Infinity Quotes For Going Beyond
September 2, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Check out these amazing infinity quotes as you sit and ponder the infinite.
Infinity can be a mind blowing concept for some.
By definition the idea of infinity is an unlimited extent of time, space or quantity.
It is a state of boundlessness. We are often taught to understand things in a linear fashion.
Our own lives are viewed as something that have a beginning, a middle and an end.
Sometimes this makes it difficult for us to really wrap our heads around the concept of infinity because how could anything go on forever?
In its own way, infinity is a paradox. We associate infinity with numbers, so it feels like a number when we talk about it, but infinite does not behave like a number.
If we were to add, subtract, multiply or divide any number to infinite we end up with the same infinity we started with. Mind blowing!
Enjoy the infinity quotes below and see if it changes how you think about things.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Deep Thinking Infinity Quotes
As with anything, the deeper you think about it can change your perspective. Check out the quotes below.
1. “Does there exist an Infinity outside ourselves?” – Victor Hugo
You will also enjoy our article on Palpatine quotes.
2. “Infinity isn’t on Earth and it isn’t in heaven.” – Irene Solà, Canto jo i la muntanya balla
You will also enjoy our article on John Proctor quotes.
3. “Infinity’ is an idea. And so is ‘God’.” – Gunbir Singh Baveja
4. “We are finite, in that we are a product and source of the infinite.” – Ilyas Kassam
5. “One component of infinity is the complete absence of time.” – Attila Pergel, The Book That Happened
6. “What does infinity mean to you?” – Dejan Stojanovic, Circling: 1978-1987
7. “The more you approach infinity, the deeper you penetrate terror.” – Gustave Flaubert
8. “Paranormal events are just edges of the infinite we “happen” to encounter.” – Doug Dillon
9. “There is a pledge of the big and of the small in the infinite.” – Dejan Stojanovic, Circling: 1978-1987
10. “I wanted to stake my claim on you tonight. To make you mine – for now and infinity to come.” – Farrah Naseem
More Deep Thinking Infinity Quotes
Infinity is such a vast topic that more deep thinking quotes were needed. Check out the quotes below.
11. “Infinity is the end. End without infinity is but a new beginning.” – Dejan Stojanovic, The Sun Watches the Sun
12. “We may try to surf on the waves of infinity and attempt to kill mortality.” – Eric Pevernagie, Living on Probation
13. “Death is a part of Life, they are dancing together the dance of infinity in front of the gates of Time” – Grigoris Deoudis
14. “Her existence touches both my past and my future at one point- infinity.” – Shannon Lee Alexander, Love and Other Unknown Variables
15. “Until only infinity remained of beauty.” – John Ashbery
16. “Are you not infinity and yourself?” – Dejan Stojanovic, Circling: 1978-1987
17. “The interior of our skulls contains a portal to infinity.” – Grant Morrison, Supergods
18. “I’m so tired… I was up all night trying to round off infinity.” – Steven Wright
19. “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” – Albert Einstein
Infinity Quotes About Love
We all want the love story where people choose to love each other forever, or for infinity. Check out the quotes below.
20. “Only in the eyes of love you can find infinity.” – Sorin Cerin, Wisdom Collection
21. “Your greatest awakening comes, when you are aware about your infinite nature.” – Amit Ray, Meditation: Insights and Inspirations
22. “An infinity of passion can be contained in one minute, like a crowd in a small space.” –Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary
23. “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.” – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
24. “It is part of the nature of every definitive love that sooner or later it can reach the beloved only in infinity.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
25. “The buying of more books than one can read is nothing less than the soul reaching toward infinity…” – A. Edward Newton
26. “There are two infinities that confuse me: the one in my soul devours me; the one around me will crush me.” – Gustave Flaubert
27. “If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite.” – William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell
28. “In great things that, like everything else, are doomed to die, or in small things that aspire to nothing, yet know how to set a jewel of infinity in a single moment?” – Muriel Barbery, The Elegance of the Hedgehog
29. “There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There’s .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others.” – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
30. “Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.” – Voltaire
Infinity Quotes on How to Reach Infinity
How do you reach something everlasting or never ending? These next quotes explore those concepts.
