before a big concert audience. Let’s just say that the place isn’t important, as long as everybody has a good time. – Frank Sinatra
44. If you don’t know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he’s just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It’s one world, pal. We’re all neighbors. – Frank Sinatra
45. Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy. – Frank Sinatra
46. A well-balanced girl is the one who has an empty head and a full sweater. – Frank Sinatra
47. “I’m not unmindful of a man’s seeming need for faith; I’m for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels. But to me religion is a deeply personal thing in which man and God go it alone together, without the witch doctor in the middle.” – Frank Sinatra
48. Nothing anybody’s said or written about me ever bothers me, except when it does. – Frank Sinatra
49. A friend is never an imposition. – Frank Sinatra
50. “You only live once…”― Frank Sinatra
You might also like these epic Miles Davis quotes from a legendary figure in American music.
Other memorable Frank Sinatra quotes
51. “If I had done everything I’m credited with, I’d be speaking to you from a laboratory jar at Harvard.”- Frank Sinatra
52. “Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars.” – Francis Sinatra
53. “Love is when you want to sing every day and night. Without fee and a manager.” – Francis Sinatra
54. “Don’t respond to negativity with more negativity. Just put your head down and prove your critics wrong.”- Francis Sinatra
55. “A friend to me has no race, no class and belongs to no minority. My friendships were formed out of affection, mutual respect and a feeling of having something strong in common. These are eternal values that cannot be racially classified. This is the way I look at race.” – Francis Sinatra
56. “I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way.” – Francis Sinatra
57. “Regrets, I’ve had a few; But then again, too few to mention.” – Francis Sinatra
58. “If power doesn’t mean that you have the opportunity to work with the people that you love, then you haven’t really got any.” – Francis Sinatra
59. “It took me a long, long time to learn what I now know, and I don’t want that to die with me.” – Frank Sinatra
60. “Go fool yourself, if you will, I just haven’t got the time.”– Frank Sinatra
61. “Take a deep breath, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again.” – Francis Sinatra
62. “I believe that God knows what each of us wants and needs. It’s not necessary for us to make it to church on Sunday to reach Him. You can find Him anyplace. ”- Francis Sinatra
63. “Card players have a saying: It’s all right to play if you keep your eyes on the deck – which is another way of saying, eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.” – Francis Sinatra
64. “I’m just a singer, Elvis was the embodiment of the whole American culture.”- Francis Sinatra
65. “For nobody else, gave me thrill-with all your faults, I love you still. It had to be you, wonderful you, it had to be you.” – Frank Sinatra
Which are your favorite Frank Sinatra quotes?
Frank Sinatra was an instinctive musical genius and a consummate entertainer who used his artistry to become one of the most recognizable symbols of American culture.
Although he had his fair share of controversy, he will always be remembered as one who helped redefine singing as a means of personal expression. Hopefully, these Frank Sinatra quotes have inspired you to do it your way.
Did you enjoy these Frank Sinatra quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
June 3, 2021 6:00 AM EST