These John Dewey quotes on art and education will give you a deeper appreciation of teachers.
John Dewey was an American philosopher and psychologist who was deeply passionate about education and social reform.
He had many inspiring ideas about democracy, ethics, politics, education, communication, and journalism.
Are you interested in art, academics, or self-reflection?
This collection of John Dewey sayings on teaching will give you greater insight into these areas.
No matter what stage you’re at in your life, there is always an opportunity to learn and grow.
It’s worth it, in the long run, to invest in your education and learn everything that you can.
Being knowledgeable will allow you to experience life and appreciate art in completely new ways.
Share these John Dewey quotes on education with someone in your life who values knowledge and wisdom.
Don’t forget to also check out these Richard Feynman quotes about science, life, and learning.
John Dewey quotes on teachers, education and life
1. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
2. “We do not learn from experience… we learn from reflecting on experience.” – John Dewey
3. “Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.” – John Dewey
4. “Were all instructors to realize that the quality of mental process, not the production of correct answers, is the measure of educative growth something hardly less than a revolution in teaching would be worked.” – John Dewey
5. “Art is the most effective mode of communications that exists.” – John Dewey
6. “The belief that all genuine education comes about through experience does not mean that all experiences are genuinely or equally educative.” – John Dewey
7. “Every great advance in science has issued from a new audacity of imagination.” – John Dewey
8. “Time and memory are true artists; they remold reality nearer to the heart’s desire.” – John Dewey
9. “Failure is instructive. The person who really thinks learns quite as much from his failures as from his successes.” – John Dewey
10. “The self is not something ready-made, but something in continuous formation through choice of action.” – John Dewey
Thought-provoking John Dewey quotes
11. “Anyone who has begun to think places some portion of the world in jeopardy.” – John Dewey
12. “Education, therefore, is a process of living and not a preparation for future living.” – John Dewey
13. “The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better.” – John Dewey
14. “Skepticism: the mark and even the pose of the educated mind.” – John Dewey
15. “To find out what one is fitted to do, and to secure an opportunity to do it, is the key to happiness.” – John Dewey
16. “Just as a flower which seems beautiful and has color but no perfume, so are the fruitless words of the man who speaks them but does them not.” – John Dewey
17. “Nature is the mother and the habitat of man, even if sometimes a stepmother and an unfriendly home.” – John Dewey
18. “We only think when we are confronted with problems.” – John Dewey
19. “Such happiness as life is capable of comes from the full participation of all our powers in the endeavor to wrest from each changing situation of experience its own full and unique meaning.” – John Dewey
20. “To me, faith means not worrying.” – John Dewey
John Dewey quotes that will change your perspective
21. “No man’s credit is as good as his money.” – John Dewey
22. “The path of least resistance and least trouble is a mental rut already made. It requires troublesome work to undertake the alternation of old beliefs.” – John Dewey
23. “Without some goals and some efforts to reach it, no man can live.” – John Dewey
24. “There’s all the difference in the world between having something to say, and having to say something.” – John Dewey
25. “We always live at the time we live and not at some other time, and only by extracting at each present time the full meaning of each present experience are we prepared for doing the same thing in the future.” – John Dewey
What are your favorite John Dewey quotes on education and reflection?
As a scholar and academic reformer, John Dewey had a significant impact on the American education system.
These John Dewey quotes on teaching demonstrate his passion for learning and education.
If you want to honor his legacy, you should study hard, respect teachers, and keep your mind open to new ideas.
John Dewey was knowledgeable about a wide range of topics, including metaphysics, art, philosophy, logic, social theory, psychology, and ethics.
Using these skills, he was able to reform many aspects of the education system and change the way people approached teaching.
Let this collection of quotes on teaching give you a deeper respect for people with this incredible profession.
Share these John Dewey quotes with all of the teachers and students in your life.
What are your favorite John Dewey quotes and sayings on education and teachers?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST