Teacher Appreciation Quotes Celebrating the Impact of Educators
February 6, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These teacher appreciation quotes will help you recognize the value of educators and show them a little love.
It’s teacher appreciation week!
Throughout the week, we will celebrate the contribution of teachers in the lives of our children and shaping up society.
Tell us about your favorite teacher in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these teacher appreciation quotes?
The importance of teachers in society can’t be underestimated.
They take on the responsibility of shaping young minds and improving their lives.
Teachers are one of the biggest role models for students.
They inspire them to push themselves to accomplish their goals.
Besides, they guide students on everything, from academic interests to issues related to their personal lives.
These teacher appreciation quotes will:
- give you the perfect words to say thank you
- help you understand the bond between teacher and student
- give you a better understanding of what teachers do
Teaching is one of the hardest jobs in the world, and we ought to honor educators, not only this week but every week.
To help you celebrate and thank the teachers in your or your child’s life, below is our collection of inspirational, empowering, and heart-touching teacher appreciation quotes and sayings, collected from various sources over the years.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Teacher appreciation quotes celebrating the impact of educators
1. “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” – Alexander the Great
You will also enjoy our article on appreciation quotes.
2. “A good teacher is like a candle — it consumes itself to light the way for others.” – Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
You will also enjoy our article on Teacher’s Day quotes.
3. “Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of the individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
You will also enjoy our article on preschool quotes.
4. “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on Rick and Morty quotes.
5. “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” – Mark Van Doren
You will also enjoy our article on role model quotes.
6. “If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes.”- Guy Kawasaki
7. “He who opens a school door, closes a prison.” – Victor Hugo
8. “In teaching, you cannot see the fruit of a day’s work. It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years.” – Jacques Barzun
9. “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” – Solomon Ortiz
10. “One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” – Philip Wylie
You might also like these funny teacher quotes to make you laugh.
Teacher appreciation quotes for educators developing the next generation
11. “A good teacher can inspire hope; ignite the imagination and instill a love of learning.” – Brad Henry
12. “Teachers teach because they care. Teaching young people is what they do best. It requires long hours, patience, and care.” – Horace Mann
13. “Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions.” –Author Unknown
14. “Free the child’s potential, and you will transform him into the world.” – Maria Montessori
15. “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
16. “Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me.” – Fred Rogers
17. “Not all superheroes have capes, some have Teaching Degrees.” – Author Unknown
18. “The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future life.” – Plato
19. “The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called “truth.” – Dan Rather
20. “I was lucky that I met the right mentors and teachers at the right moment.” – James Levine
Teacher appreciation quotes that honor and respect all educators
21. “A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart.” – Unknown Author
22. “Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system.” – Sidney Hook
23. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry Adams
24. “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” – Confucius
25. “Teacher appreciation makes the world of education go around.” – Helen Peters
26. “What a teacher writes on the blackboard of life can never be erased.” – Unknown Author
27. “Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.” – John C. Dana
28. “What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” – Karl Menninger
29. “Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students.”— Charles Kuralt
30. “The influence of teachers extends beyond the classroom, well into the future.”— F. Sionil Jose
Homeschool teacher appreciation quotes
31. “The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards.” –Anatole France
32. “Education is not filling a bucket, but lighting a fire.” –W.B. Yeats
33. “A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone when he is fully trained will be like his teacher.” –Luke 6:40
34. “As parent educators, we need to embrace a new notion of learning… we need to engage the heart in order to effectively educate the child. Our vision of a well-educated child is a child who has a heart for learning, a child who has the tools he needs to continue to learn for a lifetime and a child who has the love to want to do it.” –Elizabeth Foss
35. “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.” -Mahatma Ghandi
36. “My aim in homeschooling is to give my children the ability to be an adult learning, a skill set that will last the rest of their lives.” -Nancy Pearcey
37. “The longer I homeschool, the harder it is to separate teacher and mommy things I enjoy and I don’t need to because I am both of those things.” –Tina Robertson
38. “You’re a homeschool mom? You are building something amazing!” –Mary
39. “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” –Aristotle
40. “The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes.” –Harold B. Lee
Teacher Appreciation Quotes For The Great Job They Do
41. “The teacher… must have a kind of faith that the child will reveal himself through work.” ― Maria Montessori
42. “The job of an educator is to teach students to see vitality in themselves.” ― Joseph Campbell
43. “I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession.” ― John Wooden
44. “A good teacher, like a good entertainer, first must hold his audience’s attention, then he can teach his lesson.” ― John Henrik Clarke
45. “To teach is to learn twice.” ― Joseph Joubert
46. “Teachers appreciate being appreciated, for teacher appreciation is their highest award.” ― William Prince
47. “Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.” ― Josef Albers
48. “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” ― Lily Tomlin
49. “Students don’t know how much you know until they know how much you care.” ― John C. Maxwell
50. “Be a wonderful Role Model because you will be the window through which many children will see their future.” ― Thomas Mckinnon
Teacher Appreciation Quotes For Their Amazing Skill
51. “The duties of a teacher are neither few nor small, but they elevate the mind and give energy to the character.” ― Dorothea Dix
52. “To this end, the greatest asset of a school is the personality of the teacher.” ― John Strachan
53. “It’s the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom.” ― Michael Morpurgo
54. “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.” ― Phil Collins
55. “Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together.” ― Scott Hayden
56. “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” ― Bob Talbert
57. “Great teachers empathize with kids, respect them, and believe that each one has something special that can be built upon.” ― Ann Lieberman
58. “One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings.” ― Carl Jung
59. “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” ― Colleen Wilcox
60. “The great teacher is not the man who supplies the most facts, but the one in whose presence we become different people.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Teacher Appreciation Quotes to Honour Their Dedication
61. “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it from teachers.” ― Hubert H. Humphrey
62. “A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on a cold iron.” ― Horace Mann
63. “The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don’t tell you what to see.” ― Alexandra K. Trenfor
64. “The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence.” ― Amos Bronson Alcott
65. “The job of an educator is to teach students to see vitality in themselves.” ― Joseph Campbell
66. “I never teach my pupils, I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.” ― Albert Einstein
67. “The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself.” ― Edward Bulwer-Lytton
68. “A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in the pupils.” ― Ever Garrison
69. “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.” ― Joyce Meyer
70. “The teacher is one who makes two ideas grow where only one grew before.” ― Elbert Hubbard
Which of these teacher appreciation quotes was your favorite?
Teacher appreciation week allows us to let educators know how much we value their hard work, caring, and sacrifice.
Teachers play a big role in shaping the world around us.
An educator is the guide who holds our hand, opens our minds, and touches our hearts.
Hopefully, the quotes above will help you honor and appreciate them.
Which of these teacher appreciation quotes was your favorite?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add to the list?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.