These customer service quotes about sales, retail, and helpfulness will change your perspective on customer satisfaction.
Good customer service is a key factor to running a successful business. Every company strives to have satisfied, loyal customers and happy employees. Read these customer service quotes to inspire yourself while you work towards these goals.
Why is customer service key to the success of a business?
Providing excellent customer service and working with your team will put you on the path to greatness. This collection of quotes will remind you how important it is to focus on customer satisfaction.
Working directly with customers can be a challenge, but these insights can give you a new perspective on service and sales. These quotes come from the minds of legendary thinkers and customer service experts. Whether you work in retail, marketing, management, or some other field, these words will resonate with you.
It’s possible to find that perfect balance and harmony in the office when you approach work with the right attitude. Share this list of customer service quotes with your work friends to boost the team’s motivation.
Also check out these powerful sales quotes for landing your next big sale.
Customer service quotes to give you a new perspective on service and sales
1. “Make a customer, not a sale.” – Katherine Barchetti
2. “There is only one boss. The customer ― and he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Sam Walton
3. “Satisfaction is a rating. Loyalty is a brand.” – Shep Hyken
4. “Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the customer gets out of it.” – Peter Drucker
5. “I believe in the power of recognition and empowerment leading to great employee engagement. And employee engagement is critical to guest engagement. Employee empowerment and recognition is the core of our culture and how we achieve outstanding customer service.” – Herve Humler
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of engagement quotes about the power of commitment and love.
6. “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” – Walt Disney
7. “Don’t try to tell the customer what he wants. If you want to be smart, be smart in the shower. Then get out, go to work, and serve the customer!” – Gene Buckley
8. “Just having satisfied customers isn’t good enough anymore. If you really want a booming business, you have to create raving fans.” – Ken Blanchard
9. “You’ll never have a product or price advantage again. They can be too easily duplicated. But a strong customer service culture cannot be copied.” – Jerry Fritz
10. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
Customer service quotes to elevate your perspective
11. “How you think about your customer influences how you respond to them.” – Marilyn Suttle
12. “Customer service should not be a department. It should be the entire company.” – Tony Hsieh
13. “If people believe they share values with a company, they will stay loyal to the brand.” – Howard Schultz
14. “Spend a lot of time talking to customers face-to-face. You’d be amazed at how many companies don’t listen to their customers.” – H. Ross Perot
15. “Unless you love everybody, you can’t sell anybody.” – Dicky Fox
16. “It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages.” – Henry Ford
17. “Listen to your customers or you will have none.” – Zach Hendrix
18. “A brand is no longer what we tell the customer it is ― it is what customers tell each other it is.” – Scott Cook
19. “Customer service means making it easy and fast for your customers to get the help they need ― when and how they need it.”- Steve Benson
20. “Customers will never love a company until the employees love it first.” – Simon Sinek
Customer service quotes to boost your team’s motivation
21. “Customer service is the experience we deliver to our customer. It’s the promise we keep to the customer. It’s how we follow through for the customer. It’s how we make them feel when they do business with us.” – Shep Hyken
22. “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” – Bob Hooey
23. “Innovation that matters will involve a hard look at what your customer experience is and what it could be. If your company isn’t relentlessly focused on what is useful, digital Darwinism is going to leave you out on a forgotten branch of the evolutionary tree.” – Pete Sena
24. “Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game. Service wins the game.” – Tony Alessandra
25. “Client service is about excellence and integrity above all else and it should be a continually evolving process.” – Kirk Paulsen
26. “When you serve the customer better, they always return on your investment.” – Kara Parlin
27. “Customer service is what sets the good companies apart from the bad companies. Think of it as an added value. In today’s competitive industry, everyone can provide the best product, but not a great customer service.” – Charles Vallena
28. “Ask your customers to be part of the solution, and don’t view them as part of the problem.” – Alan Weiss
29. “Customer service has more in common with selling an identity than it does with selling a product.” – Than Merrill
30. “It takes months to find a customer … seconds to lose one.” – Vince Lombardi
Customer service quotes to inspire you
31. “Customer service is everything and anything that touches a customer ― directly or indirectly. Customer service means servicing customers, and it’s so much more than just solving problems or addressing complaints. Customer service is part of a holistic customer experience that is capable of providing a critical competitive advantage in today’s increasingly cluttered and commoditized marketplace.” – Joseph Jaffe
32. “The customer is why we are here. If we take good care of them, they’ll give us good reason to come back.” – Jenny McKenzie
33. “Customers who are merely satisfied remain your customers only as long as everything goes their way.” – Chip Bell
