Re-live the decade of technology and cultural decadence with these 90s quotes.
The 1990s are often called the nineties or the ’90s and span from January 1, 1990, through December 31, 1999.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Th a unique decade as the fall of the Soviet Union left the United States as the world’s sole superpower.
During the ’90s, the world, particularly the United States, saw more attention paid to multiculturalism and independent media.
The music genre expanded to include alternative music and television focused on popular culture references and ironic self-reference.
The video game industry also made a comeback with technological advances so that platforms such as Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Saturn, and PC games became more popular.
The increase in technology coincided with the world wide web, which allowed more people access to information.
Take a look at these 90s Quotes to remember this remarkable decade.
Top 90s Quotes from Popular Television Shows
Jump back in time with these popular and catchy sayings or lyrics from nineties television.
1. “Whoa!” — Blossom
2. “How you doin’?” — Friends
3. “Hello, Newman.” — Seinfeld
4. “You got it, dude.” — Full House
5. “Eat my shorts!” — The Simpsons
6. “Did I do that?” — Family Matters
7. “They killed Kenny!” — South Park
8. “The truth is out there.” — The X-Files
9. “Isn’t that special?” — Saturday Night Live
10. “I’ll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air” — The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Quotes from Popular 90s Films
Some famous films have stood the test of time. Here are some memorable 90s quotes from a few of those films.
11. “Hakuna matata.” — Lion King
12. “Alrighty, then!” — Ace Ventura
13. “I’m the king of the world!” — Titanic
14. “To infinity and beyond.” — Toy Story
15 . “Hasta la vista, baby.” — Terminator 2
16. “Your killin’ me, Smalls.” — The Sandlot
17. “You can’t handle the truth.” — A Few Good Men
18. “Keep the change, ya filthy animal.” — Home Alone
19. “Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get.” — Forrest Gump
20. “Your scientist were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, that they didn’t stop to think if they should.” — Jurassic Park
90s Quotes from Popular Songs of the Decade
If you’re a music fan, you’ll enjoy these lyrics from some of the most popular songs from the Nineties.
21. “And after all / You’re my wonderwall.” — Oasis, Wonderwall
22. “Come on, vogue / Let your body go with the flow” — Madonna, Vogue
23. “Hit me, baby, one more time.” — Britney Spears, Baby One More Time
24. “So tell me what you want, what you really really want.” — Spice Girls, Wannabe
25. “’Cause it’s a bittersweet symphony, this life” — The Verve, Bitter Sweet Symphony
26. “I’m a genie in a bottle / You gotta rub me the right way” — Christina Aquilera, Genie In a Bottle
27. “Don’t go chasing waterfalls / Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to” — TLC, Waterfalls
28. “Don’t speak / I know what you’re thinking / I don’t need your reasons / Don’t tell me cause it hurts” — No Doubt, Don’t Speak
29. “Strumming my pain with his fingers / Singing my life with his words / Killing me softly with his song” — Fugees, Killing Me Softly
30. “Ice ice baby / Ice ice baby / All right stop / Collaborate and listen / Ice is back with my brand new invention” — Vanilla Ice, Ice Ice Baby
90s Quotes from Sports Icons
Here are some words from the legends and sports icons of the decade.
31. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” — Wayne Gretzky
32. “If you don’t practice, you don’t deserve to win.” — Andre Agassi
33. “I never worry about the problem. I worry about the solution.” — Shaquille O’Neal
34. “It’s not so much what one person does. It’s what we do as a team.” — Ken Griffey Jr.
35. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
36. “I don’t think about the money side. I just think about how I can create a culture of winning.” — Penny Hardaway
37. “To me, it was never about what I accomplished on the football field; it was about the way I played the game.” — Jerry Rice
38. “I’m not better than anyone else. I’m not supposed to be on a pedestal. I’ve always stayed away from that.” — Barry Sanders
39. “There’s a wealth of information and knowledge you can gain from sitting down with people who are successful.” — Grant Hill
40. “Every game I’ve ever played, regardless if it was pre-season or Super Bowl, meant the same to me, and I laid it all on the line.” — Brett Favre
Additional Quotes from the Nineties About Politics, Life, and Society
These quotes paint a picture of what life was like living in the nineties.
41. “I miss the silliness of the nineties.” — Douglas Coupland
42. “All my favorite artists and fashion icons and models are from the nineties. Everybody was just so fearless.” — Rihanna
43. “I always tell my traders that they would’ve loved the 1990s because it was a fairly easy time to make money.” — Steven A. Cohen
44. “Nineties hip-hop in particular really shaped what became the common pop cultural language that we all speak.” — Rick Famuyiwa
45. “Something happened in the nineties. There was a shift. I don’t want to blame it on grunge or the rise of indie—but that was basically it.” — Brandon Flowers
46. “During the 1900s, world leaders looked at the mounting threat of terrorism, looked up, looked away, and hoped the problem would go away.” — John Boehner
47. “I feel like we were the last generation, and there’s this big divide before and after the 1990s. I feel sorry for the kids today; it’s all too much.” — Chloe Sevigny
48. “In the nineties, everybody wants to talk about their rights and privileges. Twenty-five years ago, people talked about their obligations and responsibilities.” — Lou Holtz
49. “The world was still big. The country was still vast. You could just be a little person with your own little life and your own little thoughts. You didn’t have to have an opinion, and nobody cared if you did or did not.” — Chuck Klosterman
50. “And it’s interesting when you look at the predictions made during the peak of the boom in the 1990s, about e-commerce, or internet traffic, or broadband adoption, or internet advertising, they were all right—they were just wrong in time.” — Chris Anderson
What Influenced Politics in the ’90s?
Politics of the ’90s saw increased environmentalism, focusing on how business processes would impact the world for future generations.
During this decade, capitalism spread, and many countries were financially prosperous.
Share these’90ss Quotes with your friends and family, and post any comments about the decade in the comment section below. Check out these funny yearbook quotes to make you laugh.