31. “It’s very much like your trying to reach infinity. You know that it’s there, you just don’t know where-but just because you can never reach it doesn’t mean that it’s not worth looking for.” –Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
32. “It wasn’t infinity in fact. Infinity itself looks flat and uninteresting. Looking up into the night sky is looking into infinity—distance is incomprehensible and therefore meaningless” – Douglas Adams
33. “Whoever you are, go out into the evening,leaving your room, of which you know every bit;your house is the last before the infinite,whoever you are.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
34. “Everything measurable passes, everything that can be counted has an end. Only three things are infinite: the sky in its stars, the sea in its drops of water, and the heart in its tears.” –Gustave Flaubert, The Letters of Gustave Flaubert, 1830-1857
35. “When you have the power to love, that strength, that courage is infinite; that love is infinite. There is nothing finite about it’s presence, for love. never. dies.” – Solange nicole
36. “The night stared me in the face, amorphous, blind, infinite, without frontiers. Not a single start relieved the darkness behind the glass.” – Stanisław Lem, Solaris
37. “Infinite is a meaningless word: except – it states / The mind is capable of performing / an endless process of addition.” – Louis Zukofsky
38. “Remember your connection with the cosmos. Remember your connection with the infinity and that remembrance will give you the freedom.” – Amit Ray, Enlightenment Step by Step
39. “Everything in this universe is restricted by its limitations. The only thing that can work in infinite dimensions is the human mind.” – Sukant Ratnakar, Quantraz
40. “This is uncharted territory for me, but I know that I Buzz Lightyear love you. You know–to infinity and beyond?” – Susan Andersen, Burning Up
Infinity Quotes on Endlessness
Infinity is endlessness after all. How you think about infinity may change after reading these next quotes.
41. “We think of infinity as a really big number, but it’s not. It’s endlessness. Endlessness is a really strange idea in a universe that is defined by its endings.” – John Green
42. “O Space and Time and stars at strife,How dreadful your infinity! Shrined by your termless trinity, How strange, how terrible, is life!” – George Sterling, The Thirst of Satan
43. “Might you be forced to think that by burning a twig you incinerate an eternity of eternities? That existence rises not to one infinite but to an infinity of them?” – Stephen King
44. “Chair or no chair: a binary relation. But the vicissitudes of moving the body around are infinite. You never know what a person in a chair can do.” – Sarah Manguso
45. “It means that there is something common between infinity and writing. Writing makes me feel immortal. You just can’t stop, cause there are endless words inside of you.” – Tamara Stamenkovic
46. “Here too was the terrifying fixed curve of the infinite, the creeping curve of logic which at least must become the final signpost at the edge of nothing.” – Conrad Aiken, American Fantastic Tales
47. “If we bring it down to earth, infinity is a series of rolling hills. A countryside in Ohio where all the tall-grass snakes know how angels lose their wings.” – Tiffany McDaniel, Betty
48. “If God is One, then man is like a 0.(9) — he is there, without even knowing it. He needs to cross an infinite ocean of repetitiveness before he realizes he is, already, one with the One.” –Lidija Stankovikj, Alexander’s Infinity
49. “We are moving closer to a continuous environment – an environment that will have an infinite number of states – a world of infinite possibilities.” – Sukant Ratnakar, Quantraz
50. “The infinite dwells in each of us. Like a window on the top of our heads that we didn’t even know was there, and the poet’s voice opens up little by little, and up there, through that crack, is the infinite.” – Irene Solà, Canto jo i la muntanya balla
What Did The Infinity Quotes Mean To You?
Writer Irene Sola noted that “The infinite dwells in each of us. Like a window on the top of our heads that we didn’t even know was there.”
Indeed, infinity is an abstract concept, and that can be scary.
Certainly it is natural for humans to fear the unknown. Infinity can represent the idea of an unknown.
Writer Gustave Flaubert once came to the conclusion that “The more you approach infinity, the deeper you penetrate terror.”
People often associate infinity with something humongous, but infinity can be infinitely tiny as well.
Infinity can also describe an object that is smaller than any number one can imagine.
Infinity just keeps going. There is no biggest infinity.
Beyond infinity is an infinite set of infinities that keep going and going.
So keep asking questions and thinking big, because you only have more of yourself to discover.
As Buzz Lightyear famously said, “To infinity and beyond!”
So now that you have read the infinity quotes has it changed how you think about things?
How about if you share with your family and friends, how do they feel? Please comment below.