Our Thomas S Monson quotes tell the story of a church leader who was passionate about his calling.
Thomas S. Monsoon left a remarkable legacy on the Mormon Church.
Learn more about this American spiritual leader with our Thomas S. Monson quotes.
Who was Thomas S. Monson?
Thomas S. Monson was an author, religious leader, and president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Check out these interesting facts about Monson below:
- Followers of the LDS Church believed Monson was a prophet.
- For years, Monson managed the Deseret News, a Utah newspaper.
- Monson was heavily involved in supporting the Boys Scouts of America.
Thomas S. Monson’s legacy
Monson was president of the Mormon church during a very interesting time in the church’s history.
He led the church for almost a decade and saw society and his congregation undergo different changes and transitions.
Monson led the church from the late 2000s to the late 2010s.
American society has undergone several changes with views on personal and collective identity shifting, expanding, and transforming.
Monson’s leadership was tested
Like it or not, the world is changing.
Churches unable to adapt to current times do not survive.
Monson’s followers credit him with keeping up with the shifting times.
These cultural shifts have not been easy on everyone, and the church has felt the impact.
Questions on gender, sexuality, marriage, and identity divide families and churchgoers.
These divisions impact how the church navigates through cultural shifts.
The church has faced backlash as internal and external critics remain divided.
While Monson never publicly took a side in the debate, some have been critical of his choices.
David Holland is a professor of New England Church History.
He sums up Monson’s legacy in the following way:
“Thomas Monson, equal parts personal generosity and cultural conservatism, embodied the contrapuntal notes of Mormonism during his presidency.”
To learn more, check out our Thomas S. Monson quotes below.
Short Thomas S Monson quotes about living in the now
Monson directs us to live in the present for a variety of reasons.
1. “The present is here, live it.” — Thomas S. Monson
2. “Decisions determine destiny.” — Thomas S. Monson
3. “The past is behind, learn from it.” — Thomas S. Monson
4. “The future is ahead, prepare for it.” — Thomas S. Monson
5. “We tend to become like those whom we admire.” — Thomas S. Monson
The top Thomas S Monson quotes about love
Monson notes that love is the driving force of our world.
6. “True love can alter human lives and change human nature.” — Thomas S. Monson
7. “One day, each of us will run out of tomorrows. Let us not put off what is important.” — Thomas S. Monson
8. “Love is the catalyst that causes change. Love is the balm that brings healing to the soul.” — Thomas S. Monson
9. “We must develop the capacity to see men not as they are at present but as they may become.” — Thomas S. Monson
10. “As we arise each morning, let us determine to respond with love and kindness to whatever might come our way.” — Thomas S. Monson
The best Thomas S Monson quotes about walking your journey
Only you can decide where your journey goes; make the trip worth it.
11. “We were not placed on this earth to walk alone.” — Thomas S. Monson
12. “Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty.” — Thomas S. Monson
13. “Physically walking where Jesus walked is less important than walking as He walked.” — Thomas S. Monson
14. “Work without vision is drudgery. Vision without work is dreaming. Work coupled with vision is destiny.” — Thomas S. Monson
15. “The battle for self-discipline may leave you a bit bruised and battered but always a better person.” — Thomas S. Monson
Famous Thomas. S Monson quotes about life
Here, we have some thoughtful quotes to live by.
16. “You can’t be right by doing wrong; you can’t be wrong by doing right.” — Thomas S. Monson
17. “Men take care not to make women weep, for God counts their tears.” — Thomas S. Monson
18. “Life by the yard is hard; by the inch, it’s a cinch. Decisions Determine Destiny.” — Thomas S. Monson
19. “Pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good.” — Thomas S. Monson
20. “The power to lead is the power to mislead, and the power to mislead is the power to destroy.” — Thomas S. Monson
Thomas S. Monson quotes and sayings about happiness
For some, happiness is elusive; others let it flow easily into their lives.
21. “What is most important almost always involves the people around us.” — Thomas S. Monson
22. “It’s not enough to wish, it’s not enough to dream, it’s not enough to promise. We must do.” — Thomas S. Monson
23. “Wonderful, glorious things are in store for you if you will only believe, obey, and endure.” — Thomas S. Monson
24. “We are reminded that anger doesn’t solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything.” — Thomas S. Monson
25. “Happiness comes when we stop complaining about the troubles we have and offer thanks for all the troubles we don’t have.” — Thomas S. Monson
How will you chase your dreams today?
Thomas S. Monson chased his dreams until they became his reality.
What steps will you take towards your dreams today?
Let us know your favorite Thomas S. Monson quote below.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
By practicing the tips in this article, you’ll be a leader who stands out both in your work and personal life.
When life gets tough, just turn to these words of encouragement and you’ll feel better in no time.
Everyday Power’s motivation section is all about developing the mindset to be resilient and persevere over whatever obstacles you have in your life.
Responsibility represents a key attribute for men, women, and children, one that is fine-tuned over an extended period of time and tested constantly.
Check out these related quote articles:
If you are interested in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or find Mormonism engaging, you will love these quotes.
Check out these “God give me strength” quotes on your way to feeling inspired.
These biblical quotes about God’s plan and timing will uplift your spirit.
These ‘thank God’ quotes are perfect whether you are feeling appreciative for religious reasons, or want to have a good laugh at some things people thank God for.