We have some of the most well-put-together roofing quotes for you to enjoy.
Our quotes are all about celebrating and honoring roofing.
Most of us take the roofing in our lives for granted.
The average person is not thinking about how much energy went into making the roofs they often rely upon for protection.
However, a lot of energy is used between harvesting material to make the wood, fabrication, shipment, purchase, and construction.
Who built the first roof?
Well, that is difficult to say for sure.
Since the dawn of our time, humans have always required some sort of shelter or protection from the elements.
Many early humans made roofs out of whatever materials were available.
Stone age people covered structures with sod roofs made with earth and plants.
While these structures were warm, they were still susceptible to vermin and were not waterproof.
We have structures on our planets that go back thousands of years, so we know roofs have been in use for a long time.
However, some of our earliest recorded roofing technology comes from China from about five thousand years ago.
Early Chinese roofers used glazed clay roof tiles to ensure the structures they built were insulated, strong, and waterproof.
Check out these facts about natural and metal roofing:
- Metal roofing is noncombustible.
- Metal roofing is durable and much lighter than wood.
- Thatched roofs are effective, waterproof natural roofs.
Roofing technology has come a long way since hollowing out caves.
Roofing is an ancient technology
Roof safety has been a concern for governments and engineers for a long time.
Thatched roofs have been used for a long time, with wood shingles being introduced as early as the eleventh century.
With the spread of Chinese tile roof technology, how we build roofs began to change.
In the 12th century, King John of England issued a law in London that all citizens replace their thatch roods with clay tiles.
For more fun roofing content, check out our excellent quote selections below.
Short roofing quotes
Here are some roofing quotes that make the pitch in a few words.
1. “Like a cat on a hot tin roof.” — Tennessee Williams
2. “Another roof, another proof.” — Paul Erdos
3. “A library is infinity under a roof.” — Gail Carson Levine
4. “The shelter of excuses has a leaky roof.” — Ron Kaufman
5. “Look for happiness under your own roof.” — Gretchen Rubin
6. “When I had no roof, I made audacity my roof.” — Robert Pinsky
7. “I feel now I can take my talent through the roof.” — Terrell Owens
8. “Fools, when their roof-tree falls, think it doomsday.” — James Russell Lowell
9. “The sky’s the limit if you have a roof over your head.” — Sol Hurok
10. “All Iraqis should live under one roof and for one goal.” — Muqtada al Sadr
Insightful roofing quotes
Roofing is one of the oldest and most essential of human trades.
11. “The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.” — John F. Kennedy
12. “Loneliness will sit over our roofs with brooding wings.” — Bram Stoker
13. “If you run from a leaking roof, you’ll end up with a flood.” — Mahmoud Abbas
14. “Spring rain leaking through the roof dripping from the wasps’ nest.” — Matsuo Basho
15. “How often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.” — William Faulkner
16. “If it’s raining, you can’t fix the roof. If it’s not raining, it doesn’t need to be fixed.” — Jim Rohn
17. “I’m good at exploring roofs. You never know when that kind of thing comes in useful.” — Enid Blyton
18. “Elsewhere the sky is the roof of the world, but here the earth was the floor of the sky.” — Willa Cather
19. “One could not count the moons that shimmer on her roofs Or the thousand splendid suns that hide behind her walls.” — Khaled Hosseini
20. “When you are caught in the heavy rains of anger, open the umbrella of mind, take refuge under the roof of reason!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
Quality roofing quotes
For some people, a quality roofer is worth their weight in gold.
21. “No known roof is as beautiful as the skies above.” — Micheal O Muircheartaigh
22. “I bring truth to tha youth tear tha roof off tha ol’ school.” — Tupac Shakur
23. “Compromise makes a good umbrella, but a poor roof.” — James Russell Lowell
24. “The earth is all the home I have, the heavens my wide roof-tree” — William Edmondstoune Aytoun
25. “Rarely do members of the same family grow up under the same roof.” — Richard Bach
26. “Modernized by tin roofs and T-shirts, Third World poverty is no longer picturesque.” — Mason Cooley
27. “Some men are like a clock on the roof; they are useful only to the neighbors.” — Austin O’Malley
28. “If the rich could hire others to die for them, we, the poor, would all make a nice living.” — Shimen Ruskin
29. “Don’t complain about the snow on your neighbor’s roof when your own doorstep is unclean.” — Confucius
30. “When someone mentions the gracefulness of the night sky, climb up on the roof and dance and say, like this?” — Rumi
Inspirational quotes about roofing
Roofing is an ancient trade, and these quotes celebrate its old traditions.