34. “Customer service is an attitude ― not a department.” – Mo Hardy
35. “Know what your customers want most and what your company does best. Focus on where those two meet.” – Kevin Stirtz
36. “Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. But they do expect you to fix things when they go wrong.” – Donald Porter
37. “Happy customers are your biggest advocates and can become your most successful sales team.” – Lisa Masiello
38. “Building a good customer experience does not happen by accident. It happens by design.” – Clare Muscutt
39. “Customers often know more about your products than you do. Use them as a source of inspiration and ideas for product development.” – David J. Greer
40. “One customer well taken care of could be more valuable than $10,000 worth of advertising.” – Jim Rohn
Other insightful customer service quotes
41. “The key is to set realistic customer expectations, and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them ― preferably in unexpected and helpful ways.” – Richard Branson
42. “Any customer that walks away, disrespected and defeated, represents tens of thousands of dollars out the door, in addition to the failure of a promise the brand made in the first place. You can’t see it but it’s happening, daily.” – Seth Godin
43. “Get closer than ever to your customers. So close, in fact, that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves.” – Steve Jobs
44. “The more you engage with customers, the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing.” – John Russell
45. “Customers do not care how much you know unless they know how much you care.” – Damon Richards
46. “If you’re not serving the customer, your job is to be serving someone who is.” – Jan Carlzon
47. “If you have the confidence to speak with people, you can solve their problems.” – Steven Lowell
48. “Treat the customer as if you are that customer.” – Gena Lorainne
49. “Be family. Be fun. Be amazing and be growing and learning constantly . Treat people like family. No matter what, there’s no right way, there’s no wrong way. When it comes to the customer, you just make it right.” – Keegan Hodges
50. “You are serving a customer, not a life sentence. Learn how to enjoy your work.” – Laurie McIntosh
More customer service quotes to learn and live by
51. “If we can keep our competitors focused on us while we stay focused on the customer, ultimately we’ll turn out all right.” ― Jeff Bezos
52. “Thank your customer for complaining and mean it. Most will never bother to complain. They’ll just walk away.” ― Marilyn Suttle
53. “Great customer service alone can make us buy something we know we do not need.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
54. “Don’t look for customers in your business, be the business your customers are looking for.” ― Mac Duke The Strategist
55. “An effective customer service strategy is the one which will never stop learning more about your customers.” ― Pooja Agnihotri
56. “A positive, beaming smile is the trap that catches customers.” ― Utibe Samuel Mbom
57. “People over profit always.” ― Janna Cachola
58. “If you want to improve your company’s sales, improve your company’s support” ― Anuja Jasani
59. “When you put yourself in the customer’s shoes and begin your dialog from there, an immediate connection develops that stems beyond basic commerce and encourages loyalty.” ― Steve Maraboli
60. “If you give more than the customer expects, the customer will help you build your business.” ― Dax Bamania
Customer service quotes to get & retain more customers
61. “To earn the respect (and eventually love) of your customers, you first have to respect those customers. That is why Golden Rule behavior is embraced by most of the winning companies.” – Colleen Barrett
62. “To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.” – Don Alden Adams
63. “Men are rich only as they give. He who gives great service gets great rewards.” – Elbert Hubbard
64. “We don’t want to push our ideas on to customers, we simply want to make what they want.” – Laura Ashley
65. “Instead of focusing on the competition, focus on the customer.” – Scott Cook
66. “Good customer service costs less than bad customer service.” – Sally Gronow
67. “As a membership site we’re always focused on reducing churn and increasing satisfaction. We know that collecting feedback from customers throughout the customer’s lifecycle has allowed us to achieve both.” – James Bake
68. “Service, in short, is not what you do, but who you are. It’s a way of living that you need to bring to everything you do if you’re to bring it to your customer interactions.” – Betsy Sanders
69. “Courteous treatment will make a customer a walking advertisement.” – James Cash Penney
70. “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job to make the customer experience a little bit better.” – Jeff Bezos
Which of these customer service quotes changed your perspective the most?
Working in customer service can be a stressful, difficult, thankless job. Read these quotes to remind yourself how important customer service roles are to a company’s overall success.
By helping clients solve problems and succeed, you can empower the entire business. Whether your days are filled with emails, phone calls, or meetings, these insights will give you a new respect for the customer service profession.
If you need some inspiration at work, take a break and read these motivational customer service quotes. Loyal, happy customers are the key to achieving your goals in the business world. The best customer service quotes come from the minds of successful entrepreneurs, professionals, and leaders.
The greatest customer service experts understand how to create contentment and satisfaction in the workplace. Share these inspiring quotes about sales and service with all of your business partners and associates.
What are your favorite customer service quotes and mottos? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 6, 2022 5:00 AM EST