31. “We do not tell old friends beneath our roof tree that they are an offense to the eyesight.” — P. G. Wodehouse
32. “Your home should tell the story of who you are and be a collection of what you love brought together under one roof.” — Nate Berkus
33. “What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof? I wish I knew. Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can.” — Tennessee Williams
34. “Every roof is agreeable to the eye until it is lifted; then we find tragedy and moaning women, and hard-eyed husbands.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. “Two may talk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet; two others at first speech are old friends.” — Mary Catherwood
36. “You are NOT a financial failure if you rent. You are getting something for your money. A roof over your head.” — Michelle Singletary
37. “Under most conditions, the best roof for your bedroom is the sky. This commonsense arrangement saves weight, time, energy, and money.” — Colin Fletcher
38. “My wife said, ‘Can my mother come down for the weekend?’ So I said, ‘Why?’ And she said, ‘Well, she’s been up on the roof two weeks already.’” — Bob Monkhouse
39. “In the same way that rain breaks into a house with a bad roof, desire breaks into the mind that has not been practicing meditation.” — Gautama Buddha
40. “Many are less fortunate than you may not be a roof to live under, but it will serve to retire beneath in the event of a shower.” — Georg C. Lichtenberg
Roofing quotes about the roof over your head
These quotes celebrate the roof over your head for all that it protects.
41. “This most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave overhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire.” — William Shakespeare
42. “You see, we all want the same things. We want to be able to take care of our families, provide for our children, to have a roof over our heads and a good-paying job.” — Dennis Hastert
43. “I was walking down the street the other day, and these construction workers were working on the roof hammering away. One of them told me I was a paranoid lunatic in morse code.” — Emo Philips
44. “We take care of our health; we lay up money; we make our roof tight, and our clothing sufficient; but who provides wisely that he shall not be wanting in the best property of all -friends?” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
45. “Come clean with a child heart Laugh as peaches in the summer wind Let rain on a house roof be a song Let the writing on your face be a smell of apple orchards on late June.” — Carl Sandburg
46. “If the roof caves in and the tenants are sitting in the debris, they will laugh like hell. They will endure any hardship as long as it means trouble for the landlord.” — Harry Golden
47. “People think that the foundation is the most important part of the house, but the roof is just as important. If either the flooring or roofing are damaged, your house is in bad shape.” — Anonymous
48. “Once you come up with a premise, you have to work out how it all happened. It’s a bit like coming up with a spectacular roof design first. Before you can get it up there, you need to build a solid foundation and supporting structure.” — Linwood Barclay
49. “Come! Let us take a moment’s shelter under some roof. Look! There – before you, a little way off, there is an empty space between truth and falsehood.” — Amrita Pritam
50. “An iron rod being placed on the outside of a building from the highest part continued down into the moist earth, in any direction straight or crooked, following the form of the roof or other parts of the building, will receive the lightning at its upper end, attracting it so as to prevent it’s striking any other part; and, affording it a good conveyance into the earth, will prevent it’s damaging any part of the building.” — Benjamin Franklin
Roofing technology continues to grow
Industrial production of clay roofing tiles started in the nineteenth century.
While roofing technology has increased exponentially, most changes in roofing materials have developed in the last two hundred years.
Ironically, people have been using roofing as a metaphor for excellent ideas for a long time.
Similarly, people have been making wise statements and observations about roofing.
For the most part, people still use regional materials available to them to build roofs.
Wood, metal, slate, and tile are the most popular forms of roofing used in the United States of America.
However, we see new advances in polymer, glass, and smog-absorbing tiles daily.
Our worlds will continue transforming as engineers create earth-friendly roofing options for us.
Are you a roofing enthusiast?
Do you have a favorite roofing quote that you enjoyed?
Please, be sure to share it with us in the comment section below.